(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,276 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 minutes ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,276 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 306.
#12401 3 years ago

A picture was missing of the new DP hq and I added another one from my personal collection to give you an idea of the inside

65E42680-A9DD-4F08-888E-7FE17BC19393 (resized).jpeg65E42680-A9DD-4F08-888E-7FE17BC19393 (resized).jpeg6B86F3EB-6AF3-405B-86DD-97796A1FC80A (resized).jpeg6B86F3EB-6AF3-405B-86DD-97796A1FC80A (resized).jpeg
#12402 3 years ago

Asking as a paying customer. How does one receive these and future NSN updates other then second hand posts on a forum?? Seems I would qualify at 12.5k to get an update. Also, he highlighted the issue of product component supply as the major issue and sourcing parts and the solution is a bigger building? Not sure I understand how that fixes anything?

#12403 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

he highlighted the issue of product component supply as the major issue and sourcing parts and the solution is a bigger building?

I have to admit, I don't see where he's saying the solution to sourcing parts is getting a bigger building... maybe I'm not reading it right... where does he say that?

#12404 3 years ago

Ummm...is it okay that they expand, work on increasing production and think to the future of making this all productive and sustainable?... They said sourcing is a challenge...not that it's impossible.

To criticize them for getting a bigger space is ridiculous. OVER THE LINE! Mark it.

#12405 3 years ago

Yeah this was a good update. New space, growing capacity to make games faster, mechanical and physical improvements, and NEW CODE ON THE WAY!? I love it!

#12406 3 years ago

Sourcing is a challenge nowadays.

And now something is added. A 25% price increase on parts made in the US

Than this sentence

The new building is about five times the size of our current building and offers the opportunity to expand production.

In my book It clearly states the bigger building is needed for expand production. And than ofcourse even more parts are needed.

But let’s not get into a battle on Symantec’s. See how much positive news this letter brings:

Improvements in build
Bigger building to enable production increasement.
Higher percentage EA expected to be built
Koen back to give a boost on software which everybody asks for.

Is there more to wish ?

#12407 3 years ago

AWESOME update DP!

#12408 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I have to admit, I don't see where he's saying the solution to sourcing parts is getting a bigger building... maybe I'm not reading it right... where does he say that?

That was not why I asked that. I am simply Asking he notes "The biggest challenge turns out to be sourcing parts" and the improvement to increased production is a bigger building. Without parts the building may not matter is all I was asking. Again not complaining just an unusual plan so try not to read to much into my simple question. I am happy to hear they plan to do some additional code to complete the dudes journey.

#12409 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sourcing is a challenge nowadays.
And now something is added. A 25% price increase on parts made in the US
Than this sentence
The new building is about five times the size of our current building and offers the opportunity to expand production.
In my book It clearly states the bigger building is needed for expand production. And than ofcourse even more parts are needed.
But let’s not get into a battle on Symantec’s. See how much positive news this letter brings:
Improvements in build
Bigger building to enable production increasement.
Higher percentage EA expected to be built
Koen back to give a boost on software which everybody asks for.
Is there more to wish ?

Do all the machines being manufactured right now include the new build improvements?

#12410 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That was not why I asked that. I am simply Asking he notes "The biggest challenge turns out to be sourcing parts"

The way I read it is that sourcing parts has been a challenge, but they've mastered that, so it's time for the next big step, which is the bigger building... but I agree there is a bit of a grey area there since he also talks about building the games as also being a challenge... so it's not clear excecly what he's referring to as having mastered... anyhow, even if sourcing parts is still a challenge, getting a bigger building has to be a step in the right direction...

#12411 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Do all the machines being manufactured right now include the new build improvements?

That is my understanding.

#12412 3 years ago

Could it be that issues in sourcing all the parts -> can’t get games fully finished -> can’t send said games to customers -> need to store them somewhere while waiting for the missing parts to arrive -> this is where a bigger facility could come handy?

#12413 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

The way I read it is that sourcing parts gas been a challenge, but they've mastered that, so it's time for the next big step, which is the bigger building... but I agree there is a bit of a grey area there since he also talks about building the games as also being a challenge... so it's not clear excecly what he's referring to as having mastered... anyhow, even if sourcing parts is still a challenge, getting a bigger building has to be a step in the right direction...

Since we are playing the reading between the lines game I don't see any "mastered sourcing parts" statement. lol

#12414 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since we are playing the reading between the lines game I don't see any "mastered sourcing parts" statement. lol

I think he was reading this part:

"The biggest challenge turns out to be sourcing parts. With about 650 different parts and 2500 parts in total that we buy from about 70 different suppliers AND the Worldwide pandemic, it is quite a challenge to get everything right and on time. This part of the production is probably even more difficult than manufacturing the game itself, but we have also mastered this part of production by now. And so it's time for the next BIG step!"

