(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,279 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Scotty_K
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 306.
#12001 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

You know what question is coming next from everyone. When did you originally place your order.

The condensed story...

I placed a TBL deposit with Melissa in Nov 2015.
In Jul 18 I purchased TBL EA30 from another Pinsider.
Last summer the 40 hostage ARA games were released.
Melissa called and said I could purchase one of the ARA hostage games. At the time I didn't need a second TBL, so I offered my spot to one of the EAs who was screwed by the ARA fiasco.
I offered my hostage game to him at my cost and when his game came up from DP I could purchase at his cost.
His game came up and I just purchased it.

#12002 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

How does one know when you are so close? Paid invoice about 10 weeks ago.

I call and talk to Melissa every couple of weeks. I'm super hopeful my game is shipping soon, been since May I think when I paid.

Thanks,
Jeff

#12003 3 years ago

Typically 10 weeks from payment to delivery regardless of how long you’ve been on any list.

#12004 3 years ago

For those looking for some TBL mods!

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

#12005 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Every new buyer gets the rug at the moment.
‘Only’ special for EA is the apron with plaque.

Many thanks.

I am hoping for a custom apron - similarly styled - that can be customized as perhaps an 'Urban Achiever's edition. Not limited in any way of course... Just a mod.

#12006 3 years ago
Quoted from RickInFl:

Many thanks.
I am hoping for a custom apron - similarly styled - that can be customized as perhaps an 'Urban Achiever's edition. Not limited in any way of course... Just a mod.

An apron is planned similar to the early achiever edition but than without mentioning early achiever and plague.

#12007 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

An apron is planned similar to the early achiever edition but than without mentioning early achiever and plague.

Official or aftermarket?

#12008 3 years ago
Quoted from RickInFl:

Official or aftermarket?

Made by DP

#12009 3 years ago

I think DP should just focus on getting the machines out to the 'Original" EA's . You know. The ones that have been waiting 6 years . After that has been completed then concentrate on any mods for TBL.

#12010 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I think DP should just focus on getting the machines out to the 'Original" EA's . You know. The ones that have been waiting 6 years . After that has been completed then concentrate on any mods for TBL.

I don’t think the aprons are a big deal as far as time and effort for DP go. However, they will sell a lot and generate revenue which will help get EA games out.

#12011 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I don’t think the aprons are a big deal as far as time and effort for DP go. However, they will sell a lot and generate revenue which will help get EA games out.

Not sure I agree and actually see his point. In a team of 2 builders Any distraction from completing the Primary commissioned direction should be a Last option personally. I understand the money element but if they keep making games Every Hour Counts!!!

PS and yes I Want one of these aprons but if I have to wait another Year for one to get even ONE more EA out I am fine with that.

#12012 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I agree and actually see his point. In a team of 2 builders Any distraction from completing the Primary commissioned direction should be a Last option personally. I understand the money element but if they keep making games Every Hour Counts!!!
PS and yes I Want one of these aprons but if I have to wait another Year for one to get even ONE more EA out I am fine with that.

I disagree, they could sub out the aprons manufacturing and shipping and gain profits to add to the EA's.

#12013 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I disagree, they could sub out the aprons manufacturing and shipping and gain profits to add to the EA's.

And look how that turned out with ARA.

#12014 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

And look how that turned out with ARA.

Turned out bad with ARA, but cutting and folding a piece of metal compared to building a full working pinball machine are 2 different things.

#12015 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Turned out bad with ARA, but cutting and folding a piece of metal compared to building a full working pinball machine are 2 different things.

Sorry but there is Much more to this apron upgrade and kit then simply bending a piece of metal. Much more then a 2 man crew can afford (time) when also trying to hand assemble hundreds of prepaid pinball machines.

#12016 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry but there is Much more to this apron upgrade and kit then simply bending a piece of metal. Much more then a 2 man crew can afford (time) when also trying to hand assemble hundreds of prepaid pinball machines.

oh ya, forgot about the paint...cutting, folding, paint. What else is there? And I said sub it out to another company and cellect the profits for more Ea games.

#12017 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

oh ya, forgot about the paint...cutting, folding, paint. What else is there? And I said sub it out to another company and cellect the profits for more Ea games.

