New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,164 posts
  • 658 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by TRAMD
  • Topic is favorited by 212 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,065 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

19B4EDA2-C1D5-45D4-B028-0939D2942C36 (resized).jpeg
EA059_3 (resized).jpg
EA059_2 (resized).jpg
EA059_1 (resized).jpg
EA059_4 (resized).jpg
994C17B2-7B7C-4DFD-9C58-444E4317F03E (resized).jpeg
44564CD9-D4AE-4A37-B65B-0493BB6E5070 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200919-101900 (resized).png
942BC141-FFAC-49E2-8C69-DCF60AF3F087 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg
20200912_105345_HDR (resized).jpg
F24F24C1-7763-488C-B0F7-97F57B413B77 (resized).jpeg
AE9E5C60-FC93-4787-9A5A-181248D6E4A2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8487 (resized).JPG
IMG_8488 (resized).JPG
IMG_8489 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12164 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 244.
#11952 3 months ago
Quoted from jpk1972:

I am EA #187 any chance I see mine for my 50th Birthday February 2022???? Now that would be a present that could never be topped!!!

Slim & none. DP will likely cease to exist by then.

#11953 3 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Slim & none. DP will likely cease to exist by then.

Ah, you’re back , shining your positive light ...

#11954 89 days ago

Was shot last Saturday.

#11955 89 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Was shot last Saturday.

Wish we knew what they were Saying..

#11956 89 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah. Just Noticed that after some time the translation stopped

It is supposed to be a work in progress. CHeck again after the weekend.

Anyway, gives you at least a visual idea of how the factory looks.

#11957 89 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Youtube has auto-generated closed captions for most videos, including this one.

#11958 89 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You have to copy link into YouTube and turn subtitle English caption on.

About 1/3 to 1/2 has subtitles in English.

Sounds like demand is high, wants to get bigger factory location and is pumping out 4 machines every 1.5 to 2 weeks with staff of 5 guys.

#11959 89 days ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Youtube has auto-generated closed captions for most videos, including this one.

Auto generation? That’s new for me. The subtitles are manually added I am told.

#11960 89 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Auto generation? That’s new for me. The subtitles are manually added I am told.

Youtube has auto-captions, though reliability with translated auto-captions would probably be somewhat questionable.

#11961 88 days ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Youtube has auto-captions, though reliability with translated auto-captions would probably be somewhat questionable.

The phrasing can be a little goofy, but understandable. I’ve only seen a few videos that used them though, so not a huge sample size.

#11962 88 days ago

Just made my deposit for TBL! I'm thrilled these are being made again.

1 week later
#11963 77 days ago

Ea #52 get his game yet?, can't find it in the forum. #53 should have gone out by now too, maybe more... any word? I hope so....if not, could change a lot hearts and minds towards dp quick!.

#11964 77 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Ea #52 get his game yet?, can't find it in the forum. #53 should have gone out by now too, maybe more... any word? I hope so....if not, could change a lot hearts and minds towards dp quick!.

Hi, I got my TBL EA #55 delivered on the 2nd of july. Impressed by the building quality. So yes, they are Rolling out games to us early achivers. Oh and of course I got the plaque, the new apron and the rug (it really ties the room together).

#11965 77 days ago

Now only 93 away from mine!

#11966 76 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

And so you want us to do your work....if interested do your homework otherwise don’t waste your time or others

the internet: a place where everyone is 10x tougher than dirty harry

nobody on earth is going to read through a 240 page thread

per your logic, everyone on earth is therefore a big lazybones

oh well, what can you do? cue sad trombone music

#11967 76 days ago

I wonder what the price will be once the big drama is over

and everyone who wants one has one?

it aint going to be $12,500 forever

I remember when the mazda miata came out in 1988. People were paying the full sticker price of $14k plus another $6k "additional dealer profit"

6 months later you could walk into a dealer and have your pick for $12k

if they are taking new orders and managing to fulfill the original pre-paid orders, it sounds like things are going pretty ducky over there at DP

is there any reason at this point why they would stop making them?

#11968 76 days ago
Quoted from irobot:

I wonder what the price will be once the big drama is over
and everyone who wants one has one?
it aint going to be $12,500 forever
I remember when the mazda miata came out in 1988. People were paying the full sticker price of $14k plus another $6k "additional dealer profit"
6 months later you could walk into a dealer and have your pick for $12k
if they are taking new orders and managing to fulfill the original pre-paid orders, it sounds like things are going pretty ducky over there at DP
is there any reason at this point why they would stop making them?

Keep in mind these are trading hands on the 2nd hand market for $14,500-$16k depending. There is one listed still for cheaper (13.5k I believe) but that is a one-off and kind of beat up engineering sample from the failed endeavor with the Chinese contract manufacturer Xytech....not sure id want that one, even at a discount...its been for sale for many months.

