(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 306.
#13801 2 years ago

People being asked to pay in full with deposit dates only ~6 weeks from mine makes me joyful!

#13802 2 years ago

I have not been on this thread for probably a year or two as I received my TBL EA #84 in November of 2019 as I went with option 2 to pay twice for a machine and get the initial $8,500 deposit refunded later. I had not heard anything from Dutch Pinball so, I figured I would just check out the thread to see what is going on, and I am really happy to see Dutch Pinball is getting a lot of orders out. Congratulations, to everyone who has ordered new machines and to the EAs who are finally getting their machines delivered! I cannot believe the turnaround as two years ago Dutch Pinball was dead in the water and now it looks like they are producing machines in a timely manner and getting them out the door. In a couple of years someone should really make a documentary about the whole TBL journey as it will make a fantastic story.

#13803 2 years ago

Even though I only managed to make a deposit a short time ago and still have a long wait ahead of me, I did manage to have my first "mod" delivered today...

Dude sweater 4 (resized).jpgDude sweater 4 (resized).jpg

Yeah, it's a "wardrobe mod", but a mod nonetheless...

#13804 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yeah, it's a "wardrobe mod", but a mod nonetheless...

Nice one! Looks like that’s a genuine Pendleton, I’ve eyed those from time to time. Pricey but they’re supposed to be super good quality.

#13805 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:Nice one! Looks like that’s a genuine Pendleton, I’ve eyed those from time to time. Pricey but they’re supposed to be super good quality.

I’ve got the original & blue, well worth the money, especially if you can grab one on sale mid-late January via Dillards, Zappos or one of the others that carry them.

#13806 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nice one! Looks like that’s a genuine Pendleton, I’ve eyed those from time to time. Pricey but they’re supposed to be super good quality.

Yup, it's a Pendleton Westerly, just like "The Dude's".

It really is extremely comfortable, and definitely worth the $$$.

#13807 2 years ago

Anyone knows if any other batch of machines have shipped since last month?

#13808 2 years ago

checking in

Nice to see the games are shipping.

Gotta love the free market system. When a bunch of people show up with $13,000 in their hand, the free market will "make things happen."

I wonder how many games will eventually be made. The low production games from Bally were what? 1,500 units?

I could see that many TBLs selling sooner or later.

#13809 2 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

checking in
Nice to see the games are shipping.
Gotta love the free market system. When a bunch of people show up with $13,000 in their hand, the free market will "make things happen."
I wonder how many games will eventually be made. The low production games from Bally were what? 1,500 units?
I could see that many TBLs selling sooner or later.

I have to admit, I didn't see DP pulling this off. So glad I was wrong and hope they are able to keep producing and making people whole. Props to DP, when they could have easily folded.

#13810 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have to admit, I didn't see DP pulling this off. So glad I was wrong and hope they are able to keep producing and making people whole. Props to DP, when they could have easily folded.

Yup, folding up was the easy way out. In stead Barry and others choose for a 24/7 job.

I fully realize that the speed of shipping out EA is far from satisfactory but keeping afloat a ‘starting’ pinball company in current times with so much supply issues is a challenge so to speak

DP is working hard on getting in more stock so production speed can go up but it seems that for every problem solved a new one pops up. But, rest assured, DP will pull this off. It will take longer as expected but it will be done

#13811 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yup, folding up was the easy way out. In stead Barry and others choose for a 24/7 job.

Like in addition to getting my TBL in the lineup, he's shipped out my BOP 2.0 kits. What a bomb!

#13812 2 years ago

In 11 more days, I will officially be 365 days removed from my preorder day.

I've gotta be close, right?............... RIGHT?

#13813 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Fingers crossed for you...

#13814 2 years ago

I think we ordered on the same day. We are way closer than we were then!

#13815 2 years ago

I never asked and orderd a few weeks ago (Glad to join the someday club) but how long are people waiting ? Or does anyone know about how long it will be?

#13816 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I never asked and orderd a few weeks ago (Glad to join the someday club) but how long are people waiting ? Or does anyone know about how long it will be?

Look at the post directly above you.

#13817 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Look at the post directly above you.

So Im expecting 2 years I guess lol

#13818 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

So Im expecting 2 years I guess lol

It seems to take 12 to 14 months

#13819 2 years ago

Serious question:

Would you swap TBL EA#105 and $9000 for a Big Bang Bar..

