(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 306.
#14251 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Not so. Your credit card company loves you!

Good point, actually....

#14252 1 year ago
0B608E21-DF35-46B9-ACBB-2433BCCA2023 (resized).jpeg0B608E21-DF35-46B9-ACBB-2433BCCA2023 (resized).jpegCB0960EA-9A32-452F-8A01-C5D7D94CBCCE (resized).jpegCB0960EA-9A32-452F-8A01-C5D7D94CBCCE (resized).jpeg
#14253 1 year ago

Build like five a week

#14254 1 year ago

At least my new TBL will have 1.0 ready to install as soon as it arrives.

9C28F102-FBEB-4546-83E6-2EFB2D3FDF37 (resized).jpeg9C28F102-FBEB-4546-83E6-2EFB2D3FDF37 (resized).jpeg
#14255 1 year ago

IT'S HERE!??!!??!?!

EDIT: I read the update. Wow. It's a lot of polish and some great stuff added to the gameplay too. Job well done.

https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball/

#14256 1 year ago

LOL!

"Walter will now complain when you select him as a bowling challenger on Shabbos (saturday). If your date/time is off you can change this in the PC's BIOS for now."

#14257 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

"Walter will now complain when you select him as a bowling challenger on Shabbos (saturday). If your date/time is off you can change this in the PC's BIOS for now."

F'ing hilarious.

#14258 1 year ago

LOL!

Those are the kind of details that showcase the love and passion Dutch Pinball has put into this pin..."far out, man"

#14259 1 year ago

Got my shipping notification today. Should be arriving next tues!

Ordered 9/9/21
Invoice paid 7/14/22
Shipping notification 10/14/22

#14260 1 year ago

So glad to hear that people are enjoying the 1.0 code. Now it's going to make waiting for mine that much harder (ordered 2/1/2022).

#14261 1 year ago

1.0 code is amazing. Ya’ll should be super stoked. My 12 month wait wasn’t terrible. The last month was excruciating after final payment. Worth the wait even more so. Dutch is an incredible company. Can’t wait to see their next offering.

#14262 1 year ago

The movie immersion has reached new heights with a ton of added film clips, animations, callouts, and gameplay features!

Here's a video of the game display (with new code) just posted by Rens with Dutch Pinball:

#14263 1 year ago

You guys got me. Ordered. Hope production picks up speed, I have a feeling the list just got a lot longer.

#14264 1 year ago

I ordered almost one year ago, on 10-19-2021. Still haven’t been tapped to pay the rest of my invoice. Hoping to get a notification any day now.

#14265 1 year ago

Ordered 8/24/21
Invoiced 10/12/22

Now the wait begins for delivery! Excited the new code is ready for when I receive the machine!

#14266 1 year ago
Quoted from ShawnC79:

Ordered 8/24/21
Invoiced 10/12/22
Now the wait begins for delivery! Excited the new code is ready for when I receive the machine!

Seems thats a bit of a slow down, I thought we had been seeing right around a year.

#14267 1 year ago

When I ordered in late July they said 9-10 months. Hopefully still accurate then.

#14268 1 year ago

June deposit here. I'm hoping for June 2023!

Last time I played it was almost exactly 3 years ago in Banning. Absolutely dream pin and dream theme for me. Can’t wait (the bolts are already installed in the floor for this one)

35F093BA-CFED-4A20-9368-B3BC37BD9644 (resized).jpeg35F093BA-CFED-4A20-9368-B3BC37BD9644 (resized).jpeg
#14269 1 year ago

Ordered 12/10. I feel like I'm almost there!

#14270 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seems thats a bit of a slow down, I thought we had been seeing right around a year.

Yeah - not sure why mine took longer. I specifically reached out to Melissa as I was seeing people posting that they were invoiced with order dates after mine. Once I reached out I got an invoice the next day.

#14271 1 year ago

I wonder how many people now buying this pin understand the history and how shaky ground this venture still is. Nit too mention EA is are still out of their games after 8 years.

