(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,258 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TRAMD
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 306.
#13451 2 years ago

Melissa asked me to just send her an email stating I wanted the lit apron. I was not asked for any additional money. I’m expecting the cost to be added to my final invoice.

#13452 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did you get a sense that the lit apron needs to be prepaid at the time of initial deposit? Or is it something you can add on when CoinTaker contacts you to pay the balance (which I gather from the posts here is still being requested some months in advance of the games shipping)? And do you know if CoinTaker holds the $600 for the lit apron the same as the $1,000 deposit (so that DP doesn't get the money until the games ship, and you've got a shot at getting a full refund in the hopefully unlikely circumstance that DP runs into more business trouble somewhere down the line)?
Also, is US shipping included in the $12,500?

You don't need to prepay for the apron. I put my deposit in, then paid $12,100 for the balance with apron.

#13453 2 years ago

If you order the lit apron, do you also get the original apron with with the order? I like to have the option to switch back and forth if I wanted to. As you can tell I'm kinda on the fence about the lit apron because I also like the traditional look of pinball games with the instruction cards. But the lit apron is pretty cool.

#13454 2 years ago

My Big Lebowski came from CoinTaker with the lighted apron already installed from the factory and no you don't get the standard apron included with the game.

#13455 2 years ago

Listed a low play TBL with uninstalled light up apron in marketplace.

#13456 2 years ago

EA sn 69 is in a box

934E1477-C1E4-4A9A-A95B-5ABF174F3D56 (resized).jpeg934E1477-C1E4-4A9A-A95B-5ABF174F3D56 (resized).jpeg
#13457 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

EA sn 69 is in a box [quoted image]

I will trade my Godzilla LE for this! lol

#13458 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

EA sn 69 is in a box
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c045637e43786b3786b2775df9a0f94c7193b412-1632615306-1800"};
//]]>
[quoted image]

Where is it going?

#13459 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Where is it going?

Honestly speaking, No idea. Also not for me to answer, better ask CT if they are willing to share this info, it’s their customer after all.

#13460 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Honestly speaking, No idea. Also not for me to answer, better ask CT if they are willing to share this info, it’s their customer after all.

I should’ve been more general my question is it coming to the US or staying in Europe? Also how is production going at the factory? Are the parts issues starting to get resolved?

#13461 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

EA sn 69 is in a box [quoted image]

if it's in the box, it's not 69

#13462 2 years ago

Just received invoice. Paid 10/05. Really excited

#13463 2 years ago

Also received the invoice to pay in full. Deposit down 9/29/20.

#13464 2 years ago

We went from a calendar year to receive the game, to a calendar year to make full payment on the game.

I imagine it's the supply shortage that's holding things up.

#13465 2 years ago

Received invoice - deposit 10/28/21. I'm only 2 hours from CoinTaker so hopefully that speeds things along!

Now I guess we receive an email or call about it shipping?

Also curious if these are arriving on the latest code or if they need updating. Hopefully the whole proc issue thing that I tried to read and understand is cleaned up on these machines.

#13466 2 years ago

Anyone have the florescent plastic protector set vs the clear? I see CointTaker has clear and florescent listed, but the pics aren't really great at all. Imagine that clear is the way to go but curious if anyone has the florescent and if it works with the theme?

#13467 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Just received invoice. Paid 10/05. Really excited

Quoted from Vernisious:

Also received the invoice to pay in full. Deposit down 9/29/20.

Quoted from ezatnova:

Received invoice - deposit 10/28/21.

What are you hearing from CoinTaker on time to ship once full payment is made?

#13468 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nothing on my end yet. Just got the invoice yesterday and paid this morning, though.

#13469 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

We went from a calendar year to receive the game, to a calendar year to make full payment on the game.
I imagine it's the supply shortage that's holding things up.

I was supposedly on the waiting list since 11/2019, before Cointaker started taking TBL deposits. Still waiting. During my periodic check-ins, Melissa has told me either that it will be a couple more months or that I’m “definitely” in the next group. Then I start to see others who got in after me get their invoices and games and for me it’s crickets.

In my latest couple of inquiries, I’ve simply asked to know where I am on The List. No response. I have reminded her that I have not paid a deposit (as per the 2019 policy) but she has never told me that paying one now would speed things up. Frankly, given this run-around, I’m not looking to throw them deposit money.

I get there are supply chain issues, but the lack of transparency (and any response at all lately) is frustrating and unprofessional. I guess calling guarantees at least some response, but I feel like I’m less likely to be burned if I get info in writing. Not sure if I should keep persisting or just bail and move on.

