(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 306.
#12951 3 years ago

Just got my final invoice.

#12952 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:Just got my final invoice.

So you’ll get your game by July 4th if all goes well!

#12953 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So you’ll get your game by July 4th if all goes well!

Does feel like a rolling ponzi scheme. PIF 7 weeks ago with no firm indication from here despite being initially told 3-4 weeks. Why take new PIF at this point?

#12954 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Does feel like a rolling ponzi scheme. PIF 7 weeks ago with no firm indication from here despite being initially told 3-4 weeks. Why take new PIF at this point?

That was my conclusion, when new sales money runs thin feels like things will go south. Not sure of the solution but worried for others. Personal Opinion. Seems like, things could turn around if they sub contract a smaller yet established US company. Again, Personal Opinion.

#12955 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

That was my conclusion, when new sales money runs thin feels like things will go south. Not sure of the solution but worried for others. Personal Opinion. Seems like, things could turn around if they sub contract a smaller yet established US company. Again, Personal Opinion.

DP has been kicking ass lately, but you just now have this opinion? Waldo, and where is he, is right.

#12956 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just got my final invoice.

Congrats. When did you put your deposit down?

#12957 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

DP has been kicking ass lately, but you just now have this opinion? Waldo, and where is he, is right.

I agree DP is kicking butt lately. It seems like they have picked up the pace with the new factory. Overall design has improved from what others have said. New code is on the way! The game is rock solid. Everything seems to be trending in a great direction. To your question on when did I develop a ponzi scheme feeling, after hearing 4-6 more weeks multiple times for delivery I started to question what's going on.

#12958 3 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Congrats. When did you put your deposit down?

Almost a year.

#12959 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I agree DP is kicking butt lately. It seems like they have picked up the pace with the new factory. Overall design has improved from what others have said. New code is on the way! The game is rock solid. Everything seems to be trending in a great direction. To your question on when did I develop a ponzi scheme feeling, after hearing 4-6 more weeks multiple times for delivery I started to question what's going on.

Part of me is dreading the call to PIF for that exact reason. I know I'm getting closer and I can't wait to receive the game, but the waiting period is going to be rough. Hopefully as production increases the gap between payment and receipt is lessened as well.

#12960 3 years ago

It can be a longer wait. For me it was 3 months after PIF.

Hang in there, as you already know, its worth it.

#12961 3 years ago

I wouldn't worry about the PIF time. Cointaker is pretty reliable and working in tandem with dp to get these games out is good for everybody. It's a cash cow for dp to keep this going, so I say don't worry about it.

#12962 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

It can be a longer wait. For me it was 3 months after PIF.
Hang in there, as you already know, its worth it.

I waited over 4 months after PIF.

#12963 3 years ago

Anyone know how to fix a car that comes out half way and then just jiggles? I have no manual and was hoping someone may have seen the issue before and knows the fix. Also my flippers just drop in the middle of the game sometimes and I have to reboot it to get them back. Any suggestion? See the car jiggle here: https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettyEnchantingBananaFreakinStinkin-wu1cIqb4aRu8ynbC

Thanks, Steve

#12964 3 years ago

You should contact technical support from DP.
Rens will help you.
Seems the mechanic part from the steppermotor, loose screws or something like that. The car should reach the doublestanduptaregt and close one of the targets. The second one shoud register the hits.
Was is going on in test mode for the steppermotor ?

#12965 3 years ago
Quoted from iskidoo:

Anyone know how to fix a car that comes out half way and then just jiggles? I have no manual and was hoping someone may have seen the issue before and knows the fix. Also my flippers just drop in the middle of the game sometimes and I have to reboot it to get them back. Any suggestion? See the car jiggle here: https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettyEnchantingBananaFreakinStinkin-wu1cIqb4aRu8ynbC
Thanks, Steve

Might want to post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

1 week later
#12967 3 years ago

Just for info:

Got the call for my finalized EA #64 on friday

#12968 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Just for info:

Congratulations! I'm EA #80 and hearing more and more EA's before me getting their machines makes me happy.

#12969 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Just for info:

Long way to go until my number comes up. But it is one closer.

