(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,279 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Scotty_K
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 306.
#13601 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Definitely worth the wait. Amazing game! I love mine!!

That angle-corner is perfectly sized for showcasing a pinball machine! Did you design that or just a happy accident?

#13602 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That angle-corner is perfectly sized for showcasing a pinball machine! Did you design that or just a happy accident?

Thank you! Pure happy accident

#13603 2 years ago

Well, after joining the TBL wait list back in August 2019, then jumping out last year during the disaster known as 2020.....

I'm back in! I'll consider it an early order, for a Christmas 2022 gift to myself.

#13604 2 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Got my shipment scheduled for Friday 11/19
For those keeping score at home:
Initial deposit 11/20/20
Invoice 10/19/21
Ship Date 11/19/21
364 days

So weird, I'm a month before your deposits and paid in full. Happy you got your game. I don't understand cointaker. And by don't understand, I mean I'll never buy anything from them again.

#13605 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

So weird, I'm a month before your deposits and paid in full. Happy you got your game. I don't understand cointaker. And by don't understand, I mean I'll never buy anything from them again.

It's been a weird process for me. I'm not happy with the communication either I know the last couple months I've been calling and bugging about the status and I did get one of the lit up aprons so I don't know if that makes a difference either.

She arrived and looks to be in good shape. Will be bringing it in the house and installing in a couple hours when I get assistance.

20211119_121758 (resized).jpg20211119_121758 (resized).jpg
#13606 2 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

It's been a weird process for me. I'm not happy with the communication either I know the last couple months I've been calling and bugging about the status and I did get one of the lit up aprons so I don't know if that makes a difference either.
She arrived and looks to be in good shape. Will be bringing it in the house and installing in a couple hours when I get assistance.
[quoted image]

Congrats! I'd be lying like cointaker if I said I wasn't jealous. But more Lebowski's in the wild makes me happy. A lot of us are in the same waiting game so who am I to complain. F it, I'll go bowling!

#13607 2 years ago

Rena - Can you confirm whether the batch that has been awaiting pickup from the shipper has been picked up or still waiting. I'm in that batch, per a recent email from cointaker, but haven't been invoiced yet. Just trying to figure out what's going on.

Thanks!

#13608 2 years ago

Deposit - 10/05/20
Paid in full - 09/26/21
Shipped - 11/17/21

Delivery scheduled tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

#13609 2 years ago

Any must have mods? I think there is a plastic protector for a exposed piece of metal on the right side of machine that is supposed to protect the ball. Looked through the thread to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

#13610 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

... Delivery scheduled tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Quoted from cmdestin:

Any must have mods? I think there is a plastic protector for a exposed piece of metal on the right side of machine that is supposed to protect the ball. Looked through the thread to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Congrats Dude!

I recommend you go to the TBL Owner's Thread and do a search usings keyword: "mods". Lots of good suggestions and info to be found.

The TBL protector/diverter piece is available via a Pinsider on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1088825021/the-big-lebowski-pinball-orbit-protector?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=big+lebowski&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

1 week later
#13611 2 years ago

Deposit - 9/29/20
Paid in full - 09/26/21
Delivered - 11/30/21

2 months from paid in full should be quicker for others (other than EA's). My only advice is to email or call after paying in full. I lucked into getting the last one from this shipment. If someone else called, I'm sure I'd be waiting for the next run. No rhyme or reason. The squeaky nut gets the oil.
Cheers to everyone, this pin is beautiful!

#13612 2 years ago

I put my deposit down in Nov of last year and was basically told that my machine would definitely be here in November. Well, Melissa told me via email last week that my machine has landed in the U.S. and had already cleared customs and is just awaiting delivery to Cointaker. I was excited to hear that news for sure. Well, I got an email from her yesterday afternoon stating that my machine will be heading here from Dutch Pinball on a container in about 2 weeks and should land in the U.S. in about 6 weeks. I am very confused considering the conflicting info delivered about a week apart. Not sure what is going on, but if the latest news is true than anyone thinking they are in the next batch to be delivered is likely looking at a late Jan / Feb delivery date.

Bummer for sure dudes...but I guess we're kinda forced to abide.

#13613 2 years ago

Probably both lies.