#13470 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I was supposedly on the waiting list since 11/2019, before Cointaker started taking TBL deposits. Still waiting. During my periodic check-ins, Melissa has told me either that it will be a couple more months or that I’m “definitely” in the next group. Then I start to see others who got in after me get their invoices and games and for me it’s crickets.
In my latest couple of inquiries, I’ve simply asked to know where I am on The List. No response. I have reminded her that I have not paid a deposit (as per the 2019 policy) but she has never told me that paying one now would speed things up. Frankly, given this run-around, I’m not looking to throw them deposit money.
I get there are supply chain issues, but the lack of transparency (and any response at all lately) is frustrating and unprofessional. I guess calling guarantees at least some response, but I feel like I’m less likely to be burned if I get info in writing. Not sure if I should keep persisting or just bail and move on.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here: The demand for pinball has increased greatly over the last 18 months. I would assume they are swamped with orders, and the only thing that gets their attention anymore are those who have paid up. Perhaps if you reached out and say you are ready to pay a deposit to secure a game in the next shipment as promised, maybe they would get you the game.

I'm just spit-balling here. I want to you to get your game, and all orders help the EAs.

#13471 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

What you're experiencing is the norm from CT IMO when it comes to this TBL stuff anyway. Horrible communication and transparency. Doesn't matter if you're in the "before deposit required group" or not. In the end you will get a game though.

#13472 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

“Here's your invoice. BALANCE IS NOW DUE AS GAME WILL SHIP FROM THE NETHERLANDS WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS.
If you have any questions, please call or email.”

This is from my invoice

#13473 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

What you're experiencing is the norm from CT IMO when it comes to this TBL stuff anyway. Horrible communication and transparency. Doesn't matter if you're in the "before deposit required group" or not. In the end you will get a game though.

My experience as well. I'm confident that I won't be ripped off but other than that I don't believe anything I'm told from CT. I've seen dates come and go on two different pins I've paid for. Since April I've been told 'next week' every couple of months. It is what it is. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure it's hard but honesty and transparency would go a long way.

#13474 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I didn't even make it to the pre-order stage since they never got back to me when I emailed that I was ready to order and had a couple questions first. I was still going to try to deal with them to order one before the end of the year, but ended up finding a local one for sale, so I'm glad now they ignored me.

#13475 2 years ago

Phone calls seem to work better with CT, and they had some covid issues in their shop recently so giving them a little slack right now personally on another game I’m waiting on.

#13476 2 years ago

My email went unanswered with some questions I had prior to putting down a deposit. Over a week went by so I decided to do this the way The Dude would, I picked up the old telephono. No answer, so I left a message on the answering machine. The next day I received a call from lady friend Melissa (not my special lady friend). She answered my questions, apologized for not getting back to my email, that they’ve been a little short staffed and dealing with some Nihilist bombardment for Godzillas.

#13477 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

My email went unanswered with some questions I had prior to putting down a deposit. Over a week went by so I decided to do this the way The Dude would, I picked up the old telephono. No answer, so I left a message on the answering machine. The next day I received a call from lady friend Melissa (not my special lady friend). She answered my questions, apologized for not getting back to my email, that they’ve been a little short staffed and dealing with some Nihilist bombardment for Godzillas.

I'm not trying to go full blown Walter Sobchak on cointaker and draw a line in the sand. Its just that even The Dude showed up when asked by his landlord to make it to his dance recital. And The Dude is often heard saying, "what day is it?" You'd think when you are told Thursday your GnR will ship that it wouldn't be a month later and still nothing. Or TBL will ship in April and here we are 6 months later... To be honest, I didn't put much faith in the dates that were tossed out to me and I'm just trying to let others know not to expect anything fast. Add a month or year to whatever you are told... Calmer than you are dude

#13478 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I didn't put much faith in the dates that were tossed out to me and I'm just trying to let others know not to expect anything fast. Add a month or year to whatever you are told... Calmer than you are dude

VERNISIOUS: Uh, Dude, tomorrow's already the tenth.

COINTAKER: Far out.

#13479 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

VERNISIOUS: Uh, Dude, tomorrow's already the tenth.
COINTAKER: Far out.

Cointaker: just slip the $11,500 under the door

#13480 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

“Here's your invoice. BALANCE IS NOW DUE AS GAME WILL SHIP FROM THE NETHERLANDS WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS.
If you have any questions, please call or email.”
This is from my invoice

My invoice I received 4/26 said the game was shipping from Netherlands May 8. I received the game almost exactly a month later.
Just my personal experience.
Also, my ramps had some deep scratches upon arrival. I emailed DP saying I was willing to pay for new ramps if they would supply them. They’ve agreed to send me new ones free, although Im paying shipping. I was definitely happy with the customer service and their quick response.

#13481 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I'm not trying to go full blown Walter Sobchak on cointaker and draw a line in the sand. Its just that even The Dude showed up when asked by his landlord to make it to his dance recital. And The Dude is often heard saying, "what day is it?" You'd think when you are told Thursday your GnR will ship that it wouldn't be a month later and still nothing. Or TBL will ship in April and here we are 6 months later... To be honest, I didn't put much faith in the dates that were tossed out to me and I'm just trying to let others know not to expect anything fast. Add a month or year to whatever you are told... Calmer than you are dude

Maybe CT isn’t an Eagles fan….

