(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 306.
#11901 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Roughly when did you get on the list?

Round trip will be ~7-8mo, depending. A little bit longer than I originally anticipated, but since it's nothing compared to EAs, no qualms whatsoever, *especially* since CT is essentially escrow. Also, sounds like DHL isn't necessarily guaranteeing non-essential shipments yet which adds some variable time as well.

#11902 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

It's a shame as ya can often get morons

You mean morons like the guy who is on a pinball forum telling me I have no life because I'm on a pinball forum?

#11903 3 years ago

Amateurs dude

#11904 3 years ago

I am EA #187 so I am certainly hoping that they don't stop at EA #180!

#11905 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ah thanks finally a sensible response!

Much appreciated.

On a thread like this that is waaay too long to read from the beginning you can get a sense of what happened by looking at the list of keyposts at the top of the page. Sort of a summary. Hope this helps.

#11906 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ah thanks finally a sensible response!
Much appreciated.
It's a shame as ya can often get morons who are bitter and make the hobby ugly.

Dude (and no offense intended as we're all "Dudes" in the TBL threads) -

As one of the "bitter morons" you are apparently referring to, I apologize for my response to your post. I should have simply ignored it, as I have countless other posts in this thread, rather than get aggravated by it. Like other EA's who supported TBL's development and have been waiting for their paid-for TBL going on six years now, I sometimes lose patience with the seemingly non-stop series of the same questions, misinformation, unsolicited advice, and judgements that have been expressed in this thread by others - many of whom have nothing at stake with Dutch Pinball and/or real interest in The Big Lebowski game. I could ignore the thread altogether, but there is actually some worthwhile TBL info and updates posted as well.

I hope this explanation helps to reverse my uglification of the hobby. Best wishes to you for enlightenment regarding the long-running TBL debacle as well as future enjoyment for us all with the game!

#11907 3 years ago

I had the privilege to play the EA #150 today that is located in the Dutch Pinball Museum in Rotterdam that reopened today in a new location after the Covid-19 closure. Damn this game is growin on me. It takes some getting use to the bouncy flippers for my taste but it is good fun. The last time i played one was a prototype on the Dutch Pinball Open and it was far from done then. It certainly has grown alot and i am looking forward to playing this beast again as it is for sure not an easy game for me.
For those who allready have their machines enjoy it and for those waiting..... it is worth it i think.

#11908 3 years ago

Melissa is going by the original non deposit list, once all those people get their games she will go to the recent deposit list.

I'm not sure this is what's happening. I've been on the non-deposit list since August last year and seen guys getting games that were on the same list 1 months before me. I can't even get an email back from CT.

#11909 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I'm not sure this is what's happening. I've been on the non-deposit list since August last year and seen guys getting games that were on the same list 1 months before me. I can't even get an email back from CT.

Pick up the phone

#11910 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I’ve had a TBL deposit with Melissa since November 2015. From the get-go I was told I was in the top 20. However, since then I purchased a preowned TBL (EA30) from another Pinsider. When the 40 hostage games were offered up Melissa contacted me and said one was mine. I didn’t need a second TBL at the moment so I offered up my hostage pin to another EA. I’d like a second TBL for my son-in-law, but I’m not in any huge hurry and have other leads. I’ve emailed Melissa a couple times asking about my position and she said the machine is available if I want one. I’m sure sure if you call her and ask your spot in line she’ll tell you straight up.

#11911 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Don't be a dick, no need to act like a top dog on the internet you smart ass

At least I didn't call anybody a Dick or a Smart Ass!

#11912 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

At least I didn't call anybody a Dick or a Smart Ass!

...or a top dog.

#11913 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Dude (and no offense intended as we're all "Dudes" in the TBL threads) -
As one of the "bitter morons" you are apparently referring to, I apologize for my response to your post. I should have simply ignored it, as I have countless other posts in this thread, rather than get aggravated by it. Like other EA's who supported TBL's development and have been waiting for their paid-for TBL going on six years now, I sometimes lose patience with the seemingly non-stop series of the same questions, misinformation, unsolicited advice, and judgements that have been expressed in this thread by others - many of whom have nothing at stake with Dutch Pinball and/or real interest in The Big Lebowski game. I could ignore the thread altogether, but there is actually some worthwhile TBL info and updates posted as well.
I hope this explanation helps to reverse my uglification of the hobby. Best wishes to you for enlightenment regarding the long-running TBL debacle as well as future enjoyment for us all with the game!

No worries all good.

I honestly don't know much about this game, apart from that it looks awesome.

I hope everyone gets theirs, or got theirs in due course.

Cheers.

#11914 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Pick up the phone

I've called multiple times with no answer. I love how people keep telling me this and the only way I've ever had a response from CT was via email.

#11915 3 years ago

CT were very slow with communication about my Munsters topper... real slow,

I gave up and contacted Stern directly!

#11916 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've called multiple times with no answer. I love how people keep telling me this and the only way I've ever had a response from CT was via email.

I have called Melissa quite a bit and she has answered 9 out of 10 times. If I have to leave a message with her, it is returned the same day durring the week. Weekends are iffy....but that is understandable

#11917 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Did you leave a VM when you called?

#11918 3 years ago

On the same subject, my spot is finally up. I've been invoiced, after joining the list last August. But....now I'm having second thoughts...will some great 80s theme come out later this year, that I want more? Probably just the shock of actually being up next....

#11919 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

On the same subject, my spot is finally up. I've been invoiced, after joining the list last August. But....now I'm having second thoughts...will some great 80s theme come out later this year, that I want more? Probably just the shock of actually being up next....

Pay the invoice. You won’t regret it!

#11920 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

If you like the theme you won’t regret it.

#11921 3 years ago

You guys are right. It has been my #1 wanted pin, for a few years now, I am ready to have one.

cpr9999 , I'm going to be needing to order that decal set pretty soon, now!

#11922 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Any update? Did Melissa reach out?

#11923 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Any update? Did Melissa reach out?

You must have a direct line to Melissa lol. Yes, Melissa got in touch with me. With all of the craziness of Covid and Melissa being the only one working on fulfillment, I fell through the cracks. All good now, as she’s sending me an invoice. Should have a game in 30-45 days! Thanks again Melissa!

#11924 3 years ago

how many people on this thread are currently invoiced or paid in full for their delivery? Seems like the backup is with DHL but I wonder how many boxed games DP is sitting on at the moment waiting for DHL - the whole 4 per month thing sounds more like this month could be a lot more than that? Any other EAs confirmed as part of this allotment? #53 and #54 perhaps?

There are at least 4 people in the last 2 pages of comments on this thread that are either invoiced or paid in full.

#11925 3 years ago

I have 2 alone paid in full, waiting patiently

#11926 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I have 2 alone paid in full, waiting patiently

flipping one to balance the cost on the one you keep? you wouldn't dare put one of these on location would ya?!

buy 2 at $25k total, sell one for $16k, end up with a $9k TBL for the win!

#11927 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

flipping one to balance the cost on the one you keep? you wouldn't dare put one of these on location would ya?!
buy 2 at $25k total, sell one for $16k, end up with a $9k TBL for the win!

Don't have a location to put it unfortunately, but originally no... it was going to a family member, but with what's all going on now, a bit unsure. Either way, I'm definitely keeping mine and whatever happens with the other still means faster progress for the EAs.

#11928 3 years ago

Hey all, I had to sell all my games including TBL last year due to a medical crisis. I have been on Melissa’s list and saving up for another TBL for 6 months. If anyone is thinking about not taking their spot when Melissa invoices them, I would pay some premium to take the spot and could also offer my spot on the wait list if you have been invoiced for your game, but are not ready to take it yet.
If anyone is interested let me know how much you would want for your spot.

Thanks

#11929 3 years ago

Hey all, I had to sell all my games including TBL last year due to a medical crisis. I have been on Melissa’s list and saving up for another TBL for 6 months. If anyone is thinking about not taking their spot when Melissa invoices them, I would pay some premium to take the spot and could also offer my spot on the wait list if you have been invoiced for your game, but are not ready to take it yet.
Thanks

If you've been on list for 6 months, I wonder how much longer it would even be. I assume you are on non deposit list? Should told me 2-3 months recently for myself and I've only been on deposit list since March. Doesn't add up. Wish you could tell where you even are in line.

#11930 3 years ago

Thanks

Literally one post above you is a guy with two machines paid in full and likely to flip one and keep one. Make him an offer and you’ll probably have a game in a week or two!

#11931 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Literally one post above you is a guy with two machines paid in full and likely to flip one and keep one. Make him an offer and you’ll probably have a game in a week or two!

