(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 306.
#13201 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is this game still available to order?

Yes. Through CoinTaker in the US. Direct order from DP in Europe.

Quoted from Zablon:

Just slow to get made?

Yes. It seemed like lag time was down to ~ 12 months from initial deposit to shipment based on recent reports, but then we just heard about a 2 year wait, so hard to know what to think. Suffice to say, if you preorder you're going to be waiting a while.

Quoted from Zablon:

People are getting them and happy with them quality wise, etc?

Reports in this thread have been very positive once people actually receive their games. I haven't been following the Lebowski owners tech thread, so not sure how DP is doing with tech support these days if people need replacement parts, etc.

#13202 2 years ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

The depreciation that comes from opening that box is going the be gut wrenching.

I'm not buying the game to make money, I'm buying it to enjoy it.

I'm not even going to put my game in my house, I'm putting it on location (private clubhouse) on free play. I want everyone to be able to enjoy this great game together.

Money comes and goes. Friendships and fun and camaraderie is where it's at.

#13203 2 years ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

The depreciation that comes from opening that box is going the be gut wrenching.

There is nothing to indicate this is in any way close to reality. There is no record of any game selling for LESS than the NIB price and typically its around $14k these days. People still don't want to wait for a year. Time is money!

#13204 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So can someone tldr this for me? Is this game still available to order? Just slow to get made? People are getting them and happy with them quality wise, etc?

Yes, yes (expect 1 year or more) and yes

#13205 2 years ago

Hey folks anyone have a good contact at DP? I have emailed Barry Driessen and in the past he has been good about getting back to me... but went radio silent as I am trying to order the lit apron. Thank you for any help here

#13206 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey folks anyone have a good contact at DP? I have emailed Barry Driessen and in the past he has been good about getting back to me... but went radio silent as I am trying to order the lit apron. Thank you for any help here

The same happened to me.

Maybe we should contact Cointaker and add the apron to our order?

#13207 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

The same happened to me.

Thats what I did. Melissa added it to my order.

#13208 2 years ago

The same happened to me.

Did you email to Barry or support? I see only the support mailbox. Problem is I don’t know which pinsider belongs to which mailadress

And pls be a little patient. South of Limburg where DP is located was completely flooded last weekend but DP factory and their private homes turned out to be safe in the end.

#13209 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Did you email to Barry or support? I see only the support mailbox. Problem is I don’t know which pinsider belongs to which mailadress
And pls be a little patient. South of Limburg where DP is located was completely flooded last weekend but DP factory and their private homes turned out to be safe in the end.

Hey I'm not complaining. Barry emailed me once and said he'd let me know when aprons were ready to order, said it'd be a couple weeks. After 1-2 months I replied asking if he was ready.

It's no big deal, really. If I can add it to my order through Cointaker, it'd be even better (installed) when I get the game. I don't waiting.

#13210 2 years ago

Hey Dudes I just received my Big Lebowski 20 minutes ago and will post pictures later tonight . Fed-X Freight did a awesome job getting it here from Pennsylvania to Northern Indiana in less then a day.

#13211 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Good to know, and just and FYI - I am a very patient person - two posts above you will see I have been waiting for my game for 2 years. I talked with Barry about 2 months ago. I am just curious if others had a similar communication situation. thanks

#13212 2 years ago

Just came off the phone with Barry

There is a backlog which he is slowly working through. He is only sending out invoices when your turn is more or less up eg he has your apron more or less ready.

At the moment he is awaiting the colored plastics.

To be cntd soon

#13213 2 years ago

I'm not buying the game to make money, I'm buying it to enjoy it.
I'm not even going to put my game in my house, I'm putting it on location (private clubhouse) on free play. I want everyone to be able to enjoy this great game together.

The dude abides...

#13214 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

Hey Dudes I just received my Big Lebowski 20 minutes ago and will post pictures later tonight . Fed-X Freight did a awesome job getting it here from Pennsylvania to Northern Indiana in less then a day.

Congrats! Hopefully she's perfect and look forward to seeing pics and hearing how awesome she is!

#13215 2 years ago

I was lucky enough to get my game today with the lighted apron already installed as DP sent Melissa 1 game with it already installed.I was on the lighted apron list with CoinTaker and Melissa said for $600 she would send me this game .The lighted apron is well worth the extra cash.Question for the Lebowski owners did your game come with a cash box and coin mechs as mine did not.

#13216 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

did your game come with a cash box and coin mechs as mine did not.

No

#13217 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It should arrive in 2 weeks.

