(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 306.
#12601 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So there are approximately 125 to 150 Lebowski‘s in the world at this point.

No one seems to know, but I am definitely curious myself. I think it may be more than 150 by now as numbers for non-EA games are past 400 now.

#12602 3 years ago

After a long wait.... I have finally joined the club. My TBL has arrived safe and sound, and I looking forward to unboxing. I can't speak the amount of games that are going out, but at least one has made it to a buyer.

IMG_0979 (resized).jpgIMG_0979 (resized).jpgIMG_0980 (resized).jpgIMG_0980 (resized).jpg

#12603 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

After a long wait.... I have finally joined the club. My TBL has arrived safe and sound, and I looking forward to unboxing. I can't speak the amount of games that are going out, but at least one has made it to a buyer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shit you got it. I was just thinking about how I've nearly forgotten about my $12.5k. What was the receiving like? Who ended up delivering it, was it from CT (a container shipped to them). I assume you were contacted for delivery or did that shit just show up out of no where lol

#12604 3 years ago

It took a while but cointaker was always responsive along the way. I think the delays are coming from the international freight. It came via FedEx Freight, who called me the day before but ended up missing the delivery window by two hours.

#12605 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I have no issue with DP’s production rate, but rather Cointaker taking payment for games they clearly don’t have or are not ready to ship. They are also absolutely terrible at communication.

Quoted from okgrak:

It took a while but cointaker was always responsive along the way. I think the deals are coming from the international freight. It came via FedEx Freight, who called me the day before but ended up missing the delivery window by two hours.

Seems to contradict all your previous posts? Congrats and enjoy that awesome game.

#12606 3 years ago

I love that Tip/Drop 'n' Tell tech

Received my pin shortly before Xmas via FedEx (well, TNT, who were recently bought by FedEx). Avoided all the shipping malarkey that the UK temporarily suffered from.

Barry was really helpful, and it's so great to see Dutch Pinball succeeding now, as they deserve to. It is a truly great machine. The Dude abides.

#12607 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems to contradict all your previous posts? Congrats and enjoy that awesome game.

I guess I'm in a better mood because it arrived intact in perfect shape. , but yes it took forever, and over 17 weeks from the time I submitted payment, if thats want you want to hear

#12608 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I guess I'm in a better mood because it arrived intact in perfect shape. , but yes it took forever, and over 17 weeks from the time I submitted payment, if thats want you want to hear

over 17 weeks? Really? Alot of people paid in full in 2015, about 130 of them still waiting.

#12609 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

over 17 weeks? Really? Alot of people paid in full in 2015, about 130 of them still waiting.

Obviously I'm talking about new buyers, not EAs.

#12610 3 years ago

Hi all, I would love to own TBL.

Is there any difference between the EAs the non-EAs other than the plague and serial #?

CT says 6-8 months out to ship after deposit. Is that correct or is it taking longer?

#12611 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Is there any difference between the EAs the non-EAs other than the plague and serial #?
CT says 6-8 months out to ship after deposit. Is that correct or is it taking longer?

The EAs also have the rug - I think that’s still just EAs - and the EAs going out now (vs old production ones during ARA days) have the fancy apron and apron lighting /code. Not sure how you would get your hands on an EA though, short of buying an older one for sale

#12612 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

The EAs also have the rug - I think that’s still just EAs - and the EAs going out now (vs old production ones during ARA days) have the fancy apron and apron lighting /code. Not sure how you would get your hands on an EA though, short of buying an older one for sale

Rug was going out with all pinballs I thought.

#12613 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Rug was going out with all pinballs I thought.

Yeah I wasn’t sure on that - you’re probably right, everyone wants a way to tie the room together

#12614 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Isn’t there also a light-up EA apron?

#12615 3 years ago

Yes, EA is the plague and the apron.

Chrome armor, rug is on all machines.
A lighted apron will be available as an extra within next month i think.

Gratulation to your TBL , have fun !

