(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 306.
#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from dangerdangerTILT:

Stoked for you buddy! Enjoy breaking it in.

Does this mean we'll see it up in Edmonton next weekend? I sure hope so!

I guarantee it will be there for
all to play and enjoy!

#1352 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

I guarantee it will be there for
all to play and enjoy!

Amazing. Can't wait!

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I don't know any of you guys but will bring as many White Russians as it takes.

You are out of your element.

#1354 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

They told me their plan is 21 for first container.

Congrats on your game and really hope the half container plan is correct. Game make it alright / one piece?

#1355 7 years ago

The anticipation of waiting for feedback is killing me!

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

And so it begins.....

image_(resized).jpeg

#1358 7 years ago

What's up guys, am I out of the circle of trust?

#1359 7 years ago

Hoping for some vids soon. Little birds tell me that the installed code will reveal new shit to light compared to the version shown at TPF

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Congrats on your game and really hope the half container plan is correct. Game make it alright / one piece?

Yea

Shipping company were pros.
Side note I did see the invoice from shipping company too. DP sent at a slight lose to themselves rather than pocketing extra income.

Out of the box it need two switch adjustments- easy stuff.

Game plays great.

Software is updated from Texas.
(More on this later)

Too many White Russians last night...

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

What's up guys, am I out of the circle of trust?

Never, just snuck up one me
I expected delivery Monday

#1362 7 years ago

Congrats! You're a certified OG for having it shipped by air.

#1363 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Going to be a common problem getting out news from all the unboxings of this game I think

#1364 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Shipping company were pros.
Side note I did see the invoice from shipping company too. DP sent at a slight lose to themselves rather than pocketing extra income.
Out of the box it need two switch adjustments- easy stuff.
Game plays great.
(More on this later)

Cant wait to see pics and your review of the game. I am in the process of deciding on some new games and this is on the list. Hopefully will get more info so I can move forward.

#1365 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

(More on this later)

Can't wait to hear more on this - really glad that the game is shipping with updated software.

#1366 7 years ago

We've been into the White Russian's for a few hours now at Nitro. It's amazing how much better everyone plays when drinking Caucasian's!

TBLShowroom_(resized).JPGTBLShowroom_(resized).JPG

WR_(resized).JPGWR_(resized).JPG

#1367 7 years ago

Please and thank you.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Can't wait to hear more on this - really glad that the game is shipping with updated software.

Code's similar to Bop 2.0, Metallica, or TWD on launch.
Bop 2.0 had an update every two or three months till it became complete and I hope progress continues on TBL the same.

Rug modes are in but aren't fully programmed (first and last shot have animation and call outs)
Car mode is in but no end goal that I can find.
Nihilists showdown is in...sweet intro.

I've really been enjoying it and watching guests play too.
Game just needs more code.

#1369 7 years ago

Any updates to the rules described at TPF? Sounds like if anything, they just finished out the framework/bones of code with little/no meat on them.

Character 'modes' sound like:
- hit the character shot to spell name
- after that, character can be collected at scoop
- which activates a 30 second blinking arrow for that character for which you get extra points.
- you can choose to hold off collecting character and for every additional character you spell before collecting at scoop, they become an add a ball multiball when you do finally collect. There is also a point multiplier for the additional cashed in characters at once.

Bowling - spell bowling, start bowling. The purpose of the challenges were not discussed

White Russian - lite white Russian ingredients to light a white Russian multiplier. No details provided.

Mark it zero - in and outlanes then to scoop to get a saucer hurry up.

Rug modes - knock rug back to reveal scoop, make scoop, get a movie clip then random white arrows will light.. Make those Then make scoop (this part a little fuzzy.. Says 'relock' in the power point.) Get video clip.. Mode is complete.

Dude ramp multiball - two light locks, lock 2 balls, get multiball

Mystery awards - spinner 30 times, then to scoop to collect mystery award.