#13614 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I put my deposit down in Nov of last year and was basically told that my machine would definitely be here in November. Well, Melissa told me via email last week that my machine has landed in the U.S. and had already cleared customs and is just awaiting delivery to Cointaker. I was excited to hear that news for sure. Well, I got an email from her yesterday afternoon stating that my machine will be heading here from Dutch Pinball on a container in about 2 weeks and should land in the U.S. in about 6 weeks. I am very confused considering the conflicting info delivered about a week apart. Not sure what is going on, but if the latest news is true than anyone thinking they are in the next batch to be delivered is likely looking at a late Jan / Feb delivery date.

Just curious, did you pay in full, if so when? I’m a Nov20 deposit as well. Haven’t been invoiced, but expect to soon, as was last told mid-Jan delivery date as well.

#13615 2 years ago

I put my deposit down in Nov of last year and was basically told that my machine would definitely be here in November. Well, Melissa told me via email last week that my machine has landed in the U.S. and had already cleared customs and is just awaiting delivery to Cointaker. <<

I made my deposit in November of 2020 as well, actually Nov 6 of 2020. I was told on 10-26-20 in an e-mail from Melissa that I was in the next 10 games following the shipment that was just arriving.

I was told initially March of 2021, then May, then July, then October. Now, I'm supposed to be in the next 10 games?? I don't know what to believe.

#13616 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

My deposit was 11-6-20. I was told on 10-26-21 in an e-mail from Melissa:

" We have a shipment on it’s way that is spoken for, and you will be in the following 10 games. "

I really don't know what to believe. Did anybody get invoiced or already receive their machine that made their deposit after 11-6-20?

#13617 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Ouch

Quoted from mkdud:

My deposit was 11-6-20. I was told on 10-26-21 in an e-mail from Melissa:
" We have a shipment on it’s way that is spoken for, and you will be in the following 10 games. "
I really don't know what to believe. Did anybody get invoiced or already receive their machine that made their deposit after 11-6-20?

Coin taker just needs to be straight.
IE. All shipping dates are dependent on the manufacturer. We imply or give no promises. I mean, why promise something you have no control over?

#13618 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ouch

Coin taker just needs to be straight.
IE. All shipping dates are dependent on the manufacturer. We imply or give no promises. I mean, why promise something you have no control over?

So, vwallat99 deposited 2 weeks after me:

"Quoted from vwallat99:
Got my shipment scheduled for Friday 11/19
For those keeping score at home:
Initial deposit 11/20/20
Invoice 10/19/21
Ship Date 11/19/21"

And he had his game delivered 11-19-21. I have been told nothing more from Melissa or CT
other than the e-mail from 10-22-21 saying I was in the next 10 games...

#13619 2 years ago

There are a few folks who have posted recently that they put their deposits down either around the same time in November last year and I think someone in Jan of this year who have already received their machines. There is no rhyme or reason to it and I just don't understand why they can't be more transparent. If you have a list, then honor it and make it transparent. It's one thing to say that a machine is supposed to ship or scheduled to ship on a certain day and then that doesn't happen, it's another to potentially lie about the status or whereabouts of a machine like it seems occured in my case.

Strange behavior for sure and very frustrating. It will feel surreal when / if this machine ever actually arrives at my house. I have tried to give Cointaker the benefit of the doubt but not sure that's deserved at this point.

I just hope I eventually receive a fully functional game and not a lemon

#13620 2 years ago

By the way, Melissa also confirmed that they are no longer going to be invoicing customers until the machine arrives at Cointaker. I believe customers were being invoiced once the machines were ready to leave DP in the past.

#13621 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

There are a few folks who have posted recently that they put their deposits down either around the same time in November last year and I think someone in Jan of this year who have already received their machines. There is no rhyme or reason to it and I just don't understand why they can't be more transparent. If you have a list, then honor it and make it transparent. It's one thing to say that a machine is supposed to ship or scheduled to ship on a certain day and then that doesn't happen, it's another to potentially lie about the status or whereabouts of a machine like it seems occured in my case.
Strange behavior for sure and very frustrating. It will feel surreal when / if this machine ever actually arrives at my house. I have tried to give Cointaker the benefit of the doubt but not sure that's deserved at this point.
I just hope I eventually receive a fully functional game and not a lemon

It's called a pyramid scheme. EAs will never be made whole. They funded this whole scheme and they didnt even know it.

