(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 306.
#13101 2 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Mine is being delivered this Wednesday, coming from Cointaker. I ordered mid May 2021, and paid the invoice just about a month and a half ago. Anyone else in this shipment?

Mid May? Are you some type of public personality? I think someone last weeks said they were a day one order and they had just received their machine. I was a day 4 order from Cointaker and crickets.

#13102 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Mid May? Are you some type of public personality? I think someone last week said they were a day one order and they had just received their machine. I was a day 4 order from Cointaker and crickets.

#13103 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Mid May? Are you some type of public personality? I think someone last weeks said they were a day one order and they had just received their machine. I was a day 4 order from Cointaker and crickets.

Lol, sorry. Meant 2020, which I had in my previous posts. My mistake. Apparently things have gotten so bad in my head, I’m mixing up years. Will correct in original post.

#13104 2 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:Lol, sorry. Meant 2020, which I had in previous posts. Apparently things have gotten so bad in my head, I’m mixing up years. Will correct in original post.

It’s all good, I was about to ask for your connect.

#13105 2 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Mine is being delivered this Wednesday, coming from Cointaker. I ordered mid May 2020, and paid the invoice just about a month and a half ago. Anyone else in this shipment?

Wow, well done

That's about as fast as I've seen someone getting a game. Hopefully production will begin to match capacity.

#13106 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Wow, well done
That's about as fast as I've seen someone getting a game. Hopefully production will begin to match capacity.

I was a little surprised myself, even though my invoice stated games shipping from the Netherlands May 8. I hadn’t heard anything else about games arriving until I got the email from FedEx earlier today, and then shortly after an email from cointaker saying it had shipped.

I was pleasantly surprised. Now I just hope to hear others have theirs arriving as well, I know plenty of people have been waiting a long time.

#13107 2 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Mine is being delivered this Wednesday, coming from Cointaker. I ordered mid May 2020, and paid the invoice just about a month and a half ago. Anyone else in this shipment?

Congratulations!! The order fulfillment here is hilarious. No rhyme or reason. I’m November of 2019, I just paid my invoice last week, still yet to get a delivery date. But hey I’m happy as long as we all get em

#13108 2 years ago

13 months & 19 months.

That's the length of time from order to expected delivery for these last two TBLs that we know about.

My 8-10 month expected wait time is not looking so great, but hey I'm just happy to be here.

#13109 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

"Donny, you are out of your element"
New code is not perfect but a great enhancement ... and if you want you can bring in the original sound with voices ...
Maybe you have slept over the last month

Thanks. Strange, I keep up on this thread (one of the few who honestly read it from page 1 all the way through over several weeks), and I didn’t see anything about a recent code update, nor an option relating to the sound/voice choices. Was it here or on a different thread?

#13110 2 years ago

I received an email from CoinTaker yesterday (7th) saying my pin has shipped. I don't have any tracking information or anything as of yet. My guess is that I will likely have it sometime next week. I will give you all an update when it arrives with final dates, etc.

#13111 2 years ago

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software.php
March 2021 0.55 was released. changelog is here too.

no option for adding voices/sounds unless you know where they are stored and hack your way in

Quoted from ezatnova:

Thanks. Strange, I keep up on this thread (one of the few who honestly read it from page 1 all the way through over several weeks), and I didn’t see anything about a recent code update, nor an option relating to the sound/voice choices. Was it here or on a different thread?

#13112 2 years ago

Another Lebowski made its way home safe and sound. Receiving this machine yesterday was surreal! After a few tweaks, I’m enjoying this machine more than any other machine I’ve played. It’s hilarious…

Special thanks to all of the EA’s out there who chose to stay committed to Dutch Pinball. You all made this possible. I hope you all get your games ASAP.

For non EA’s, the initial deposit was made in late June 2020. I didn’t hear anything from CoinTaker until I was invoiced late April 2021.

Adjusting the playfield pitch to 6.5 degrees made the scoops work perfectly. I had some issues with them beforehand.

The ball likes to get stuck in the Jesus shot, so if anyone has some advice on that I’d appreciate it.

Alright Dudes - That about does er’ for me. See you down the trail.

749DDC7D-E63B-4BE5-9F20-FCACC724F32A (resized).jpeg749DDC7D-E63B-4BE5-9F20-FCACC724F32A (resized).jpegC37CD3A2-D8F0-4330-BF19-D17C1738C389 (resized).jpegC37CD3A2-D8F0-4330-BF19-D17C1738C389 (resized).jpegD26A394C-CB84-4252-B7CF-A0F27AB8DDAD (resized).jpegD26A394C-CB84-4252-B7CF-A0F27AB8DDAD (resized).jpeg
#13113 2 years ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

Another Lebowski made its way home safe and sound. Receiving this machine yesterday was surreal! After a few tweaks, I’m enjoying this machine more than any other machine I’ve played. It’s hilarious…
Special thanks to all of the EA’s out there who chose to stay committed to Dutch Pinball. You all made this possible. I hope you all get your games ASAP.
For non EA’s, the initial deposit was made in late June 2020. I didn’t hear anything from CoinTaker until I was invoiced late April 2021.
Adjusting the playfield pitch to 6.5 degrees made the scoops work perfectly. I had some issues with them beforehand.
The ball likes to get stuck in the Jesus shot, so if anyone has some advice on that I’d appreciate it.
Alright Dudes - That about does er’ for me. See you down the trail.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! What carrier delivered your pin? I have not received a tracking number or anything yet but CoinTaker did mention it was shipped. Lovely cat. It looks like it approves of your new pin.

#13114 2 years ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

Alright Dudes - That about does er’ for me. See you down the trail.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

White Russian for you, dude. Congrats! Now get that cat away from it.

#13115 2 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

Congrats! What carrier delivered your pin? I have not received a tracking number or anything yet but CoinTaker did mention it was shipped. Lovely cat. It looks like it approves of your new pin.

Thanks! It was FedEx that ended up delivering it. CoinTaker sent me an email the day before it came. Hope you get yours soon.

#13116 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Haha thanks, will do. She’s a PITA.

#13117 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Yea that cat looks like it could be a rug pisser

#13118 2 years ago

Mine arrived not too long ago as well. Unfortunately, it’s gonna be a short while before I get it set up. But I’m happy to say that it arrived safely. (At least the box did)
Can’t wait to get playing and see others receiving theirs as well!

F1269721-6AB9-4253-8F4D-989690F07BE7 (resized).jpegF1269721-6AB9-4253-8F4D-989690F07BE7 (resized).jpeg
#13119 2 years ago

Well guys I canceled my order. I was told 8 months from the start. 3 months in I checked and was told I was 5 months out. Hearing that people are at a year and a half to just pay in full and I think there are better things I can do with my funds.

#13120 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Well guys I canceled my order. I was told 8 months from the start. 3 months in I checked and was told I was 5 months out. Hearing that people are at a year and a half to just pay in full and I think there are better things I can do with my funds.

Understandable. It definitely takes longer than 8 months. The good news is they seem to be shortening the time between payment in full and shipping. Happy hunting!

#13121 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Sorry to hear that. Can’t say I blame you. With the way the orders seem to bounce around, it’s hard to blame anyone that doesn’t want to wait.
For what it’s worth, Melissa was actually pretty accurate in the timing of mine. (13 months to my door) But the communication part of it wasn’t particularly great. Whether that is from DP or cointaker I don’t know.

#13122 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

LOL... That's all I can do is laugh. A year is a pretty standard timeline here if you actually read most peoples experiences in this thread. I'm sure the next person in line will be happy to get a machine that much faster.

Jeff

#13123 2 years ago

Very happy, got mine yesterday. Had to do some tweaking but nothing major. Took about a year from deposit to delivery, worth the wait, this pin is so cool lol.If your waiting it will be worth it.

IMG_2203 (resized).jpgIMG_2203 (resized).jpgIMG_2205 (resized).jpgIMG_2205 (resized).jpg
#13124 2 years ago

Yep can't believe anything they say, just assume 1 year after deposit.

I agree it does seem faster for PIF to ship, as it should be as that's complete BS for CT.

That would be the one piece of advice...when you get invoiced for the PIF, really question the timing from there.

#13125 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

That's unfortunate. I actually think the orders are going to be delivered at a faster pace. Time will tell though.

#13126 2 years ago

Sorry to hear that. Definitely takes rolling with the punches so to speak… in my situation I was told 6 months a year and a half ago, but I stayed because I know it will be worth the wait!! Might be able to find one used of nib for that fact
Cheers

#13127 2 years ago

I know this has been discussed but I can't remember what's up -- do the TBLs shipping now still have the 5 year old playfields? Or are we starting to see the newly manufactured playfields roll out yet?

#13128 2 years ago

Likely old playfields.

I think the playfields were among the parts ordered in bulk when ARA were assembling games.. so maybe 300 ish playfields.