The only people on the wrong side of one of these financially (besides the EA's still patiently waiting) are those who bought one second hand around 20k about 18-24 months ago. Back when it looked like this was completely a lost cause, the price spiked that high and has settled at $15k+/- unless of course you are on the list and wait it out to get one for MSRP at $12.5k delivered.

Long story short, the likelihood this game ever goes below $12.5k is virtually none. The only way that would ever happen is if supply (at that price) outpaces demand and cointaker is sitting on several NIB you can just call up and order and have delivered. If that happens, the 2nd hand market could dip a bit but based on the current backlog and pace of manufacture it will be YEARS before all orders and interested parties are fulfilled with their games.

#11969 76 days ago

duplicate post - mods delete.

#11970 76 days ago

I pulled the trigger for the deposit .Melissa said about 8 months. I can wait this, looks like a real cool game with one of my favorite movies.

#11971 76 days ago

The game sells at $12,500.
Distributors want the game in stock to sell to the public.
At least a 6 month waiting list.
It’ll be a long time before demand dries up to justify a price drop.

#11972 76 days ago
Quoted from Svante:

Hi, I got my TBL EA #55 delivered on the 2nd of july. Impressed by the building quality. So yes, they are Rolling out games to us early achivers. Oh and of course I got the plaque, the new apron and the rug (it really ties the room together).

Fantastic!! Really glad to hear.

#11973 76 days ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

The game sells at $12,500.
Distributors want the game in stock to sell to the public.
At least a 6 month waiting list.
It’ll be a long time before demand dries up to justify a price drop.

Rensh mentioned in the owners thread that DP is starting to run into parts shortages. If anything, the price is about to climb if true.

#11974 76 days ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Rensh mentioned in the owners thread that DP is starting to run into parts shortages. If anything, the price is about to climb if true.

That’s been my fear for DP progress since this second wave started. In selling the 40 captive machines he also inherited Many boxes of parts to build more games which other then labor have all been pure profit. Now is the test to see how much of that profit he saved to re-up all of the now empty component part bins to keep this moving forward. Time will tell....

#11975 76 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s been my fear for DP progress since this second wave started. In selling the 40 captive machines he also inherited Many boxes of parts to build more games which other then labor have all been pure profit. Now is the test to see how much of that profit he saved to re-up all of the now empty component part bins to keep this moving forward. Time will tell....

Nothing has been "pure profit," but at 12500 a pop, if they haven't saved anything to buy parts we will know pretty quickly. But in DP's defense, depending on where the parts are made will have a huge impact. Even simple items here in the US are back ordered due to supplier delays.

#11976 76 days ago

-

#11977 76 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Nothing has been "pure profit," but at 12500 a pop, if they haven't saved anything to buy parts we will know pretty quickly. But in DP's defense, depending on where the parts are made will have a huge impact. Even simple items here in the US are back ordered due to supplier delays.

Add to that returning to hundreds of vendors as a previous bankrupt company requesting large scale/qty orders of parts should be interesting. My hope is they saved all that cash as I would guess it will be COD for some time.

#11978 76 days ago

This shortage of parts is temporarily and has NOTHING to do with money.

It is just a matter of COVID catching up to DP. Eg the manufacturer of certain parts to be more exact. A lot of parts are BW style and originate from the US. In the US there have been lockdowns shutting down factories. They have restarted apparently but still have a backlog to fullfill and this takes apparently a little longer as expected.

As mentioned earlier this can and most likely will cause a (small) hiccup short term but this time will be used to built more assemblies which can speed up building later on. So long term there is no influence is the expectation. This ofcourse all based on order confirmations from the US part suppliers.

DP is financial Sound enough to invest in speedup production and buying the required materials. No worries and don’t let people you think otherwise.

#11979 74 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

This kind of thing I never bother guessing about.

aside from DP, who could say?

#11980 74 days ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Keep in mind these are trading hands on the 2nd hand market for $14,500-$16k depending. There is one listed still for cheaper (13.5k I believe) but that is a one-off and kind of beat up engineering sample from the failed endeavor with the Chinese contract manufacturer Xytech....not sure id want that one, even at a discount...its been for sale for many months.
The only people on the wrong side of one of these financially (besides the EA's still patiently waiting) are those who bought one second hand around 20k about 18-24 months ago. Back when it looked like this was completely a lost cause, the price spiked that high and has settled at $15k+/- unless of course you are on the list and wait it out to get one for MSRP at $12.5k delivered.
Long story short, the likelihood this game ever goes below $12.5k is virtually none. The only way that would ever happen is if supply (at that price) outpaces demand and cointaker is sitting on several NIB you can just call up and order and have delivered. If that happens, the 2nd hand market could dip a bit but based on the current backlog and pace of manufacture it will be YEARS before all orders and interested parties are fulfilled with their games.

