(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 306.
#12851 3 years ago

Just finished last week a how to write up on moving stepper motor from below main playfield to upper playfield.

Plan to do the same with the ball gates within a week. New ball gates are slightly faster and open wider. But I don’t see them as a must.

Reinforced lock targets are available foc excl shipping costs.

So, don’t worry to much about getting an old TBL.

#12852 3 years ago

Great responses, thanks guys.

#12853 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

PROS: I easily have the money and the patience to buy this game.
CONS: The timeline constantly changing for others and a history of things going wrong.
Would I rather pay 12,500 for a NIB and wait or spend an extra 2-3k for one now?... meh, I'd rather wait. Plus these new ones are all updated with hardware fixes, right?
Thinking about joining the line. What have you guys waited from deposit until now? Cointaker website says 6-8 months. I have no problem waiting that long, just wanna know how accurate that is.
=======================================
EDIT: After searching way back, is it fair to say 6-8 months until they ask for final payment, and then 4-8 weeks from final payment to delivery?

I put a deposit down 11 months ago. Haven't heard a word.

#12854 3 years ago

PROS: I easily have the money and the patience to buy this game.
CONS: The timeline constantly changing for others and a history of things going wrong.
Would I rather pay 12,500 for a NIB and wait or spend an extra 2-3k for one now?... meh, I'd rather wait. Plus these new ones are all updated with hardware fixes, right?
Thinking about joining the line. What have you guys waited from deposit until now? Cointaker website says 6-8 months. I have no problem waiting that long, just wanna know how accurate that is.
=======================================
EDIT: After searching way back, is it fair to say 6-8 months until they ask for final payment, and then 4-8 weeks from final payment to delivery?

I'm 6 months in after placing a deposit

#12855 3 years ago

For me, paid in full 15 months after getting on the list (no initial deposit). Game delivered 3 months later.

#12856 3 years ago

Only 4 months for me. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. 2022 can’t come soon enough.

#12857 3 years ago

Rensh how long does shipping to CT take on average? Thanks!

#12858 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

That rug looks reasonable. Where'd you find it?

Did we ever get an answer to this question? I'm sure lot's of guys would be interested in an inexpensive replica option.
Thanks!

#12859 3 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Did we ever get an answer to this question? I'm sure lot's of guys would be interested in an inexpensive replica option.
Thanks!

Ottomanson Ottohome Runner Rug,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XQDCBQE

#12860 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Rensh how long does shipping to CT take on average? Thanks!

waldo34

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12861 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

waldo34
[quoted image]

WOW, that was pretty cool to read each jump they make in shipping. Thanks!

#12862 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Ottomanson Ottohome Runner Rug,... amazon.com link »

Nice find! Now where am I going to put one of those ...

#12863 3 years ago

I put my deposit down today. Don't tell my wife..

#12864 3 years ago

Wouldn't worry about it. You have about two years to cover your tracks.

#12865 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Lol I was going to say the same. May be a Retirement gift so may work out fine.

#12866 3 years ago

I just joined the pre-order club and it feels so good!

MY WHITE WHALE! MY DREAM PIN!

One step closer!

#12867 3 years ago

I just joined the pre-order club and it feels so good!
MY WHITE WHALE! MY DREAM PIN!
One step closer!

Congratulations! Played my friends 1 week ago, it reconfirmed that the long wait will be worth it.

#12868 3 years ago

New folks on the list will be rewarded. By the time your pins arrive updated code will have fixed some tricky issues.

#12869 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I see the humor and understand why you are saying it but if it really takes so long pls come and visit me in the mental hospital

#12870 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

New folks on the list will be rewarded. By the time your pins arrive updated code will have fixed some tricky issues.

1) Nice collection there. You have all the best ones together in one room.

2) What kind of tricky issues we talking here? I did indeed see news about the code being updated (0.54 if I remember correctly) but I haven't read too much about game issues and all that.

#12871 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I see the humor and understand why you are saying it but if it really takes so long pls come and visit me in the mental hospital

Hopefully, with the new facility, lead times will shorten considerably. The photos you shared are impressive.

#12872 3 years ago

1) Nice collection there. You have all the best ones together in one room.
2) What kind of tricky issues we talking here? I did indeed see news about the code being updated (0.54 if I remember correctly) but I haven't read too much about game issues and all that.

Rensh could probably clarify. I can only speak to my own experience. I have owned two: a very early run and a new one. Both games had/have the issues identified in post 105 of the software bugs thread. The software bugs and maintenance threads have great advice. Largely supported by Rensh, cpr9999 and others.

Problems seem largely confined to the rug, its consistent operation during rug modes, and the music playing (or not playing) during rug modes. Since the failures are intermittent, it seems they should be easily corrected software fixes (as opposed to mechanical/design issues).

Even with these issues, its still my favorite game.

And thank you again to Rensh who is churning out documentation, instructions and a manual. These two will assist the TBL club a lot.

