(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 306.
#13751 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Thinking of shelving both and getting this one.
[quoted image]

I've debated that one in the past. If you (or anyone on here) orders that, I'd love to see what the quality is, once it arrives.

#13752 2 years ago
Quoted from jmcadres:

Is that the laser cut apron? I’ve never been able to find out what the laser cut apron looks like compared to the “non” laser cut apron. I ordered mine with it…….so if your is, I’m happy. Looks great.

Yes it’s the laser cut apron right from DP. For $600 it seems like alot but well worth it. Looks incredible on the machine. The light show is incorporated with it. I’m 100% glad I got it.

#13753 2 years ago
AA0CFB24-5FE2-4CDB-B7F4-8060D3F2E2D3 (resized).jpegAA0CFB24-5FE2-4CDB-B7F4-8060D3F2E2D3 (resized).jpegAB2CB79B-0A59-4AEB-85D1-793BF78165E8 (resized).jpegAB2CB79B-0A59-4AEB-85D1-793BF78165E8 (resized).jpegCDA3CB14-7B9E-4500-9720-C96454D4A39B (resized).jpegCDA3CB14-7B9E-4500-9720-C96454D4A39B (resized).jpegFFFBDABD-0B22-4383-8543-C8F43E33C34C (resized).jpegFFFBDABD-0B22-4383-8543-C8F43E33C34C (resized).jpeg
#13754 2 years ago

I also got the lit apron and highly recommend. It really ties the machine together

#13755 2 years ago

How do I go about getting the apron? I didn't have the option when I ordered.

#13756 2 years ago

Email Melissa..She had me send her an email when I ordered mine before it was an option on their site.

#13757 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Email Melissa..She had me send her an email when I ordered mine before it was an option on their site.

Thanks. Done and acknowledged.

#13758 2 years ago

How does the lock down bar fit on this latest batch of games? In the past they were a bit to wide for the game and fit a bit sloppy.

#13759 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How does the lock down bar fit on this latest batch of games? In the past they were a bit to wide for the game and fit a bit sloppy.

Excellent fit. I had heard that they went with a different supplier or perhaps a different lockbar design. In any case, the lockdown bar on mine seems perfect

#13760 2 years ago

Fits like a glove. Nice and snug.

#13761 2 years ago

That problem was solved a longer time ago.
The "long lockbars" are out. I swapped mine just with a powdercoatet standart WMS lockbar.

#13762 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

The build quality is amazing. Well freak’n done DP. I’m blown away. The sound system is incredible. Worth the wait and every penny! I suggest the lighted apron. Spectacular!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations - Looks to be a great location for it. Question - are those art blades that you installed, or were they factory? If you installed, were they difficult?

#13763 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Congratulations - Looks to be a great location for it. Question - are those art blades that you installed, or were they factory? If you installed, were they difficult?

Those are from Pingraffix. They make black ones (pictured in the post) and blue ones (what I installed), so you get your pick. I use the wet method to apply side art which I have found to be successful and normally get the help of a buddy because a second set of hands can be helpful. Essentially, this is what I do:

1) Clean the area where you are going to apply the decals. For a new machine like TBL, it should already been fine
2) Raise the playfield up vertically
3) Peel the side art off and flip it over so the stick side is facing up
4) Apply soapy water (I used dish detergent) all along the sticky side. You want a nice soapy coating, but don't overdo it
5) Carry the side art over to the machine and position it correctly. This will require trial and error but the soapy water will allow you to apply and re-apply to get the position correctly. Ensure it's positioned correctly all along the side and make sure it isn't too high and getting into the track where the playfield glass slides into. You can use the hole in the back of the machine from the backbox hinge as a guide (there's a corresponding hole in the side art), but understand that it won't always align perfectly to that hole
6) Once positioned correctly, smooth the decal into place to get a nice adhesion. Wipe away any excess water and ensure you don't have any bubbling. If there are bubbles, smooth them out.
7) Repeat this process with the other side
8) Once completed and into the future, be very careful when moving the playfield in/out or up/down understanding that it's a fairly tight fit and you could easily damage your decals

I purchased a set of these protectors a long time ago and literally use them for every machine when I'm moving the playfield around. They have been awesome to have and I have never damaged side art or mirror blades as a result. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Hope that helps you out