Multiple RGB boards, wiring harnesses, powdercoat, lift rail, plastic colored back lenses, plating, assembly, Hopefully testing, packaging, vendors, take and shipping orders, oh and also building complete Pinball machines! lol

#12018 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Multiple RGB boards, wiring harnesses, powdercoat, lift rail, plating, assembly, Hopefully testing, packaging, vendors, take and shipping orders, oh and also building complete Pinball machines! lol

Multiple RGB boards, wiring harnesses...Doesn't it pug into the current lighting in the game? Like I said, easy enough for another company to take on...Maybe that's who made the current EA aprons, another company. 5 aprons sold would pay for one ea game in parts roughly.

#12019 3 years ago

It’s in fact bent metal, powered coated, a PCB with mounts where the leds are on, colored plastic beneath the holes and a flatcable.

So if you subcontract the metal bending, take time to ship it to a powder coated, the PCB is also subcontracted and let somebody else make the flatcable mostly packing and glueing the plastics is left. Searching vendors etc for this had to be done anyway for the achiever apron.

So yes it takes time ofcourse but think the caused delay to building TBL is not very big.

#12020 3 years ago

#12021 3 years ago

Does the tbl license expire at the end of the year? What happens then? Can dp renew it again?

#12022 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:Does the tbl license expire at the end of the year? What happens then? Can dp renew it again?

Great Question!

#12023 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The condensed story...
I placed a TBL deposit with Melissa in Nov 2015.
In Jul 18 I purchased TBL EA30 from another Pinsider.
Last summer the 40 hostage ARA games were released.
Melissa called and said I could purchase one of the ARA hostage games. At the time I didn't need a second TBL, so I offered my spot to one of the EAs who was screwed by the ARA fiasco.
I offered my hostage game to him at my cost and when his game came up from DP I could purchase at his cost.
His game came up and I just purchased it.

Hi. I just wanted to state what a great guy Toucanf16 is. I am the fellow that he gave his Cointaker Slot to over a year ago. I was dealing with some personal medical issues and it was a big boost in that it gave me something positive to look forward to. My original game was #75 so that gives you an idea where DP may be in addressing EA games. Its been a long 5 years since paying for TBL and I am very happy to see it come full circle. I wish the best to all other EAs that are still owed a game!

#12024 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

My original game was #75 so that gives you an idea where DP may be in addressing EA games. Its been a long 5 years since paying for TBL and I am very happy to see it come full circle.

Are you saying you have now received your EA #75 game? I am EA #70 but have not been contacted as yet.
Thanks,
Ed

#12025 3 years ago

I know that this is going to sound bat shit crazy, but since I am EA #187 at this point I am to have stuck with this for as long as I have. In lieu of us never receiving our games that we paid for, would DP ever just send us the parts and let us fend for ourselves in putting it together? Just an idea. I mean I am a Pinball novice at best and probably would need help in putting it together, but I would rather have something than NOTHING! I guess Flame me for this post, but while I wait why not!

#12026 3 years ago
Quoted from jpk1972:

I know that this is going to sound bat shit crazy, but since I am EA #187 at this point I am to have stuck with this for as long as I have. In lieu of us never receiving our games that we paid for, would DP ever just send us the parts and let us fend for ourselves in putting it together? Just an idea. I mean I am a Pinball novice at best and probably would need help in putting it together, but I would rather have something than NOTHING! I guess Flame me for this post, but while I wait why not!

I'm not flaming you, you've been badly hosed by DP, but this isn't going to happen.

One problem is that DP almost certainly doesn't have a big bin of parts labeled EA #187 that they could just ship to you. Many of the parts that will go into your machine (on the assumption that they keep this thing going and get up to EA #187) haven't even been made yet -- by Barry's account there were enough parts on hand to make ~25-50 new games when they restarted production, and then partial parts for a number more beyond that, but as they go along they'll have to start fabricating and buying more and more new parts. That would certainly be the case by the time they get up to yours, by which point they'll have made several hundred new TBLs.

A second problem is money -- to pay for the parts (and assembly) of your EA #187, DP needs to sell one or more "new money" TBLs to other buyers. That means they don't have the parts or the money to do anything for people at the end of the list right now.

And finally, my guess is you don't really want a bin of unassembled pinball parts -- it would be one hell of a winter project but from everything I've read here, building a pinball from scratch with no instructions is a tremendous amount of work, and not a project for the inexperienced.

Regardless, I hope DP keeps turning out games and that they make their way up to EA #187 and make things right with you.

#12027 3 years ago

To my knowledge there is no manual for this game. Of any kind.