#13820 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Serious question:
Would you swap TBL EA#105 and $9000 for a oh Bang Bar..

Like Big Bang bar I assume? So tbl plus usd 9000 equals BBB? Gameplay wise for sure hell no.

#13821 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Serious question:

No I wouldn't do that. A few years ago I would have consider it seriously but not now. I think there is a big chance that BBB will be remade soon with more modern things in it that is easier to maintain in the future. IMO TBL is a great game that will be a safe investment for many years to come.

#13822 2 years ago

Yeah Rensh Big Bang Bar Pinball Inc remake.

It has loads of hard to get stuff spare.
When I had it I got spare
Circuit boards
El wire arrows
Green tube on playfield
Drop targets and original decals
Cabinet decals
Wireforms
Plastics set x 2
Black light tubes
Tube dancer - flesh coloured I think…

A hell of a lot of stuff..

#13823 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Serious question:

TBL for BBB straight up maybe, value wise.

But no, I wouldn't do that anyway.

#13824 2 years ago

I thought the last EA number was #70. That would be 35 more EAs to be produced no? Unless you got one out of order somehow?

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Serious question:
Would you swap TBL EA#105 and $9000 for a Big Bang Bar..

#13825 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yeah Rensh Big Bang Bar Pinball Inc remake.

Most people in this thread are going to think you're crazy trading a Lebowski for another game. You could ask in a BBB thread as well and average the responses ...

But let's take a closer look at the deal. Like luvthatapex2 I'm assuming you're selling the right to a TBL EA that hasn't shipped yet and is about 30 games deep in the EA production queue. If that's the case, you'd have to value the EA at less than current pre-order cost because it's still years out from shipping and it's not guaranteed in the same way a Cointaker pre-order would be (no refunds if things fall apart). If you value the EA at $11k you're "paying" $20k total for the BBB, which is probably at or below current market value.

On those numbers it seems like a reasonable deal, with a big factor being that you'd have a game to play now instead of waiting another few years for your EA to ship. If you plan on keeping BBB long-term you have to accept that you'll lose some value if a new BBB remake is announced. But if you decided to sell in today's market it seems at least possible that you could cover your $9k plus the cost of a new Cointaker TBL, and you'd probably still get your TBL faster than if you had waited for your EA to ship.

This can't be right -- aren't TBLs going for around $15-16k? BBBs can't be that cheap in the current pinball market. But I agree that if I had a Lebowski I wouldn't trade it for a BBB.

#13826 2 years ago
Quoted from Wulftown:

I think we ordered on the same day. We are way closer than we were then!

Ayyye team March 11th checking in also. With the way my stocks went I think I going to have to sell me beloved Xmen LE to help pay for this... expecting the bill any day now

#13827 2 years ago

Pre-ordered through Cointaker today 3-2-2022. Now just to wait 12 - 14 months!

#13828 2 years ago

I have my EA#105 now.. have had it since 2019.
The reason for that is I put another €12500 for “new money” had Barry make my EA first and then when my EA Number comes up in production line I will get a standard TBL.

I have actually made the decision to swap a JJP G&R LE & Dialed In LE for BBB.

#13829 2 years ago

1.25.21 deposit

2.10.22 invoice

3.7.22 Shipping notification

Details pending, it was light on information.

UPDATE: shipping fedex and they will be emailing me the tracking.

#13830 2 years ago

I just received shipping notification as well! About to join the owners' club!

Deposit 2/3/2021
Invoice 2/9/2022
Shipping 3/7/2022

#13831 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

1.25.21 deposit
2.10.22 invoice
3.7.22 Shipping notification
Details pending, it was light on information.
UPDATE: shipping fedex and they will be emailing me the tracking.

Quoted from Dexter:

I just received shipping notification as well! About to join the owners' club!
Deposit 2/3/2021
Invoice 2/9/2022
Shipping 3/7/2022

Excellent! Post pictures when they arrive.

#13832 2 years ago

Anyone know the last Early Achiever number to go out? Scrolled back and it looked to be somewhere around 70. That update at all?

#13833 2 years ago

Nice to hear about the new batch going out!

