(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 306.
#12651 3 years ago

Just posted some new mods for TBL under development - could use your feedback - thx !
-cpr9999

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/34#post-6062644

#12652 3 years ago

If you already have a TBL then stop posting you’re bullshit butt hurt comments in this pre order group. So sick of the negativity.

#12653 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

If you already have a TBL then stop posting you’re bullshit butt hurt comments in this pre order group. So sick of the negativity.

You must be referring to Lamberger posts on previous page and not my new mods!

#12654 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You must be referring to lamberger posts on previous page and not my new mods!

Haha! Of course my man. You’re good

#12655 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pitty you only post half the review and leave the good part out. Wonder why??
Complete post reads as follows and gives a total perspective of Just experience.
It took me a long time to track down a TBL, and it was worth the wait. I spent an evening at a friends playing and probably only was able to play 5-6 full games. There were lots of issues with the build quality from Dutch: lots of code issues that led to lockups when we were trying to play 4 player games, a flipper coil fell off during one of my games, and the weirdest one was a friend causing a full reboot of the game with just a little bit of static electricity charge

Just pointing out the issues, hoping Dutch ups there game... Considering it's the most expensive pin ever new in box next to GnRCE.
But everyone above might be right... continue building the same quality, they can fix it them selves and deserve to... and don't use a credit card. enjoy

#12656 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sorry to hear about your issues, I have to admit I am surprised to hear of all those problems with your game. I have owned 2 TBL’s and both have been nearly flawless (a couple switch adjustments). My games have had excellent fit and finish and played great.
TBL is a stunningly beautiful game and when it gets a code update it will be top 10 game IMHO.

Not my games, 2 recent games delivered.

Quoted from Flash71:

Got one on order. Hence why I'm posting to bring up the quality mo,mo. As the classic Al Pacino once said,
uh-oh-we-got-a-moron-here (resized).jpguh-oh-we-got-a-moron-here (resized).jpg

#12657 3 years ago

I have to say the TBL is a beautiful machine and
Strongly build , one of the heaviest machines I moved.
TBL has so much fun stuff of the movie in it with many call outs either adult version or non
But ... it desperately need better code which they are working on, so 2021 should see this , also they need to step up their communication with better updates to owners and awaiting future owners.

Every game has a certain experience for fun factor so if your a TBL fan it’s an easy buy

Looking for an different adrenaline rush then get GNR LE And be blown away.

#12658 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I have to say the TBL is a beautiful machine and
Strongly build , one of the heaviest machines I moved.
TBL has so much fun stuff of the movie in it with many call outs either adult version or non
But ... it desperately need better code which they are working on, so 2021 should see this , also they need to step up their communication with better updates to owners and awaiting future owners.
Every game has a certain experience for fun factor so if your a TBL fan it’s an easy buy
Looking for an different adrenaline rush then get GNR LE And be blown away.

particle board is heavy as"shit" when used.
Just decided, sorry guys.. just can't do it...decided to transfer my deposit to Alien. Gonna roll the dice at $7k. Peace, out!

#12659 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Just decided, sorry guys.. just can't do it...decided to transferred my deposit to Alien. Gonna roll the dice at $7k. Peace, out!

Have you ever lifted the playfield?? All the sides and back box shell are engineered wood....

Did you get burned by Dutch Pinball or something??

#12660 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Have you ever lifted the playfield?? All the sides and back box shell are engineered wood....
Did you get burned by Dutch Pinball or something??

I Analyzed the pictures from busted up games during shipping, bottom cab and back of the back boxs, maybe more parts...I should have posted pics, my bad.
Didn't get burned, just don't see the value at $12500. with the build quality/stories. Rather get a GnRLE and save $3000 +tax, and a Alien for sure at $7k. So for an extra $4k, I get 2 amazing games. No big deal, enjoy TBL guys.. I played it a few times already. Its cool, just wasn't impressed with the build quality. Cheers!

#12661 3 years ago

I dont know what a particleboard is but i can say that the build quality of the cabinet is for sure not an issue. It can withstand the comparison with a B/W cabinet any time of the day. I find especially the sides of the cabinet even much better. It has a hard cover and not easily scratched if the playfield goes up down.

But enjoy the Alien. Great theme also and cheaper which could be a valid reason for changing ships. But thinking the build quality of an UNPROVEN manufacturer for less money will be better ......

