(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 306.
#13251 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

It's a good question - when I asked Cointaker in April of this year Melissa advised "most likely thru this year and then it’s questionable."

“Questionable” on new orders in 2022 doesn’t sound great - DP still has a long ways to go to make all the OG preorders whole, and they need to keep selling games to make that happen.

#13252 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

“Questionable” on new orders in 2022 doesn’t sound great - DP still has a long ways to go to make all the OG preorders whole, and they need to keep selling games to make that happen.

When you say OG pre-orders, not sure what you mean? Original purchasers back in 2014 (or whenever the first run was done?) I know of folks in this thread who ordered between 2 to 1 year ago and their orders have been fulfilled.

If I were to guess, I think the response may be more to do with how long they will be manufactured, due to licensing.

#13253 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

When you say OG pre-orders, not sure what you mean?

Sorry, right, I meant original purchasers from 5+ years back. I’m not under the impression those will all be covered anytime soon, and unless there’s been a change in the finances they will still require 3 new sales per original purchaser.

#13254 2 years ago

That will never happen.

Quoted from fosaisu:

#13255 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is it known how long the order banks will be opened on TBL orders? Is there a set date a deposit needs to be made by before no more orders are accepted?

I was told that the license extended beyond 500. I placed an order about 2 weeks ago.

#13256 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I was told that the license extended beyond 500. I placed an order about 2 weeks ago.

They will keep making them if we keep ordering them. Licensing can be worked out - it has many times already.

#13257 2 years ago

License is extended till end 2022 and even if orderbanks were to be closed backlog reaches (far) into 2022. TBL is in strong demand.

#13258 2 years ago

Spoke with Melissa at Allentown. She felt confident I’ll be in the second to next batch coming over. I ordered with deposit November 2020. Basically a year turnaround at this point. I know this is only an estimate and things change but it’s encouraging for sure. Hopefully theres no more parts or shipping delays.

#13259 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Spoke with Melissa at Allentown. She felt confident I’ll be in the second to next batch coming over. I ordered with deposit November 2020. Basically a year turnaround at this point. I know this is only an estimate and things change but it’s encouraging for sure. Hopefully theres no more parts or shipping delays.

I'm in your boat having paid my deposit in early November of last year. Hope that is true

#13260 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

My deposit was October 2020. Spoke with her there yesterday and got the “should be 60 days” answer. We shall see.

#13261 2 years ago

I should be in the same batch, deposit end of November.

1 week later
#13262 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That will never happen.

I do not agree with this.

#13263 2 years ago

New code Dudes!

Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

We are happy to release code update 0.56 for The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!
This update focuses on bugfixes, audits and various small improvements.
Download / changelog:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software
Special thanks to timlah79 who did a lot of bug hunting, suggestions and testing!
After the last few important game improving updates (0.54, 0.55, 0.56) we are now re-grouping our extended code team (incl. sound engineer and animator) to work towards a feature complete version 1.0 which will have a lot more gameplay improvements and of course the wizard mode "The Dude Abides".
Because of the work involved this will take a while, I will try to give some (textual) updates in between.
If bugs are reported and fixed in the mean time it's possible we will do one or more small code updates although we will focus on the big 1.0 update.
Thank you for your patience and contributions,
- Koen

#13264 2 years ago

This is awesome news! Really looking forward to getting mine.

Rensh - When can we expect production to ramp back up? How long is the holiday and I'm assuming you are also waiting to ensure you've resolved the PROC board issues.

Thanks!

#13265 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

This is awesome news! Really looking forward to getting mine.
Rensh - When can we expect production to ramp back up? How long is the holiday and I'm assuming you are also waiting to ensure you've resolved the PROC board issues.
Thanks!

For the current batch first the Proc issues need to be solved. Than I foresee for the near future still not up to full capacity. Supplier issues .

Is it not part A than it is part B or C

Each time you solve an issue you think now we can go full steam ahead and than another issue pops up. No, being a manufacturer in these days is a real challenge I can assure you.

But we are doing our best.

#13266 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For the current batch first the Proc issues need to be solved. Than I foresee for the near future still not up to full capacity. Supplier issues
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"5590e395711eac199672fd9afe94aaab0e153d0a-1628917806-1800"};
//]]>

Is it not part A than it is part B or C
Each time you solve an issue you think now we can go full steam ahead and than another issue pops up. No, being a manufacturer in these days is a real challenge I can assure you.
But we are doing our best.

Just keep on keeping on.

#13267 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is it known how long the order banks will be opened on TBL orders? Is there a set date a deposit needs to be made by before no more orders are accepted?

Rumor has it that they will most likely close the order window towards the end of the year as DP wants to move on to their 2nd game, but that’s just like what someone told me man.

#13268 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That will never happen.

Even though I'm not an EA, I've been following this whole ordeal since the start and I have been very optimistic that this will happen for the last few months, even before I got mine. This was after years of repeated disappointments that made me think the EAs would never be made whole. But I honestly think Barry is going to make this happen and DP will come out as a successful and well-regarded boutique pinball manufacturer. Do your part and order a game; help the EAs out.

#13269 2 years ago

What’s DPs next game ?

#13270 2 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

What’s DPs next game ?

My little pony

#13271 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

My little pony

#13272 2 years ago

Is there any information on how many have been ordered or how many would be made? Is it just that they will make as many as they can until the license runs out?

#13273 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is there any information on how many have been ordered or how many would be made? Is it just that they will make as many as they can until the license runs out?

As many as they can, not a limited version.

And yes, ofcourse it will stop one day when a new model, my little pony, starts production. Or they go from 1 to 2 lines.

And I can understand that after producing TBL for a longer time a new challenge for the mind would be refreshing. And who doesn’t want a My little Pony after all ??

#13274 2 years ago

When are the EA will get their game? They ate waiting for years…

#13275 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

When are the EA will get their game? They ate waiting for years…

The official word is that every 4th game is going to an EA. We've had several EAs on here show pics of receiving their game over the past year.

#13276 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

The official word is that every 4th game is going to an EA. We've had several EAs on here show pics of receiving their game over the past year.

I was one of those EA's (#59) - last October. Unfortunately, as Rens has acknowledged, games have not been going out to EA's at the previously targeted rate of 1 in every four and most are still in limbo regarding when they will get their TBL.

#13277 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I was one of those EA's (#59) - last October. Unfortunately, as Rens has acknowledged, games have not been going out to EA's at the previously targeted rate of 1 in every four and most are still in limbo regarding when they will get their TBL.

Ouch, that sucks. Why would they be planning on the next game then? Hopefully not to fund TBL...

#13278 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

At the rate they are going, they will be making these for years to

Quoted from fosaisu:

Sorry, right, I meant original purchasers from 5+ years back. I’m not under the impression those will all be covered anytime soon, and unless there’s been a change in the finances they will still require 3 new sales per original purchaser.

is it 3 new to 1 EA. It looks like it has been 25 new to 1 ea lately.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

so does that mean the last achiever game went out 10 months ago?

#13279 2 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

is it 3 new to 1 EA. It looks like it has been 25 new to 1 ea lately.

Fair question, I thought they announced back in 2020 that they’d hit the “1 EA for every 3 new money TBLs” target and planned to maintain or even improve on it going forward. But maybe that’s no longer the case.

EDIT: Here’s an Oct 2020 post from Rensh discussing the ratio (but maybe he revised this in a later post?): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/244#post-5890405

#13280 2 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

...so does that mean the last achiever game went out 10 months ago?

No - there have been a few other EA games delivered after mine that have been mentioned in the Pinside threads.

Quoted from fosaisu:

... I thought they announced back in 2020 that they’d hit the “1 EA for every 3 new money TBLs” target and planned to maintain or even improve on it going forward. But maybe that’s no longer the case.

Has not been the case unfortunately.

#13281 2 years ago

It is true that by far the number of EAs hasn’t be reached as hoped for months ago when the 3 to 1 ratio was announced.

Quite frustrating that everything finally is in place, funds for parts, trained personnel, space and that just shortage on part supplies is just killing the production . Can’t imagine how a juggernaut like stern must be suffering.

Anyway, pleased to let you guys know that another two EA are ready, 66 and 68. Owners have been informed and needless to say they are happy dudes .

464EF75B-4D0C-44DB-AF64-DD96ECA6A04B (resized).jpeg464EF75B-4D0C-44DB-AF64-DD96ECA6A04B (resized).jpeg

#13282 2 years ago

I'm happy to be getting a game and all, but a HUGE reason I put down a deposit is because I wanted to help EAs get thiers.

It's awesome to see the old orders being filled. I'll celebrate the day that happens.

#13283 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm happy to be getting a game and all, but a HUGE reason I put down a deposit is because I wanted to help EAs get thiers.

Very cool - thanks to you and all that have purchased TBLs and enabled DP to keep going!

In the words of The Dude himself: "Fuckin' A Man!"

#13284 2 years ago

What’s typically the time between new shipments landing in the states? Every six weeks?

Rensh Have the Proc issues been figured out or are new games still on hold until that is resolved?

#13285 2 years ago

Units are shipped and in fact a shipment is on its way to CT.

Used is a different batch Proc, factory had also different issues with that batch Proc, but with 1 user for sure it isn’t the Proc as a replacement didn’t do the trick. We are working with him to see what it is. With a first user it was however solved with swapping Proc. So score is 1-1

Soulrider is doing the swap this weekend and than we will know more.

For those having the ticking issue, remove the connector on the Ps in the backbox in the red circle on attached picture. This will disable the safety circuit. Pls note : if you than open the coindoor the 12 and 48V will stay on the playfield. Be careful !! This is temp solution only.