#13764 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Those are from Pingraffix. They make black ones (pictured in the post) and blue ones (what I installed), so you get your pick. I use the wet method to apply side art which I have found to be successful and normally get the help of a buddy because a second set of hands can be helpful. Essentially, this is what I do:
1) Clean the area where you are going to apply the decals. For a new machine like TBL, it should already been fine
4) Apply soapy water (I used dish detergent) all along the sticky side. You want a nice soapy coating, but don't overdo it
5) Carry the side art over to the machine and position it correctly. This will require trial and error but the soapy water will allow you to apply and re-apply to get the position correctly. Ensure it's positioned correctly all along the side and make sure it isn't too high and getting into the track where the playfield glass slides into. You can use the hole in the back of the machine from the backbox hinge as a guide (there's a corresponding hole in the side art), but understand that it won't always align perfectly to that hole
6) Once positioned correctly, smooth the decal into place to get a nice adhesion. Wipe away any excess water and ensure you don't have any bubbling. If there are bubbles, smooth them out.
8) Once completed and into the future, be very careful when moving the playfield in/out or up/down understanding that it's a fairly tight fit and you could easily damage your decals
I purchased a set of these protectors a long time ago and literally use them for every machine when I'm moving the playfield around. They have been awesome to have and I have never damaged side art or mirror blades as a result. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html
Hope that helps you out

Dude, you should write instruction manuals! You have a talent!

#13765 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Hope that helps you out

Cleaning the area is important in case there are invisible oils that can't be seen that may give you adhesion issues down the road. Ask my how I know. lol I use LCD screen cleaner that is essentially water which has had good results.

#13766 2 years ago

Well, I just plopped down my deposit with Cointaker today. Now the waiting begins...

#13767 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Dude, you should write instruction manuals! You have a talent!

Haha...I have done it enough I've got it down to a science! Once I started putting side art into my machines I now have to do it for every machine I own otherwise the damn thing seems unfinished to me. I just threw in my first set of mirror blades on a different machine (Star Trek) and like those too...but I think I'm more of a side art guy overall

#13768 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Well, I just plopped down my deposit with Cointaker today. Now the waiting begins...

Congrats! I waited two years for mine. Your wait won’t be nearly as long I’m sure, but it will be worth it. The game is fantastic.

7DDF9345-F9D5-4E31-80E9-992545A0DE91 (resized).jpeg7DDF9345-F9D5-4E31-80E9-992545A0DE91 (resized).jpeg
#13769 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Hope that helps you out

This is very good advice. Applying these "wet" is the only way to go unless you are taking the playfield out.

#13770 2 years ago

Nice video, just put English subtitles on ☺️

#13771 2 years ago

Rensh lol, french video whit german subtitles in an american forum.
And that from a Dutch men
The world is an village and you are the mayor.

Bedankt

#13772 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Rensh lol, french video whit german subtitles in an american forum.
And that from a Dutch men
The world is an village and you are the mayor.
Bedankt

istockphoto-185266277-612x612 (resized).jpgistockphoto-185266277-612x612 (resized).jpg
#13773 2 years ago

After 7+ years of waiting since the initial payment had been made, EA #71 arrived safely. It is located for play at Triangle Bowl in Longview Washington. One of the packaging indicators had been broken off during shipping. There was a puncture in the box but no damages to report. Only issue is after playing for a bit, hitting the Walter ramp is impossible. Flipper strength has been increased to max and still won’t make it up. I will work on that today.

4BAF4C3A-BEF3-434D-89DF-A427D95A8808 (resized).jpeg4BAF4C3A-BEF3-434D-89DF-A427D95A8808 (resized).jpegB3BE7B31-845C-49EC-B5EB-1040A27FFB95 (resized).jpegB3BE7B31-845C-49EC-B5EB-1040A27FFB95 (resized).jpegFEF19CD6-EFA1-4579-A8DE-FA4048DBAB00 (resized).jpegFEF19CD6-EFA1-4579-A8DE-FA4048DBAB00 (resized).jpeg
#13774 2 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

After 7+ years of waiting since the initial payment had been made, EA #71 arrived safely. It is located for play at Triangle Bowl in Longview Washington. One of the packaging indicators had been broken off during shipping. There was a puncture in the box but no damages to report. Only issue is after playing for a bit, hitting the Walter ramp is impossible. Flipper strength has been increased to max and still won’t make it up. I will work on that today. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The last picture is fantastic!

#13775 2 years ago

The last picture is fantastic!

That really is a beautiful picture.
If TBL belongs anywhere, a bowling alley is certainly it!
Really ties the place together!

#13776 2 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

After 7+ years of waiting since the initial payment had been made, EA #71 arrived safely. It is located for play at Triangle Bowl in Longview Washington. One of the packaging indicators had been broken off during shipping. There was a puncture in the box but no damages to report. Only issue is after playing for a bit, hitting the Walter ramp is impossible. Flipper strength has been increased to max and still won’t make it up. I will work on that today. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can only imagine how many times I would've fallen on my ass trying to set up that last shot.

#13777 2 years ago

Geez I thought that was a diorama at first...

#13778 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

We are going to have two TBL in Ponte Vedra!

#13779 2 years ago

I am at 1 year ago today that I placed my deposit. Hopefully soon......

#13780 2 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

After 7+ years of waiting since the initial payment had been made, EA #71 arrived safely. ...

Congrats Dude! Long time coming, but TBL will still be worth all your anguish experienced as an EA.

Very cool of you to share the game too!

#13781 2 years ago

Amazing! And congratulations that last pic is perfect

#13782 2 years ago

Deposit placed, getting the laser cut apron. Cannot wait for the surprise "pay me $12600 plus shipping" in 12 to 15 months.

#13783 2 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

I just went and played it today! First time I’ve seen one in person. I’ll definitely be back.

#13784 2 years ago

Well, I'm bummed. There was a big pin convention in AZ this year. 200+ pins and was hoping to play a TBL. No luck Please, if you live in AZ, please let me play. I'm not too wierd!

#13785 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well, I'm bummed. There was a big pin convention in AZ this year. 200+ pins and was hoping to play a TBL. No luck Please, if you live in AZ, please let me play. I'm not too wierd!

Sorry to hear. Hit me up if you're ever out this way in SoCal!

#13786 2 years ago

I have a diecut lighted starry apron for sale if anyone is looking. Posted here under parts/mods.

#13787 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice in full. Less than a month more wait! A year since initial deposit was last week.

#13788 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Just paid my invoice in full. Less than a month more wait! A year since initial deposit was last week.

Congrats ! Won’t be long now.

#13789 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Same here.

#13790 2 years ago

After I paid in full it was two weeks but I went down to CT and picked it up myself. Didn’t want to have to deal with more shipping. Right out of the box playing great. Only issue I had was the mystery kickout. I had to adjust the roller switch slightly. Was getting inconsistent lockouts. The switches on the upper playfield were a bit tight as well so took a little tweaking. Perfect now! Well worth the wait. The build quality is second to none.

#13791 2 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

Ramp issue resolved?

#13792 2 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Ramp issue resolved?

Backhanding the Walter ramp is key imo. I can hit it consistently from a cradle. Much easier than the left flipper. Same with the dude ramp. Backhand all day. You need a sizzling shot with the left flipper to make it up Walter.

#13793 2 years ago

Invoice received, 1.25.21 deposit

#13796 2 years ago

I'm practicing up so I'll be ready when my game is.
Helps the time pass.

IMG_3145 (resized).jpegIMG_3145 (resized).jpeg
Russian (resized).pngRussian (resized).png

#13797 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm practicing up so I'll be ready when my game is.
Helps the time pass.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love White Russians, has nothing to do with the movie really but there’s always a bottle of vanilla vodka and Kahlua in our bar. Half and half always around for coffee......the perfect nightcap!

#13798 2 years ago

01/25/2021

#13799 2 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Ramp issue resolved?

Misaligned left flipper. Didn’t really notice out of the box. Realigned it and works great. This game is out in the wild so it’s seeing a lot of use. Close to 700 plays so far. A few things have come loose and currently have an issue with a small spring that broke. Minor things. Biggest complaint is in let’s go bowling mode I can literally strike the pin with the ball and watch ball bounce off the pin and of course it scores that as a miss. It doesn’t happen Everytime. Annoying when it does though. I can see how pins will break on this.

#13800 2 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

Misaligned left flipper. Didn’t really notice out of the box. Realigned it and works great. This game is out in the wild so it’s seeing a lot of use. Close to 700 plays so far. A few things have come loose and currently have an issue with a small spring that broke. Minor things. Biggest complaint is in let’s go bowling mode I can literally strike the pin with the ball and watch ball bounce off the pin and of course it scores that as a miss. It doesn’t happen Everytime. Annoying when it does though. I can see how pins will break on this.

To improve accuracy during bowling see page 58 of the operational manual rel 058. It will never be perfect I think but it does improve things.

Than the bowling pins. Don’t think they break because of a ball hitting them, it’s more the force when they are being pulled upwards. DP continuos trying to source new materials to overcome this issue.

8E847BDA-D316-48A0-9D05-D2B4F74E9F6F (resized).jpeg8E847BDA-D316-48A0-9D05-D2B4F74E9F6F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/276?hl=becker34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.