(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 306.
#12701 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Is there a shaker in this game or is there no room due to the bowling alley mech?

No shaker, but there is room up front. Need code written to take advantage of this usually vs hardwiring in events....

#12702 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Is there a shaker in this game or is there no room due to the bowling alley mech?

I do not see a need for a shaker on this pin. Okay would be nice to feel hits while smashing the car but I am missing nothing.
You can add a shaker to every game. At least connect a relay on a flasher to drive the shaker. I had this over 10 years ago on my MM. Relais connected to the flasher in the moat. Worked very well.
Shaker are a nice thing, but at leat it will loosen your screws and connectors. It is not always usefull.

Regarrding the pictures from the bottom playflield. As I remember there is a dataconnection marked as "mods". This would be great to connect my topper.
Anyone figured out how the connection is realised ? I guess it works the same way as for the AE´s apron lightning.

#12703 3 years ago

This mod Connector is used for the EA apron. And when the lit apron for non achievers comes available it will be needed to for that one.

#12704 3 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

I was asked to post a couple pics of the underside boards, here they are:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beat me to it. You can clearly see that they moved the motor in these pics on our new machines. My biggest worry is that huge ribbon cable being so close to the playfield hinge. Gotta make sure that is nice and tidy before putting the playfield down.

Are you getting airballs on your machine off the standups? That's why I claimed I think my machine has all the improvements other than that. Waiting to hear from DP support.

#12705 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Are you getting airballs on your machine off the standups? That's why I claimed I think my machine has all the improvements other than that. Waiting to hear from DP support.

Here’s the email I sent Barry when I had the same problem:

5AEB4530-18CB-4D1C-B794-6FD56E015F15 (resized).jpeg5AEB4530-18CB-4D1C-B794-6FD56E015F15 (resized).jpeg
#12706 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Here’s the email I sent Barry when I had the same problem:[quoted image]

I got tired of waiting for upgraded stand up targets form DP. I took mine apart, got rid of that junk metal back piece on them. I had two new targets that were laying around, took off the STRONG back metal piece and used them. Was able to peel off the felt pad and super glue them on the new metal. They work kick ass now, no issues anymore of the metal bending back from too many shots and having the balls fly up into the glass and over the flippers. I think they were the round red stand up replacement targets that I bought for a time machine that I was restoring....long story short...they work awesome.

Later

#12707 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I got tired of waiting for upgraded stand up targets form DP. I took mine apart, got rid of that junk metal back piece on them. I had two new targets that were laying around, took off the STRONG back metal piece and used them. Was able to peel off the felt pad and super glue them on the new metal. They work kick ass now, no issues anymore of the metal bending back from too many shots and having the balls fly up into the glass and over the flippers. I think they were the round red stand up replacement targets that I bought for a time machine that I was restoring....long story short...they work awesome.
Later

for the standups on the main playfield I just added an extra (additional) piece of 1/4" thick foam (weatherstripping) and it solved the problem completely.

My parking targets are still giving me grief...particularly the right one, I cannot for the life of me get it to stop vibrating when hit and awarding multiple switch hits. so annoying...

#12708 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This mod Connector is used for the EA apron. And when the lit apron for non achievers comes available it will be needed to for that one.

So we best not use that multi-pin mod connector for our own custom mods then?
Or will there be an ability to tap off of it once the lighted apron is installed?

#12709 3 years ago

Forgot to post these pictures on updates I noticed.

I see nice wiring changes to bowling alley area.
I see FETs/Transitors moved that shorted to bowling alley.
I see reinforcements to targets.
I see car servo motor moved up.

I see a missing circuit board by the pop bumpers...not sure where that went.

And I see 2 new looking stops - can Rensh or someone else comment - those look different - arrows in RED.

NICE improvements DP!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#12710 3 years ago

The arrows in red point to ball control gates. This is a new improved by DP design over the original BW assemblies. Easier to assemble and less sensitive to the springs falling off.

