(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 306.
#13301 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

SOLUTION?: I wonder if they could give EAs an option, especially those 100+ range to pay the difference (12500 - 8500, so pay $4000) and get your game asap.
Maybe dp could throw in a little extra for these people too. Alternate translite? Topper? Something extra as a "meeting you halfway" type of thing.

I know where your heart is, but you need to sit on the 6-year train that EAs have been riding on.
In all fairness, it's the EAs who bootstrapped the project.
The goal posts were moved multiple times. Making EAs cough up additional funds is complete removal of said goal posts. What other company advertises an expensive licensed product, takes 6+ years to deliver it, and then demands for more money on top of the initial investment? ​
An EA could've invested their $8,500 in Tesla stock in Spring 2015 and been up somewhere around $140,000 in profit right now. Let that sink in.
No more money from EAs. They've been through enough.

#13302 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Why did they Skip #67???
And when is the long awaited 69 Dude???

Not all numbers are taken anymore. Remember when Phil did the refund? Not everybody re-entered so there are gaps.

69 is next. That’s one serial number I would like to have

#13303 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You certainly deserve it.

#13304 2 years ago

Why did they Skip #67???

I believe 67 backed out a long time ago and received a refund

#13305 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Not all numbers are taken anymore. Remember when Phil did the refund? Not everybody re-entered so there are gaps.

Did Phil ever get the credit he deserved for refunding en masse the US orders (unsolicited) when he felt something hinky was going on? Those were lucky Dudes that stayed out.

#13306 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

E9F80399-C1B4-47C1-8811-68C20A4B49C4 (resized).pngE9F80399-C1B4-47C1-8811-68C20A4B49C4 (resized).png
#13307 2 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

Did Phil ever get the credit he deserved for refunding en masse the US orders (unsolicited) when he felt something hinky was going on? Those were lucky Dudes that stayed out.

Phil rules & I’m happy to consider him a friend. I wish he had refund-bombed me though lol

#13308 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I know where your heart is, but you need to sit on the 6-year train that EAs have been riding on.
In all fairness, it's the EAs who bootstrapped the project.
The goal posts were moved multiple times. Making EAs cough up additional funds is complete removal of said goal posts. What other company advertises an expensive licensed product, takes 6+ years to deliver it, and then demands for more money on top of the initial investment? ​
An EA could've invested their $8,500 in Tesla stock in Spring 2015 and been up somewhere around $140,000 in profit right now. Let that sink in.
No more money from EAs. They've been through enough.

Yeah totally agree, I was spitballing an option, not a mandatory thing. Just a way to help stop the wait that EAs have had to endure. The only other option I can think of is to continue waiting. I'm not too confident that there's enough money to help all EAs get their game after realizing that maybe 100 more need to be made. Seems kind of far-fetched.

I dunno. Makes me sad to think about it either way.

#13309 2 years ago

My E.A.#66 has arrived at cointaker.... its heading to Texas tomorrow......

Trying to remain calm.......

#13310 2 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

Yes ... and no (on being lucky). It sucked waiting 6+ years in limbo for my TBL, but it worked out in the end and I feel very fortunate to be able to own and play one now.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Yeah totally agree, I was spitballing an option, not a mandatory thing. Just a way to help stop the wait that EAs have had to endure. The only other option I can think of is to continue waiting. I'm not too confident that there's enough money to help all EAs get their game after realizing that maybe 100 more need to be made. Seems kind of far-fetched.
I dunno. Makes me sad to think about it either way.

FWIW:

In 2019 or so, EA's were given the opportunity to pay full price ($12,500) for a 2nd game and move to the front of the line for its production. The original ordered (EA) game would be built/delivered when it eventually came up (based on EA game production pace).

I quickly passed on this offer - for various reasons, but mainly because I was so close to the front of the EA line at the time. A few EA's did take DP up on this though and currently own a TBL at a total investment cost of $21K with an IOU for a free second one yet to eventually come.

#13311 2 years ago

Rensh. Any word from Soulrider if the Proc board he received fixed his ticking issue? Tim

#13312 2 years ago

I just read his email at breakfast telling that Proc didn’t solve it unfortunately with his findings.

Will have to study it first, forwarded it to the people in the factory to be able to decide next step.

Did you check the doc I sent you? If yes, your findings per mail pls.

#13313 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Would love an updated list to see where the EA's are at Rensh? Noting which numbers are no longer valid going forward would also help to make a few calcs to see how long we have to wait if we are back to one in three? Was suppose to be this summer for me however the snails pace for EA's has obviously blown that one out the door! This game with new code and code to follow is now one of my favs and hope Barry will keep designing as this is one of the best layouts in years!

#13314 2 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

My E.A.#66 has arrived at cointaker.... its heading to Texas tomorrow......
Trying to remain calm.......

Please be sure to let the board know if you have any of the Proc board issues that have been occurring on the recent shipments!

#13315 2 years ago

So, first want to thank Rensh for being so helpful in this process. My game still has no 48v to the playfield but the clicking is gone. I have tried a replacement PROC, and in my case, the issues persist.