Quoted from foxtj24:

You got my thumb down because everybody knows that there are many many AE still waiting for ther fiull payed games, but everybody knows also that DP hast to sell to "new customers" to get money for the AE machines. That is not a secret, this is a known fact therefor I dont like the ironic. Yes .. AE´s are still in the shit, but no reason to become sarcastic in my opinion.

#12616 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

If you are speaking of the original EA machines vs new production then yes. A month or two ago DP made quite a few manufacturing improvements that are added to all the new builds. Check in this thread for a post about it.

#12617 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

That was the timeframe Melissa told me as well when I ordered mine so that is very encouraging. April can’t come fast enough. Enjoy you’re pin!! Keep us updated with any issues you may find.

#12618 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

That was the timeframe Melissa told me as well when I ordered mine so that is very encouraging. April can’t come fast enough. Enjoy you’re pin!! Keep us updated with any issues you may find.

FYI that's 17 weeks after I paid in full, NOT after I paid my deposit.

#12619 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Melissa told you it would be over 17 weeks after paying in full $12.5k?

#12620 3 years ago

Here you go...
Dear Sean
Firstly, we hope you are staying safe and healthy through these unusual times!
We hope you will enjoy this update about production, software, our new facility and some other stuff we want to share with you! So put on your bowling shirt and let's get rolling!
Production update
It has been about a year since we started (again) with the production of the game. Much has changed since then. We have now found a good flow in production and we now build about 4 games per week.
The biggest challenge turns out to be sourcing parts. With about 650 different parts and 2500 parts in total that we buy from about 70 different suppliers AND the Worldwide pandemic, it is quite a challenge to get everything right and on time. This part of the production is probably even more difficult than manufacturing the game itself, but we have also mastered this part of production by now. And so it's time for the next BIG step!
Two weeks ago - on October 28 - we signed the lease for a new building. The new building is about five times the size of our current building and offers the opportunity to expand production. Our goal is to get to at least 10 games per week within a few months. We will move in a few weeks and the new location will be fully operational from December 1st.
So - as we speak - we are looking for new people to join our team.
Our new HQ:
Koen is back at the base!
We are happy to announce that programmer Koen is back at Dutch Pinball! From December, Koen will join our team again and will, among other things, continue working on software updates for The Big Lebowksi and other (future) projects.
Game Improvements
When we started manufacturing games again in our own facility last year we faced quite some new challenges. Building a complex machine like this is very time consuming and this motivated us to improve the game further and make it easier and faster to assemble. Now that we are in full control of production we have made a lot of improvements to the game.
To name a few:
Improved cable harness Cabinet and Bowling Alley
Added Distribution PCB's for the Cabinet and Bowling Alley
Improved Mini Playfield Car Door Assembly (stepper motor moved up to mini playfield)
Improved Mini Playfield Parking Targets
Much more sturdy Playfield Target Brackets
Improved Bowling Alley Ball Launcher Assembly
Better Bowling Alley Mini Pins mechanism
A much nicer decal on the Bowling Alley Pins
New Sparkly Gold Paint on the "Boobie" Caps
New PET-G "unbreakable" Plastics
Much nicer (spray)paint job on the Display panel and the Wood Rails
Improved Kickback roll over switch
Early Achiever Delivery Planning
At the moment, one of the four games we build is an EA. We expect that in a few months we will be able to ramp up to ten games a week and then we want to make 3, or even 4 out of 10 games an EA game. As soon as we are running at a fixed pace, we will send every EA an email with an expected delivery date.
We hope you appreciated and enjoyed this update. We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to tell you.
Until then, stay tuned.
Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball
[quoted image]
Sounds like they have made some good upgrades to the game, also more code coming is great news!

FYI, article on improvements.