In general DP made changes to the design to make it more robust and/or easier/faster to assemble and/or cheaper to make and/or delivery or quality issues with original supplier.

Barry told me last Saturday that he expects that no or just little changes in the future are to be expected. They tackled all ‘problems’ so far. But you never know and delivery issues in these weird Covid times are a reason to.

2AD6A054-5BA1-42A8-BFCA-57DF319CD717 (resized).jpeg2AD6A054-5BA1-42A8-BFCA-57DF319CD717 (resized).jpeg

#12711 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The arrows in red point to ball control gates. This is a new improved by DP design over the original BW assemblies. Easier to assemble and less sensitive to the springs falling off.
In general DP made changes to the design to make it more robust and/or easier/faster to assemble and/or cheaper to make and/or delivery or quality issues with original supplier.
Barry told me last Saturday that he expects that no or just little changes in the future are to be expected. They tackled all ‘problems’ so far. But you never know and delivery issues in these weird Covid times are a reason to.
[quoted image]

With the car/door servo now moved up to mini playfield....does this now make removing it much easier since there is no compression fitting below the main playfield?

#12712 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

With the car/door servo now moved up to mini playfield....does this now make removing it much easier since there is no compression fitting below the main playfield?

Correct. Have not tried it myself but hearing Barry talk about it it sounds like the mini playfield in a simpsons. It’s just some screws and removing the upper flipper.

#12713 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

[quoted image]

I need to get my hands on those new gate mechs. No matter what modifications or improvements I make to the existing parts, the right gate barely ever opens fast enough to allow well hit fast orbits from the left (Donny).

Can I file a warranty claim or will these “bolt on” improvements be made available to current owners?

#12714 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I need to get my hands on those new gate mechs. No matter what modifications or improvements I make to the existing parts, the right gate barely ever opens fast enough to allow well hit fast orbits from the left (Donny).
Can I file a warranty claim or will these “bolt on” improvements be made available to current owners?

Same thought. Has any asked if some of the new improvements will be available as products to purchase and install on an ARA built TBL?

#12715 3 years ago

Melissa contacted me for shipping info today so my TBL must be shortly on its way! I PIF on 11-9-20 so 2.5 months from payment to shipping.

#12716 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Melissa contacted me for shipping info today so my TBL must be shortly on its way! I PIF on 11-9-20 so 2.5 months from payment to shipping.

Awesome ,congrats. Hope it arrives safe.

#12717 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

When did you first preorder? PIF since September here.

#12718 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Wow that's great news man. Congrats!! I put a deposit early December so maybe I'll hear something next month on mine.

#12719 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Wow that's great news man. Congrats!! I put a deposit early December so maybe I'll hear something next month on mine.

You are comparing a deposit to being paid in full.

#12720 3 years ago

Ahhhhh shoot. Lol!! Yes I am.

#12721 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

When did you first preorder? PIF since September here.

Pre-ordered July 2019.

#12722 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Pre-ordered July 2019.

YIKES

#12723 3 years ago

I guess we just have to hope with the new facility and ramped up production we'll see a decrease in wait times. Melissa seemed fairly confident of this when I ordered in November 2020.We will see. More time to save for that glorious day when I PIF.

#12724 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Pre-ordered July 2019.

July 2019 or 2020? I preordered mine on Jan 28th 2020 and still haven't been given any ETA. Yet as I understand it, some who also pre-ordered from Cointaker, but later on in 2020 have already received their TBL. Am I mistaken?

#12725 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

July 2019, not 2020 right? I preordered mine on Jan 28th 2020 and still haven't been given any ETA.

Yikes 1.5 years....

#12726 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

July 2019 or 2020? I preordered mine on Jan 28th 2020 and still haven't been given any ETA. Yet as I understand it, some who also pre-ordered from Cointaker, but later on in 2020 have already received their TBL. Am I mistaken?

I pre-ordered just a few weeks before you, and received mine a few weeks ago. Have you paid in full yet?

#12727 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I pre-ordered just a few weeks before you, and received mine a few weeks ago. Have you paid in full yet?

Good to know. Just figured I'd inquire here since I'm trying not to bother them. They're aware that I have the funds, but no I haven't been asked to pay yet. Great to see them rolling in to those who have. I can't be too far off!

#12728 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

2019, 1.5 years ago. I called Melissa and got on the list just after the sale of the ~40 ARA units. I never put a deposit down but was repeatedly told by Melissa that I didn't need to when I called her about every 2 months. When I expressed that I was unhappy that people who pre-ordered many months after I did were getting games, it finally happened more quickly.

#12729 3 years ago

SMH, none of this shit makes sense. TRAMD, I get, he had special circumstance before the $1000 deposit thing. Timlah, no idea. How has he not paid in full yet? when I have in Sept, and Tim ordered months before me?

ToucanF16 any update? I don't have the heart to email CT anymore, just to hear arbitrary replies, guesses, whatever you want to call it. NOTHING they have provided has been accurate this whole year.

#12730 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

SMH, none of this shit makes sense. TRAMD, I get, he had special circumstance before the $1000 deposit thing. Timlah, no idea. How has he not paid in full yet? when I have in Sept, and Tim ordered months before me?
toucanf16 any update? I don't have the heart to email CT anymore, just to hear arbitrary replies, guesses, whatever you want to call it. NOTHING they have provided has been accurate this whole year.

Full disclosure and I should have mentioned this before. My circumstances are a little different than most (I think uncommon, but maybe others had this happen to them too?). My pre-order was originally with another distributor and had to be "transferred" to CT back in Sept/Oct (I don't know specifically why so please don't ask). While I'm supposed to still be in the same-ish position in line based on my original Jan 2020 preorder date, I can understand if that's one reason I've had to wait a bit longer. I can only guess that the delay in me not yet being invoiced yet is understandably due to those who had already paid CT in full prior to when my preorder was transferred. That would only make sense and be the right thing to do. But I'm just speculating. Sorry for any confusion. Seems like there are a lot of moving pieces around current production and distribution. I'm confident that CT is doing the best they can with all factors involved. I bet we'll start seeing more consistent delivery ETAs in the near future. I'm just trying to remain as patient as possible at this point (checking this forum everyday probably isn't helping me in that effort ).

#12731 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Full disclosure and I should have mentioned this before. My circumstances are a little different than most (I think uncommon, but maybe others had this happen to them too?). My pre-order was originally with another distributor and had to be "transferred" to CT back in Sept/Oct (I don't know specifically why so please don't ask). While I'm supposed to still be in the same-ish position in line based on my original Jan 2020 preorder date, I can understand if that's one reason I've had to wait a bit longer. I can only guess that the delay in me not yet being invoiced yet is understandably due to those who had already paid CT in full prior to when my preorder was transferred. That would only make sense and be the right thing to do. But I'm just speculating. Sorry for any confusion. Seems like there are a lot of moving pieces around current production and distribution. I'm confident that CT is doing the best they can with all factors involved. I bet we'll start seeing more consistent delivery ETAs in the near future. I'm just trying to remain as patient as possible at this point (checking this forum everyday probably isn't helping me in that effort ).

#12732 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

toucanf16 any update? I don't have the heart to email CT anymore, just to hear arbitrary replies, guesses, whatever you want to call it. NOTHING they have provided has been accurate this whole year.

Lol. Have you not followed this story from the get go? If not. TL;DR you may or may not get a pin, but rest assured, it will be years from know if you do.

#12733 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Have you not followed this story from the get go? If not. TL;DR you may or may not get a pin, but rest assured, it will be years from know if you do.

You're clueless.

#12734 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

You're clueless.

Cool, when have you put down 100% and what is your delivery date? I bet you can answer 1 out 2.

I cant wait for the unboxing, cause lord knows, they are happening at a furious pace!

#12735 3 years ago

What is latest code version / date? When will a substantial update occur?

#12736 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Sounds like I am just ahead of you in line and have thrown up my hands in the air. If i ever get an email requesting payment, the heart attack may do me in.

#12737 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds like I am just ahead of you in line and have thrown up my hands in the air. If i ever get an email requesting payment, the heart attack may do me in.

Fingers crossed they (he) picks up the pace and these great games will be in your and others hands soon. Its the one game that no matter how many times I hear the call outs they still make me smile. Hope yours arrives soon.

#12738 3 years ago

I hope we get a NSNL by March. It would enough time for update on manufacturing increase and some news on the code update since Koen rejoined in December.

#12739 3 years ago

Hello all. Just joined the club. Only issue ball not recognized once it hits the trough. Checked the opto's and wires and plugs and all looks good. Even notices the balls when dropped in on the switch test. Only played about 50 games.

Anyone have an issue like this come up. Thanks.

#12740 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello all. Just joined the club. Only issue ball not recognized once it hits the trough. Checked the opto's and wires and plugs and all looks good. Even notices the balls when dropped in on the switch test. Only played about 50 games.
Anyone have an issue like this come up. Thanks.

I have had this happen to me like 3-4 times in a year of ownership (all close to wacht other, think last time is over 6 months ago) and have seen it once also on another tbl. Did a switch test during gameplay at that moment and switches were seen. Only solution at that moment was to turn tbl off-on again.

I have reported this as an apparent softwarebug in my list to DP.

I am assuming it’s not constant with you. If so, I might be something else.

#12741 3 years ago

Same here. I fiddled with the alignment of the switch to see if it helps. Happens to me on power up then press start game. Ball gets there but launch ball button is dark. I’ve expressed that the ball search include this coil so at least I don’t have to remove the glass to get the ball unstuck. I don’t think enough people are seeing this to get it added to a software update as of yet.

#12742 3 years ago

This arrived today...

IMG_0058 (resized).jpgIMG_0058 (resized).jpg
#12743 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

This arrived today... [quoted image]

F#ck yeah dude!! Congrats, the game is awesome, your gonna love it.

QSS

#12744 3 years ago

Anyone running code .53. My game says .53 but only .51 is available online.

#12745 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Nice...they gave you some beta code!

#12746 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

This arrived today... [quoted image]

Congrats! So you paid in full about 5 months before receiving? My wee heart couldn't take that wait.

#12747 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nice...they gave you some beta code!

I think .53 just has the code for the lighted apron

#12748 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Congrats! So you paid in full about 5 months before receiving? My wee heart couldn't take that wait.

Quoted from jeffro01:

I call and talk to Melissa every couple of weeks. I'm super hopeful my game is shipping soon, been since May I think when I paid.
Thanks,
Jeff

Since May he paid?
Congrats on your TBL and your patience!

#12749 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

So everything is fine. 0.53 is the actual official code ! You dont need it online .. its on your machine

#12750 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Since May he paid?
Congrats on your TBL and your patience!

While it IS correct that I paid in May of 2020, the delay in receiving my game had nothing to do with Melissa/Cointaker/DutchPinball. I was about to get my game roughly 3 months after I paid in full but we ended up moving so I asked to just have my place held until I was settled in the new place. Took about a month from the time I told Melissa I was ready and when the game hit my doorstep and it would have been sooner but Melissa got sick and it slowed her down a bit which I completely understand.

I just wanted to get that out there before anyone started running with my timeline as a representation of what the process normally looks like. I couldn't be more happy with Melissa and how she helped and supported me throughout this process and her patience while I got my ducks in line.

Oh and someone needs to remind Dutch Pinball to put balls in the machine when they ship them... Mine came ball-less but Melissa is taking care of that promptly as well. Luckily this wasn't my first pin... LOL

Thanks,
Jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.