#13834 2 years ago

EA #73
From FedEx today:
6:32 PM WILLIAMSPORT, PA Shipment exception Shipment weight corrected
5:19 PM WILLIAMSPORT, PA Out for delivery
5:15 PM WILLIAMSPORT, PA Out for delivery
1:58 PM REDACTED Delivery option requested Appointment Date Mar 09, 2022 and Time 12:00 PM Set
12:46 PM SUNBURY, PA Picked up
12:16 PM WILLIAMSPORT, PA At pickup Arrived at customer location for pickup
10:12 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

#13835 2 years ago

But no, I wouldn't do that anyway.

I tried that offer. No takers so I went ahead and ordered.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-bbb-for-nib-big-lebowski

#13836 2 years ago

I should get a call or email any day now.

I've never been more excited to pay $12,000!

#13837 2 years ago

I put a deposit down on a game. For those of you waiting, have you been stocking up on Mods or just waiting to get your game first (if you are a modder). What are the must have mods for the game?

#13838 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I put a deposit down on a game. For those of you waiting, have you been stocking up on Mods or just waiting to get your game first (if you are a modder). What are the must have mods for the game?

I've been stocking up. I have no idea what I purchased or how many either. They are all still in boxes.

I also got a sweet topper that's sitting and waiting to be installed. That'll probably be the first thing I do.

#13839 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I've thought about that, too. At first I thought that I might start going about getting all of the mods now to have on hand when the time comes. Then after thinking about it, I decided that I would wait until Im actually sent an invoice for the balance and knowing that I have a machine coming before buying any mods. My thinking was that if I had all of the mods on hand now, I would constantly be reminded how long I still have to wait before I could actually use them.

However, I do know what I would like to add so I'll know what to get when the time comes.

Just my personal preference, mind you...

#13840 2 years ago

Well, Also expecting the call soon. In my case I made my own topper. 95% completed. Got pinstadiums, in&Out sign, invisiglass, some bowling balls, and I will probably make my own decals.

20220308_184053 (resized).jpg20220308_184053 (resized).jpg
#13841 2 years ago

Deposit made February 2021 and just paid my remaining balance today! Hopefully I will have mine in another 30 days. Mods I pre bought: chrome coin door, sticker decals, Ralph’s shopper card, mirror side blades, bowling balls, lit bowling sign, no parking sign, Folgers can.

#13842 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Well, Also expecting the call soon. In my case I made my own topper. 95% completed. Got pinstadiums, in&Out sign, invisiglass, some bowling balls, and I will probably make my own decals.

Congrats - Looks nice. Are there any pre-made toppers that I could check out?

Quoted from Bzappas2:

Deposit made February 2021 and just paid my remaining balance today! Hopefully I will have mine in another 30 days. Mods I pre bought: chrome coin door, sticker decals, Ralph’s shopper card, mirror side blades, bowling balls, lit bowling sign, no parking sign, Folgers can.

I will need to check out those mods.

I will probably stock on some of them as I wait. I also have an Elvira on order (hopefully Nov/Dec) and I have been buying a few Mods for that game too. Luckily I was able to buy the topper for that game when I was surfing in here and someone said they were available. It was all timing as they were gone in minutes.

#13843 2 years ago

Here is a little clip of my topper. Someone asked me how I made the topper backlit. (I apologized, I deleted the question by accident). It's my own design i printed in acrylic and I individually lit every start from the back.

#13844 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Here is a little clip of my topper. Someone asked me how I made the topper backlit. (I apologized, I deleted the question by accident). It's my own design i printed in acrylic and I individually lit every start from the back.

Looks very nice, but you should place some paper as a diffusor between LED and the Stars. The LED is very massiv. Nice work !

#13845 2 years ago

That’s a nice topper!

#13846 2 years ago

Are there any high quality streams of the latest code?

#13847 2 years ago

TBL received!

66862040788__E5CCE6A5-00BA-4D70-8261-17207261446C (resized).jpg66862040788__E5CCE6A5-00BA-4D70-8261-17207261446C (resized).jpg
#13848 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

TBL received!
[quoted image]

Congrats!

#13849 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

TBL received!
[quoted image]

Question for you, I know in the past the straps that hold the back box to the cabinet were so tight that it actually made an indentation into the artwork on the back box is that still the case?

#13850 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Question for you, I know in the past the straps that hold the back box to the cabinet were so tight that it actually made an indentation into the artwork on the back box is that still the case?

I will let you know. I was surprised that is boxed to the pallet- no bottom box like stern and others ship. No damage in the long transit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/277?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.