#12970 3 years ago

The clouds have parted and I finally received my TBL yesterday! Here are some facts/dates for you guys (non-EA version preorder). I hope this helps!
Serial: DP-01-00478
Preordered: 1/28/2020 (However like I mentioned in a previous post, my original order was with a different dist. and later transferred to CT so that put me a little behind)
Invoiced & PIF: 3/28/2021
Shipped: 4/9/2021
Delivered: 4/13/2021
Code Version Installed: 0.53 (which I updated to 0.55 via USB yesterday)

It arrived in great shape. Even though one of the bottom corners of the box had a dent & tear in it, no shipping damage. The only physical issue I've noticed so far is the cabinet decals could probably be adhered better. One of the backbox sides has a ripple in the corner and a couple other corners are not 100% "flushly" adhered at the edge. Maybe this is somewhat normal and I'm not too worried about it. I'm happy to send pics but the point of this post is to inform and celebrate, not nitpick!
Overall, the game is beautiful and incredibly addicting in a completely different way compared to my other pins (JPLE, Sopranos, RBION). I'm very thankful to have it! "OVER THE LINE!!!"

#12971 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

The clouds have parted and I finally received my TBL yesterday! Here are some facts/dates for you guys (non-EA version preorder). I hope this helps!
Serial: DP-01-00478
Preordered: 1/28/2020 (However like I mentioned in a previous post, my original order was with a different dist. and later transferred to CT so that put me a little behind)
Invoiced & PIF: 3/28/2021
Shipped: 4/9/2021
Delivered: 4/13/2021
Code Version Installed: 0.53 (which I updated to 0.55 via USB yesterday)
It arrived in great shape. Even though one of the bottom corners of the box had a dent & tear in it, no shipping damage. The only physical issue I've noticed so far is the cabinet decals could probably be adhered better. One of the backbox sides has a ripple in the corner and a couple other corners are not 100% "flushly" adhered at the edge. Maybe this is somewhat normal and I'm not too worried about it. I'm happy to send pics but the point of this post is to inform and celebrate, not nitpick!
Overall, the game is beautiful and incredibly addicting in a completely different way compared to my other pins (JPLE, Sopranos, RBION). I'm very thankful to have it! "OVER THE LINE!!!"

Very happy for you. Honestly. But also a bit confused. I paid in full 2/8, so 7 weeks earlier, and still nothing. I was promised tracking info by tomorrow, but I heard the same thing last week. At this stage, I would expect a quicker turnaround from payment to shipping, like you received. So in some ways that’s encouraging. Yet more common seems to be people having to wait months. One of the more recent excuses was that more recent games went to EAs, which is also a good thing. But then why did you take my money over two months ago? And why are more recent PIF’s receiving games many weeks sooner?

#12972 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Very happy for you. Honestly. But also a bit confused. I paid in full 2/8, so 7 weeks earlier, and still nothing. I was promised tracking info by tomorrow, but I heard the same thing last week. At this stage, I would expect a quicker turnaround from payment to shipping, like you received. So in some ways that’s encouraging. Yet more common seems to be people having to wait months. One of the more recent excuses was that more recent games went to EAs, which is also a good thing. But then why did you take my money over two months ago? And why are more recent PIF’s receiving games many weeks sooner?

And why is it shipping with old code.

#12973 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And why is it shipping with old code.

Come on, the new code was released just last weekend. Shipping takes longer time.

Is this question really worth asking?

#12974 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Come on, the new code was released just last weekend. Shipping takes longer time.

You're right, but he also mentioned paying in full a solid month before timlah and still nothing. I can only assume people get bundled up in groups of 10 or 12 and all the shipping is within a month of one-another? Either way I'm sure it's nothing, but I'd also be a tad annoyed I suppose.

Good news on the new game there dude! CONGRATS! Post pics!

#12975 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Your situation is not unique. The reality is there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how these things are invoiced/shipped.

#12976 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You're right, but he also mentioned paying in full a solid month before timlah and still nothing. I can only assume people get bundled up in groups of 10 or 12 and all the shipping is within a month of one-another? Either way I'm sure it's nothing, but I'd also be a tad annoyed I suppose.
Good news on the new game there dude! CONGRATS! Post pics!

Nothing to do with DP !!
Talk to your dealer .... it is his regulation to take money month before delivery. He must not to that !!
I picked up from DP factory and payed 12 hours in front via banktransfer .....

#12977 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Watch out no soup (pinball) for you - NEXT!

Single distributor - probably overlooked date.

#12978 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

My bad. I didnt know the code was just released.

Keep kicking ass!!!

#12979 3 years ago

I would have preordered already but I don’t like the idea of being paid in full for several months before getting a shipping notification. That seems to be normal on this thread.