#1370 7 years ago

Yeah

Bowling
Bowl against 1 of 5 character
Strike or spare gives you a ball.
If you have a characters ball
Jackpots during character multiball are x
Collect all 5 balls to check off that light for final wizard mode.
(Two multiballs can be stacked)

Dude multiball - lock three balls
Hit every shot to enable super jackpot.

nihilist showdown - two ball multiball

Bash the car - X amount of hits parks dudes car in handicap spot.

Dude abides - ???
Haven't gotten that far yet

#1371 7 years ago

I wouldn't say bare bones

So far after setup tweaks the game hasn't given me any issues after 100-200 plays.

Light show and animations are well done too.

#1372 7 years ago

Filpper strength OK on yours PDX?

#1373 7 years ago

Yeah

So it's really cool,
They have a coil setting in the menu. So you can change the strength on all three flippers independently or any other coil for that matter. Same as bop 2.0.

#1374 7 years ago

Cool. So in your personal opinion, as someone who traveled the road already with bop2.0.. How much more do you think is coming? Are we seeing 50% done right now or more like 80%?

#1375 7 years ago

It's hard to say because I have no clue what they're planning.

Bop 2.0 shipped with
Small wheel
Multiball 1

They added
Big wheel
Multiball 2
Video mode
Metamorphosis

The potential is huge but it's not my party to plan. So any guess at % is a total guess.

What does make me feel okay with future updates is bop 2.0 shipped with 1.0 version software. Now we are at 1.16

TBL shipped with 0.56 or 0.58
So I'm hopeful there's more to come.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 7 years ago

Congrats PDX with getting your game
Us fellow abiders can only be jealous of you

Perhaps version 0.56 means 56% done of what the initial goal is when it comes to software? Just a wild guess. I know for sure DP will not rest to have the total package done as beautiful as possible . So have piece of mind on this.

#1377 7 years ago

Thanks,

It's been great so far, hope to see more good folks getting games soon.

#1378 7 years ago

Thanks for the update on the code - sounds like it's come along somewhat but still a way to go. Can't wait for number 8 to arrive, hope more machines ship soon!

#1379 7 years ago

What's the music like in the current code? It seems like it changed from show to show. Is it instrumental covers of the movie tunes again, or their original music, or a mix?

#1380 7 years ago

Instrumentals for sure, however I don't know if they're originals or covers.

#1381 7 years ago

Around the time they pulled the original music I am pretty sure they said they were custom arranged for DP. The $64k question is whether this music can be replaced with "versions of an owner's choice?" I am hoping this will be the case. Does anyone have any insights on this?

#1382 7 years ago

It's easy if you can get to the audio files.

Quoted from Hjbondar:

Around the time they pulled the original music I am pretty sure they said they were custom arranged for DP. The $64k question is whether this music can be replaced with "versions of an owner's choice?" I am hoping this will be the case. Does anyone have any insights on this?

#1383 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Instrumentals for sure, however I don't know if they're originals or covers.

Additionally... The quality if sound is really nice and crisp. The instrumentals are well done, although I would have personally liked the originals (with lyrics) a bit more... Nevertheless assuming more songs will be included as software comes along.

Heard from DP target is to have version 1.0 ready within the next months...

#1384 7 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Additionally... The quality if sound is really nice and crisp. The instrumentals are well done, although I would have personally liked the originals (with lyrics) a bit more... Nevertheless assuming more songs will be included as software comes along.
Heard from DP target is to have version 1.0 ready within the next months...

By the mine time ships, maybe it'll have 1.0 on it.

#1385 7 years ago

Another reason for slow boating it, code maturity

#1386 7 years ago

Correction

Game has .42 code now not .56

#1387 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's easy if you can get to the audio files.

My recollection is that they hadn't decided yet if files would be open or not. Hopefully they choose wisely

#1388 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Another reason for slow boating it, code maturity

If I could magically have it now - I'd still want it now

But yeah, I can chill a few more months.

#1389 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Guess it's easy for me to say, I'm a first boater

#1390 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Guess it's easy for me to say, I'm a first boater

I guess I *could* be...depending on how many of the games before mine are going to European or Air Delivery customers. I'll prob be boat 2, though.

#1391 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No worriez Dudes! On current software the machine is very playable! There is a lot to shoot for -> all character with their respective MB's, Mark it Zero, Car mode (although incomplete), rug modes, bowling games, nihilist mode/MB, White Russians...

What I think is cool is the way CMB's (Character Multi Ball) are handled. When spelling multiple names before shooting 'start' CMB each active character arrow lights up and when shooting a 100k JP (per Character!) is awarded. But you need to shoot each active Character consecutive to get all those JP's + to relight all arrows again. Lot-of-action MB!

Complete a White Russian, shoot then a blinking WR-insert (each lane has one) and it activates a 'Lane Reward Multiplier' for all later-in-game lane shots

Also like (those normally low action) target switches can now lead up to a (Nihilist) MB / mode. Shoot them 20 times + VUK to start Nihilist (MB) mode. Nice intro and cool side game.

Last but not least; Display graphics are very well done (hopefully dotless option will become available in the future) and the way (multiple) scoring is displayed is neatly done.

So... If you indeed could get your hands on your machine today, I would not worry!

#1392 7 years ago

tumbleweed_rolling21_(resized).jpgtumbleweed_rolling21_(resized).jpg

#1393 7 years ago

Yup. Haven't heard of any more games shipping yet, and I emailed Jaap on Tuesday and I'm yet to hear back. Hopefully more news will come out soon. How are you guys with the game enjoying it now you've had it for a week or so?

#1394 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Yup. Haven't heard of any more games shipping yet,

Looking at the serial # list, yeah we have an accounting gap on pinside .. Goes from #3 directly to your #8. So the next four to ship prob aren't pinsiders. So obviously, things aren't flying off the shelves. And also, with the rumors of them moving buildings.. Wonder if that's basically 1-2 weeks of no machines being made to do the move.

#1395 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Looking at the serial # list, yeah we have an accounting gap on pinside .. Goes from #3 directly to your #8. So the next four to ship prob aren't pinsiders. So obviously, things aren't flying off the shelves. And also, with the rumors of them moving buildings.. Wonder if that's basically 1-2 weeks of no machines being made to do the move.

Heard back from Jaap today - they expect that my machine will be ready to ship next week, so it sounds like they are finishing one game a week as previously stated. Very excited now, although the next couple of weeks are going to be a struggle!

#1396 7 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Heard back from Jaap today - they expect that my machine will be ready to ship next week, so it sounds like they are finishing one game a week as previously stated. Very excited now, although the next couple of weeks are going to be a struggle!

Wow I've never felt more heartache and disappointment on a wait from #8 to my #14 and then wait further enough to fill a damn boat. Come on DP, lets do this!!!

#1397 7 years ago

I really hope that they will speed up the production soon.

#1398 7 years ago

I hope I don't offend anyone. This is my first post on Pinside. I feel compelled to ask everyone to stop complaining about the production schedule. We get it. We all want this game to appear, magically, tomorrow. Thank you Rensh, Hensbrooker, PDX monkey and everyone else who has taken time to inform us pinheads of the latest information regarding this games production. Dutch Pinball, thank you for making this game a reality. I for one have never built a pinball machine, nor do I have the time to learn. If I did, it would be Futurama, rest assured.

Please, for my sanity, stop with the posts about the production schedule! If this is your only issue at this point, you made it! Congrats. Relax.

#1399 7 years ago

I would like to take this opportunity to complain about the production schedule. I hope my game magically appears tomorrow. I wish someone who had the game already would give us some information about the game! I don't think anyone would have an issue with that, nor would I think it would affect anyone's sanity.

#1400 7 years ago
Quoted from medic0000:

I hope I don't offend anyone. This is my first post on Pinside. I feel compelled to ask everyone to stop complaining about the production schedule.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I would like to take this opportunity to complain about the production schedule.

You guys crack me up! By the way does anyone have an update on the production schedule?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.