However, I did discover something last night and I have a suspicion has damaged something else in my game (my fault) resulting in the 48v not working.

I had installed the lit apron (this was in a state when my game was having the clicking issue). In the process of running the ribbon cable and zip ties to secure it, I removed a few connectors one of which being the kickback DR05 coil connector. Well... I had installed the connector backward (:. I remember after installing the apron and turning the game on I did some coil tests, and that is when the whole 48v went bye-bye. The connector is now oriented correctly but the situation did not improve as a reslut. SO I am thinking it caused some damage somewhere... resistor, circuit etc..?
Screen-Shot-2021-08-25-at-2.37.45-PM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2021-08-25-at-2.37.45-PM (resized).png

#13316 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

So, first want to thank Rensh for being so helpful in this process. My game still has no 48v to the playfield but the clicking is gone. I have tried a replacement PROC, and in my case, the issues persist.
However, I did discover something last night and I have a suspicion has damaged something else in my game (my fault) resulting in the 48v not working.
I had installed the lit apron (this was in a state when my game was having the clicking issue). In the process of running the ribbon cable and zip ties to secure it, I removed a few connectors one of which being the kickback DR05 coil connector. Well... I had installed the connector backward (:. I remember after installing the apron and turning the game on I did some coil tests, and that is when the whole 48v went bye-bye. The connector is now oriented correctly but the situation did not improve as a reslut. SO I am thinking it caused some damage somewhere... resistor, circuit etc..?
[quoted image]

Did you check the fuses?

#13317 2 years ago

Happy to report: I got word from Melissa today; my shipment is en route from PA as well. Paid deposit June 6, 2020.

To help with timeline/planning, I somehow missed the invoice notice in late April. Could have been in the last shipment, but: can’t wait to add to the lineup on Monday.

#13318 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Did you check the fuses?

No answer from you yet but I checked and reversing the connector shouldn’t have caused a problem.

Pls also try to keep technical issue restricted to the Maintenance thread. Posting in several threads makes it to difficult for me to keep track, sorry.

#13319 2 years ago

Hey Rensh so sorry this was an accidental post her, i meant to post in the other topic.

#13320 2 years ago

disconnecting the black wire from the power supply did NOT stop the clicking on my game. (remember to close your coin door before turning on) to see if it worked.

#13321 2 years ago

Rensh Soulrider and Jukeboxtim we both want to know if there is a certain place we need to go to register our games or are they already registered with DP since we have brought to your attention the clicking issues. Also where in the menu do you go to find the error codes.Thanks Tim

#13322 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

Rensh Soulrider and Jukeboxtim we both want to know if there is a certain place we need to go to register our games or are they already registered with DP since we have brought to your attention the clicking issues. Also where in the menu do you go to find the error codes.Thanks Tim

Your serialnumber and name are connected already by me so don’t think it’s required anymore (I don’t do the registration part)

Than the error codes? Which one do you mean? In the beta 056 manual there is a description in the error report of this is what you are looking for. See https://www.dropbox.com/s/81dv566sc5dbdyh/Operations%20Manual%20TBL%20versie%20056%20-%20beta.pdf?dl=0

#13323 2 years ago

My game is supposed to be shipping on Wednesday! Will update when it arrives. Deposit paid September 1st, 2020.

#13324 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No answer from you yet but I checked and reversing the connector shouldn’t have caused a problem.
Pls also try to keep technical issue restricted to the Maintenance thread. Posting in several threads makes it to difficult for me to keep track, sorry.

Could you please provide a link to the “maintenance thread”? Not finding it under search…

#13325 2 years ago

Could you please provide a link to the “maintenance thread”? Not finding it under search…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

Thanks,
Jeff

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13326 2 years ago

Hi,
We just receivers our TBL.
I was wondering since I have checked all cables/opto flipper boards. Also check through all indexes.

Anyone have a fix for the really weak flippers?
The right one mostly.
But some strange weakness on left also.

Thanks for any help.

#13327 2 years ago

I put down a deposit this week. Nervous and excited at the same time. Totally out of my element.

#13328 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hi,
Anyone have a fix for the really weak flippers?
The right one mostly.
But some strange weakness on left also.
Thanks for any help.

Check to see if you have a mechanical (or electrical) issue first. If not, you can adjust the flipper coil strengths in the adjustments menu.

#13329 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Check to see if you have a mechanical (or electrical) issue first. If not, you can adjust the flipper coil strengths in the adjustments menu.

We have already tried adjusting strength in menu. Still weak on right side, when applied pressure or when catching ball it drops

#13330 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

We have already tried adjusting strength in menu. Still weak on right side, when applied pressure or when catching ball it drops

Sounds like the hold isn’t working. It the setting on Strong?

C92A2A23-5709-4990-913A-2B93B9B550C0 (resized).jpegC92A2A23-5709-4990-913A-2B93B9B550C0 (resized).jpeg
#13331 2 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

I put down a deposit this week. Nervous and excited at the same time. Totally out of my element.

You are a nut. What do you mean by out of your element?

#13332 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sounds like the hold isn’t working. It the setting on Strong?
[quoted image]

Hey Rensh
Yes flippers set on strong hold,
30ms and tested 20ms on flippers.
Right is dropping when putting a bit of pressure. Would even say in gameplay its unplayable on the right side.
Left work most of the time but sometimes also goes a bit weak but thats fine.

But right is beyong working so to speak. Tried all from pinside.

Thanks beforehand

#13333 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hey Rensh
Right is dropping when putting a bit of pressure. Would even say in gameplay its unplayable on the right side.
Thanks beforehand

Miswire on flippers?

#13334 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Miswire on flippers?

They are ”made” the same on right and left.

#13335 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hey Rensh
Thanks beforehand

Could be a broken wire on or to the coil perhaps. Can you swap the left and right connectors on the pcb? So left button operates right flipper and vice versa? If the problem moves check wiring on continuity.

And pls try to keep technical issues restricted to this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/15#post-6455138

#13336 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Could be a broken wire on or to the coil perhaps. Can you swap the left and right connectors on the pcb? So left button operates right flipper and vice versa? If the problem moves check wiring on continuity.
And pls try to keep technical issues restricted to this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/15#post-6455138

Will check!
Thanks for the help, didnt know which thread to post in sorry.

#13337 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

They are ”made” the same on right and left.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Miswire on flippers?

What did you find?

#13338 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What did you find?

You clearly see that the wires are not crimped properly on one flipper. See description on PCB versus the colors of the wires.

His first statement that they were made same left right was a wrong one, human mistake.

#13339 2 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

Hey Donnie! As long as you’re patient, I think you’ll be really happy when you get your game. It’s a long wait, but it’s definitely worth it. Beautiful and fun game.

#13340 2 years ago

How many Lebowski games have been made so far?

#13341 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

If you check back through this thread, CPR9999 has made some seemingly accurate projections. Along with the best tbl mods of all time

#13342 2 years ago

Dude - no one knows for sure. If you find out from DP, please let us all know.

All other estimates are speculative. At best.

#13343 2 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Hey Donnie! As long as you’re patient, I think you’ll be really happy when you get your game. It’s a long wait, but it’s definitely worth it. Beautiful and fun game.

By the time I get this game my whole lineup will have changed, hopefully. BTTF, cactus canyon, and at the end of it all “the dude”

#13344 2 years ago

they are at around 525 so far, as of right now.

#13345 2 years ago

TBL arrived today! Deposit paid July 2020.
Game playing perfectly out of the box. Only issue is a dark LED on the optional apron upgrade (the right-most purple star). @rensh: lmk if there is some trouble shooting I can do for the apron LED.

LOVE the sights, sounds, assets, and most importantly gameplay. Totally worth the wait.

A20B0265-8D67-4859-A183-396AE82B3B9F (resized).jpegA20B0265-8D67-4859-A183-396AE82B3B9F (resized).jpegBA15E52E-F454-4C0F-A60D-C133EFF0806C (resized).jpegBA15E52E-F454-4C0F-A60D-C133EFF0806C (resized).jpegD2CBEBB4-7BD0-48EA-9E38-2ABD97FE373C (resized).jpegD2CBEBB4-7BD0-48EA-9E38-2ABD97FE373C (resized).jpegDBFC431A-514C-472E-A60B-844297F18730 (resized).jpegDBFC431A-514C-472E-A60B-844297F18730 (resized).jpeg
#13346 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

TBL arrived today! Deposit paid July 2020.
Game playing perfectly out of the box. Only issue is a dark LED on the optional apron upgrade (the right-most purple star). Rensh: lmk if there is some trouble shooting I can do for the apron LED.
LOVE the sights, sounds, assets, and most importantly gameplay. Totally worth the wait.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can we ask on the back of backbox what is your 3 digit serial number? I hear they are above 540.
Which means they are making them faster now.

#13347 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can we ask on the back of backbox what is your 3 digit serial number? I hear they are above 540.
Which means they are making them faster now.

Your sources are correct. Mine is 541.

#13348 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Your sources are correct. Mine is 541.

So no issues at all?? You didn’t even have to dial it in?? That’s great news!

#13349 2 years ago

My 4th NIB. And the first one that was basically plug and play (besides one light being out on the apron). Haven’t spent too much time with it; of course still a chance I’ll find some minor tweaks required. But considering this came from overseas (and I wasn’t sure what to expect from Dutch build quality/QC) I’m more than pleasantly surprised.

night and day difference from say WOZ, where I was disassembling the upper playfield to fix a castle door on Day 1.

#13350 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

My 4th NIB. And the first one that was basically plug and play (besides one light being out on the apron). Haven’t spent too much time with it; of course still a chance I’ll find some minor tweaks required. But considering this came from overseas (and I wasn’t sure what to expect from Dutch build quality/QC) I’m more than pleasantly surprised.
night and day difference from say WOZ, where I was disassembling the upper playfield to fix a castle door on Day 1.

In regard to the led, pls sent mail to [email protected] mentioning your full adress and TBL serialnumber.

We will take it from there. Most likely a new pcb and flatcable will be shipped out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/267?hl=paulbaptise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.