Hoping Pinball brothers with their subcontractor will not go same way as DP with ARA. Building pinballs is hard. But with Alien, like tbl nowadays, your money should be safe with CT. Big good difference compared to the start of DP in 2014.

#12662 3 years ago

Hey thanks Rensh, we all appreciate you keeping us up to date on everything. Your a great asset to Dutch, hope they know that. And yes, definitely rolling the dice with Alien and PB, but I learned a great trick from the TBL reviews, pay with a credit card and your a$$ is covered;D

#12663 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Hey thanks Rensh, we all appreciate you keeping us up to date on everything. Your a great asset to Dutch, hope they know that. And yes, definitely rolling the dice with Alien and PB, but I learned a great trick from the TBL reviews, pay with a credit card and your a$$ is covered;D

If you don’t trust your distributor to take care of you I guess that’s a wise decision. If you also think that this review is the complete story think again pls.

#12664 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Just decided, sorry guys.. just can't do it...decided to transfer my deposit to Alien. Gonna roll the dice at $7k. Peace, out!

Thank you !! Thank you !!
See you in the Alien Remake Thread ,... do you really expect that a new pinball firm like Pinball Brothers will deliver theit first game without any any little problem ?!
Hopefully we dont see your negative writings here again ! Your next shitstorm will effect Alien, that is for sure.

I wrote yestarday a long text to this TBL owners with all the problems but decided to delete it .... sell the game and buy a JJP or Stern and good is !
It is not worth the work to type.

#12665 3 years ago

Bye bye Lamberger You won’t be missed.

#12666 3 years ago

Not quite sure I understand the concerns here. I’ve just received my TBL this week and the cabinet build quality is among the best I’ve ever seen. I’ve owned machines across different eras from every manufacturer and TBL is built like a tank. If you want to discuss the value of spending 12.5K vs another machine, that’s a different argument. To make a quality assessment based on a couple of grainy photos of machines that were damaged by a fork lift smashing through is not exactly a scientific analysis.

#12667 3 years ago

This Lambergerstuff is bullshit and I do not understand his motivation, expect letting us know that he has the money for a new pinball but is incredibly wise not to buy a TBL. Fine !
Good to read that you are happy with the build quality ... same for me. TBL is not better or worst than all the other machines.
You might get some problems but the community will help.

In friend here in Germany has strange issues with his TBL. He contacted Barry , barry asked him where he lives and offered to come over with spare parts ! At the end my friend got all parts new to test and it worked well for him. I see Gery and Jack travelling around to fix their customers problems ....

So have fun with yout TBL !

#12668 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This Lambergerstuff is bullshit and I do not understand his motivation, expect letting us know that he has the money for a new pinball but is incredibly wise not to buy a TBL. Fine !
Good to read that you are happy with the build quality ... same for me. TBL is not better or worst than all the other machines.
You might get some problems but the community will help.
In friend here in Germany has strange issues with his TBL. He contacted Barry , barry asked him where he lives and offered to come over with spare parts ! At the end my friend got all parts new to test and it worked well for him. I see Gery and Jack travelling around to fix their customers problems ....
So have fun with yout TBL !

Sorry TomDK, Don't mean to come off negative.. It's just my opinion which doesn't matter. Everyone can decide for themselves. I support what Dutch is trying to do... But I realized the biggest part for myself is why should I have to pay $4500 more (+tax 13% in Canada $7000 Canadian total) for a game because Dutch eff'd up there first launch? They should cover the games that are already paid for themselves. Why should I? So, I decided to put my money on machines that are $7000 less. Plus, I wasn't impressed from the build quality when I played one, pictures of TBL materials broken from shipping and reading the 2 reviews above. If your trying to understand my thought process as to why, I hope this helps. It makes sense to me. Alien and GNR for what TBL should be priced at. This is my last post because I officially moved my deposit just now.

For everyone getting TBL, I wish you nothing but the best experience. Cheers!