#13129 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL... That's all I can do is laugh. A year is a pretty standard timeline here if you actually read most peoples experiences in this thread. I'm sure the next person in line will be happy to get a machine that much faster.
Jeff

No kidding. Presumably reads entire thread and still orders, THEN decides its taking to long.

DP has risen from near ashes and its impressive to say the least. If i were in, I'd stay in. Well done DP!

#13130 2 years ago

As I think most of you know Jaap Nauta, cofounder of DP, was diagnosed with terminal cancer I think like 2 yrs ago.

Thanks to experimental therapy he stayed among us longer as expected but yesterday evening he passed away .

He is already far over a year not active with DP so it has no influence in day to day business but he will be missed. Our thoughts are with his wife and family.

So we see again, there are more important things in live as pinball.

#13131 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As I think most of you know Jaap Nauta, cofounder of DP, was diagnosed with terminal cancer I think like 2 yrs ago.
Thanks to experimental therapy he stayed among us longer as expected but yesterday evening he passed away .
He is already far over a year not active with DP so it has no influence in day to day business but he will be missed. Our thoughts are with his wife and family.

I am so sorry to hear this news! Sending prayers for his family.

#13132 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That's terrible. He put up quite the fight, I wish he would have won.

#13133 2 years ago

Sad to hear this.

#13134 2 years ago

Man, my wishes go out to his friends and family. Never easy hearing a story like this

#13135 2 years ago

So sorry to hear this. RIP.

#13136 2 years ago

Indeed. Just got my Lebowski yesterday and this is the first post I saw coming into the owners thread. Condolences go out.

#13137 2 years ago

It is sad to read this, and my thoughts are with his family.

#13138 2 years ago

Very sad, condolences to his family and friends.

#13140 2 years ago

I'm gonna put in some games on my TBL and raise a Mt. Dew toast in honor of Jaap tonight.

#13141 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I'm gonna put in some games on my TBL and raise a Mt. Dew toast in honor of Jaap tonight.

I will join you as well but with a glass of wine!

#13142 2 years ago

Whatever happened to Caucasians and Oat Sodas, man? But a glass raised is a glass raised, and despite all the troubles the TBL production has gone through, anyone that brought more pinball into this world should be remembered for their contributions to this hobby that we love.

The faults of our brothers we write upon the sand, their virtues upon the tablets of love and memory.

1 week later
#13143 2 years ago

Has production basically stalled out given the supply chain issues? There has been little to no activity in weeks relating to unboxings or comments on receiving machines. Would love an update

#13144 2 years ago

TBls are still being delivered and unboxed and some of them have posted on pinside but believe intro not, not all buyers are pinsiders

But it’s a fact that production ratio is down due to supply issues. DP has taken sets to overcome this (securing special government funds-loans which are meant to buy stock which they did for a large number of TBLs) and hopes to start in normal rate again asap. Problem in current times is that when it comes to supply chain issues nothing is certain nowadays. To many times delivery promises are not kept, transport times are extended or quality of parts not as agreed …

DP has thus taken steps and now awaits deliveries after which production rate can go up again to 8-10 pcs per week.

#13145 2 years ago

Thanks for the update. I understand that machines are certainly going out to folks who are not on Pinside, but this thread had steady activity and then went very quiet which I thought was unusual. We are all rooting for DP and look forward to production being ramped up!

#13146 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks for the update. I understand that machines are certainly going out to folks who are not on Pinside, but this thread had steady activity and then went very quiet which I thought was unusual. We are all rooting for DP and look forward to production being ramped up!

Welcome to swing up and play mine if you a TBL fix, man.

#13147 2 years ago

Appreciate the offer, but I have a 6 month old so I don't get out much

#13148 2 years ago

talked to Melissa last week... appers DHL is having some sort of issues. I was checking in on my game as I got an email 3 weeks ago informing me it will be shipped within 2 weeks. She informed me... they are not shipping right now? I did a google they are not on strike or anything so not sure what is going on. So those of you who paid and are waiting, this is probably why

#13149 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

talked to Melissa last week... appers DHL is having some sort of issues. I was checking in on my game as I got an email 3 weeks ago informing me it will be shipped within 2 weeks. She informed me... they are not shipping right now? I did a google they are not on strike or anything so not sure what is going on. So those of you who paid and are waiting, this is probably why

Welcome to the CT TBL Experience....the Dude only knows what's really going on.

#13150 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Welcome to the CT TBL Experience....the Dude only knows what's really going on.

The Dude never knows what's going on. But there's probably something to his approach of saying "fuck it," rolling one, and listening to some Credence until the situation resolves itself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/263?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.