#12415 3 years ago

Pinside can be BRUTAL. They announce a larger facility to ramp up production and people are still finding a way to criticize the message.

Let's all see the positives here:

1. Production restarted when the company looked like it was gone for good.

2. Despite COVID and supply issues production continues.

3. A recent announcement indicates they think they can ramp up production and increase the number of games going to EAs.

I think even the worst DP naysayer has to agree DP is finally DOING SOMETHING and at least now there is a shot that EAs get what they paid for. Should they have had to wait this long? Of course not. Should they have had to endure all they endured? Of course not. But things are on the right track and that should count for SOMETHING.

#12416 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Also, he highlighted the issue of product component supply as the major issue and sourcing parts and the solution is a bigger building? Not sure I understand how that fixes anything?

Well... consider...

* one of the issues with a small retrofited space is "where do I put something..."
Then
* One of the issues with a small batch production is - "smaller volume = higher prices"
Then
* the problem of "I'd like to buy more, but I have no where to put it, and I can only use so many per month.."
Then
* The problem of "I'd like to build more.. but have no space to do it.."

Can we see how inventory, space, production volume.. and facility can all be interdependent??

A big way to deal with inconsistent supply chain is to increase your own inventory capacity to absorb fluctuations in supply.

#12417 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Is there more to wish ?

First, this is good news!

Second, my wish / hope is with 25% price increase on some parts, more people, bigger building - that the cost of TBL does not go up in price!

My thought in reading this is DP needs to feed this new “beast” of an operation. More games and then more games produced for efficiency.

Then I am thinking a new title must be on the list! They must have something in mind to feed the manufacturing beast as TBL slows.

Cool!

#12418 3 years ago

Are they still making games during the move or did my 4-6weeks but really 11-15 weeks just become 20 weeks?

#12419 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Are they still making games during the move or did my 4-6weeks but really 11-15 weeks just become 20 weeks?

Production is still up and running. It’s expected that the production will only be halted for like a week or so. Let’s just hope nothing unforeseen happens.

#12420 3 years ago

Koen back in the saddle is much needed news in a year like this one. Great news indeed.

#12421 3 years ago

So, I count myself as a huge skeptic and I didn’t believe Dutch could assemble these games. I was wrong. However, I think this proves that TBL was wildly underpriced on launch. If they had priced the games at $10k per game to start they wouldn’t have had this long drawn out thing. I still have a lot of questions:

How much money did the original contract manufacturer ARA front in parts? Did they write off a large parts order as a loss? If so, the games that are going out with ARA parts may still be underpriced. I’m still incredibly curious of how much they are netting on each game.

Clearly I want existing EAs to get their games and I’m glad they’re trickling out. I’m just incredibly wary of DP given the history.

#12422 3 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

... However, I think this proves that TBL was wildly underpriced on launch. If they had priced the games at $10k per game to start they wouldn’t have had this long drawn out thing.

A lot has changed in six years. $8,500 was considered by most to be very expensive at the time TBL's price was announced in 2014.

Quoted from Richthofen:

...I still have a lot of questions:
How much money did the original contract manufacturer ARA front in parts? Did they write off a large parts order as a loss? If so, the games that are going out with ARA parts may still be underpriced. I’m still incredibly curious of how much they are netting on each game.

Best of luck finding out.

#12423 3 years ago

Don't goof on me, but at the moment, I think DP offers the best OOBE (out of box experience) over any other pin company right now. I know that's an oddball statement considering it is just a pinball machine, but DP's packaging (strapping, cushioning, inner cardboard) is nicely designed. In my opinion, very robust and secure.
Hats off.

#12424 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Don't goof on me, but at the moment, I think DP offers the best OOBE (out of box experience) over any other pin company right now. I know that's an oddball statement considering it is just a pinball machine, but DP's packaging (strapping, cushioning, inner cardboard) is nicely designed. In my opinion, very robust and secure.
Hats off.

That’s all nice. But I sure would like them to get me my fully paid for game. Maybe update the code while they’re at it too.

#12425 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

That’s all nice. But I sure would like them to get me my fully paid for game. Maybe update the code while they’re at it too.

Question for those in the preorder / paid group. Based on this experience would you ever order another machine from Cointaker in the future?

#12426 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Hats off.

Buy more NIB games. All manufacturers are packing their games nicely these days - JJP, CGC, American Pinball, Spooky and DP have fine-tuned their processes. Stern has vastly improved their packaging too, yet their boxed games sit a notch lower on the secure scale. Everybody wins when games ship and arrive safely.
86BBD9F5-7858-4B0B-852E-58A39DD0D6A6.jpeg86BBD9F5-7858-4B0B-852E-58A39DD0D6A6.jpeg

#12427 3 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

So, I count myself as a huge skeptic and I didn’t believe Dutch could assemble these games. I was wrong. However, I think this proves that TBL was wildly underpriced on launch. If they had priced the games at $10k per game to start they wouldn’t have had this long drawn out thing. I still have a lot of questions:
How much money did the original contract manufacturer ARA front in parts? Did they write off a large parts order as a loss? If so, the games that are going out with ARA parts may still be underpriced.

You know that under the NDA for their settlement no questions about the past situation will be answered. It's a pointless exercise to ask questions that no one can legally answer.

#12428 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Question for those in the preorder / paid group. Based on this experience would you ever order another machine from Cointaker in the future?

As European I am not a customer but .....
TBL is in the USA only distributed by Cointaker, so if you want one you have to order from them.
For other pinballmachines they have in stock ... why not. For all others are several distributors on the market.
Are u unhappy with your dealer, choose the next one.

#12429 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I have been on all sides of this as an original EA, then years later on a wait list and then a paid pre order for a new TBL. I would order a new game from Cointaker without hesitation! Melissa has always come thru for me.

#12430 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have been on all sides of this as an original EA, then years later on a wait list and then a paid pre order for a new TBL. I would order a new game from Cointaker without hesitation! Melissa has always come thru for me.

Wow ... it seems that you want *this* pin really, really, really !
It seems that I am in the wrong business !
Hopefully you get also the EA sooner or later !!!! Patience is all in this weird hobby !

#12431 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Wow ... it seems that you want *this* pin really, really, really !
It seems that I am in the wrong business !
Hopefully you get also the EA sooner or later !!!! Patience is all in this weird hobby !

I got my EA Game a couple years ago and had to sell it along with all my other games. My hope is that all EA’s get their games, but there is one Pinsider in particular that I will celebrate the day that he gets his game! If that day never comes and I am doing well enough, I’m going to find him a TBL and buy it for him!

#12432 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Without a doubt I would

#12433 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Buy more NIB games. All manufacturers are packing their games nicely these days - JJP, CGC, American Pinball, Spooky and DP have fine-tuned their processes. Stern has vastly improved their packaging too, yet their boxed games sit a notch lower on the secure scale. Everybody wins when games ship and arrive safely.
[quoted image]

Quoted from ToucanF16:

This wasn't the case when the TBL was introduced in 2014. Packaging is usually the first line item when it comes to reducing costs. DP did a few things differently besides packaging.

And of course, we want more games built, along with improved code. DP is now taking steps to make this happen. As we know, this isn't going to happen over night.

#12434 3 years ago

DP just posted this on their Facebook page (in Dutch; translation by Google Translate)

“Employee Assembly

(We are looking for full-time and part-time employees, 24 to 38 hours a week, working from home is not possible.

About us
Dutch Pinball designs, develops and produces new pinball machines. We recently moved to a larger location. To scale up production, we are looking for enthusiastic assembly employees who can work very accurately, and just like us, are thrilled to work on a very special product.

Job requirements
• Experience in the use of tools.
• Assemble (sub) assemblies with great attention and very precisely.
• Good command of the Dutch language in word and writing. Apart from this most important requirement, any other language is welcome in addition. We have clients all over the world.

What are your activities
• Everything related to building a pinball machine!
• If you don't know or are able to build pinball machines yet, we will teach you.
• Colleagues point to improvements in components, tools and assembly.
• Be professional, collegial and constructive.

What do we offer
• In case of suitability, internal training which can result in a permanent contract.
• Market-based wage based on the Metal & Technology Collective Labor Agreement.
• Time for time regulation. Overtime is compensated in free time. Always in consultation.
• A very nice working environment!

And because in the Covid-19 situation we don't have a system to do a lot of CVs and interviews; be creative in your application. Send this to [email protected].”

#12435 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarkko:

DP just posted this on their Facebook page (in Dutch; translation by Google Translate)
“Employee Assembly
(We are looking for full-time and part-time employees, 24 to 38 hours a week, working from home is not possible.
About us
Dutch Pinball designs, develops and produces new pinball machines. We recently moved to a larger location. To scale up production, we are looking for enthusiastic assembly employees who can work very accurately, and just like us, are thrilled to work on a very special product.
Job requirements
• Assemble (sub) assemblies with great attention and very precisely.
• Good command of the Dutch language in word and writing. Apart from this most important requirement, any other language is welcome in addition. We have clients all over the world.
What are your activities
• Everything related to building a pinball machine!
• If you don't know or are able to build pinball machines yet, we will teach you.
• Colleagues point to improvements in components, tools and assembly.
• Be professional, collegial and constructive.
What do we offer
• In case of suitability, internal training which can result in a permanent contract.
• Market-based wage based on the Metal & Technology Collective Labor Agreement.
• Time for time regulation. Overtime is compensated in free time. Always in consultation.
• A very nice working environment!
And because in the Covid-19 situation we don't have a system to do a lot of CVs and interviews; be creative in your application. Send this to [email protected].”

Great. No experience required. How hard can it be?

Makes me feel so good about my future game.

#12436 3 years ago

Oh wait. You do need experience.

#12437 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

My guess is that Stern and the other manufacturers do not only have employees with decades of experience building the simple components of the machines. I have to believe some of this work is very "assembly line" like in the sense that you can teach a new person to do the same smaller tasks over and over again to knock out the grunt work.

That being said I admit I am just speculating. I have never run a pinball machine factory.

#12438 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

My guess is that Stern and the other manufacturers do not only have employees with decades of experience building the simple components of the machines. I have to believe some of this work is very "assembly line" like in the sense that you can teach a new person to do the same smaller tasks over and over again to knock out the grunt work.
That being said I admit I am just speculating. I have never run a pinball machine factory.

I've been to the Stern factory a couple times. Watched the employees string miles of wire in accordance with schematics that would make you faint.

Those with less experience probably lean on those with years of experience.

Here's hoping it works out for Dutch.

#12439 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I've been to the Stern factory a couple times. Watched the employees string miles of wire in accordance with schematics that would make you faint.

I'd like to tour one of these factories one day. I have seen a few videos online that were interesting. The soldering skills and speed some people have in assembly was impressive. Then again I think that can be said for all assembly work.

#12440 3 years ago

Sounds like I'm not getting my game in 2020.......

#12441 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Sounds like I'm not getting my game in 2020.......

When did you pay for it?

#12442 3 years ago

• Good command of the Dutch language in word and writing.

Well shit, I’m out!

699C4DC0-EB1C-4949-87E6-3E404DEDFDF9 (resized).jpeg699C4DC0-EB1C-4949-87E6-3E404DEDFDF9 (resized).jpeg
#12443 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

When did you pay for it?

12 weeks ago

#12444 3 years ago

Hell, I’m practically retired. I’d love to work someplace assembling pinball games (I always thought it would be cool to work at Spooky). But I don’t know Dutch...

#12445 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Hell, I’m practically retired. I’d love to work someplace assembling pinball games (I always thought it would be cool to work at Spooky). But I don’t know Dutch...

Yeah but do you know "freaky deaky Dutch?"

QSS

#12446 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Pretty much the normal in every electronics assembly setup. They want competent people and will train them for the task. You don't find people pre-trained for this.. nor is it needed. You need reliable workers that can follow instructions - not pinball people.

#12447 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

You think they came in with that knowledge?

They don't.

The task is broken into steps to make it so anyone can do it.

-Signed
A guy who did work in these kinds of plants and whose Father was the plant manager too.. so he knew a thing or too

#12448 3 years ago

As Dutch Pinball is chugging along, aren’t they required to file public financials? I can’t remember if private companies do that there, but are there any current filings?

#12449 3 years ago

Has anyone received a machine recently?

#12450 3 years ago

Was over at DP to help on the move.

Progress is made and they hope to switch over this weekend. Than setting it up properly I guess will be another week.

This week they are also busy at the old location in finishing up 8 pcs. Picture attached. I think already more than halve if the inventory is moved.

Half personal is finishing up these 8 TBLs and other half is occupied with the move.

New facility is a LOT bigger than the old one so leaves definitely room for more people hence increase in numbers.

631B38C8-7235-48F9-A396-80B6E36F353F (resized).jpeg631B38C8-7235-48F9-A396-80B6E36F353F (resized).jpeg97995F83-DFC5-48D5-8621-382BA0C5F98B (resized).jpeg97995F83-DFC5-48D5-8621-382BA0C5F98B (resized).jpegE1A5D1A3-44E2-4C6F-AE14-1DE22D59405F (resized).jpegE1A5D1A3-44E2-4C6F-AE14-1DE22D59405F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,276 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.