#12669 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

FYI, article on improvements.
1. Improved cable harness Cabinet and Bowling Alley
2. Added Distribution PCB's for the Cabinet and Bowling Alley
3. Improved Mini Playfield Car Door Assembly (stepper motor moved up to mini playfield)
4. Improved Mini Playfield Parking Targets
And Much more sturdy Playfield Target Brackets
5. Improved Bowling Alley Ball Launcher Assembly
6. Better Bowling Alley Mini Pins mechanism
7. A much nicer decal on the Bowling Alley Pins
8. New Sparkly Gold Paint on the "Boobie" Caps
9. New PET-G "unbreakable" Plastics
10. Much nicer (spray)paint job on the Display panel and the Wood Rails
11. Improved Kickback roll over switch
New code in 2021 too.

I can confirm that my machine does not have item 4, but has the new PETG plastics ( as far as I can tell as they are similar thickness to other plastic protectors I have bought). I believe mine has 8 and 11 also, but I would need to verify all the other items by comparing them to good photos of the mechs from old machines. Happy to do this if anyone cares.

#12670 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I can confirm that my machine does not have item 4, but has the new PETG plastics ( as far as I can tell as they are similar thickness to other plastic protectors I have bought). I believe mine has 8 and 11 also, but I would need to verify all the other items by comparing them to good photos of the mechs from old machines. Happy to do this if anyone cares.

If you're willing to validate whether your new build has the other advertised improvements then that would be helpful to the folks still on the wait list for sure. Part of my motivation to place my deposit was the latest newsletter that advertised all of these improvements...mainly updated code

#12671 3 years ago

When I was in the factory like 4 weeks ago I saw 1,2,3,7,9,10 on new pins. I didn’t really pay attention to the new items so don’t know about the other items.

In regard to the targets. The parking and Russian targets where mounted in a single frame so new to. It are the single targets which had proto targets rejected and new ones designed. I tested them already as mentioned earlier and they are ordered and perhaps even already delivered.

#12672 3 years ago

After browsing through the photos on the TBL owners thread, it seems like my build has:

I don’t know if I have 10, as that’s hard to compare via photos. I definitely do not have 4 and need more photos to verify 5,6.

#12673 3 years ago

Checked with DP and all improvements should be present in current builts

#12674 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Checked with DP and all improvements should be present in current builts

Just curious how they moved the stepper motor up to the mini playfield.

The old design made removing a pain based on the compression fittings.

Any pictures - must be a mini stepper now.

#12675 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How do you remove the upper playfield? to tighten my car, I removed the backpanel and all of the metal components on top of the upper playfield and then just spun the car down and could JUST BARELY get at the screw from underneath without removing the upper playfield.

I am still struggling with the parking targets (one of them vibrates when hits and awards 4-10 switch hits everytime its hit) but to replace it will require removing that playfield....

#12676 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I am still struggling with the parking targets (one of them vibrates when hits and awards 4-10 switch hits everytime its hit) but to replace it will require removing that playfield....

I've been having the same problem since receiving my game in March. I've honestly never been able to play a proper game yet because all attempts to adjust those switches either prevent the bounce/auto-hits OR they prevent the car from opening/stopping properly.

Barry has offered to send a pair of the new/improved switches but after 3 months, I'm still waiting.

#12677 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Same stepper motor direct mounted under the MPF. The axis is a short one direct mounted to the axisdoor. The PCB with the leds had a redesign to make room for the motor.

Have seen it but forgot to take a picture, sorry.

#12678 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

How do you remove the upper playfield? to tighten my car, I removed the backpanel and all of the metal components on top of the upper playfield and then just spun the car down and could JUST BARELY get at the screw from underneath without removing the upper playfield.

Removing the MPF is just a few screws which hold it in place BUT you need to disconnect also the axis of the door from the steppermotor and this is a PITA. Never done it honestly speaking but it takes some effort so to speak ...

Looking at your description I would think te adjusting the switch leafs this would do the job but guess you already tried that.

#12679 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Removing the MPF is just a few screws which hold it in place BUT you need to disconnect also the axis of the door from the steppermotor and this is a PITA. Never done it honestly speaking but it takes some effort so to speak ...
Looking at your description I would think te adjusting the switch leafs this would do the job but guess you already tried that.

Ok, so does the new design make the mini playfield much easier to remove since they moved the motor?

#12680 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I've been having the same problem since receiving my game in March. I've honestly never been able to play a proper game yet because all attempts to adjust those switches either prevent the bounce/auto-hits OR they prevent the car from opening/stopping properly.
Barry has offered to send a pair of the new/improved switches but after 3 months, I'm still waiting.