Without that, it would take a pretty experienced person to assemble a TBL from scratch.

#12028 3 years ago

How much time would it take for DP to make a kit for assembly versus how long does it take them to assemble a game? It's not a good use of DP's time to build kits when they can produce completed games, control the quality of the build, and be sure that the game functions correctly prior to shipping.

#12029 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Does the tbl license expire at the end of the year? What happens then? Can dp renew it again?

Yes, it has been said it ends this year and yes, it can be extended . No worries.

#12030 3 years ago

In regard to a kit to DIY.

I have helped in the production and there are a lot of assembly instructions (this is something else as a manual) but this would be a hell of a job without proper training and only for a few experienced people this might work. This is just not a feasible idea for the fast majority among us.

But helping in pinball production is for a pinhead a wet dream

#12031 3 years ago

Does anyone know if DP is still shipping games at the 3-4 per week cadence? Haven’t seen many reports of people getting games lately, and there has no been no activity on DPs Instagram.

#12032 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Does anyone know if DP is still shipping games at the 3-4 per week cadence? Haven’t seen many reports of people getting games lately, and there has no been no activity on DPs Instagram.

I was told May...and then July...and then September. They aren't keeping up with the original goals for production.

#12033 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I was told May...and then July...and then September. They aren't keeping up with the original goals for production.

So hopefully by Christmas then?

#12034 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Are you saying you have now received your EA #75 game? I am EA #70 but have not been contacted as yet.
Thanks,
Ed

Still waiting to hear about my #59.

#12035 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

This seems to be a strange order they are going by .. perhaps #187 isn’t too far off either, who knows..

#12036 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to a kit to DIY.
I have helped in the production and there are a lot of assembly instructions (this is something else as a manual) but this would be a hell of a job without proper training and only for a few experienced people this might work. This is just not a feasible idea for the fast majority among us.
But helping in pinball production is for a pinhead a wet dream

Hi Rensh,

Can you further comment on timing of new machines being built? Is DP back in production and are suppliers actively delivering?

Thx

#12037 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I just asked Melissa about production a few days ago. She said DP is doing about 10-15 machines per month.

#12038 3 years ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

I just asked Melissa about production a few days ago. She said DP is doing about 10-15 machines per month.

Is that “what they did” or “what they will be doing” with limited parts etc. I think people are trying to figure out the immediate go forward plan / numbers.

#12039 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

How many ea's have been shipped a game since they started back up. We heard about 1 going out. How many have?

#12040 3 years ago

From Melissa this morning:

"there are some delays since they had 3 weeks off and had some parts delays, but are starting to ship again.

Sincerely,

Melissa"

There is no way DP is doing 10 to 15 a month. Not even close.

#12041 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

How many ea's have been shipped a game since they started back up. We heard about 1 going out. How many have?

I am only aware of 1 EA getting there games (at least in the US). I know Tuna Delight was told his would be coming shortly but believe that was a while ago. It doesnt seem like the 3 ratio is happening right now.

#12042 3 years ago

Was told today two EA’s were suppose to ship this week. And 5 normal ones next week. Here’s to hoping that’s the case!!

#12043 3 years ago

These two EA are no 57 and a replacement machine for an EA machine damaged in transit. A forklift driver decided the TBL was to nice ...... Total Loss.

Can you imagine? You finally are about to receive your TBL and than this happens

Anyway, holiday season is approaching his end, parts are Finally delivered So it should start up again. Next EA on the line is no 59 . Wait should finally be over very soon. NL is not supposed to be an earth quake country after all so that should not intervene but after everything that has happened I would not be surprised

#12044 3 years ago

I paid my invoice today, so looks like more machines are on the way from DP.

#12045 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

....looks like more machines are on the way from DP.

Hope so.

#12046 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I paid my invoice today, so looks like more machines are on the way from DP.

Awesome, you should have it by Christmas!! its about 10 weeks from payment to delivery as a norm.

#12047 3 years ago

More machines are certainly on the way...

Jeff

#12048 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Awesome, you should have it by Christmas!! its about 10 weeks from payment to delivery as a norm.

Well that sucks. I’ll keep my expectations firmly in check.

#12049 3 years ago

For me it was a month from payment to delivery, but be prepared for a longer wait.

#12050 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

For me it was a month from payment to delivery, but be prepared for a longer wait.

When did you pay?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/241?hl=hefel-be and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.