#12873 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

I put my deposit down today. Don't tell my wife..

I just did the same & same about the wife, lol

#12874 3 years ago

A printed version of my proto manual for checking purposes .

Am very pleased with how it turned out. Now checking, adding pictures and call it a day that is, till the next release

09F51317-1293-4BEC-A16A-70261C83EFF2 (resized).jpeg09F51317-1293-4BEC-A16A-70261C83EFF2 (resized).jpeg16A57CA4-A733-4BC6-884D-EBA294EF719F (resized).jpeg16A57CA4-A733-4BC6-884D-EBA294EF719F (resized).jpeg8058394D-82E0-4CAB-BA2A-313CA07E54CF (resized).jpeg8058394D-82E0-4CAB-BA2A-313CA07E54CF (resized).jpeg
#12875 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A printed version of my proto manual for checking purposes .
Am very pleased with how it turned out. Now checking, adding pictures and call it a day that is, till the next release
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So much work, wow. Thanks for helping the community. Would love to read a version, even if its still being revised.

Well done.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12876 3 years ago

Got the call. My TBL shows up Monday!

#12877 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Awesome news! Congratulations!!

#12878 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I just looked up your history in this thread and man... it's hard to follow. You were an EA but then you backed out I think? Then you pre-ordered but you also didn't pre-order? I can't follow it!

But I'm stoked that you're finally getting your game. Send pics when you do!

#12879 3 years ago

I just looked up your history in this thread and man... it's hard to follow. You were an EA but then you backed out I think? Then you pre-ordered but you also didn't pre-order? I can't follow it!
But I'm stoked that you're finally getting your game. Send pics when you do!

I was never an EA. That ship had sailed before I was even aware of TBL (possibly before I started collecting pins in 2016?). Long before the ARA fallout I had a $1000 deposit with Nitro for a $10,000 machine (I tried first with Cointaker but they weren't taking more deposits at the time). With the bad news about Tommy at Nitro, I got my deposit back from Nitro. Then Nitro remained and I decided to put my deposit back in for a short time until the news of ARA stopping production came out. I again got my deposit back, thinking TBL was dead. I continued to follow this thread daily until I went on a camping trip with no internet and came back home to find out that the 40 units at ARA were being sold. I called Melissa at Cointaker to find out that of course these games were sold a couple days before. She said that she was creating a list of people that wanted a TBL but wasn't taking any money until they had the game to ship to me. I got on this list and over a year later I was informed that I was up to get a game. I paid in full and 3-4 months later brings us to now when my game is almost here.

#12880 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I was never an EA. That ship had sailed before I was even aware of TBL (possibly before I started collecting pins in 2016?). Long before the ARA fallout I had a $1000 deposit with Nitro for a $10,000 machine (I tried first with Cointaker but they weren't taking more deposits at the time). With the bad news about Tommy at Nitro, I got my deposit back from Nitro. Then Nitro remained and I decided to put my deposit back in for a short time until the news of ARA stopping production came out. I again got my deposit back, thinking TBL was dead. I continued to follow this thread daily until I went on a camping trip with no internet and came back home to find out that the 40 units at ARA were being sold. I called Melissa at Cointaker to find out that of course these games were sold a couple days before. She said that she was creating a list of people that wanted a TBL but wasn't taking any money until they had the game to ship to me. I got on this list and over a year later I was informed that I was up to get a game. I paid in full and 3-4 months later brings us to now when my game is almost here.

Ah, that clarifies it thanks.

The timeline was perhaps pushed back a tad because of covid? I hope anyway. It looks like they amped up production so I hope the distance between my deposit and order isn't as long. What I do know is that the payoff will be magnificent! What a game!

#12881 3 years ago

Finally! A few issues from shipping and factory. Shipping, container was punctured. I thought the damage was limited to three gouges in the back of the head. Once I got it open I found out that the head actually had a joint that was cracked and the side rails are pretty dented. I'm an idiot I didn't have the shipping company note the damage to the package. When I talk to Melissa it didn't sound good for making a claim. I really just want new side rails, Melissa told me that could be months. So if anybody knows where to get replacements, help. As for the game itself. I had one coil just hanging. screws were in the cabinet however the bracket and spring were completely missing. The outline for the ball drain was bent so the ball would get stuck. One switch needed to be adjusted. there were some other issues but in the end the pin is playing great and this dude is happy.

Resized_20210312_103934 (resized).jpegResized_20210312_103934 (resized).jpegResized_20210312_104017 (resized).jpegResized_20210312_104017 (resized).jpeg20210312_114622 (resized).jpg20210312_114622 (resized).jpg20210312_114704 (resized).jpg20210312_114704 (resized).jpg20210312_122051 (resized).jpg20210312_122051 (resized).jpg20210312_183309 (resized).jpg20210312_183309 (resized).jpg
#12882 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Finally! A few issues from shipping and factory. Shipping, container was punctured. I thought the damage was limited to three gouges in the back of the head. Once I got it open I found out that the head actually had a joint that was cracked and the side rails are pretty dented. I'm an idiot I didn't have the shipping company note the damage to the package. When I talk to Melissa it didn't sound good for making a claim. I really just want new side rails, Melissa told me that could be months. So if anybody knows where to get replacements, help. As for the game itself. I had one coil just hanging. screws were in the cabinet however the bracket and spring were completely missing. The outline for the ball drain was bent so the ball would get stuck. One switch needed to be adjusted. there were some other issues but in the end the pin is playing great and this dude is happy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really respect your sunny disposition in all of this. Id be in the corner crying. Its hard enough to wait for a year or longer to receive a game let alone one with multiple issues. Way to make the best of it!

#12883 3 years ago

Fellow Early Achievers, Just wanted to let y'all know #61 just arrived safe and sound in Austin, TX.

The drop tag was ripped off the box and the pallet looked like it lost a battle to a fork lift but the pin survived. I only needed to do some minor adjustments to roll overs and tighten up a few spots.

Looked it up, my first payment was on 2014-07-01 and my final in full payment was 2015-03-03. Hang in there dudes.

IMG_0046 (resized).jpegIMG_0046 (resized).jpeg
#12884 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

Fellow Early Achievers, Just wanted to let y'all know #61 just arrived safe and sound in Austin, TX.
The drop tag was ripped off the box and the pallet looked like it lost a battle to a fork lift but the pin survived. I only needed to do some minor adjustments to roll overs and tighten up a few spots.
Looked it up, my first payment was on 2014-07-01 and my final in full payment was 2015-03-03. Hang in there dudes.
[quoted image]

Congratulations!!

#12885 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

[quoted image]

Great post, congrats.

#12886 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

The drop tag was ripped off the box and the pallet looked like it lost a battle to a fork lift but the pin survived.

Seems like shipping is getting worse and worse. The tip & tell tag was also missing from my TBL and the backglass arrived broken

#12887 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

[quoted image]

Major congrats. #147 right around the bend

#12888 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats. Glad you handled the shipping disaster well.

Many bonus points for sneaking Bunny’s toe into your post.

4A6EB635-3D44-464A-906C-BF5F0E548E55 (resized).jpeg4A6EB635-3D44-464A-906C-BF5F0E548E55 (resized).jpeg
#12889 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

Congratulations! So glad to see more EA’s receiving games. I am anxiously awaiting (EA #70)
Ed

#12890 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Congrats. Glad you handled the shipping disaster well.
Many bonus points for sneaking Bunny’s toe into your post. [quoted image]

LOL, your post made my wife's night. I had a hell of a time getting her to wear the Bunny's bikini.

#12891 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

LOL, your post made my wife's night. I had a hell of a time getting her to wear the Bunny's bikini.

Of course if you really want Bunny’s toe look no further.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-mods

9FB097F6-23EC-4E0A-B65F-D1322194E30A (resized).jpeg9FB097F6-23EC-4E0A-B65F-D1322194E30A (resized).jpeg
#12892 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Of course if you really want Bunny’s toe look no further.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-mods[quoted image]

Good looking toe.

#12893 3 years ago

Sorry to read not everything is going as planned .

Pls sent report of the issues to [email protected]. This even if you fixed them. This than to improve if for the future. Thanks.

#12894 3 years ago

What is the "tip & tell" tag? If its removed, does that mean the shipper tipped it over and doesn't want to tell anyone?

Quoted from Time:

Seems like shipping is getting worse and worse. The tip & tell tag was also missing from my TBL and the backglass arrived broken

#12895 3 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

What is the "tip & tell" tag? If its removed, does that mean the shipper tipped it over and doesn't want to tell anyone?

Most likely

#12896 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Broken backglass sounds awful. Where you able to get new glass or do you need a factory replacement?

#12897 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Broken backglass sounds awful. Where you able to get new glass or do you need a factory replacement?

I just bought a new piece of glass. Didn't seem worth it involving CT or Dutch

#12898 3 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

[quoted image]

That's awesome. It wasn't but a few months ago that we saw #52 show up. That means about 3 EAs per month. At that rate, all EA's will have their game in a little over 3 years! If you are thinking about buying this pin, do it! We are going to see this happy ending eventually!

#12899 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

That's awesome. It wasn't but a few months ago that we saw #52 show up. That means about 3 EAs per month. At that rate, all EA's will have their game in a little over 3 years! If you are thinking about buying this pin, do it! We are going to see this happy ending eventually!

I wanna know ... who’s getting EA#69 DUDE!?!

#12900 3 years ago

Progress is getting made but more like 1 EA a month. Wasn’t #52 redone because it was damaged in shipment?

Quoted from TRAMD:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/258?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.