Hopefully, you arent surprised? Its part of the TBL experience!

#12681 3 years ago

It's a good start to the year here. This arrived today so they are obviously being shipped. For those that will want to know, ordered in the summer (through Nitro), paid in the fall but first machine was damaged in transit to the distributor in early December.

The build quality is great, not sure it the issues mentioned were a one off but the wood and joints on the cabinet are top notch, the playfield looks perfect and aside from one small coil adjustment and one bolt I had to tighten, it plays great out of the box. Good luck and best wishes to everyone else that's in line for one, especially the EA's!

IMG_20210111_121054002 (resized).jpgIMG_20210111_121054002 (resized).jpg
#12682 3 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

It's a good start to the year here. This arrived today so they are obviously being shipped. For those that will want to know, ordered in the summer (through Nitro), paid in the fall but first machine was damaged in transit to the distributor in early December.
The build quality is great, not sure it the issues mentioned were a one off but the wood and joints on the cabinet are top notch, the playfield looks perfect and aside from one small coil adjustment and one bolt I had to tighten, it plays great out of the box. Good luck and best wishes to everyone else that's in line for one, especially the EA's!
[quoted image]

Pics!!!pics!!!

#12683 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Pics!!!pics!!!

It does look remarkably like the other ones out there

thumbnail (5) (resized).jpgthumbnail (5) (resized).jpgthumbnail (6) (resized).jpgthumbnail (6) (resized).jpg
#12684 3 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

It does look remarkably like the other ones out there
[quoted image][quoted image]

Careful with that rug! It ties the room together perfectly, but it won’t hold up to foot traffic.

#12685 3 years ago

Careful with that rug! It ties the room together perfectly, but it won’t hold up to foot traffic.

Yes, that is true.
I worked around and ordered a cheap but nice looking "chinese rug" with TBL musters.
The original rug is hanging on the wall.

IMG_9361 (resized).jpgIMG_9361 (resized).jpg
#12686 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Yes, that is true.
I worked around and ordered a cheap but nice looking "chinese rug" with TBL musters.
The original rug is hanging on the wall.[quoted image]

That rug looks reasonable. Where'd you find it?

#12687 3 years ago

Looks great! Can’t wait for mine.

#12688 3 years ago

Is that true the rugs don't hold up well? I kind of gave up hope after donating day one on this project and haven't been following very well. But I suppose I really don't give a sh!t about the rug as long as I get my game someday, ha! Congrats mac2444 on getting one, looks great

#12689 3 years ago

Looks great congrats on your delivery hopefully this is a good sign that more are on their way

#12690 3 years ago

The rug is from https://beddingde.com/
I am sure it is also available in other countrys. Its chinese stuff and just printed. But is is not too expensive and better wear this than the original.
The original is very very thin quality, it is a gimmick, our cats would destroy it within hours Therefor it is save on the wall as decoration with an playfieldglass as security ....

Just google for the rug ....

#12691 3 years ago

I am curious about other's experiences with time from paying in full with Cointaker to receiving their game? It has been two months so far for me. I was expecting three but wanted to see how long it was for you dudes.

#12692 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I am curious about other's experiences with time from paying in full with Cointaker to receiving their game? It has been two months so far for me. I was expecting three but wanted to see how long it was for you dudes.

17 Weeks for me from paid in full to receiving game.

#12693 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

$1000 down 3/11/20. Paid in full 9/21/20.

#12694 3 years ago

6 months seems to be a legit timeframe

#12695 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

6 months seems to be a legit timeframe

Not when they request full payment and say "We are taking final payments for the games that are shipping in the next 4-6 weeks and yours is one of them."

#12696 3 years ago

I was asked to post a couple pics of the underside boards, here they are:

thumbnail (9) (resized).jpgthumbnail (9) (resized).jpgthumbnail (10) (resized).jpgthumbnail (10) (resized).jpgthumbnail (8) (resized).jpgthumbnail (8) (resized).jpg
#12697 3 years ago

Nice and clean under the hood!!

#12698 3 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

I was asked to post a couple pics of the underside boards, here they are:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks niiiiiccceee!!

#12699 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Mid August for me...

#12700 3 years ago

Is there a shaker in this game or is there no room due to the bowling alley mech?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/254 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.