(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,707 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Dkjimbo
  • Topic is favorited by 214 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,116 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5AEB4530-18CB-4D1C-B794-6FD56E015F15 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail (8) (resized).jpg
thumbnail (10) (resized).jpg
thumbnail (9) (resized).jpg
IMG_9361 (resized).jpg
thumbnail (6) (resized).jpg
thumbnail (5) (resized).jpg
IMG_20210111_121054002 (resized).jpg
uh-oh-we-got-a-moron-here (resized).jpg
tenor (resized).png
IMG_9708 (resized).jpg
DE09D1FF-2412-4C8E-BDF0-412DC03CD0FE (resized).jpeg
IMG_0979 (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpg
AA118CB0-3E9A-4B05-A2B4-81C4D0EC4F68 (resized).jpeg
Dude toast.gif

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12707 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 255.
#12451 53 days ago

Has anyone worked on the bowling alley? I am having problems with pins registering hits, especially when the single pin is moving around. Very solid hits on pins are not registering.

Thanks

#12452 53 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This week they are also busy at the old location in finishing up 8 pcs. Picture attached. I think already more than halve if the inventory is moved.

Thanks for the update. Do you know how many of those 8 are EA games and what #EA game they are up to? Would be nice to hear the progress they are making in shipping EA games. The last one I am aware of was #59

#12453 52 days ago

Based on the aprons I saw at least 1 EA and I think also one was boxed up.

Don’t know which number it was, sorry.

#12454 52 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Has anyone worked on the bowling alley? I am having problems with pins registering hits, especially when the single pin is moving around. Very solid hits on pins are not registering.
Thanks

I have had this issue as well and am currently researching means of fine tuning/calibrating bowling mech.

#12455 52 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have had this issue as well and am currently researching means of fine tuning/calibrating bowling mech.

I see know I put this in the wrong TBL thread.

Thanks TD. Let me know if you come up with anything.

#12456 52 days ago

Has anyone heard from Melissa/Cointaker in the past week or so? I've got 2 emails and phone calls out to her and have heard nothing back in almost 2 weeks. She's normally very responsive. I was supposed to get my non-EA version this month (I preordered in Jan 2020). The last correspondence I got from her was about the DP move to the new facility which may cause a delay and that "there are a few orders in front of yours." While I can totally understand the delay due to the new facility move, I don't understand why no one is responding to me . I also have not been told where I am in the list or how many are ahead of me. Has anyone else been given an actual delivery ETA by Cointaker for Nov or Dec or have any insight?

Added 48 days ago:

EDIT 11/29/20: Crossing out this post b/c Melissa got back to me today and most definitely wasn't ignoring me. I think I'm just being too impatient. Apparently they (she) gets like 200-300 emails per day this time of year as it's their busiest. The fact that the latest 2 of 4 TBLs they received showed up damaged are not helping the delivery ETA situation for anyone including myself. With the increased production by DP in the coming weeks after getting more settled into their new facility (mentioned recently in this thread) I think ETAs and comms will improve. I trust that she, cointaker, and DP are trying their best!

#12457 52 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Has anyone heard from Melissa/Cointaker in the past week or so? I've got 2 emails and phone calls out to her and have heard nothing back in almost 2 weeks. She's normally very responsive. I was supposed to get my non-EA version this month (I preordered in Jan 2020). The last correspondence I got from her was about the DP move to the new facility which may cause a delay and that "there are a few orders in front of yours." While I can totally understand the delay due to the new facility move, I don't understand why no one is responding to me . I also have not been told where I am in the list or how many are ahead of me. Has anyone else been given an actual delivery ETA by Cointaker for Nov or Dec or have any in

Probably because hundreds of others are asking the same questions, and they cant answer that.

#12458 52 days ago

I’ve written Barry three or four times now about wire forms and illuminated apron for non-EA TBLs. Has anybody heard from him recently?

#12459 52 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Probably because hundreds of others are asking the same questions, and they cant answer that.

Best way to run a business especially when ordering expensive toys - no communication!

Wonder how many people will order from other distributors for their future purchases?

#12460 52 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Has anyone heard from Melissa/Cointaker in the past week or so? I've got 2 emails and phone calls out to her and have heard nothing back in almost 2 weeks. She's normally very responsive. I was supposed to get my non-EA version this month (I preordered in Jan 2020). The last correspondence I got from her was about the DP move to the new facility which may cause a delay and that "there are a few orders in front of yours." While I can totally understand the delay due to the new facility move, I don't understand why no one is responding to me . I also have not been told where I am in the list or how many are ahead of me. Has anyone else been given an actual delivery ETA by Cointaker for Nov or Dec or have any insight?

I also preordered in January and paid in full on Sept 1. My game was supposed to ship this week, but some of the machines arrived
damaged, so I won’t be getting one. “A few more weeks”. You’re probably right behind me on the list.

#12461 52 days ago

Shipping is always a major nightmare in November & December so delays are expected
Also during those months you really don’t want to ship DHL / FDX / UPS Due to damages most likely happening during that time.
There is so much strain on them now with Covid.
It’s best to wait till it gets better After the Holiday season.
Ocean ports are backlogged for weeks to months

With that said you can always ship airport to airport and get your own game that way pretty quick , just use shipping agent and clearing agent.
Just my 2 cents

#12462 51 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Even if they can't answer the question, they should reply to emails and phone calls saying so. No communication is terrible business practice. Sounds like I'm in the same boat as others. It's good to know that I'm not the only one but also very concerning. If you work in customer service or sales, you reply to your customer / buyer even if the reply is "no update." You shouldn't just leave them hanging. Just saying...

#12463 51 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I also preordered in January and paid in full on Sept 1. My game was supposed to ship this week, but some of the machines arrived
damaged, so I won’t be getting one. “A few more weeks”. You’re probably right behind me on the list.

But you at least got a response from Melissa/Cointaker recently? For me it's been almost a month. Two weeks of cordial emails and phone calls. Nothing...

#12464 51 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Saw pictures of the damaged TBLs when I was at DP earlier this week.

Apparently the truck carrying two TBLs was envolved in a car accident and looking at the pictures the truck went on his side and the TBLs thus also and the TBLs made a slide of a lot of meters on their side over the road. The side of a TBL I saw had the cartonbox ripped off and decals worn of way into the bare wood. Glass shattered.

Both TBLs are total loss. Horrible sight. But what can DP do? It’s a major freight company and packaging is fine, not much different as Sterns I unpacked. If a truck decides to continu the journey on its side or a forklift decided to penetrate the Tbl with the forks?

But this is a real bummer indeed.

#12465 51 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Saw pictures of the damaged TBLs when I was at DP earlier this week.
Apparently the truck carrying two TBLs was envolved in a car accident and looking at the pictures the truck went on his side and the TBLs thus also and the TBLs made a slide of a lot of meters on their side over the road. The side of a TBL I saw had the cartonbox ripped off and decals worn of way into the bare wood. Glass shattered.
Both TBLs are total loss. Horrible sight. But what can DP do? It’s a major freight company and packaging is fine, not much different as Sterns I unpacked. If a truck decides to continu the journey on its side or a forklift decided to penetrate the Tbl with the forks?
But this is a real bummer indeed.

No one is blaming so here. He is just asking for better communication from cointaker, which is the bare minimum they can do.

#12466 51 days ago

Man it’s always something. Now a car crash? The excuses are endless.

Happy thanksgiving preorder club.

#12467 51 days ago

How on earth is that game still for sale at $14000 here and no one bought it? It even comes with backup playfields. The second hand cost seems to have leveled out with NIB, I can’t believe no one has jumped on that.

#12468 51 days ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

How on earth is that game still for sale at $14000 here and no one bought it? It even comes with backup playfields. The second hand cost seems to have leveled out with NIB, I can’t believe no one has jumped on that.

I mentioned to him add to forum for comment and visibility. Also, be willing to ship and he would have sold it for more by now.

He is limiting his selling pool to locals.

FYI

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102453

#12469 51 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I mentioned to him add to forum for comment and visibility. Also, be willing to ship and he would have sold it for more by now.
He is limiting his selling pool to locals.
FYI
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102453

Yes I just can’t believe it’s still sitting. At $14k it’s the best value out there with the extras hands down. Especially for those who don’t want to wait...and wait....and wait...and wait...like most of us have

#12470 51 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Man it’s always something. Now a car crash? The excuses are endless.
Happy thanksgiving preorder club.

Are you implying here this accident didn’t happen and it’s fake news?

#12471 51 days ago

FWIW, in regards to all of those who are dealing with poor communications, I feel for you. In my case it was with DP directly - not Coin Taker, but the extended periods of radio silence were super aggravating. This has always been a weak point with DP unfortunately and I'm betting that Coin Taker is dealing with it too. Thank God for rensh's updates!

On the bright side, I can honestly tell you that once you get your game, you will likely love it as Barry and the DP team have created a masterpiece! It's not perfect, but it is super fun to play and they have totally captured the movie's vibe. More code, if and when it comes, will be extra frosting on the cake!

Although I now feel somewhat guilty posting on this thread as a TBL owner, I am truly thankful for it and sincerely hope that all the remaining EA's and new purchasers get to experience the same joy as soon as possible!

Happy Thanksgiving, hang in there, and best wishes to all TBL fans in the meantime!

#12472 51 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Are you implying here this accident didn’t happen and it’s fake news?

I have no doubt the car crash happened. But how many pinball companies get side-tracked by a car crash? Involving two games? Probably means months more waiting for everyone. Oh well. First world problem.

#12473 51 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I have no doubt the car crash happened. But how many pinball companies get side-tracked by a car crash? Involving two games? Probably means months more waiting for everyone. Oh well. First world problem.

Don't think anyone is saying that they got side-tracked, just that two games were damaged and that it's a bummer.

#12474 51 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Best way to run a business especially when ordering expensive toys - no communication!
Wonder how many people will order from other distributors for their future purchases?

Hopefully people are learning to quit funding these failed startup! Produce a pin and have it ready for sale.

#12475 51 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Even if they can't answer the question, they should reply to emails and phone calls saying so. No communication is terrible business practice. Sounds like I'm in the same boat as others. It's good to know that I'm not the only one but also very concerning. If you work in customer service or sales, you reply to your customer / buyer even if the reply is "no update." You shouldn't just leave them hanging. Just saying...

If you have read this entire thread, and still put money down on a pin that has no guarantees of making it across the line, you must not be too concerned. Not trying to be a jerk, but the issues, while being worked on, have been there for many years for all to see. Id love to have a TBL someday.

#12476 50 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hopefully people are learning to quit funding these failed startup! Produce a pin and have it ready for sale.

Expect the EA´s:

THIS is what is going on. Order a pin from DP, wait some month, get a call, transfer the money and drive the next day by to pickup your game.
It worked for me and many others.
Dont blame DP for the business of CoinTaker. As the name says .. he will take your coins.

#12477 50 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Expect the EA´s:
THIS is what is going on. Order a pin from DP, wait some month, get a call, transfer the money and drive the next day by to pickup your game.
It worked for me and many others.
Dont blame DP for the business of CoinTaker. As the name says .. he will take your coins.

Yep , worked for me same way also
Got a call , picked up next day from DP

#12478 49 days ago

So, spent the day helping DP with the move. Setting up racks with a good friend the whole day.

Estimate that coming week will be used to put everything on The right spot and filling up the racks with parts. The week after regular production should start up again. So downtime limited to 1-2 weeks.

Dec 1 first new employee will start also.

So let’s all hope for an increasing production rate

1479492E-2163-487A-BEF7-B0A44B9A2412 (resized).jpeg5A24FF05-B621-4343-941B-34E3F664F8FB (resized).jpegDFF1354A-A4BC-4DC7-90C7-7BA135849A65 (resized).jpegFFFA3219-A18E-4A5A-AFE1-7754D58247B2 (resized).jpeg
#12479 49 days ago

Maybe DP gets a larger profit margin selling locally and cointaker ends up with the seconds.
This would explain why cointaker has trouble answering delivery questions.

It’s awesome seeing they are ramping up production and new code.
Good luck DP

#12480 49 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, spent the day helping DP with the move. Setting up racks with a good friend the whole day.
Estimate that coming week will be used to put everything on The right spot and filling up the racks with parts. The week after regular production should start up again. So downtime limited to 1-2 weeks. ...

God, that looks like a lot of work!

I HATE moving.

#12481 49 days ago

All I want for Christmas........

#12482 49 days ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Maybe DP gets a larger profit margin selling locally and cointaker ends up with the seconds.
Good luck DP

Not to defend Cointaker but for me they have been nothing short of perfection on Every transaction for as long as I have dealt with them. As for communication, let's not forget the only answers they can share are those that come from DP which let's be honest, they still don't know what they are doing tomorrow? Even as a customer technically the Only communication or updates we get are from a second party friend as a rumor via a forum. VERY much appreciate Rensh and his feedback just not sure why DP can't also communicate with it's customers? Maybe Cointaker should just call Rensh???

