(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 306.
#13351 2 years ago

I didn't have to do much tweeking with mine either when I got it. and the 2 issues I have, doesn't effect me playing it currently, and they are working on those issues.

#13352 2 years ago

So cool to see folks getting their games. I must say the support at Dutch Pinball has been the best I have experieinced yet.

#13353 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to the led, pls sent mail to [email protected] mentioning your full adress and TBL serialnumber.
We will take it from there. Most likely a new pcb and flatcable will be shipped out.

You guys gotta stop being amazing or I'm gonna have to purchase every NIB game you make.

Seriously, are you guys following the Spooky model for customer satisfaction? Because themes like Halloween don't sell out in minutes unless something else about the company is amazing.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with dp.

#13354 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

How many Lebowski games have been made so far?

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they are at around 525 so far, as of right now.

This number is HIGHLY suspect if meant to be a total amount produced to date.

DP made and shipped approximately (50) original EA TBLs. They made an additional 45+/- EA games that were eventually sold to other buyers. They have now made an additional 15 +/- EA games (including mine).

Even with slight discrepancies in the above quantities, I find it hard to believe that they've now made anywhere close to 400 +/- non-EA TBLs.

#13355 2 years ago

why is it hard to believe. They have been making them for years. and they are running 2 lines.

#13356 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

DP made and shipped approximately (50) original EA TBLs. They made an additional 45+/- EA games that were eventually sold to other buyers. They have now made an additional 15 +/- EA games (including mine).

Assuming that 15 game number is roughly accurate, if we take a best case ratio of 3 “new money” TBLs per EA replacement, that would be an additional 45 games (for a total of 155). If we assume a more DP-friendly ratio of 10 to 1, that’d be an additional 150 games (for a total of 255). Any way you run the numbers it’s hard to see how they could have got anywhere close to 500.

All of which is to say it’s probably a mistake to assume the serial numbers are supposed to correlate to # of games produced.

#13357 2 years ago

You smell smoke

#13358 2 years ago

It's been stated before that the serial numbers aren't sequential and don't align with the number of games produced. I doubt there are more than around 250 TBLs out there. They have been produced in small batches since the first EAs to the tune of what seems like around 10-15 per month.

#13359 2 years ago

If I recall correctly ~54 original ARA games were built. The next 40 were held hostage.
I received one of the 40 ARA hostage games. (Barry took these 40 and opened the boxes took off the EA #s and assigned new serial numbers. Mine was 324 I believe.) I think he must have started the new numbers at 300 (maybe because of the numbers of EAs being less than 200). Ok let’s use 300 as stated.

So my math says to-date ~68 EAs (new ones added in) and (541-300= 241). 541 was last reported serial number.

Total 309 built. (68+241)
(Some people believe new ones started around 314 - so that would be 14 less).

FYI 220 on Pinside say they have in their collection. And believe it or not not all owners are on Pinside!

#13360 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If I recall correctly ~54 original ARA games were built. The next 40 were held hostage.
I received one of the 40 ARA hostage games. (Barry took these 40 and opened the boxes took off the EA #s and assigned new serial numbers. Mine was 324 I believe.) I think he must have started the new numbers at 300 (maybe because of the numbers of EAs being less than 200). Ok let’s use 300 as stated.
So my math says to-date ~68 EAs (new ones added in) and (541-300= 241). 541 was last reported serial number.
Total 309 built. (68+241)
(Some people believe new ones started around 314 - so that would be 14 less).
FYI 220 on Pinside say they have in their collection. And believe it or not not all owners are on Pinside!

Yea I believe the DP serial #’s also included other things like BOP 2.0 kits.

#13361 2 years ago

Thats very interesting. I would have thought there were many more out there.

#13362 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thats very interesting. I would have thought there were many more out there.

The first 100 or so were built, with the first 40ish being delivered and the rest held hostage for more money by the contract manufacturer. This lasted a few years until DP started producing them in house. It's been a trickle since, but they are getting it done, one pin at a time!

#13363 2 years ago

After 7 long years E.A.#66 has arrived safe in my game room in Texas....

It's a Cindarella story....

What a beautiful box of lights....
Build quality is amazing... very heavy game.

Just drinking beer and hanging out watching the light show is awesome.....

Unboxed it, dropped in the balls and flipped it till midnight... My buddies were Blown Out...
It's wayyyyy cool...

Was it worth the wait??
Yes.....

Do I wish I left it in the box and sold for a big profit??
No.....

Big thanks to Barry for not giving up....
Cointaker for listening to all the complaints....
And Rensh for his support and quick responses...

Far Out Man.... got my Lewbowski

20210831_194053 (resized).jpg20210831_194053 (resized).jpg20210901_003436 (resized).jpg20210901_003436 (resized).jpg
#13364 2 years ago
20210830_140944 (resized).jpg20210830_140944 (resized).jpg20210830_141857 (resized).jpg20210830_141857 (resized).jpg20210830_145500 (resized).jpg20210830_145500 (resized).jpg
#13365 2 years ago
20210830_153720 (resized).jpg20210830_153720 (resized).jpg20210830_174101 (resized).jpg20210830_174101 (resized).jpg20210830_174454 (resized).jpg20210830_174454 (resized).jpg
#13366 2 years ago
20210830_194505 (resized).jpg20210830_194505 (resized).jpg20210901_003427 (resized).jpg20210901_003427 (resized).jpg20210901_003449 (resized).jpg20210901_003449 (resized).jpg
#13367 2 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

After 7 long years E.A.#66 has arrived safe in my game room in Texas....
It's a Cindarella story....
What a beautiful box of lights....
Build quality is amazing... very heavy game.
Just drinking beer and hanging out watching the light show is awesome.....
Unboxed it, dropped in the balls and flipped it till midnight... My buddies were Blown Out...
It's wayyyyy cool...
Was it worth the wait??
Yes.....
Do I wish I left it in the box and sold for a big profit??
No.....
Big thanks to Barry for not giving up....
Cointaker for listening to all the complaints....
And Rensh for his support and quick responses...
Far Out Man.... got my Lewbowski
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice game room! More impressed with that than your TBL (but congrats nonetheless).

#13368 2 years ago

Happy to see you got your game! Hope you enjoy it for years to come!!

#13369 2 years ago

I posted this on the wrong thread:
Just an FYI on my original EA game I noticed that in the area circled in blue by the right ramp entrance in this photo behind the stand up target that the ball was hitting the metal ball guide. Apparently the target was bottoming on hard hits allowing the metal rail to be hit by the ball and overtime it had actually mushroomed the end of the metal rail from the ball strikes and it was causing damage to the ball as well. I had made a temporary piece to protect area until I could figure out a more permanent solution. Might want to check your games to see if the same thing is happening on your machines.

CCE641FD-31E8-4C3C-9CDC-E1CF2F0484D5 (resized).jpegCCE641FD-31E8-4C3C-9CDC-E1CF2F0484D5 (resized).jpeg

#13370 2 years ago

mine hasn't mushroomed out, but i have the updated standups. How is the donny exit, with that thick rubber on there now? I may ad that on purpose just to kick the ball over to the left to stop cheap drains

#13371 2 years ago

Got an update for an expected wait time of another 60 days.. roughly about 60 days ago I was told 60 days lol So not much surprise there.

#13372 2 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lubbock Texas!!!

My kids go to school there. If I didn’t already have a TBL I would buy you some beers to play. Hell i would do it anyhow

Is the pinball bar back open again?

#13373 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Nice game room! More impressed with that than your TBL (but congrats nonetheless).

Thanks.... I got way more Arcade games than I do pins.... I got junk all over the place too.

Lewbowski will go in a room attached to shop that has all my pins and more Arcade games...
I just got to move some games around...

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Happy to see you got your game! Hope you enjoy it for years to come!!

Thanks... I am enjoying it!!! It's a well made fun game.... Everyone that sees it is highly impressed....

#13374 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lubbock Texas!!!
My kids go to school there. If I didn’t already have a TBL I would buy you some beers to play. Hell i would do it anyhow
Is the pinball bar back open again?

Yup.... Lubbock, born and raised.

Your welcome to check it out sometime....
I looked at your collection.... thats a lot of Pins!!!

Flippers is rolling again....

#13375 2 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

Yup.... Lubbock, born and raised.
Your welcome to check it out sometime....
I looked at your collection.... thats a lot of Pins!!!
Flippers is rolling again....

Great to hear about Flippers! I’ll be up there first weekend in October, will head back over there and check it out

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13376 2 years ago

Hey everyone. New guy to the forum so forgive my stupid question. I put my deposit down last November. Supposedly my TBL should arrive in roughly 2 months. This will be my first pin and I'm super excited. I spent way too much time playing mediocre games in 7-11s in northern california as a kid, so having my own is something of a dream. @Junkhauler, thank you for the pics. They did have me wondering how I should plan to move the pin down a flight of stairs into my finished basement. It's heavy obviously; how many guys should I have to help carry it down a flight of stairs? Thank you all any advice or suggestions.

#13377 2 years ago
Quoted from mjf415:

Hey everyone. New guy to the forum so forgive my stupid question. I put my deposit down last November. Supposedly my TBL should arrive in roughly 2 months. This will be my first pin and I'm super excited. I spent way too much time playing mediocre games in 7-11s in northern california as a kid, so having my own is something of a dream. Junkhauler, thank you for the pics. They did have me wondering how I should plan to move the pin down a flight of stairs into my finished basement. It's heavy obviously; how many guys should I have to help carry it down a flight of stairs? Thank you all any advice or suggestions.

There are not stupid questions, only stupid people asking no questions.

It’s a minimum of 2 for sure. Most of the times more people are just blocking the way but it al depends on the stairs. You could also consider to take the head off. Are only a few cables running to the head. It will make it lighter plus easier to handle.

#13378 2 years ago
Quoted from mjf415:

Hey everyone. New guy to the forum so forgive my stupid question. I put my deposit down last November. Supposedly my TBL should arrive in roughly 2 months. This will be my first pin and I'm super excited. I spent way too much time playing mediocre games in 7-11s in northern california as a kid, so having my own is something of a dream. Junkhauler, thank you for the pics. They did have me wondering how I should plan to move the pin down a flight of stairs into my finished basement. It's heavy obviously; how many guys should I have to help carry it down a flight of stairs? Thank you all any advice or suggestions.

If the stairway is wide enough, I would leave it in the box and move it down the stairs as-is. Put two guys at the bottom of the game since it will easily slide down the stairs, one at the top to keep it from going cock-eyed, and just ease it all the way down.

If the stairs are not wide enough (probably this), I would take the game out and strap it to a furniture dolly. You need one less guy at the base of the game since it won't be sliding but walking down the steps one at a time, but two people at the base of the game while you go down is always better.

If you've never unboxed a NIB game before, you should watch a few youtube videos first, especially TBL unboxing so you know what it looks like and what to expect. Take several pictures of the process and post it all here. We want to see!

#13379 2 years ago
Quoted from mjf415:

Purchase an Escalera https://www.amazon.com/StairCat%C2%AE-Stair-Climbing-Hand-Truck/dp/B00JW3YOI0

Yeah they're expensive but once you get one machine you will want more so might as well get yourself setup to haul more machines down the steps. I have heard more people getting seriously hurt from hauling machines so whatever you decide to do ...... be careful!

#13380 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

If the stairway is wide enough, I would leave it in the box and move it down the stairs as-is. Put two guys at the bottom of the game since it will easily slide down the stairs, one at the top to keep it from going cock-eyed, and just ease it all the way down.
If the stairs are not wide enough (probably this), I would take the game out and strap it to a furniture dolly. You need one less guy at the base of the game since it won't be sliding but walking down the steps one at a time, but two people at the base of the game while you go down is always better.
If you've never unboxed a NIB game before, you should watch a few youtube videos first, especially TBL unboxing so you know what it looks like and what to expect. Take several pictures of the process and post it all here. We want to see!

Appliance dolly over furniture dolly, they are designed for heavier items and have conveyors on the back for staircase use.

#13381 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Purchase an Escalera amazon.com link »
Yeah they're expensive but once you get one machine you will want more so might as well get yourself setup to haul more machines down the steps. I have heard more people getting seriously hurt from hauling machines so whatever you decide to do ...... be careful!

he doesn't need an escalera if it's his only pin. Kind of waste of money. Find a veteran collector in your area, they will know the tricks to get it where you want. Escaleras are for people that have money to blow, and move a lot of games on a regular basis.

#13382 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Appliance dolly over furniture dolly, they are designed for heavier items and have conveyors on the back for staircase use.

This is the one I have

appliance hand truck (resized).pngappliance hand truck (resized).png
#13383 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

You can rent an appliance dolly for $10/day from U-Haul or $20/day from Home Depot, if you don't want to purchase a dolly and then have it taking up space on all those days when you aren't moving pins up or down the basement steps.

#13384 2 years ago

well if you are just going down, I'd say just slide it down the stairs, no dolly required.....remove the head as others have posted, will make it easier....Now if you have to go back up, well then you need a dolly of sorts...

#13385 2 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

well if you are just going down, I'd say just slide it down the stairs, no dolly required.....remove the head as others have posted, will make it easier....Now if you have to go back up, well then you need a dolly of sorts...

I'd be a little worried about damaging the cabinet and/or the stairs with the "slide down" method. (Unless you meant to slide it down inside the box, in which case the game cabinet at least would be protected from damage).

#13386 2 years ago

If this is your first pin don’t take the head off. With a couple strong friends you don’t need to lighten the load that much and it’s more work than it is worth.

If the game fits down your stairs in the box - leave it in the box and have two friends help you move it slowly down. A dolly would help but not required for 3 strong people. Have some beer and pizza waiting at the bottom as motivation. Only remove from box if game doesn’t otherwise fit down stairs.

Keep it simple and take it slow. After you move one or two of these things you learn how to do it with only one helper and some people can move them alone (with or without an escalera)!

Be safe - good luck!

#13387 2 years ago

Glad I asked; this is all really helpful. Thanks everyone. I've got a dolly so that's a start. I'll watch some youtube's; that didn't occur to me. I hope to post some pics in a few weeks. Appreciate the help!

#13388 2 years ago

I like using a appliance dolly. First I shrink wrap a couple moving blankets around my pinball machine then strap it to the dolly, then I'll shrink wrap the pinball to my appliance dolly for extra measures. Going down the steps is always easier then pulling a pinball up the steps.Good Luck

#13389 2 years ago

Just make sure you don’t use these dolly’s over Carpet as they tend to mark them up.

#13390 2 years ago

I'm in on a TBL preorder with Cointaker today. Also ordered the topper, game blades, and a spare plastics set. I'll be letting Melissa know I want the lighted apron included with my game. Anything else I should order with my game? Spare rug decal or mechanism? Other parts good to have from DP?

#13391 2 years ago

I think the rug is no longer being offered

#13392 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I'm in on a TBL preorder with Cointaker today. Also ordered the topper, game blades, and a spare plastics set. I'll be letting Melissa know I want the lighted apron included with my game. Anything else I should order with my game? Spare rug decal or mechanism? Other parts good to have from DP?

Can you select the lighted apron as an option when you order the game now, or do you just let Melissa know you want it when she asks for balance of funds?

#13393 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Did Cointaker give you any sort of ETA on your preorder? Is it "around a year"? I was ready to pre-order a while back and emailed them to ask if they were going to cut-off taking orders at some point and what the rough timeline was and got no response.

#13394 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I think the rug is no longer being offered

NOOOOO

#13395 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Did Cointaker give you any sort of ETA on your preorder? Is it "around a year"? I was ready to pre-order a while back and emailed them to ask if they were going to cut-off taking orders at some point and what the rough timeline was and got no response.

Keep emailing. I think Melissa gets a bit swamped with the number of emails she gets but most times she will respond.

#13396 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Keep emailing. I think Melissa gets a bit swamped with the number of emails she gets but most times she will respond.

I think I'm out at this point. I really just wanted the rug.

#13398 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I just emailed her for a eta along with my request for a lighted apron and extra rug decal. I’ll probably get a doobie and Hollywood bowl from cpr9999 in a few months. But I really want the rotating bowl mod. Hope it’s out by then.

#13399 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I just emailed her for a eta along with my request for a lighted apron and extra rug decal. I’ll probably get a doobie and Hollywood bowl from cpr9999 in a few months. But I really want the rotating bowl mod. Hope it’s out by then.

you definitely want the MOD Couple bowling balls and the coffee can spotlight shroud too...must haves!! OH and the ramp clamp from CPR9999.

#13400 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Spelunk71 just saved you $12,451. Not bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/268?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.