D774AAA9-2F33-41FE-A446-C36407F5542F (resized).jpegD774AAA9-2F33-41FE-A446-C36407F5542F (resized).jpeg
#13286 2 years ago

Rensh Thanks for keeping us up to date on the temporary fix for the ticking issue. I unplugged mine as per instructed by the Dude. Have a great weekend. Tim

#13287 2 years ago

Luckily there’s one on-site near me to tide me over till mine comes.

FF99B417-9439-4EA0-85B3-49392FF86A78 (resized).jpegFF99B417-9439-4EA0-85B3-49392FF86A78 (resized).jpeg
#13288 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Anyway, pleased to let you guys know that another two EA are ready, 66 and 68

Mine would have been 56, and apparently that finally went out to someone about a year ago…so you’re doing like 10 EA’s a year? A friend of mine is like 170…he’ll be dead before that game gets made…he’s asked for a refund and been denied. At this point, since new people are ordering in decent numbers - isn’t it about time you refund people who still want out? Doesn't it make more sense to give back $8500 when you can now sell a game for $12500?

#13289 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mine would have been 56, and apparently that finally went out to someone about a year ago…so you’re doing like 10 EA’s a year? A friend of mine is like 170…he’ll be dead before that game gets made…he’s asked for a refund and been denied. At this point, since new people are ordering in decent numbers - isn’t it about time you refund people who still want out? Doesn't it make more sense to give back $8500 when you can now sell a game for $12500?

All about cash flow.
Think if 50 EA people wanted to cash out?

#13290 2 years ago

So give 1 EA a refund per 5 or 10 or 50 games made. Cheaper than making one EA game (maybe). A lot of people praise DP for their customer service but what has been done and currently done to the EA's is not impressive service. I say this as a hopeful owner and excited for DP to do great things both with future code updates and future titles.

#13291 2 years ago

I am a "late buyer" and I hope that all EA get their game soon !!!
So far is a lack in the supply chain (as in many european industries) but if parts are available with the new factory hall and the higher output it should be possible to reach a fair quote !
Looking forward for this, so far several EA got a game and I guess that DP will stay in business , so they will be measured also on the delivery to EA´s !

#13292 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So 2 or more people paid for the same game?

#13293 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sorry mate, I got your game, I feel bad!

IMG_20210821_190418 (resized).jpgIMG_20210821_190418 (resized).jpg

#13294 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Sorry mate, I got your game, I feel bad!
[quoted image]

Don’t feel bad. I wanted out & got out. Feel bad for those who have to wait another decade or two.

#13295 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Doesn't it make more sense to give back $8500 when you can now sell a game for $12500?

It's cheaper for them to give you a game than it is to give you $8500. I'm pretty sure the game costs them 5k-6k max to make and ship.

They can't make all the EAs at once or else they'll run out of money since no new money would be coming in.

And they already have a backlog of games in the queue, so giving a refund, keeping the game and selling to someone else would be pointless at a financial standpoint.

SOLUTION?: I wonder if they could give EAs an option, especially those 100+ range to pay the difference (12500 - 8500, so pay $4000) and get your game asap. I get that it would suck to pay extra on top of what you've already paid and for as long as you've already waited, but the game is worth more than that anyway, so it's not like it'd be at a loss for the buyer, and there would be no more waiting either.

I'm spit-balling here and I'm not married to the idea, but I'd like to see everyone get their game. I don't know what the hurdles are, but I'm sure there are solutions that could be in the middle ground for everyone involved. If I was an EA at this point, I'd absolutely pay more to get my game ASAP and be done with it, but only because I know I'd be getting a game worth more than what I put into it in return AND I wouldn't have to wait anymore, so it wouldn't hurt me too much.

Maybe dp could throw in a little extra for these people too. Alternate translite? Topper? Something extra as a "meeting you halfway" type of thing.

#13296 2 years ago

How many EAs will there be?

#13297 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

SOLUTION?: I wonder if they could give EAs an option, especially those 100+ range to pay the difference (12500 - 8500, so pay $4000) and get your game asap.

I asked them (DP) this very same question two years ago, but never got an answer.
So, seems like we just sit back and see what the future brings...

#13298 2 years ago

Paying the difference doesn’t make sense cause your bumping in line slowing the new cash coming in.

#13299 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It is true that by far the number of EAs hasn’t be reached as hoped for months ago when the 3 to 1 ratio was announced.
Quite frustrating that everything finally is in place, funds for parts, trained personnel, space and that just shortage on part supplies is just killing the production . Can’t imagine how a juggernaut like stern must be suffering.
Anyway, pleased to let you guys know that another two EA are ready, 66 and 68. Owners have been informed and needless to say they are happy dudes .
[quoted image]

Why did they Skip #67???

And when is the long awaited 69 Dude???

#13300 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Why did they Skip #67???

#67 was the chief of police in Malibu. A real reactionary.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/266?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.