#13622 2 years ago

Anyone that says Melissa “told you for sure” about a TBL delivery date is lying. I deposited 12/6/20 and have been in contact with her a few times since then. Estimates any time I speak with her. She has no control over parts shortages or shipping issues. I’ve dealt with CoinTaker for years and they have been nothing but accommodating and great to work with. I would love to see this email that “guaranteed” more or less someone they were getting a game on a specific date. It’s just not true.

#13623 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It's called a pyramid scheme. EAs will never be made whole. They funded this whole scheme and they didnt even know it.

You’re wrong. We’ve seen EA’s getting delivered with each batch of new orders. The last one promptly got listed for almost $20k. People cry and bitch about not getting their games then it finally comes and they try and flip it for a huge profit. BS!

#13624 2 years ago

In regard to shipping I can tell you that it’s even more a nightmare nowadays. Currently pricing are like usd 20 per kg !!! Do the math

Prices are expected to drop after Christmas.

So DP and CT are investigating best way forward. Container on a ship or wait or ….

We fully realize that all these issues are frustrating but it’s is like it is at the moment and circumstances almost change daily. Pls take this into consideration when debating shipping vs invoices vs paid vs …. Neither DP and CT have the world under control.

#13625 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

You’re wrong. We’ve seen EA’s getting delivered with each batch of new orders. The last one promptly got listed for almost $20k. People cry and bitch about not getting their games then it finally comes and they try and flip it for a huge profit. BS!

Their money has been tied up for over 7 years. They deserved every penny imo.

#13626 2 years ago

I’m not saying they don’t deserve it. There were obviously issues in the past and DP is trying to rectify it with the release of EA’s with each new shipment batch from what I’ve seen.

#13627 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to shipping I can tell you that it’s even more a nightmare nowadays. Currently pricing are like usd 20 per kg !!! Do the math
Prices are expected to drop after Christmas.
So DP and CT are investigating best way forward. Container on a ship or wait or ….
We fully realize that all these issues are frustrating but it’s is like it is at the moment and circumstances almost change daily. Pls take this into consideration when debating shipping vs invoices vs paid vs …. Neither DP and CT have the world under control.

I'm fine with waiting a few extra weeks tbh. By the time I get my pin it'll be about 55-60 weeks. What's another 2-4 more?

#13628 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Their money has been tied up for over 7 years. They deserved every penny imo.

Agree! It’s absolutely every owners right to resell any game at any price the market will bear. Doesn’t matter how when or why they got it, it’s their property and decision.

#13629 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Anyone that says Melissa “told you for sure” about a TBL delivery date is lying. I deposited 12/6/20 and have been in contact with her a few times since then. Estimates any time I speak with her. She has no control over parts shortages or shipping issues. I’ve dealt with CoinTaker for years and they have been nothing but accommodating and great to work with. I would love to see this email that “guaranteed” more or less someone they were getting a game on a specific date. It’s just not true.

I certainly don't appreciate the implication that I'm lying. PM me your email address and I'll forward you the correspondences from her that I'm referring to. All I ask in return is, after you've read them, that you respond back to this thread and apologize. How does that sound?

#13630 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I certainly don't appreciate the implication that I'm lying. PM me your email address and I'll forward you the correspondences from her that I'm referring to. All I ask in return is, after you've read them, that you respond back to this thread and apologize. How does that sound?

I’m just reiterating the stuff I hear on this forum. Wasn’t referring specifically to you. People need to have a little patience with the new orders. CT eluded they are getting away from air freight and going to cargo containers so that will definitely increase wait times. Patience….

#13631 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Seriously! I have about 4 emails estimating delivery back in April. I received in November.
I don't mind the fact it took over a year to get the game.
I just wish cointaker was upfront and transparent. I literally emailed her and was told 'well, I have one here ready to ship'. I was thinking, why did I have to email to get it shipped?? I don't know but the game is special and worth the wait.

#13632 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’m not saying they don’t deserve it. There were obviously issues in the past and DP is trying to rectify it with the release of EA’s with each new shipment batch from what I’ve seen.

Dude -

All credit to Barry and DP for every EA that they make right by getting their game to them! As an EA that waited 6 1/2 years for my game and went through an emotional roller coaster throughout the process, I feel very fortunate to have received my TBL after many in the hobby had written my chances off. It is a very fun game and is truly the favorite in my collection!