#12980 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I would have preordered already but I don’t like the idea of being paid in full for several months before getting a shipping notification. That seems to be normal on this thread.

Guaranteed by Cointaker.
So no worries.

#12981 2 years ago

I'm in! Reservation placed..just heard from Melissa at Coint Taker 9 months ETA - see ya'll in ...well near 9 months I hope!

cheers

waiting (resized).jpgwaiting (resized).jpg
#12982 2 years ago

Wrong thread, lol

#12983 2 years ago

Just paid my final invoice. I placed my deposit on 6/27/20, so that’s a solid 10 months. Based on others’ experiences, I was thinking it would take a bit longer so I’m pleasantly surprised! According to CoinTaker (grain of salt advised), the next batch of machines will be leaving the Netherlands the week May 8th.

#12984 2 years ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

Just paid my final invoice. I placed my deposit on 6/27/20, so that’s a solid 10 months. Based on others’ experiences, I was thinking it would take a bit longer so I’m pleasantly surprised! According to CoinTaker (grain of salt advised), the next batch of machines will be leaving the Netherlands the week May 8th.

So did they guarantee you a machine from that shipment?

#12985 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

So did they guarantee you a machine from that shipment?

They didn’t explicitly say that one was guaranteed for me, but it sounds like good news for some people at least.

#12986 2 years ago

Crazy... considering I have been waiting since December 2019

#12987 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Time to make a call

#12988 2 years ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

Hopefully the delay from payment to ship date is drastically reduced. I hope you get your game soon!

#12989 2 years ago

Same here (since November 2019). I check in with Cointaker periodically. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to management of “The List.” I’m happy for everyone getting games, but the lack of transparency in the process is frustrating.

#12990 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Same here (since November 2019). I check in with Cointaker periodically. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to management of “The List.” I’m happy for everyone getting games, but the lack of transparency in the process is frustrating.

Did you put down a deposit?
Wondering if there is a preference to those that put down cash.

#12991 2 years ago

Did you put down a deposit?
Wondering if there is a preference to those that put down cash.

#12992 2 years ago

cpr9999 Funny you should ask because as she put my name down over the phone I asked “whats the damage” to which she responded no deposit was needed at the time LOL. So no I did not.

#12993 2 years ago

No deposit. The last time I called, I reminded Melissa that I had not paid and she didn’t ask for it.

#12994 2 years ago

Sounds like anyone who put their names down but didn't pay a deposit, is being pushed to the back on the line in favour of those who have paid deposits. That's a little disappointing if that is the case.
What was the point of putting your name down then, to be skipped over in favour of someone who put down a deposit over 6 months later.

#12995 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Sounds like anyone who put their names down but didn't pay a deposit, is being pushed to the back on the line in favour of those who have paid deposits. That's a little disappointing if that is the case.
What was the point of putting your name down then, to be skipped over in favour of someone who put down a deposit over 6 months later.

That wasn't my experience. But it really would be helpful if CT published the list. Everyone could be assigned a buyer number, to preserve anonymity.

#12996 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

That wasn't my experience. But it really would be helpful if CT published the list. Everyone could be assigned a buyer number, to preserve anonymity.

That would eliminate their ability to manipulate the list to their financial advantage. They are a business.

#12997 2 years ago

That would eliminate their ability to manipulate the list to their financial advantage. They are a business.

That is a pretty big assumption / accusation you are making. If they are selling at a set MSRP what financial advantage would they be getting? To my knowledge no one on here has claimed to pay Cointaker more for their game than anyone else. All the prices above MSRP I have seen have been private sales.

That said, assuming the above is true then it is confusing why some people are paying deposits and some are not... and why those that are not paying deposits are getting passed over.

#12998 2 years ago

Say what you mean because what you're implying is BS... They aren't marking the game up, they're selling it with an open and transparent price that everyone pays (minus the EAs that are ever so slowly being made whole).

Jeff

#12999 2 years ago

This just occurred to me, does anyone know how many Big Lebowski's they have parts to build? or are they now manufacturing them?

#13000 2 years ago

I was on that original list where there was no deposits and when it started to ramp up machines going out I called to see where things were at and I had to put down 1K to get onto another list I think so if you guys are cool with that 1K hold I'd call and figure that out because I'm sure you are getting skipped over for those that have. I put my grand down in October but I was probably the first 100 on the non deposit list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/260?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.