Quoted from jukeboxtim:

I was lucky enough to get my game today with the lighted apron already installed as DP sent Melissa 1 game with it already installed.I was on the lighted apron list with CoinTaker and Melissa said for $600 she would send me this game .The Lighted apron is well worth extra cash.Question for the Lebowski owners did your game come with a cash box and coin mechs as mine did not.

That’s a little odd to not have coin mechs right?

#13218 2 years ago

'm not buying the game to make money, I'm buying it to enjoy it.

ThePinballCo-op so happy to hear this - this is also what I did but mine has been at a few different public locations (guessing it's the most played Lebowski since it was #9)

I think I will actually get to see/play it this weekend finally as there's an open house/swap meet event here in NorCal at The Flipper Room on Saturday

#13219 2 years ago
Quoted from genex:

VermontPinball so happy to hear this - this is also what I did but mine has been at a few different public locations (guessing it's the most played Lebowski since it was #9)
I think I will actually get to see/play it this weekend finally as there's an open house/swap meet event here in NorCal at The Flipper Room on Saturday

I have played your Lebowski! And plan to play it this Saturday. It shoots good! Thanks!

#13220 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I have played your Lebowski! And plan to play it this Saturday. It shoots good! Thanks!

Thanks but that's more due to TJ Beyer who's been helping me operate it for years. He also provided Dutch with a lot of feedback as he's been operating games for years and had some great insights

#13221 2 years ago

I removed the backglass and disconnected the plug tonight so I could install the wing bolts to hold the back box secure and I'm having a hard time figuring out which connector it gets plugged back into.I knew I should have taken photo lol. I've looked all over pinside forum and can't find any photo's as I don't want to plug it into the wrong connector.Thanks Tim

#13222 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

I was lucky enough to get my game today with the lighted apron already installed as DP sent Melissa 1 game with it already installed.I was on the lighted apron list with CoinTaker and Melissa said for $600 she would send me this game .The Lighted apron is well worth extra cash.Question for the Lebowski owners did your game come with a cash box and coin mechs as mine did not.

Nope!

#13223 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

That’s a little odd to not have coin mechs right?

Never came with coin mechs or coin box.

With that said you can order both from pinballlife.com

Ps - you have to offset coinbox since bowling alley rails are there.

#13224 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

I removed the backglass and disconnected the plug tonight so I could install the wing bolts to hold the back box secure and I'm having a hard time figuring out which connector it gets plugged back into.I knew I should have taken photo lol. I've looked all over pinside forum and can't find any photo's as I don't want to plug it into the wrong connector.Thanks Tim

FYI - 1 connector/cable is backbox light - the other connector/cable is for lighted speaker kit I sell

FBE599B8-4AE8-444A-A701-22519AEAEB06 (resized).jpegFBE599B8-4AE8-444A-A701-22519AEAEB06 (resized).jpeg
#13225 2 years ago

This Dude needs help.I was playing my 2 day old game this evening and the display screen went dark it does flicker ever 4-5 seconds like its trying to come back up but I can only see the graphics for a millisecond. I have unplugged and reseated the cables at both ends at motherboard and the display but still the same issue.Thanks Tim

#13226 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

This Dude needs help.I was playing my 2 day old game this evening and the display screen went dark it does flicker ever 4-5 seconds like its trying to come back up but I can only see the graphics for a millisecond. I have unplugged and reseated the cables at both ends at motherboard and the display but still the same issue.Thanks Tim

Might want to repost here.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

#13227 2 years ago

Today I had the privilege to receive my TBL. Actually I had the opportunity to pick it up at the new factory, including an extensive factory tour. Thanks Barry and his nice (increasing) team!

After some driving the machine is extracted from the box and it plays great!

IMG_3182 (resized).JPGIMG_3182 (resized).JPGIMG_3186 (resized).JPGIMG_3186 (resized).JPGIMG_3188 (resized).JPGIMG_3188 (resized).JPG

#13228 2 years ago

Thats awesome! Glad you were able to tour the plant, what a privilege. Enjoy the game and post some post set up pics!

#13229 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Today I had the privilege to receive my TBL. Actually I had the opportunity to pick it up at the new factory, including an extensive factory tour. Thanks Barry and his nice (increasing) team!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super happy you got your pin, but I'm even happier to hear that you received a tour of the facility? Got any more pics of that place? Any cool info to share about what you saw or experienced?

Nice to see those guys do good work!

#13230 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Did you happen to see any EAs on the factory floor???

#13231 2 years ago

Chronology for those that are interesred:
7/14/20 preorder (CT)
6/2/21 invoiced
7/20/21 shipped
7/22/21 delivered

Off to the owners thread...

#13232 2 years ago
Quoted from flipper-happy:

Chronology for those that are interesred:
7/14/20 preorder (CT)
6/2/21 invoiced
7/20/21 shipped
7/22/21 delivered
Off to the owners thread...

Deposit or no?

#13233 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Awesome write up and man, that Mercedes looks clean!

#13234 2 years ago

Deposit

#13235 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Did you happen to see any EAs on the factory floor???

Sorry, did not have a lot of attention for the EAs. Was more busy trying to keep my 4 years old son from disassemble a freshly installed TBL.

#13236 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Awesome write up and man, that Mercedes looks clean!

Lol it actually is a (clean looking) BMW...

#13237 2 years ago

Super happy you got your pin, but I'm even happier to hear that you received a tour of the facility? Got any more pics of that place? Any cool info to share about what you saw or experienced?
Nice to see those guys do good work!

A lot of machines in production! Made some more pictures but don't know if DP liks them to be shared here. I didn't ask permission to publish those here, so think I keep em for myself, sorry.

#13238 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

A lot of machines in production! Made some more pictures but don't know if DP liks them to be shared here. I didn't ask permission to publish those here, so think I keep em for myself, sorry.

Eh that's all good with me. In the one picture you shared I can see maybe 22 cabinets, half of which are being worked on or look completed. Good stuff in that one pic alone.

One last question. Why did you say "increasing team"? Just curious.

#13239 2 years ago

Eh that's all good with me. In the one picture you shared I can see maybe 22 cabinets, half of which are being worked on or look completed. Good stuff in that one pic alone.
One last question. Why did you say "increasing team"? Just curious.

Meaning more and more people working on the production line. Good news for all the folks waiting for their machine!

#13240 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Lol it actually is a (clean looking) BMW...

Im talking about the white Mercedes in the driveway, with mirror like wheels!

#13241 2 years ago

2 bits of great news. Talked to FedEx, and delivery is scheduled for this Thursday. Next piece of good news heard back from Barry and ordered my Lit Apron!!

#13242 2 years ago

After almost 2 years here it is! I am going to do some deep inspection as the "Drop N tell" indicator was totally gone. There is also clear water contact on the top of the box. Will report back what I find. So far the exterior looks real nice!.

totan-95 (resized).jpgtotan-95 (resized).jpgtotan-93 (resized).jpgtotan-93 (resized).jpgtotan-92 (resized).jpgtotan-92 (resized).jpgtotan-94 (resized).jpgtotan-94 (resized).jpgtotan-91 (resized).jpgtotan-91 (resized).jpg
Sure does tie the room together

#13243 2 years ago

After almost 2 years here it is! I am going to do some deep inspection as the "Drop N tell" indicator was totally gone. There is also clear water contact on the top of the box. Will report back what I find. So far the exterior looks real nice!.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s incredible! Can’t wait until my turn and I love the genuine excitement in this group when a new pin arrives. I hope everything is okay and works 100%. Report back once you get it set up.

#13244 2 years ago

Hell yea Brady! Congrats!

#13245 2 years ago

Sweet!!

#13246 2 years ago

So got er up and running, the sound was not working, and it was just a matter of reseating the plugs. Already got my doobie, and mod harness installed thanks to @cpr9999.
totan-098 (resized).jpgtotan-098 (resized).jpg

Everything is nice and clean, as far as I can tell:
totan-100 (resized).jpgtotan-100 (resized).jpg

Doobie!
totan-099 (resized).jpgtotan-099 (resized).jpgtotan-097 (resized).jpgtotan-097 (resized).jpg

Love the thoughtful details into this game
totan-101 (resized).jpgtotan-101 (resized).jpg

Also a heads up, the service rails are sharp! I mean like razors.... kinda crasy they do not finish the edges I sliced my hand up pretty good. I suggest lightly sanding them.
totan-096 (resized).jpgtotan-096 (resized).jpg

#13247 2 years ago

So got er up and running, the sound was not working, and it was just a matter of reseating the plugs. Already got my doobie, and mod harness installed thanks to cpr9999.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Doobie!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
Also a heads up, the service rails are sharp! I mean like razors.... kinda crasy they do not finish the edges I sliced my hand up pretty good. I suggest lightly sanding them.
[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#13248 2 years ago

So got er up and running, the sound was not working, and it was just a matter of reseating the plugs. Already got my doobie, and mod harness installed thanks to cpr9999.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Doobie!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Damn man. Someone missed that job.

#13249 2 years ago

Is it known how long the order banks will be opened on TBL orders? Is there a set date a deposit needs to be made by before no more orders are accepted?

#13250 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is it known how long the order banks will be opened on TBL orders? Is there a set date a deposit needs to be made by before no more orders are accepted?

It's a good question - when I asked Cointaker in April of this year Melissa advised "most likely thru this year and then it’s questionable."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/265?hl=birdman665 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.