1. Improved cable harness Cabinet and Bowling Alley
2. Added Distribution PCB's for the Cabinet and Bowling Alley
3. Improved Mini Playfield Car Door Assembly (stepper motor moved up to mini playfield)
4. Improved Mini Playfield Parking Targets
And Much more sturdy Playfield Target Brackets
5. Improved Bowling Alley Ball Launcher Assembly
6. Better Bowling Alley Mini Pins mechanism
7. A much nicer decal on the Bowling Alley Pins
8. New Sparkly Gold Paint on the "Boobie" Caps
9. New PET-G "unbreakable" Plastics
10. Much nicer (spray)paint job on the Display panel and the Wood Rails
11. Improved Kickback roll over switch

New code in 2021 too.

#12621 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

If you are speaking of the original EA machines vs new production then yes. A month or two ago DP made quite a few manufacturing improvements that are added to all the new builds. Check in this thread for a post about it.

On those improvements .....I did not think all are being applied yet to the new machines?

Did they all get applied to your machine?

Does anyone know timing - Rensh ?

#12622 3 years ago

Hi, does anyone have a picture for me where the translite and the lcd will be connected?
Taken photos myself, but fingers are in front. stupid

Thanks

Vincent

#12623 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

On those improvements .....I did not think all are being applied yet to the new machines?
Does anyone know timing - rensh ?

You beat me to it. When did these changes get implemented? are they all implemented at once or has it been gradual or are they being implemented at all yet?

Will any of these improvements (improved parking target switches for example) be available for upgrades to existing machines?

Will DP make ALL or some of these upgrades available to current owners? (Think JJP - Hobbit kit where they sent several upgrades to all owners for free)

#12624 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Does anyone know timing - rensh ?

I think most are already now on the pin.

I do know however that the first standup targets against airballs were unfortunately rejected but improved version proto was there mid dec 2020 and I took some for testing Home which went fine. I know final version is ordered at least but don’t know if already delivered. Don’t expect this will take long.

Don’t know about the boobie caps and improved ball launcher. Rest is for sure implemented I think.

#12625 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Melissa told you it would be over 17 weeks after paying in full $12.5k?

I ordered early December and she eluded that I would be looking late April approximately.We will see how that pans out with the new facility and ramped up production. I’m happy to wait for a solid machine.

#12626 3 years ago

Maybe you guys can help. Thinking of ordering a game. It’s a blast to play. Only thing holding me back is all the swearing in the game. My family regularly plays all our games and wondering how the family friendly mode is. I’ve looked and can’t seem to find any streams with it enabled. While I know it won’t be true to the movie, I’m wondering if it just beeps the audio out or changes the words? Are all the sweats removed or just big ones. Any insight would be helpful. Maybe someone could shoot a quick 5 min video with it on? Appreciate the feedback.

#12627 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Maybe you guys can help. Thinking of ordering a game. It’s a blast to play. Only thing holding me back is all the swearing in the game. My family regularly plays all our games and wondering how the family friendly mode is. I’ve looked and can’t seem to find any streams with it enabled. While I know it won’t be true to the movie, I’m wondering if it just beeps the audio out or changes the words? Are all the sweats removed or just big ones. Any insight would be helpful. Maybe someone could shoot a quick 5 min video with it on? Appreciate the feedback.

Family friendly mode, it allows all regular stuff, screen video is played safe just the swears profanity is muted

#12628 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Video of family mode

#12629 3 years ago

Thank you. I took a look at it. A little hard to hear over the talking but between this and the previous post I have a great idea. Thanks again!

Quoted from cpr9999:

Video of family mode

#12630 3 years ago

So your kids can grow up in a perfect environment
Are you sute they never heard about the bad words used in the movie ?

However ... there is a options to bring the game on kids level like on some others.
If you play with your buddys, if older than 21, dont forget to remove the family mode

#12631 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Family friendly mode, it allows all regular stuff, screen video is played safe just the swears profanity is muted

So no "Do you see what happens when you meet a stranger in the Alps" then?

#12632 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So no "Do you see what happens when you meet a stranger in the Alps" then?

I was really hoping for that...I’d probably play it on family friendly mode more often if they had the TV edits

#12633 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I was really hoping for that...I’d probably play it on family friendly mode more often if they had the TV edits

They had enough licensing excitement as-is so I get it, but would've been a cool little Easter egg!

#12634 3 years ago

Anyone heard anything about the 10 units that were supposed to arrive November, December, end of the year, now this week?

Though they are reasonably responsive, tired of e-mailing CT.

#12635 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Anyone heard anything about the 10 units that were supposed to arrive November, December, end of the year, now this week?

They went to every state Excluding Wisconsin. Customs isn't allowed to pass the cheddar curtain.

#12636 3 years ago

Guy wins a free pinball and gets extra sassy.

Booo!

#12637 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Guy wins a free pinball and gets extra sassy.
Booo!

Hey!! Had to give the NewlyWed a poke before he Looses his man card and freedom! lolol

#12638 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Look above, one received this week.

#12639 3 years ago

Glad to see these are going out again.

#12640 3 years ago

Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you FEED a HIPPY scrambled eggs!!!???

#12641 3 years ago

Christmas gift from my wife

Thanks Yelobird

DE09D1FF-2412-4C8E-BDF0-412DC03CD0FE (resized).jpegDE09D1FF-2412-4C8E-BDF0-412DC03CD0FE (resized).jpeg
#12642 3 years ago

Thanks Yelobird
[quoted image]

I hope one of these shows up at Blairally. I'm not the only one who would pour quarters into it. Dream theme!

#12643 3 years ago

Thanks Yelobird
[quoted image]

Very nice, this is my version:

IMG_9708 (resized).jpgIMG_9708 (resized).jpg
#12644 3 years ago

Looks Like Figgins got his money back so that's good news. Maybe buying with a credit card is the way to go.

Figgins
Pinside member

CA Ottawa, ON

2y24,25032229
STOP STOP STOP , take a second and reach out to Player 1,Jersey Jack, Stern or Chicago Gaming. Do not throw your money away on a made in China quality pin ! I was over the moon excited when I first heard there was a Lebowski pin. I was even more excited when I was able to get my deposit down on a unit! That is about when my nightmare began and I got in to the loan a sketchy start up pinball company 20k for most of a year business. I was told to pay the remaining balance 18k and change, and that my game was ready to come off the line it would ship within a few days(by end of work week) I paid in full on my credit card(thank gawd I bought with my visa) ... A week goes by, two weeks go by three weeks go by...no tracking number delayed and vauge responses from the retailer....1 moth goes by..no game TWO Months goes by, Three months arrive...I finally get word my game is shipped...The retailer claimed Dutch was waiting on parts and my game was on hold until then. I later found out units did leave the factory but I was put on the back burner AFTER THEY HAD 20K OF MY MONEY FOR THREE MONTHS! SOOOOO, game arrives I have multiple people come for an unboxing party (mid summer, I paid for the game in full in March) Plethora of issues.. and just an insane amount of poor workmanship and corners cut wherever possible.. If you turn the volume up over half way..the speakers distort..back and bottom of cabnet are particle board...Game was unplayable and after the 3rd game, a coil on the lower playfield caught fire lol and filled my garage with burning plastic smell and shock from all that attended. The ramp was drilled in the the playfield, broken plastics all over, scratched lockdown bar out of the box. It looked like it had been on location for a while then sent out.....Decals were peeling off the cabnet, the back head was creases due to overstrapping...I could go on and on...The retailer placed blame on me for unboxing it (WTF) I had to threaten to get Visa involved to get any kind of customer service from the retailer. They blamed the manufacturer and then passed me on to them to try and rectify the situation.... After a bunch of back and forth (a better part of a month with an unplayable game in my garage) The retailer/manufacturer agreed to have me send the game back and send me a new game. I was gauranteed that my game would be the next one out, I asked Barry(head of Dutch) to sign the backglass) (this was to ensure he gave it a once over before it left the factory) I had posted a completely honest review on pinside about my game and was asked to take it down because it had caused people to change their deposit to another game(whomever I saved from this pile of junk, you are welcome, lol). I obliged, so the waiting game began, one week, two weeks three weeks 1 month, two months...responses not sent to my inquiry on where my replacement game was...THREE MONTHS go by, games have gone out..just not to me.....How crazy has this got, I paid 20k, I now have no game in my possession, paid over 20k and am getting ignored by the manufacturer....Complete madness.....I get told by the retailer"oh, Dutch is now moving their shop and this has caused the delay" I then asked for a refund untill my game arrives or another game to use of similar value ....
Neither is obliged .....I finally(8months after paying in full for my game) Get somewhere with speaking with Visa, they agreed that I made every attempt to reasonably rectify the situation and that I should be refunded .....The retailer gets notified of this and like a gust of wind I finally get a response, they will send me my money back. Lol, and like a true relic , they send me a cheque in the snail mail... absolutely bush league.... AVIOD this game and company at all cost.

Above is a small condensed version of what happened, feel free to reach out if anyone wants the complete story !!! BUY FROM PLAYER 1, JERSEY JACK, OR CHICAGO GAMING...AVOID DUTCH AT ALL COST! I

I bought one brand new and it has been a nightmare. I will post complete details of the nightmare I had dealing with Dutch. If you want a quality game buy a Jersey Jack. Game is made of poor quality materials, wherever corners can be cut they have been cut. It is not worth more than a Stern pro at best. AVOID this game!
Figgins edited previous rating on January 08, 2021.
Figgins currently owns this game. 4 Pinsiders flagged this rating/review. 2 Pinsiders starred this rating !

#12645 3 years ago

Looks like JustEverett had some issues as well.

JustEverett
Wichita Pinball (WPC)

US Wichita, KS

3y102K841857
It took me a long time to track down a TBL, and it was worth the wait. I spent an evening at a friends playing and probably only was able to play 5-6 full games. There were lots of issues with the build quality from Dutch: lots of code issues that led to lockups when we were trying to play 4 player games, a flipper coil fell off during one of my games, and the weirdest one was a friend causing a full reboot of the game with just a little bit of static electricity charge.

#12646 3 years ago

With the current price points, I can see why Dutch is losing sales to Alien, GnrLE and Led Zeppelin. Know about 7 buddy's now that have switched deposits.

#12647 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

With the current price points, I can see why Dutch is losing sales to Alien, GnrLE and Led Zeppelin. Know about 7 buddy's now that have switched deposits.

Sadly none of those are TBL though. There is only one Dude.

#12648 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Sorry to hear about your issues, I have to admit I am surprised to hear of all those problems with your game. I have owned 2 TBL’s and both have been nearly flawless (a couple switch adjustments). My games have had excellent fit and finish and played great.

TBL is a stunningly beautiful game and when it gets a code update it will be top 10 game IMHO.

#12649 3 years ago

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png

#12650 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Looks like JustEverett had some issues as well.
JustEverett
Wichita Pinball (WPC)
US Wichita, KS
3y102K841857
It took me a long time to track down a TBL, and it was worth the wait. I spent an evening at a friends playing and probably only was able to play 5-6 full games. There were lots of issues with the build quality from Dutch: lots of code issues that led to lockups when we were trying to play 4 player games, a flipper coil fell off during one of my games, and the weirdest one was a friend causing a full reboot of the game with just a little bit of static electricity charge.

Pitty you only post half the review and leave the good part out. Wonder why??

Complete post reads as follows and gives a total perspective of Just experience.

With all the bad out of the way, I can go on to the good. For me, this a grail theme, and I think with time and coding updates this could be a really great game. Dutch was very very ambitious with this project, and it shows. The upper pf is a lot of fun and the main pf has a ton going on. Whoever did the covers of the music tracks did a really nice job of making them sound like the originals. The lightshow on the Nihilist mode is great and the music for the mode fits really well. I had a lot of fun playing the game despite the persistent issues. I'm sure if I spent more time, the lack of code would start to bother me, but didn't in this first session. I'm looking forward to playing TBL again in the future, and seeing what Dutch can do with the code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/253?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.