#14272 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I wonder how many people now buying this pin understand the history and how shaky ground this venture still is. Nit too mention EA is are still out of their games after 8 years.

Only shaky ground I see is the supply chain issues. With the new code sales are going up.

#14273 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Only shaky ground I see is the supply chain issues. With the new code sales are going up.

But can they keep up is the question. I sure hope so and think DP has done a great job forgiing through some tough times.

#14274 1 year ago

Why would DP not be able to still produce only EA Editions of TBL while halting production of standard TBLs and moving on to the next title? Money coming in is money coming in to keep the lights on and the lines rolling. At some point they’ll have to move on to a new title.

#14275 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Why would DP not be able to still produce only EA Editions of TBL while halting production of standard TBLs and moving on to the next title? Money coming in is money coming in to keep the lights on and the lines rolling. At some point they’ll have to move on to a new title.

As long as TBL keeps selling more than they can build it’s more cost effective to keep building the same thing.

You can’t just say cash is cash…. Cash is earmarked for things and margins, not just revenue define your sustainability.

Building EAs is a pure tax/drain on them. Keeping it cheap through scale helps minimize that pain.

New game creating more demand doesn’t help them unless they are really ready to expand. (As long as TBL demand is there)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14276 1 year ago

They just renewed the license two more yrs recently so will be a long while bf a new title. All the hard work of creating is done so prob keep rolling with them.

#14277 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Have you read this thread in its entirety? If they bail on the EAs, forget trying to get any $$$ for a preorder. The next game better be ready to ship, or there is no next game.

#14278 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Have you read this thread in its entirety? If they bail on the EAs, forget trying to get any $$$ for a preorder. The next game better be ready to ship, or there is no next game.

Yes, entire thread read, thanks for checking.

Why forget trying to get any money for future preorders? Have you forgot the FOMO that drives pinball purchasing in today’s market? While some of us have been around long enough to follow this entire saga of DP and TBL, there’s probably just as many that have the slightest clue on what transpired and would be happy to jump in on a new DP title without hesitation.

TBL has been out for a while now. True indeed, demand is still there, and now even higher than before with this new v1.0 code. Keep a TBL line going, charge a new special premium price of $17,000+ (double original EA cost) to fund an EA be built per every one or two new units sold. DP then could finally move on to a new title while still pumping out TBLs. A TBL could easily fetch a higher price than a TS4 CE.

I don’t think DP wants a legacy of being a one trick pony (even with one of the best pins ever produced in TBL). They’re eventually going to want to produce a follow up effort and not be locked in to TBL for eternity.

#14279 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

DP no longer gets the money upfront if you follow the story. Cointaker holds your money and DP does not get paid so until it ships.

So bring on title #2 later this year please!

#14280 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

DP no longer gets the money upfront if you follow the story. Cointaker holds your money and DP does not get paid so until it ships.

Hey cpr, can you check your PMs please.

#14281 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

At some point DP is going to run out of funds. I dont believe they have a fat bank account that will cover the new games and the EAs. If they did, the EAs would be getting built faster. IMO.

#14282 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Hey cpr, can you check your PMs please.

Will do.
I have several dozen I am working through and plan to catch up by next weekend. Rest assured I will respond to everyone. Thanks for patience.

#14283 1 year ago

We’ll I joined the pre-order club today w/starry lit apron. Debated on ordering one of these for myself for years. With production in full swing again and the new 1.00 code was the tipping point for me.

Let the waiting begin.

#14284 1 year ago

I just checked with a distro here in europe which said pin could be ready for delivery in 6 weeks when ordered today. Does this sound plausible to you? I thought it's more like a year of waiting or so...?

#14285 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

I just checked with a distro here in europe which said pin could be ready for delivery in 6 weeks when ordered today. Does this sound plausible to you? I thought it's more like a year of waiting or so...?