That said, the "Early Achiever"s' issues are not in the past as most are STILL waiting for games that they paid for in full 6-7 years ago and have had to stand by and watch others receive and enjoy in the meantime. Unfortunately, the issuance of games to Early Achievers has continued to be a mere trickle. Hopefully, DP is able to improve upon this delivery frequency soon.

#13633 2 years ago

dp should make a Jesus Edition -- the only change being artwork, translite, plaque, and apron -- charge 25k and use that as a way to make EAs whole.

The demand for pinball is out there, and people seem to be ready to throw 20-30k at rare games these days.

#13634 2 years ago

Like I said I was calling and emailing alot when I was getting closer so I don't know if that made a difference on my time waiting. I also was on the unofficial list before the 1K deposits were made and was never told I needed to jump onto that new list. So after contacting cointaker I was pretty much told that old list didn't mean a thing and to pony up a grand. Not sure if this helped my time table at all but yeah there needs to be transparency to the whole set up especially with how slow going this has been.

#13635 2 years ago

I thought DP just finished like EA70.

I see an EA129 for sale. I guess we really don’t know how many EAs there are left based on this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125160

I think people got to switch order lists if they ordered another?

#13636 2 years ago

Those are the EAs like mine who bought a 2nd one and are still owed the first. An EA plaque was included for the 2nd purchase.

1 week later
#13637 2 years ago

I just pre-ordered on Cointaker. I know I'm a ways off from getting a game. I'll be stoked if I get one at all I guess! So I know very little about who's making these and the odds in them coming in. I don't even know if they come with a rug. Without that will my room tie together properly? Well here's hoping. At least with cointaker there's a good chance I'll get my loot back if the game never gets built.

I guess this is what happens when I lose focus during a boring zoom work meeting. Now I have 3 machines on pre-order. 2023 will be a fun year!

B

#13638 2 years ago

So have recent builds been relatively problem free? Have one of these on order as well as an Alien, and Alien seems to be an unending stream of minor issues…

#13639 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I just pre-ordered on Cointaker. ... I guess this is what happens when I lose focus during a boring zoom work meeting.

I'm just ahead of you by a couple days. No boring Zoom, just late night alcohol shopping.

#13640 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

So have recent builds been relatively problem free? Have one of these on order as well as an Alien, and Alien seems to be an unending stream of minor issues…

Nothing worse than what’s coming out of any manufacturer, in my experience. A few little tweaks out of the box and I’ve been good to go. The support from Rens (look up the Lebowski support thread), the community, and the company have been pretty awesome!

#13641 2 years ago

I am approaching my 6-month-anniversary of placing my order! Woo hoo… bring on next summer!

#13642 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am approaching my 6-month-anniversary of placing my order! Woo hoo… bring on next summer!

9 months here.

March is coming!

#13643 2 years ago

Had the opportunity to play TBL this weekend, what a nice game!
It looks stunning and has a very good layout of the playfield.

IMG_4607 (resized).JPGIMG_4607 (resized).JPG
#13644 2 years ago

Anyone receiving there TBLs?

Rensh are they still shipping or shutdown for the holidays? Thx

It’s been to quiet for the dude.

#13645 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anyone receiving there TBLs?
Rensh are they still shipping or shutdown for the holidays? Thx
It’s been to quiet for the dude.

Visiting the factory next Thursday so will see myself

As far as I know they are still producing but shipments are held till after Christmas when hopefully shipping expenses are reduced. This as I explained some time ago in post 13624.

#13646 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As far as I know they are still producing but shipments are held till after Christmas when hopefully shipping expenses are reduced. This as I explained some time ago in post 13624.

Ok cool.

#13647 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Makes sense! Happy Holidays !!

#13648 2 years ago

@rensh. I know it's been said before but without you giving updates I would never made the purchase. Your communications are the reason I felt confident enough to pull the trigger, and I'm stoked you keep helping us out.

Thanks man! Happy Holidays!

#13649 2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Anyone know what serial number the latest EA machine that's been sent out so far is? I am either number 79 or 97 (I forget), and I paid the full $8500 back in 2014/2015 and I was just curious where they are in the process of getting those shipped.

Thanks!
Brian

#13650 2 years ago

I think the last EA was #70. Brian I hope you get your's soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 22.50
$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/273?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.