I'm not trying to play Mr. All-Knowing Psychic Fun Cop or anything.

However, whenever you buy any NEWLY MADE collectible item, you are faced with the grim prospect of market saturation.

If these TBL games were the same price as a typical higher-end collector games, like CV or TAF, I'd say don't worry about it.

If these TBL games were selling for the same price as new production Stern games, I'd say don't worry about it.

But they're selling for $12,000 and that leaves room for the price to drop. Unless they cost $11,500 to build.

there are a couple of things to consider:

1. pinball machines are durable. taken care of, they last forever

2. expensive pinball machines are a small boutique market

DP is not selling $3.29 hamburgers

they are selling a durable item, that costs $12,000, to a small market of hardcore pinball collectors

there is not an infinite number of people willing to lay down $12,000 on a pinball game

when sales of anything slow down, a manufacturer typically drops the price to encourage sales.

that's why when famous artists make a special run of models or castings or prints or whatever, they say it is a LIMITED run. Of 100 numbered and signed prints, etc.

Because they know the collectors won't shell out money for something that can be reproduced infinitely, because the new production devalues the existing production.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, I'm just saying that you could live long enough to see DP sell these games at a discount.

On the other hand, maybe making these games is a giant thankless pain in the -ss and DP will throw in the towel at some point and stop making them.

I'm just making the point that the POTENTIAL is there for you to eventually see these sold for a discounted price by DP. Unless the production stops prior to the market saturation point.

#11981 74 days ago
Quoted from irobot:

On the other hand, maybe making these games is a giant thankless pain in the -ss and DP will throw in the towel at some point and stop making them.

I am sure the Fun in building these will change when it comes time to build the hundreds of 0 dollar sales games owned (EA's). Working for nothing Can get boring....

#11982 74 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am sure the Fun in building these will change when it comes time to build the hundreds of 0 dollar sales games owned (EA's). Working for nothing Can get boring....

And this is why this guy needs to read the whole 240 pages, lest he look naive in this thread.

#11983 74 days ago
Quoted from irobot:

I'm not trying to play Mr. All-Knowing Psychic Fun Cop or anything.
However, whenever you buy any NEWLY MADE collectible item, you are faced with the grim prospect of market saturation.
If these TBL games were the same price as a typical higher-end collector games, like CV or TAF, I'd say don't worry about it.
If these TBL games were selling for the same price as new production Stern games, I'd say don't worry about it.
But they're selling for $12,000 and that leaves room for the price to drop. Unless they cost $11,500 to build.
there are a couple of things to consider:
1. pinball machines are durable. taken care of, they last forever
2. expensive pinball machines are a small boutique market
DP is not selling $3.29 hamburgers
they are selling a durable item, that costs $12,000, to a small market of hardcore pinball collectors
there is not an infinite number of people willing to lay down $12,000 on a pinball game
when sales of anything slow down, a manufacturer typically drops the price to encourage sales.
that's why when famous artists make a special run of models or castings or prints or whatever, they say it is a LIMITED run. Of 100 numbered and signed prints, etc.
Because they know the collectors won't shell out money for something that can be reproduced infinitely, because the new production devalues the existing production.
I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, I'm just saying that you could live long enough to see DP sell these games at a discount.
I'm just making the point that the POTENTIAL is there for you to eventually see these sold for a discounted price by DP. Unless the production stops prior to the market saturation point.

Prices will hold if they make the ~400 limited run like BBB, Alien, etc. it fits in the “rare” category with unique story behind it.

If DP makes 1000+ of these then you may be right.

The POTENTIAL is there, but I highly doubt it!

The other consideration is the time it will take for DP to get to 400 machines (2 years?). Think of the inflation of where pinballs are today. A TMNT LE is selling for ~9500. Give Stern 2-3 years and at current rate may approach 10-11k for future LEs that don’t have an upper and lower playfields!

#11984 74 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Prices will hold if they make the ~400 limited run like BBB, Alien, etc. it fits in the “rare” category with unique story behind it.
If DP makes 1000+ of these then you may be right.
The POTENTIAL is there, but I highly doubt it!
The other consideration is the time it will take for DP to get to 400 machines (2 years?). Think of the inflation of where pinballs are today. A TMNT LE is selling for ~9500. Give Stern 2-3 years and at current rate may approach 10-11k for future LEs that don’t have an upper and lower playfields!

No matter what happens in the future, it's not going to be a big deal.

Especially for people who can afford $12,000 for a pinball machine.

It's not like people are betting their 401k money on the ponies. It's just a pinball machine purchase.

If I really wanted one, I would just go ahead and buy it. Life is short.

#11985 74 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This shortage of parts is temporarily and has NOTHING to do with money.
It is just a matter of COVID catching up to DP. Eg the manufacturer of certain parts to be more exact. A lot of parts are BW style and originate from the US. In the US there have been lockdowns shutting down factories. They have restarted apparently but still have a backlog to fullfill and this takes apparently a little longer as expected.
As mentioned earlier this can and most likely will cause a (small) hiccup short term but this time will be used to built more assemblies which can speed up building later on. So long term there is no influence is the expectation. This ofcourse all based on order confirmations from the US part suppliers.
DP is financial Sound enough to invest in speedup production and buying the required materials. No worries and don’t let people you think otherwise.

So lets say a second covid wave hits, DP is good to cover the over head for a year without production, no parts? worst case scenario. I would hold back on A move to a bigger building if i was in dp's shoes. With that said, I'm wishing you guys every ounce of success. beautiful game. Ea's need this!

#11986 74 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dude, what's your problem bro? We've had this conversation before. You worried that your current tbl value is gonna drop like a rock? f that man, relax.. enjoy a game of pinball because most people in your country don't have that luxury right now. Stay positive.

#11987 74 days ago

Let us review: Stern sees a demand from a previous release so here comes the "vault edition". This in turn drops the current value of the originals. So why are we worried about DP?

#11988 74 days ago
Quoted from RedLineMania:

Let us review: Stern sees a demand from a previous release so here comes the "vault edition". This in turn drops the current value of the originals. So why are we worried about DP?

I don’t think anyone’s too worried. Couple of guys are hoping DP will drop prices into their price range some day. I hope it happens too, would mean more TBLs out in the world. But there’s not much precedent for that kind of thing from other mfrs, and this is still DP’s first rodeo, so who knows?

#11989 72 days ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Dude, what's your problem bro? We've had this conversation before. You worried that your current tbl value is gonna drop like a rock? f that man, relax.. enjoy a game of pinball because most people in your country don't have that luxury right now. Stay positive.

Not sure what you read into my reply?? I commented on the previous post on Building games as hard and not fun. This game is awesome, theme is awesome, build quality is awesome, and wish nothing more than to see Thousands of these made as they would sell no question and could care less if they are worth $50 in the future as I bought it because I love it not as an investment. I simply said building games (as a business) to get out of the self created backlog hole for close to a full year non stop to fulfill the EA's will be tough with no revenue for parts or labor, product, or shipping, and future growth. Must be done but will likely not be Fun! Not negative at all just an obviously tough journey ahead for DP.

#11990 72 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure what you read into my reply?? I commented on the previous post on Building games as hard and not fun. This game is awesome, theme is awesome, build quality is awesome, and wish nothing more than to see Thousands of these made as they would sell no question and could care less if they are worth $50 in the future as I bought it because I love it not as an investment. I simply said building games (as a business) to get out of the self created backlog hole for close to a full year non stop to fulfill the EA's will be tough with no revenue for parts or labor, product, or shipping, and future growth. Must be done but will likely not be Fun! Not negative at all just an obviously tough journey ahead for DP.

Aren’t they adding an EA game for every X number of new money games? I completely agree that if they are putting EA games at the end it will be a grind to the finish line, but if they put them in often enough they will finish all the games, get paid along the way, and owe zero EA games.

#11991 69 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Cool, glad to hear!...positivity goes a long way... especially for a new company trying to do there best on making good. The way this thing is built, should last for generations. Already in the will for my eldest.

2 weeks later
#11992 54 days ago

The rug... Is that Early Achiever only?

#11993 54 days ago
Quoted from RickInFl:

The rug... Is that Early Achiever only?

Every new buyer gets the rug at the moment.

‘Only’ special for EA is the apron with plaque.

#11994 54 days ago

Mine is sooooooo close to shipping, I hope the parts arrive soon...

Thanks,
Jeff

#11995 54 days ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

Parts have finally been shipped this week !! The last promise from the supplier was kept so hopefully next week in NL.

#11996 53 days ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

How does one know when you are so close? Paid invoice about 10 weeks ago.

#11997 53 days ago
Quoted from Waldo:

How does one know when you are so close? Paid invoice about 10 weeks ago.

Man that seems like a long time to be fully paid (these days anyway), I assume CT requested that?

#11998 53 days ago
Quoted from Waldo:

... Paid invoice about 10 weeks ago.

Sure beats 317 weeks.

1 week later
#11999 43 days ago

Just paid my invoice win full.

#12000 43 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Just paid my invoice win full.

You know what question is coming next from everyone. When did you originally place your order.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 22.50
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 12164 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 244.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside