(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 306.
#12051 3 years ago

14 weeks from payment to delivery for me long as it comes next week....

#12052 3 years ago

#12053 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:When did you pay?

November and received game in December.

#12054 3 years ago

Can tell you that DP only requests payment at the moment the TBL is more or less ready. So for them between receiving the payment and shipping is like 1-2 weeks.

Where the story of 10 weeks comes from?? Perhaps the middle man asks it sooner or it’s a one off case with something special.

#12055 3 years ago

The 10 weeks thing might have happened around the initial covid outbreak.

#12056 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can tell you that DP only requests payment at the moment the TBL is more or less ready. So for them between receiving the payment and shipping is like 1-2 weeks.
Where the story of 10 weeks comes from?? Perhaps the middle man asks it sooner or it’s a one off case with something special.

I am sure US distributor collects more than a week in advance! Probably several.

#12057 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can tell you that DP only requests payment at the moment the TBL is more or less ready.

Come on, even You had to laugh a Little typing That! Lol

#12058 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Come on, even You had to laugh a Little typing That! Lol

At that moment I was not laughing but after reading your comment I fully realized what I typed and than I smiled and shook my head

Ofcourse I was only referring to current sales. But, point taken

#12059 3 years ago

I'm curious if the lead times from CT are actually 6 - 8 months or longer? I've been debating the last couple months on placing an order with CT. Can anyone advise how the game plays as compared to another pin? I know not the same, but its nice to compare. I would assume the comparison would be to the 90's Bally games such as TAF or TZ.

#12060 3 years ago
Quoted from silverbearss:

I'm curious if the lead times from CT are actually 6 - 8 months or longer? I've been debating the last couple months on placing an order with CT. Can anyone advise how the game plays as compared to another pin? I know not the same, but its nice to compare. I would assume the comparison would be to the 90's Bally games such as TAF or TZ.

I would compare it to whitewater with a simulor medieval madness rule set...just my opinion.

#12061 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I would compare it to whitewater with a simulor medieval madness rule set...just my opinion.

The “feel” may be 90s Williams and the rule set similar to WH2O. But everything else is so much better; the build quality, the music, the call outs, the video displays and theme integration are all over the top

#12062 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The “feel” may be 90s Williams and the rule set similar to WH2O. But everything else is so much better; the build quality, the music, the callouts, the video displays and theme integration are all over the top

Well said & agree. Theme integration is spot on.

#12063 3 years ago

Wow, thank you all for the input. The pinball community is great

#12064 3 years ago

I just talked with Melissa and two more EA games are going out soon.

#12065 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Did you ask what soon meant.

#12066 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Do we have any idea what number EAs?

#12067 3 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

If 2 more are going out, gotta be close to #60

#12068 3 years ago

Just saw this review, slow down guys.. quality over quantity! Especially at $12500 a pop.. I know, easier said than done.

Figgins
Pinside member

CA Ottawa, ON

2y19,75031811
So, just received my B.L N.I.B from Dutch/Nitro. I have a game that kinda works. Three games in, lowerplayfield was not working. Pins were falling and not working. Then the smell of melting plastic filled my home. So I had call a tech to come and figure out what was going on. The Dude ramp was not and still is unplayable. The assembly was drilled in to the playfield and not the pre drilled housing holes. Ball hits the ramp and flies everywhere, the plastic cover to look through is not level with the playfield so the balls will change direction when they roll over it or even bounce. The lockdown bar was scratched, plastic around the white Russian was also cracked. Head of the game has creases in it due to over tightening from the strap before it shipped. It is really really cheaply made, I would put the quality of build on par with Thunderbirds. I am currently corresponding with Dutch Pinball to see how we can remedy the plethora of issues. I basically got a 20k rug with a cheap pin that kinda works..I. It could have been sooooo good had J.J.P had the licence. I have a P.O.T.C JJP and it is built with incredible quality and attention to detail. Hopefully Dutch/Nitro will stand by their product and remedy the situation. I would highly suggest avoiding buying the game. It is so disappointing because the interaction of theme to game is great. Just the actual quality of machine is really really substandard. Very very disappointed. To be continued , I will update my rating after seeing what Dutch/Nitro will do to fix this. Hopefully I just got a made on Friday game and they will sort this out.

#12069 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Just saw this review, slow down guys.. quality over quantity! Especially at $12500 a pop.. I know, easier said than done.
Figgins
Pinside member
CA Ottawa, ON
2y19,75031811
So, just received my B.L N.I.B from Dutch/Nitro. I have a game that kinda works. Three games in, lowerplayfield was not working. Pins were falling and not working. Then the smell of melting plastic filled my home. So I had call a tech to come and figure out what was going on. The Dude ramp was not and still is unplayable. The assembly was drilled in to the playfield and not the pre drilled housing holes. Ball hits the ramp and flies everywhere, the plastic cover to look through is not level with the playfield so the balls will change direction when they roll over it or even bounce. The lockdown bar was scratched, plastic around the white Russian was also cracked. Head of the game has creases in it due to over tightening from the strap before it shipped. It is really really cheaply made, I would put the quality of build on par with Thunderbirds. I am currently corresponding with Dutch Pinball to see how we can remedy the plethora of issues. I basically got a 20k rug with a cheap pin that kinda works..I. It could have been sooooo good had J.J.P had the licence. I have a P.O.T.C JJP and it is built with incredible quality and attention to detail. Hopefully Dutch/Nitro will stand by their product and remedy the situation. I would highly suggest avoiding buying the game. It is so disappointing because the interaction of theme to game is great. Just the actual quality of machine is really really substandard. Very very disappointed. To be continued , I will update my rating after seeing what Dutch/Nitro will do to fix this. Hopefully I just got a made on Friday game and they will sort this out.

I'm really surprised to hear this. I'd love to hear from others who recently received their game. I paid in full to CT a couple weeks ago and hope I have a better NIB TBL experience.

#12070 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Figgins
Pinside member
CA Ottawa, ON
2y19,75031811

Could you provide some context to this comment, please. Such as where and when this statement was made. A link or a screenshot would be helpful.

Thanks

#12071 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Could you provide some context to this comment, please. Such as where and when this statement was made. A link or a screenshot would be helpful.
Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/big-lebowski/ratings

#12072 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you ask what soon meant.

I got the impression that it was in the next couple weeks and that they were the NEXT two games to be going out.

Quoted from Rick432:

I didn't ask, sorry. I'm not an EA and was more concerned about where I am on the list and that is #6 apparently. I believe the EA numbers are probably somewhere in the 58-61 range.

#12073 3 years ago

I am the last one who will say all delivered TBLs have been flawless but don’t recognize my own experiences in this story at all and numerous reports have been issued who also state otherwise.

And yes, there have been issues. Just like my friend had with all his three sterns NIB. But not to the degree being report here.

#12074 3 years ago

So, checked DP side of story

When the TBL arrived at the customer it had a damaged carton box and the drop indicators were red) . So clearly the TBL had an issue during transport. However, he still accepted delivery, signed for it and here we are ......

You don’t get dents in siderails from strapping the backbox. This tbl clearly was dropped somewhere during transport.

And now screaming on pinside without telling that side of the story ?? What a dude....

#12075 3 years ago

Rensh are you involved with DP somehow? Just curious as you seem knowledgeable about DP related matters.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12076 3 years ago

DHL is horrible. Taken two days off work to be here to inspect the shipment, was scheduled for yesterday - didn't show up, rescheduled for today and just notified they wont deliver today and its on hold..... No reason given other than they said they had too many packages today...very frustrating....

#12077 3 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Quoted from TRAMD:

... I didn't ask, sorry. I'm not an EA and was more concerned about where I am on the list and that is #6 apparently. I believe the EA numbers are probably somewhere in the 58-61 range.

I'm EA #59 and supposedly next in line to have game shipped. Still awaiting final word on build and shipping status.

#12078 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

DHL is horrible. Taken two days off work to be here to inspect the shipment, was scheduled for yesterday - didn't show up, rescheduled for today and just notified they wont deliver today and its on hold..... No reason given other than they said they had too many packages today...very frustrating....

When I received mine beginning of March before the pandemic I lost hair over the delivery with dhl, millions of crazy excuses like you’ve mentioned. In the end safe and sound. DHL is good.

#12079 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, checked DP side of story
When the TBL arrived at the customer it had a damaged carton box and the drop indicators were red) . So clearly the TBL had an issue during transport. However, he still accepted delivery, signed for it and here we are ......
You don’t get dents in siderails from strapping the backbox. This tbl clearly was dropped somewhere during transport.
And now screaming on pinside without telling that side of the story ?? What a dude....

I support you. Before I took delivery of my tbl I checked the markers. Everything was good. And the game was perfect in March 2020. I wouldn’t accept delivery if I saw red.

#12080 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

When I received mine beginning of March before the pandemic I lost hair over the delivery with dhl, millions of crazy excuses like you’ve mentioned. In the end safe and sound. DHL is good.

I’m sure it will work out, just frustrated I’ve given up a few days of work so far. I’m not salary (blue collar working stiff) so it’s money out of the pocket and I’ve bought too many pinballs as of late....just be nice if freight companies understood this when they randomly don’t show up on days they schedule.

#12081 3 years ago

I picked up my TBL yesterday at the factory.
I can state that there are several boxes and machines ready to box. Barry told me that some go to the US with DHL by aircraft.

My TBL works direct out of the box.
For QS checking they played the game and forgot to take the ball out of the bowling alley. So we had there a malfunction due to 2 balls. Removed one ball ... thats it ! The lockbar is sitting not propperly, will take care on this today but will not effect the game.
So, at least on my pin, everything is working well out of the box. Good job at the factory !
This game is a bummer, made with love to details. Not produced from hired game designers , mor e a "grown" project of some enthusiasts. Not to compare with Stern/JJP. A machine made from pinheads for pinheads. And the theme is soooo great !

The pics are made with permission of DP .... I wear extra my Lebowski bowling shirt ))

IMG_8487 (resized).JPGIMG_8487 (resized).JPGIMG_8488 (resized).JPGIMG_8488 (resized).JPGIMG_8489 (resized).JPGIMG_8489 (resized).JPGIMG_8490 (resized).JPGIMG_8490 (resized).JPGIMG_8492 (resized).JPGIMG_8492 (resized).JPG
#12082 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I can state that there are several boxes and machines ready to box. Barry told me that some go to the US with DHL by aircraft.
For QS checking they played the game and forgot to take the ball out of the bowling alley. So we had there a malfunction due to 2 balls. Removed one ball ... thats it ! The lockbar is sitting not propperly, will take care on this today but will not effect the game.
So, at least on my pin, everything is working well out of the box. Good job at the factory !
This game is a bummer, made with love to details. Not produced from hired game designers , mor e a "grown" project of some enthusiasts. Not to compare with Stern/JJP. A machine made from pinheads for pinheads. And the theme is soooo great !
The pics are made with permission of DP .... I wear extra my Lebowski bowling shirt ))
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the update and photos. Good to see things are still moving along, especially since I just paid for mine in full!

#12083 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Congrats and thanks for the pics!

Not seeing any games with EA aprons though.

#12084 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Looks like 3 are ready to go.
Looks like at least 2 are boxed behind it.

How many looked ready to go (either boxed up or ready for boxing)?

#12085 3 years ago

New member here. Getting major airballs off the left ramp. Is that a game angle issue usually? I lowered the right flipper power to the lowest setting and it's still happening.

#12086 3 years ago

Gave up on DHL and went and grabbed it from the terminal. Looks like it made it safe and sound. Phew!

In the setup it asked me to cut the tie-wrap from the rug toy. Is that the two black rubbers at the outside of the rug. Looks more permanent.

AE9E5C60-FC93-4787-9A5A-181248D6E4A2 (resized).jpegAE9E5C60-FC93-4787-9A5A-181248D6E4A2 (resized).jpeg
#12087 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Gave up on DHL and went and grabbed it from the terminal. Looks like it made it safe and sound. Phew!
In the setup it asked me to cut the tie-wrap from the rug toy. Is that the two black rubbers at the outside of the rug. Looks more permanent.
[quoted image]

Don’t know which zip tie this refers to (would inspect the undersite of the playfield, guess it secures the motor?) but are NOT these two black rubbers !! They belong there.

For the rest, enjoy !!

#12088 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

New member here. Getting major airballs off the left ramp. Is that a game angle issue usually? I lowered the right flipper power to the lowest setting and it's still happening.

I have seen on a German forum somebody else having the same issue and he lowered the game angle and since than fine.

#12089 3 years ago

Yea I reached out to DP and they answered back right away. Don’t cut those. The setup manual is outdated. Glad I asked.

#12090 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I had the same issue. The right target on that ramp has to be moved further back. Also the bowling alley shield has to be really flush to the playfield. Good luck.

#12091 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats and thanks for the pics!
Not seeing any games with EA aprons though.

Oddly excited for you. You are Soooo close literally at the finish line of a Very lonnnnng waiting journey of ups and downs and soon you will finally get your game. Granted there are hundreds behind you but you finally get to cross over and close this chapter. Congrats hope you get it soon.

#12092 3 years ago

Thanks Dude! Hope so too!

#12093 3 years ago

Put the Rug out to flatten it out and came back to find this.

F24F24C1-7763-488C-B0F7-97F57B413B77 (resized).jpegF24F24C1-7763-488C-B0F7-97F57B413B77 (resized).jpeg
#12094 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

rensh are you involved with DP somehow? Just curious as you seem knowledgeable about DP related matters.

Envolved yes, on payroll No.

Am a friend of Barry and supported DP all these years, no secret there. Have helped many hours already in the production plant as a volunteer, especially during start-up. I bought TBL not because of theme but because of Barry. Supporting as a Dutchman a Dutch pinball factory felt also good.

#12095 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Envolved yes, on payroll No.
Am a friend of Barry and supported DP all these years, no secret there. Have helped many hours already in the production plant as a volunteer, especially during start-up. I bought TBL not because of theme but because of Barry. Supporting as a Dutchman a Dutch pinball factory felt also good.

You are the Dude or El Duderino!

#12096 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Hope he's not a rug pisser ...

#12097 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hope he's not a rug pisser ...

No he’s not thank goodness cause it really ties the room together.

#12098 3 years ago

Are they actually still taking preorders for this?

#12099 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

That's a great picture, you should send that to DP.

#12100 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Are they actually still taking preorders for this?

You can get on a waiting list with CT with a deposit to CT. Full payment is only expected when delivery is due.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/242 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.