#13482 2 years ago

I was just looking on Nitro pinball's site and they state ship time is only 1-2 months from preorder. Seems wildly optimistic? And yes I know they are for canada only and mine is on order with Cointaker. Just curious if the Canadians are getting them quickly.

NOW TAKING DEPOSITS FOR TBL. PRICE IS $12,500.00 USD + applicable taxes.

$1000.00 DUE NOW. BALANCE OF GAME DUE WHEN READY TO SHIP.

Ship time is approx 1-2 months based on current wait list.

US customers are required to place their orders via Cointaker.com

#13483 2 years ago

No way. Don't believe it mister. Plan for a year and if you get it in less time, bonus!

Quoted from cconway84:

I was just looking on Nitro pinball's site and they state ship time is only 1-2 months from preorder. Seems wildly optimistic? And yes I know they are for canada only and mine is on order with Cointaker. Just curious if the Canadians are getting them quickly.

#13484 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

It’s the exchange rate, two months in Canada is like a year in US time.

#13485 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

It’s the exchange rate, two months in Canada is like a year in US time.

I thought it was because it was listed in metric months?

#13486 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if it's in the box, it's not 69

I think this post was under appreciated. But perhaps it’s just my juvenile mind.

1 week later
#13487 2 years ago

So bottom line… if i drop a deposit at cointaker today, when can i expect that “yours is ready to ship” invoice?

#13488 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

So bottom line… if i drop a deposit at cointaker today, when can i expect that “yours is ready to ship” invoice?

11-12 months. I received mine 3 weeks after invoice, 1 year and a week after deposit.

#13489 2 years ago

Good to know…. $12k isn’t chump change… want one but need to keep that in mind!

#13490 2 years ago

So crazy seeing TBL FS ads asking $18,500 for a game you can still order at $12,500. Is $6,000 the new “have it now” price instead of waiting the 8-12 months?

#13491 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

So crazy seeing TBL FS ads asking $18,500 for a game you can still order at $12,500. Is $6,000 the new “have it now” price instead of waiting the 8-12 months?

It looks like that was a for sale or for trade add my guess is that he traded it for another game.

#13492 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

The wait is long with little communication, no idea where you stand in line, nothing. So I can see that being a major turn off. Besides that 12.5k for a TBL is definitely "cheap" these days for such an awesome pin, so I can also see people willing to pay more to grab it and have it in hand now. I mean look at these prices for used Stern LEs, CGC Refakes, and JJP. TBL at least you get something truly awesome, it's still the closest game to a modern WMS/Bally 90s classic IMO.

#13493 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I think the have it now price is ~15k for used and ~16k for new in box. Wait times are 1 year plus these days.

#13494 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Nothing on my end yet. Just got the invoice yesterday and paid this morning, though.

Did you happen to receive any updates regarding when you can expect your game?

#13495 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Did you happen to receive any updates regarding when you can expect your game?

Nothing yet… wish I’d hear something soon!

#13496 2 years ago

Anyone hearing what’s up at DP?
Are they shipping games still? Or what parts are causing them supply chain issues.

#13497 2 years ago

I’m sure I’ll get the call any day now.
https://c.tenor.com/fRcC6K4sPOYAAAAC/waiting-skeleton.gif

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13498 2 years ago

I made my deposit on 11-9-20, and I hoping to eventually see my TBL within the next couple months.

I was wondering if anyone has made a "necessary accessories" list that would be suggested or recommend for a new TBL owner. I'm not looking for a list of toys, but things TBL owners found they needed, or ended up ordering shortly after receiving their new machine.

For example, cabinet leg protectors, certain fuses, flipper parts, and any other items that you found you needed or wanted shortly after you got your machine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, mk

#13499 2 years ago

If anyone isn’t prepared to wait 12-15 months for TBL from the new warehouse I would suggest not putting a deposit down. I knew what I was getting into when I signed up. I’m 11/20 deposit so getting closer. Patience is key. Melissa from Cointaker has been great every time I reached out to her. Not sure why any negativity is directed towards her. They do the best they can and so does DP. Goosefrahbah!

#13500 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

If anyone isn’t prepared to wait 12-15 months for TBL from the new warehouse I would suggest not putting a deposit down. I knew what I was getting into when I signed up. I’m 11/20 deposit so getting closer. Patience is key. Melissa from Cointaker has been great every time I reached out to her. Not sure why any negativity is directed towards her. They do the best they can and so does DP. Goosefrahbah!

I’m approaching two years. Others have waited for much less time. That is the problem—not necessarily the wait but the lack of consistency and communication. I was just told I’m in the next batch—for the third time over the past year. We’ll see.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 15,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/270 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.