(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 306.
#12101 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Envolved yes, on payroll No.
Am a friend of Barry and supported DP all these years, no secret there. Have helped many hours already in the production plant as a volunteer, especially during start-up. I bought TBL not because of theme but because of Barry. Supporting as a Dutchman a Dutch pinball factory felt also good.

I only know Rensh from here but he seems like the kind of man we all would want as a friend. His comments throughout this thread have been invaluable.

Rensh. Dinner and many beers my gift should we ever meet.

#12102 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I only know Rensh from here but he seems like the kind of man we all would want as a friend. His comments throughout this thread have been invaluable.

You and the rest of us that appreciate what he has done.

#12103 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

... Dinner and many beers my gift should we ever meet.

Quoted from titanpenguin:

You and the rest of us that appreciate what he has done.

In the meantime, hopefully Barry is rewarding Rens accordingly.

#12104 3 years ago

Barry invited me (and a friend) to visit the factory, which is only a 30 minutes drive from my house.

First of all: The Dutch Pinball people are great!
We played a few games on The Big Lebowski and got a little tour.
We talked to every employee and they all were happy to answer our questions, and tell us about the game.
The games are very well build and they have an intelligent design, both mechanical and electrical.
Maybe someday I'm able to buy one myself!

Barry and team if you read this: thanks again for the nice tour we've had, we'll buy you some beers next time

20200912_105345_HDR (resized).jpg20200912_105345_HDR (resized).jpg
#12105 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Barry invited me (and a friend) to visit the factory, which is only a 30 minutes drive from my house.
First of all: The Dutch Pinball people are great!
We played a few games on The Big Lebowski and got a little tour.
We talked to every employee and they all were happy to answer our questions, and tell us about the game.
The games are very well build and they have an intelligent design, both mechanical and electrical.
Maybe someday I'm able to buy one myself!
Barry and team if you read this: thanks again for the nice tour we've had, we'll buy you some beers next time [quoted image]

Know I asked this before.... could you please ask if DP has any plan to further the software on this game? Adding content specifically. Thanks

#12106 3 years ago

Is there an attract mode on TBL with audio?

#12107 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Is there an attract mode on TBL with audio?

Don’t think so

#12108 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Know I asked this before.... could you please ask if DP has any plan to further the software on this game? Adding content specifically. Thanks

No worries here says a little bird

#12109 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Don’t think so

Well add that as a wishlist if the software ever does get any additions. Would love to fill my arcade with random Big Lebowski quotes or movie clips.

#12110 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No worries here says a little bird

Ok so is that a yes or maybe or ask again later?

#12111 3 years ago
unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#12112 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

If dutch wants a future in pinball, they will update the code.. They wouldn't be here if they didn't want a future in pinball;D

#12113 3 years ago

I thought a code update was coming by end of year?

#12114 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

If dutch wants a future in pinball, they will update the code.. They wouldn't be here if they didn't want a future in pinball;D

I would agree granted their business model has Kind of been a shoot from the hit strategy of sorts. Would just love a simple "yes thats our intention" or "no just a bug fix here and there" response. Not a must have Now just curious what the company is thinking now that cash is flowing.

#12115 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I am a few hours away but if Rensh visits you, I want to be there.

#12116 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow. What can I say. You make me blush

Thanks !!!

#12117 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its a clear Yes.

Can’t go into details, sorry, but let’s say that a little birdy told me something. And no, I am not testing a beta release currently.

Have faith in the Dude.

#12118 3 years ago

That's great Rensh as There is really no point playing the game when it's soooo shallow!. Yes its an amazing layout and a great shooter it's just nothing special because 0 depth.

#12119 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That is a "no worrys".
I never spoke with someone about that but I am sure there will be come some more code due this code is not finished now.
As DP is operating I see no reason why there should not be an update in the future.

I own also a ALIEN and git some weeks ago a update and ... yes .... heighway is no longer on the market.
So, dont worry.

EDIT: ooopss .. too late but still my opinion.

#12120 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

That's great Rensh as There is really no point playing the game when it's soooo shallow!. Yes its an amazing layout and a great shooter it's just nothing special because 0 depth.

Try to beat this score than

But I agree. Could use some more depth but that will come.

Talking about shallow code. Just bought a MB and there the rules are also not so deep but can still be fun. So 0 depth (which I don’t agree) doesn’t mean 0 pleasure.

942BC141-FFAC-49E2-8C69-DCF60AF3F087 (resized).jpeg942BC141-FFAC-49E2-8C69-DCF60AF3F087 (resized).jpeg
#12121 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

That is a "no worrys".
I am sure there will be come some more code due this code is not finished now.
As DP is operating I see no reason why there should not be an update in the future.
I own also a ALIEN and git some weeks ago a update and ... yes .... heighway is no longer on the market.
So, dont worry.
EDIT: ooopss .. too late but still my opinion.

Ok, no worries DP will do as we assume. That usually works out well...... lol Just figured I wasn't the only one that made the investment and hoped there would be more. Would prefer to hear something from DP or a plan but we can stick with "I am sure" and "no reason they should not" as a commitment. Thanks.

#12122 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And he has taken quite a bit of heat, when he doesnt even work there. Glad he stuck around!

#12123 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And he has taken quite a bit of heat, when he doesnt even work there. Glad he stuck around!

Yes, he is a great and helpfull guy. As I understood he is "just a customer" but his heart beats for pinball. In his sparetime he travelles to DP and helps mounting the pins and assemblies. He could help me on several points were I was unsure "is it a bug or a feature"
His help is much apprechiated.

#12124 3 years ago

TBL mods & backups:

Everything back in stock below, except item #5. I also only have 2 spare motherboards in stock.

1. Doobie (Joint) Mod
2. Decal stickers
3. Left ramp clip
4. Spare full backup harddrive
5. Spare Audio circuit board
6. Bowling Pins (qty 3)
7. Adapter kit for Speaker lights
8. Spare motherboard

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-mods

#12125 3 years ago

Has anyone ordered a game through coin taker after 3.11.20 that has received a game?

#12126 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Has anyone ordered a game through coin taker after 3.11.20 that has received a game?

I ordered July 2019 and haven't gotten a game.

#12127 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

This is 2 month to go .. you should buy a "Back To The Future". It is impossible to order in the future and expect delivery in the past. Wired

#12128 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This is 2 month to go .. you should buy a "Back To The Future". It is impossible to order in the future and expect delivery in the past. Wired

Finally some high-quality date formatting humor in this thread!

#12129 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I ordered July 2019 and haven't gotten a game.

Paid in July or pre-ordered?

#12130 3 years ago

I preordered March 11, 2020. Just got email for final bill

#12131 3 years ago

Is residential delivery of these done with a box truck and liftgate or a semi? I assume some sort of box truck if it's DHL.

#12132 3 years ago

Have you guys used the Intuit Quickbooks portal to pay with bank account for things with CT before? I assume it's safe-ish? Or did you mail check old fashioned way or wire it yourself?

Screenshot_20200919-101900 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200919-101900 (resized).png
#12133 3 years ago

Worked fine for me.

#12134 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Has anyone paid for a game through coin taker after 3.11.20 that have not received a game?

I'm interested by this question as well.
sounds like parts have run dry..I'm just guessing tho.

#12135 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Every new buyer gets the rug at the moment.

At the moment?
I just placed my deposit over the weekend.
Missing out on the rug would break my heart if my game shipped without it next year or whenever.

#12136 3 years ago

Mine just arrived with the rug. It’s a fun addition and I don’t think it looks that expensive so I doubt it’s removed from the package anytime soon.

44564CD9-D4AE-4A37-B65B-0493BB6E5070 (resized).jpeg44564CD9-D4AE-4A37-B65B-0493BB6E5070 (resized).jpeg
#12137 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Paid in July or pre-ordered?

Pre-ordered. I've never paid yet, but at the time (just after the sale of the 40 ARA games) Melissa told me that she wasn't taking money until she knew they were actually going to make more games. My name went on a list. I've called multiple times to let her know that I am ready to pay in full when she has a game for me and to assure that I am not being jumped over by people that pre-ordered after me because I didn't put anything down and offering to put something down if need be. I was reassured that that was unnecessary but that seems to be untrue based on what I've read about several people here who pre-ordered long after I did.

#12138 3 years ago

I've got one on pre-order. What I didn't think about were the game's physical dimensions (I have a tiny hallway the machine will have to get through to get to the game room). I could be blind but I don't see the game dimensions listed on Dutch's website.

Could anyone who owns the machine let me know what the dimensions are? I'm mostly worried about:

a) What are the dimensions of the shipping box? and
b) What is the largest point of width for the machine itself (i.e. likely what I'm asking is what is the width of the backbox and what is the width of the machine with legs on at its widest point). Thanks!

#12139 3 years ago

Received my TBL in March 2020. Melissa at cointaker was fantastic to deal with. She made things run smooth, even I’m in Canada everything was done perfect.

994C17B2-7B7C-4DFD-9C58-444E4317F03E (resized).jpeg994C17B2-7B7C-4DFD-9C58-444E4317F03E (resized).jpeg

#12140 3 years ago

Hey Sandeep— That’s great it all worked out for you. As per Timlah79’s question, would you (or someone else) pass along the dimensions of the game? I also have space issues and that info would be really helpful. Thanks.

#12141 3 years ago

Not at home so can’t measure but dimensions are similar to BW WPC cabinet.

#12142 3 years ago

Just received some pics from Barry of a batch of new TBL's headed out today. My EA #59 game among them!

EA059_3 (resized).jpgEA059_3 (resized).jpg
EA059_2 (resized).jpgEA059_2 (resized).jpg
EA059_4 (resized).jpgEA059_4 (resized).jpg
EA059_1 (resized).jpgEA059_1 (resized).jpg

#12143 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just received some pics from Barry of a batch of new TBL's headed out today. My EA #59 game among them!

Congratulations! May it travel safely. I know you’ve been twisting in the wind for a long, long time, and it must feel unreal to think you’ll be unboxing your TBL in a few weeks.

#12144 3 years ago

I can't imagine being an EA and finally getting your game after all this time.... Must be pretty satisfying to finally play it.

#12145 3 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Huge congrats! The Dude soon will arrive!

#12146 3 years ago

Also EA #57 is in this batch as well as a replacement of #52.

This replacement was needed since a forklift driver during the transport of original #52 decided the TBL was to nice and drove with his forks through the TBL making it a total loss The insurance took his time which is why it’s only now that a replacement is on its way.

#12147 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Also EA #57 is in this batch as well as a replacement of #52.
This replacement was needed since a forklift driver during the transport of original #52 decided the TBL was to nice and drove with his forks through the TBL making it a total loss The insurance took his time which is why it’s only now that a replacement is on its way.

Is one headed my way?

#12148 3 years ago

I reached out to Melissa last week and she stated there would be an email sent out with updates regarding place in line and ship date expectations. I didn't receive that email yet so have reached back out. Anyone else receive an update?

#12149 3 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome news. I look forward to the unboxing party

#12150 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I reached out to Melissa last week and she stated there would be an email sent out with updates regarding place in line and ship date expectations. I didn't receive that email yet so have reached back out. Anyone else receive an update?

She hasn't responded to my recent emails this week either after paying the invoice. I assume just busy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

15,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 22.50
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/243?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.