#12483 48 days ago

You see that Cointaker has not the time to answer all mails .. How should a 5 persons pinball manufacturer do so ?
Isn´t it more important that Barry orders parts, coordinates the building processes and takes care on boxing and shipping than writing emails and WhattsApp: "Yes your game is in the line, no it is not build yet ... blabla, smalltalk ..."

I also asked him some questions 2 weeks ago but I do not ecpect an answer until the movement is done.
A distributor is to distribute ... european customers can only contact Barry himself.

But, you are right, at least there shoud be a contact bewteen Cointaker and Barry , and Cointaker should have some answers for its customers.

#12484 47 days ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Good luck DP

Or maybe production is simply just not going as fast as the demand for the game would like it to be...?

Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.

#12485 47 days ago
Quoted from waldo34:

All I want for Christmas........

Well I sell you mine for $13k
You can have it before Xmas

#12486 46 days ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Thanks for the offer, like many, I am stick since CT has my money. Otherwise, I would have driven to St Louis and purchased that one in the market.

#12487 46 days ago

Imagine paying in full in 2014...relax guys.

#12488 46 days ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Were you able to get all your issues sorted out?

#12489 46 days ago

Is it just me or does TBL look like it has a butter cabinet? The cabinet is beautiful!

#12490 46 days ago

Has Dutch done a new run of cabinets and playfields yet or are they still working off the stock they got back from ARA?

#12491 46 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Were you able to get all your issues sorted out?

Got my cables sorted , Needed some securing
Still trying to get sub going all the time

#12492 46 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is it just me or does TBL look like it has a butter cabinet? The cabinet is beautiful!

Its decals but very nicely made indeed

#12493 46 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Has Dutch done a new run of cabinets and playfields yet or are they still working off the stock they got back from ARA?

The ARA cabinets are already long gone and newest made are used. But, same Dutch supplier as ARA used.

Playfield itself (the wood) is still old stock. Many of the parts used on it however are newely made.

#12494 45 days ago

So it might be an advantage for us that the playfields are stored for so long time.
I have, so far no problems with my playfield in TBL and Alien ... and they are both from Mirco.
There are many discussions about his quality, for this 2 titles everything seems to be okay.

#12495 45 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

So it might be an advantage for us that the playfields are stored for so long time.
I have, so far no problems with my playfield in TBL and Alien ... and they are both from Mirco.
There are many discussions about his quality, for this 2 titles everything seems to be okay.

Not certain but I think the Old stock Mirco Playfields were screen printed when this project started. As they now do digital printing (where all the issues started) I am hoping they go old school screen print on the next batch.

#12496 45 days ago

Yeah pooling and chip wise...Mirco was fine "back in the day". I've installed WH2O and had a few AFMs. They were all pretty nice with only flaw being a spec of dust in clear at most.

#12497 45 days ago

I have talked already earlier with Barry and made him aware of all the issues with Micro at JJP. Barry is just to busy with production to be able to follow all threads on this on pinside. This as there will come a day he will need to order new playfields.

Hope that Mirco by that time has solved his issues or a reliable other vendor will be available.

#12498 45 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not certain but I think the Old stock Mirco Playfields were screen printed when this project started. As they now do digital printing (where all the issues started) I am hoping they go old school screen print on the next batch.

Micro has always been digitally printed AFAIK. That's how he broke into the market. It just took longer until they admitted it. They do have screening abilities though and use it for their effects.

#12499 45 days ago

If DP has some money left it would make sense to order NOW the next batch of playfields so they have a chance to dry for month.
I think it was good that the actual playfields cured for years .. even that was not planned.
An other good source would be BuT Hamburg, also in Germany. Produced titles like Terminator2, BoP and some more. Some issues with sunken inserts after some years. I has several playfields from Peter and was never effected. I like his clearcoat , at least 2 years ago the coat came up from a automotive clearcoater. It was perfect to do a last finish before bringing it in the pin.

There are options ...

#12500 43 days ago

Looks like things turned out bad for Figgins according to his rating below. Tough pill to swallow for $12,500 u.s. Sorry to hear it, my game that was built by ARA was great.

2 days ago

PAT
Figgins
Pinside member

CA Ottawa, ON

2y20,25032223
Avoid this game and company at all cost. I bought one brand new and it has been a nightmare. I will post complete details of the nightmare I had dealing with Dutch. If you want a quality game buy a Jersey Jack. Game is made of poor quality materials, wherever corners can be cut they have been cut. It is not worth more than a Stern pro at best. AVOID this game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 22.50
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 12707 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 255.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside