(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 306.
#13401 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I think the rug is no longer being offered
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8800a79b9b6d3512f1357753fa1da61869d2438d-1631219488-1800"};
//]]>

Where does this idea come from? Can state that this is not correct, eg the rug is still part of the package.

#13402 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Spelunk71 just saved you $12,451. Not bad.

Sorry, I reversed this idea so start saving again

#13403 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Thanks. A modest finder’s fee would be appreciated. PM me for my PayPal info.

#13404 2 years ago

Unboxed mine today. Some issues to work through, but game is playing and I'm happy my year long wait is done. Game is beautiful! Preorder and deposit paid September 2020, received today.

20210909_110300 (resized).jpg20210909_110300 (resized).jpg20210909_130738 (resized).jpg20210909_130738 (resized).jpg20210909_130809 (resized).jpg20210909_130809 (resized).jpg20210909_133156 (resized).jpg20210909_133156 (resized).jpg20210909_133159 (resized).jpg20210909_133159 (resized).jpg20210909_140326 (resized).jpg20210909_140326 (resized).jpg20210909_140856 (resized).jpg20210909_140856 (resized).jpg20210909_140859 (resized).jpg20210909_140859 (resized).jpg20210909_141211 (resized).jpg20210909_141211 (resized).jpg20210909_141408 (resized).jpg20210909_141408 (resized).jpg20210909_143539 (resized).jpg20210909_143539 (resized).jpg
#13405 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

$12,410 - need to get the large one

#13406 2 years ago

What the cost of the apron to be added?

#13407 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

What the cost of the apron to be added?

$600

#13408 2 years ago

I wonder who is getting EA#69 and what they want for it.. if your the lucky owner in waiting PM me, I have a case full of cash I will trade you for it.

208D6445-D2A2-4083-BDFA-32EBAE724AAC (resized).jpeg208D6445-D2A2-4083-BDFA-32EBAE724AAC (resized).jpeg

#13409 2 years ago

Played an EA at Clepin. That lighted apron is awesome. I’m not sure about $600 awesome but pretty damn cool. I pre ordered in November so hoping for good news soon. Congrats paulbaptiste !! I cannot wait for mine.

48F7D6AE-D214-4BA3-BDD7-9897B0568864 (resized).jpeg48F7D6AE-D214-4BA3-BDD7-9897B0568864 (resized).jpeg
#13410 2 years ago

So I show my wife the lighted apron and tell her the price. She says I would be highly disappointed in you if we spent $12k on a pin and you didn’t get that with it. Lol! Guess I’ll be emailing Melissa. The dude abides!

#13411 2 years ago

paulbaptiste You said you were working through a few issue. Could you share them with us?

#13412 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Played an EA at Clepin. That lighted apron is awesome. I’m not sure about $600 awesome but pretty damn cool. I pre ordered in November so hoping for good news soon. Congrats paulbaptise !! I cannot wait for mine.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Flash71:

So I show my wife the lighted apron and tell her the price. She says I would be highly disappointed in you if we spent $12k on a pin and you didn’t get that with it. Lol! Guess I’ll be emailing Melissa. The dude abides!

Quoted from Flash71:

paulbaptise You said you were working through a few issue. Could you share them with us?

Congrats on the approval for the apron! The difference between $11,500 and $12,100 balance seemed really small at the time of payment. Its a shit ton of money either way!

I will detail my issues as I work through them. I had a cut in my decals which is being rectified and some small cosmetic things. Overall I'm thrilled with my purchase.

#13413 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Congrats on the approval for the apron! The difference between $11,500 and $12,100 balance seemed really small at the time of payment. Its a shit ton of money either way!
I will detail my issues as I work through them. I had a cut in my decals which is being rectified and some small cosmetic things. Overall I'm thrilled with my purchase.

How bad was the cut in the decals and how are they going about making it right? Also when did you have to let Melissa know that you wanted the lighted apron, at the time of full payment?

#13414 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

wonder who is getting EA#69

That is Cointaker’s personal game. I know as I am right behind them at #70.

Call Melissa and Chris and see if they would be willing to sell theirs.

Good luck!
Ed

#13415 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Good luck!
Ed

Ed, Thanks and congratulations on finally being about to of get your game!

#13416 2 years ago

I wonder who is getting EA#69 and what they want for it.. if your the lucky owner in waiting PM me, I have a case full of cash I will trade you for it.
[quoted image]

Looks like a bag full of dirty underwear..

#13417 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Looks like a bag full of dirty underwear..

Your right dude!

#13418 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Good luck!
Ed

Has cointaker given any updates on when yours may be expected to ship? I hear DP not producing EAs for a couple months while they catch-up on regular orders that were delayed during parts shortage…would be curious to hear what feedback you’re getting.

#13419 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Has cointaker given any updates on when yours may be expected to ship?

I reached out to Barry at DP. He said they are not at the 3 to 1 ratio they said they would be producing at. This is due to part shortages…not sure why that only impacted EA games though! Since my last text with him, they did ship EA’s 66 and 68 so happy to see some progress. I hope that I will see mine before the end of the year but haven’t really heard any other updates / projections?

#13420 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I reached out to Barry at DP. He said they are not at the 3 ratio they said they would be producing at. This is due to part shortages…not sure why that only impacted EA games though! Since my last text with him, they did ship EA’s 66 and 68 so happy to see some progress. I hope that I will see mine before the end of the year but haven’t really heard any other updates / projections?

This is simple to explain.

Because of the parts issues DP can’t produce as many TBLs as planned.

However, a certain income is needed to keep the boat afloat as you can imagine and with the bigger plant and more people this minimum income is bigger as in the past. In normal times this would be no issue as the bigger plant doubles or even triples the prod capacity but you need parts to do so ……

So, first produce the min amount needed to stay out of the costs and keep the boat afloat and of the extras EAs can be made.

DP is doing everything they can to overcome part supply issues and I hope expect that more EA will ship soon.

#13421 2 years ago

Deposit placed September 10th. Pretty geeked to join the club.

A96C8C5C-A9A9-4204-BC1D-EF2AAF9E01D3 (resized).jpegA96C8C5C-A9A9-4204-BC1D-EF2AAF9E01D3 (resized).jpeg
#13422 2 years ago

Good call dude! It’s crazy when DP first upped their price to 12.5k I remember thinking the price was too high, but in this crazy Pinball Market TBL starting to seem like an excellent value for the money!

Quoted from toots:

Deposit placed September 10th. Pretty geeked to join the club.
[quoted image]

#13423 2 years ago

How long has it been now since the price went to 12,500? What was the last level?

#13424 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

How long has it been now since the price went to 12,500? What was the last level?

My EA was $8500 in the beginning then it went to $10,000 two years later. The game has been at $12,500 since it was brought back in 2019.
I have often wondered if they had just charged $10,000 for the game to begin with Barry likely would of had the cash he needed to pay ARA in the beginning and they may have never had to shut down... but we will never know.

#13425 2 years ago

Staying at 12.5k since 2019 is impressive given what has happened with inflation since then. I’d gladly pay 12.5 now vs 8.5 for a EA and dealing with the years of delays the EA buyers have dealt with. But hindsight is 20/20. Hopefully this post doesn’t haunt me in the future if my game is delayed.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13426 2 years ago

How bad was the cut in the decals and how are they going about making it right? Also when did you have to let Melissa know that you wanted the lighted apron, at the time of full payment?

I let Melissa know a few months out on the apron. Im being sent new decals from Cointaker. I have other minor marks from packaging, but this one was obviously an issue. Everyone has been very responsive (even on a Saturday) and I feel I am in good hands.

Couple technical things Im working through but nothing that interrupts gameplay. Im loving it so far!

20210909_201446 (resized).jpg20210909_201446 (resized).jpg
#13427 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I let Melissa know a few months out on the apron. Im being sent new decals from Cointaker. I have other minor marks from packaging, but this one was obviously an issue. Everyone has been very responsive (even on a Saturday) and I feel I am in good hands.
Couple technical things Im working through but nothing that interrupts gameplay. Im loving it so far!
[quoted image]

Dang that mark on the cabinet was so close to being covered by the leg! Anyways your in good hands with Barry and Melissa, they will make sure you get taken care of!

#13428 2 years ago

Dang that mark on the cabinet was so close to being covered by the leg! Anyways your in good hands with Barry and Melissa, they will make sure you get taken care of!

I know right, it’s right there, just outside the leg. I’m not worried at all. I enjoy this side of Lebowski ownership, even with a few issues, more than the preorder side! Having one in your home makes all the issues seem a bit small.

#13429 2 years ago

Well our TBL finally arrived......and we put it on location for all to enjoy!
Should you find yourself in Fargo North Dakota, stop by Drekker Brewing......it really ties their room together
2021-09-12 11.43.26 (resized).jpg2021-09-12 11.43.26 (resized).jpg

#13430 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You can rent an appliance dolly for $10/day from U-Haul or $20/day from Home Depot, if you don't want to purchase a dolly and then have it taking up space on all those days when you aren't moving pins up or down the basement steps.

Depending on where you live, you may also be able to rent a stair climbing dolly. I have a basement arcade, I rent a stair climbing dolly from a tool rental place for $60 for 4 hours. Way cheaper than buying an Escalara and I don't have to store one of those monsters in my garage.

#13431 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Where does this idea come from? Can state that this is not correct, eg the rug is still part of the package.

Thanks - I can't find the post, but I had read an earlier comment on this board that the rugs were thought to be out of print...folks were even referring to alternatives on Amazon that matched the original. Anyway, perhaps I misunderstood...glad to hear the rug is still included! that's very cool

#13432 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks - I can't find the post, but I had read an earlier comment on this board that the rugs were thought to be out of print...folks were even referring to alternatives on Amazon that matched the original. Anyway, perhaps I misunderstood...glad to hear the rug is still included! that's very cool

Visited the factory today and saw with my own eyes a full pallet of these rugs.

Perhaps the misunderstanding comes from the fact that current version is an fastly improved version? First version wears very fast.

#13433 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Visited the factory today and saw with my own eyes a full pallet of these rugs.
Perhaps the misunderstanding comes from the fact that current version is an fastly improved version? First version wears very fast.

Rensh once all the parts come in roughly what do you think production per week will go up to?

#13434 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I will pay $1 more than you are willing to pay for it.

#13435 2 years ago

Visited DP today and behind sn 69 there was not the name of Cointaker … perhap CT worked out a deal with the original buyer but the name was not CT

#13436 2 years ago

Rensh once all the parts come in roughly what do you think production per week will go up to?

If everything is in place and parts are there in right quality and quantity capacity is like 10+ per week.

#13437 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If everything is in place and parts are there in right quality and quantity capacity is like 10+ per week.

Wow that is impressive!

#13438 2 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Well our TBL finally arrived......and we put it on location for all to enjoy!
Should you find yourself in Fargo North Dakota, stop by Drekker Brewing......it really ties their room together
[quoted image]

On location! AWESOME! I plan on doing the same.

When did you put your deposit down?
When were you asked to pay in full?
Any issues out of the box?

#13439 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Visited DP today and behind sn 69 there was not the name of Cointaker … perhap CT worked out a deal with the original buyer but the name was not CT

CT said that # was sold - I asked!

#13440 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

CT said that # was sold - I asked!

I am stating nothing different, also on DP books it’s sold, just the name behind the serialnumber is not CT.

#13441 2 years ago

Long time listener, first time caller. I pulled the trigger ~today on a TBL with CoinTaker.

I've read, watched, played (https://pinballmap.com/bayarea?by_machine_id=2748) and spent way more hours than I'm willing to admit to on this pin. I have a long history of love for pinball. This is coupled with a love for the thematics of TBL. I'm excited to post to this thread (of which I've read the entirety of) for the first time. TL;DR: I'm patient and I'm not trying to flip my order. I'm just trying to tie this room together, man.

I called Melissa from CoinTaker earlier today, Mon Sep 13th, and asked about the possibility of a lit apron option with a preorder from DP. CoinTaker was apparently working this out with their website whereby you could request it -- a $1600 deposit vs the otherwise $1000 deposit to include the lit apron. She asked me to e-mail her as it was worked out today, and promised to check back soon (she did!).

I guess DP is shipping CT 20 machines per month now vs. the 10 they were previously doing? Anecdotal at best, but this is part of what I remembered from the convo when I was trying to figure out actual ETA.

At any rate: very shortly after my e-mail to Melissa, she worked it out on their website, e-mailed me, and I was able to place my pre-order online with what I was looking for. I think they had some issues figuring out the optionality of whatever ecommerce platform they're working with, but it should be a thing they'll get right in the future. Computers are hard, amirite?

Melissa at CoinTaker, as I've heard here many times before, and I can attest to, is amazing to talk to and work with. If she's any indication as to what the company values, I'm happy to work with these folks. As we've all been to some degree -- the pandemic and its costs have affected beyond just business. It's worth taking a grain of salt or two while we figure these things out. Sorry, that felt preachy, but hey, we're talking about the perpetuation of fun here!

I'm lurking ever still, and I'm happy to be able to type some words in to some form fields for the first time here with some relevance!

#13442 2 years ago
Quoted from Fnordberg:

Long time listener, first time caller. I pulled the trigger ~today on a TBL with CoinTaker.
I've read, watched, played (https://pinballmap.com/bayarea?by_machine_id=2748) and spent way more hours than I'm willing to admit to on this pin. I have a long history of love for pinball. This is coupled with a love for the thematics of TBL. I'm excited to post to this thread (of which I've read the entirety of) for the first time. TL;DR: I'm patient and I'm not trying to flip my order. I'm just trying to tie this room together, man.
I called Melissa from CoinTaker earlier today, Mon Sep 13th, and asked about the possibility of a lit apron option with a preorder from DP. CoinTaker was apparently working this out with their website whereby you could request it -- a $1600 deposit vs the otherwise $1000 deposit to include the lit apron. She asked me to e-mail her as it was worked out today, and promised to check back soon (she did!).
I guess DP is shipping CT 20 machines per month now vs. the 10 they were previously doing? Anecdotal at best, but this is part of what I remembered from the convo when I was trying to figure out actual ETA.
At any rate: very shortly after my e-mail to Melissa, she worked it out on their website, e-mailed me, and I was able to place my pre-order online with what I was looking for. I think they had some issues figuring out the optionality of whatever ecommerce platform they're working with, but it should be a thing they'll get right in the future. Computers are hard, amirite?
Melissa at CoinTaker, as I've heard here many times before, and I can attest to, is amazing to talk to and work with. If she's any indication as to what the company values, I'm happy to work with these folks. As we've all been to some degree -- the pandemic and its costs have affected beyond just business. It's worth taking a grain of salt or two while we figure these things out. Sorry, that felt preachy, but hey, we're talking about the perpetuation of fun here!
I'm lurking ever still, and I'm happy to be able to type some words in to some form fields for the first time here with some relevance!

Welcome to the club man. I have put my order in fairly recently as well. I do wish they would send out the game numbers like Spooky does. If they are getting 10 per month....and I know where I am in line, life would be just a little bit better.

#13443 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Welcome to the club man. I have put my order in fairly recently as well. I do wish they would send out the game numbers like Spooky does. If they are getting 10 per month....and I know where I am in line, life would be just a little bit better.

Thanks!

No doubt that you're right from the consumer perspective. I knew what I was getting in to. I think. I hope? Idunno.

I imagine it's pretty hard to "bolt on" something like that after the fact though. I've seen a trend of similar sentiment. It feels like something that would have either had the capacity to have been thought of during its inception or ... the forward leaning product we have now

Edit: Naivety

#13444 2 years ago
Quoted from Fnordberg:

Yeah, buddy! Welcome to the club AND the forums. You have two total posts both right here in this thread. Far out.

I appreciate the time spent and information given in this post. 20 per month, eh? I am pre-ordered in March of this year. I was originally told November was the earliest I'd expect a delivery, but I'm almost certain it will closer to a calendar year.

Welcome to the club, dude. I dig your style.

#13445 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Yeah, buddy! Welcome to the club AND the forums. You have two total posts both right here in this thread. Far out.
I appreciate the time spent and information given in this post. 20 per month, eh? I am pre-ordered in March of this year. I was originally told November was the earliest I'd expect a delivery, but I'm almost certain it will closer to a calendar year.
Welcome to the club, dude. I dig your style.

like_style (resized).jpeglike_style (resized).jpeg
#13446 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Rensh was that EA #69 in production or were you just looking at a list on paper?

#13447 2 years ago

Welcome @fnordberg. I’m also a fellow lurker who went out to the store for cream in my evening comfort wear and found myself at Cointaker dropping a deposit. This forum and the TBL owners club were super helpful. As I inhaled them with a Walter-sized appetite, a story began to emerge. It’s a story full of wild characters, absurd adventures, the joy of flashing lights and the despair of delays like dirty undies, a few Js done, lots of Rens and lots of fun. The story isn’t over yet, but I hope my little part leads to a well deserved unboxing for EAs and an opportunity to own a little bit of pinball history for myself. I wasn’t here at the beginning of this story, but I believe in Dutch Pinball. The use of financing to expand operations gives me hope. They could have found a way to get that money into their pockets and they chose to expand manufacturing infrastructure instead. Supply chains have been groaning under the strain of the pandemic for awhile and will continue to do so in the near and medium term. The most we can do is keep up hope, enjoy a tasty beverage and channel more Dude, less Walter. Catch you later on down the trail.

#13448 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Rensh was that EA #69 in production or were you just looking at a list on paper?

Not in production.

#13449 2 years ago
Quoted from Fnordberg:

Long time listener, first time caller. I pulled the trigger ~today on a TBL with CoinTaker.... I called Melissa from CoinTaker earlier today, Mon Sep 13th, and asked about the possibility of a lit apron option with a preorder from DP. CoinTaker was apparently working this out with their website whereby you could request it -- a $1600 deposit vs the otherwise $1000 deposit to include the lit apron.

Did you get a sense that the lit apron needs to be prepaid at the time of initial deposit? Or is it something you can add on when CoinTaker contacts you to pay the balance (which I gather from the posts here is still being requested some months in advance of the games shipping)? And do you know if CoinTaker holds the $600 for the lit apron the same as the $1,000 deposit (so that DP doesn't get the money until the games ship, and you've got a shot at getting a full refund in the hopefully unlikely circumstance that DP runs into more business trouble somewhere down the line)?

Also, is US shipping included in the $12,500?

#13450 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did you get a sense that the lit apron needs to be prepaid at the time of initial deposit? Or is it something you can add on when CoinTaker contacts you to pay the balance (which I gather from the posts here is still being requested some months in advance of the games shipping)? And do you know if CoinTaker holds the $600 for the lit apron the same as the $1,000 deposit (so that DP doesn't get the money until the games ship, and you've got a shot at getting a full refund in the hopefully unlikely circumstance that DP runs into more business trouble somewhere down the line)?
Also, is US shipping included in the $12,500?

When I asked a couple of months ago about the Lit Apron, Melissa advised that she marked my order but to remind her once closer to my order being shipped. I assume I'll just pay in full once its ready.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
15,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/269?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.