Just a guess, but maybe U.S. orders are slower because they wait to have enough made to fill a shipping container before sending overseas, which is not necessary in Europe?

#14286 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

It can be correct. A distro like for instance RS have a running order with DP to deliver TBL every certain time which shortens the waiting list if the distro still has a tbl left. And the waiting list is likely shorter as in the US to with a distro.

#14287 1 year ago

Received my Big Lebowski today! "Some beers, a few laughs" in my future.

Ordered: 9/16/2021
Invoiced:8/9/2022
Shipping Notification: 10/14/2022
Received: 10/18/2022

#14288 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It can be correct. A distro like for instance RS have a running order with DP to deliver TBL every certain time which shortens the waiting list if the distro still has a tbl left. And the waiting list is likely shorter as in the US to with a distro.

I guess that several US pinball dealers only make business without any risk.
Wait for an order, get a pre payment. Order the pin, get the full amount, deliver the pin.
If you have a normal dealing distributor he buys some machines on his risk, and sell them after arrival.
I know some dealers in Euopr dealing this way, so they have several times machines in stock. Yes, they might be a little more expensive. Fair enough.

maybe a larger US dealer will order a full container. Than he has to wait but can sell suddenly many many games. i guess the demand is there, specially for TBL.

#14289 1 year ago

Ordered 9/9/21
Invoiced paid 7/14/22
Shipping notification 10/14/22
Game arrived 10/18/22

404 days from order to delivery
96 days from invoice to delivery.

See you all in the owners club soon.
685C0371-920F-41D4-A39A-DC3C562C9244 (resized).jpeg685C0371-920F-41D4-A39A-DC3C562C9244 (resized).jpeg763056BE-559A-4D92-8216-5FFF276709D3 (resized).jpeg763056BE-559A-4D92-8216-5FFF276709D3 (resized).jpeg

#14290 1 year ago

I'm happy to see more games make it to their new owners.

It was only May or so when I got my game, but I wish I could relive that day again. It was special.

#14291 1 year ago

I'm happy to see more games make it to their new owners.
It was only May or so when I got my game, but I wish I could relive that day again. It was special.

It really was a special day! Original order was placed November 2016. 6 years of waiting made for one exciting and memorable event!

#14292 1 year ago

Still got the box? Make it happen!

#14293 1 year ago

Just want to throw in my two cents to the ones here waiting. I received mine three months ago. Only had to make a few tweaks to switches and little adjustments to wireforms and ramps. Other than that, this machine has been flawless. The build quality is amazing, rock solid. I’ve never been so happy with a machine, this thing is sensational, and that was even before 1.0. Now it’s a masterpiece.

#14294 1 year ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Just want to throw in my two cents to the ones here waiting. I received mine three months ago. Only had to make a few tweaks to switches and little adjustments to wireforms and ramps. Other than that, this machine has been flawless. The build quality is amazing, rock solid. I’ve never been so happy with a machine, this thing is sensational, and that was even before 1.0. Now it’s a masterpiece.

I’ll second this. Just got my game Tuesday. Needed rollover switch adjustment but that’s it. Build quality is impressive. The cabinet and playfield feel very well put together. Glass even slides in snugly no rattles.

I did have to go pickup new tools though. 7mm and T20 drivers.

#14295 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

404 days from order to delivery
96 days from invoice to delivery. See you all in the owners club soon.

Congrats Dude!

My TBL: Ordered July 2014. 2,283 days to delivery in Oct 2020.

So worth it!

1 week later
#14296 1 year ago

Here is my commercial with the Sam Elliott voice over. It sounds very close like the pinball machine voice used I think.

#14297 1 year ago

Can we get a pinside discount on some belts though?

#14298 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can we get a pinside discount on some belts though?

Use coupon bhb10

#14299 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Use coupon bhb10

I was totally kidding. Thank you!

#14300 1 year ago

Anyone here order theirs from nitro? If so, what was the approximate timeframe from purchase date, to delivery date….
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.