I sent him a message yesterday, I haven’t heard back from him yet. I am not in a position to pay too big of a Premium for a game so I totally get it if nobody wants to deal with me. Honestly i think I need my head examined (again) for even buying another pinball machine as I was just let go from my job after 20 years with my company, they couldn’t accommodate my medical condition.. brain tumor, multiple seizures per day and no BS I was also recently diagnosed with “alien hand syndrome”.. I didn’t even know that was a thing.

Anyway I am stuck at home now and not allowed to drive so I will admit I am chomping at the bit to get my TBL, If I was smart (which I’m not) I would leave the money in the bank, but life is just to darn short to not have a TBL sitting in my house.

#11932 3 years ago

Hey just wanted to confirm the new machines coming out do NOT have the pin blades on them, correct? I don't recall any of them having pin blades already installed but wanted to double check before I bought any...

Thanks,
Jeff

#11933 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Hey just wanted to confirm the new machines coming out do NOT have the pin blades on them, correct? I don't recall any of them having pin blades already installed but wanted to double check before I bought any...
Thanks,
Jeff

Correct

#11934 3 years ago

I sent him a message yesterday, I haven’t heard back from him yet. I am not in a position to pay too big of a Premium for a game so I totally get it if nobody wants to deal with me. Honestly i think I need my head examined (again) for even buying another pinball machine as I was just let go from my job after 20 years with my company, they couldn’t accommodate my medical condition.. brain tumor, multiple seizures per day and no BS I was also recently diagnosed with “alien hand syndrome”.. I didn’t even know that was a thing.
Anyway I am stuck at home now and not allowed to drive so I will admit I am chomping at the bit to get my TBL, If I was smart (which I’m not) I would leave the money in the bank, but life is just to darn short to not have a TBL sitting in my house.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

#11935 3 years ago

Sounds like this machine, or a machine, would bring some form of joy to you in this hard time. I wouldn’t hesitate spending the money in a dark time to provide some light. Hopefully things get better for you

#11936 3 years ago

Life is definitely too short. Stay positive and enjoy whatever brings you happiness! I know for many of us, this includes pinball.
Keep your head up.

2 weeks later
#11937 3 years ago

Getting excited! Best email I got in awhile - DHL has picked up the game and delivery is imminent. Fingers crossed for a safe journey across the pond!

#11938 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

You have been a member of Pinside for 8 years and don't know the whole DP story. Unbelievable!

You'll find this difficult to believe, but there are still some people on earth who actually walk outside of their house once in a while.

And they don't have the interest level required to plow through a 240 page soap opera on a pinball forum.

#11939 3 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

... to plow through a 240 page soap opera on a pinball forum.

and yet, ... here you are

#11940 3 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

You'll find this difficult to believe, but there are still some people on earth who actually walk outside of their house once in a while.
And they don't have the interest level required to plow through a 240 page soap opera on a pinball forum.

And so you want us to do your work....if interested do your homework otherwise don’t waste your time or others

#11941 3 years ago

Mine came in from DP/DHL today... well, yesterday, technically, but my wife missed them ringing the doorbell since she was taking a dump. But they redelivered today, no problems.

A crazy heavy mother! I've carried all three JJP widebodies through here, plus a Williams IJ. But Lebowski, wow. 425lbs. with pallet! Says so on the box (in kg). If yours is coming soon, remember to eat your Wheaties.

#11942 3 years ago

Happy day here in charlotte!!! Mine arrived today! Unboxing and setup tonight!

#11943 3 years ago

Did EA #52 ever arrive? I didn't see any news about it. That would be one hell of a party at my house!

Quoted from orangestorm87:

so any news on the EA game that got shipped recently? Unboxing Photos/video?

#11944 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Did EA #52 ever arrive? I didn't see any news about it. That would be one hell of a party at my house!

Yes it has arrived but no party pictures as far as I can remember. A few more have left the building since but no dancing pictures there to. But not every customer is on pinside.

#11945 3 years ago

I am EA #187 any chance I see mine for my 50th Birthday February 2022???? Now that would be a present that could never be topped!!!

#11946 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Happy day here in charlotte!!! Mine arrived today! Unboxing and setup tonight!

Congrats - When did you order?

#11947 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Mine came in from DP/DHL today... well, yesterday, technically, but my wife missed them ringing the doorbell since she was taking a dump. But they redelivered today, no problems.
A crazy heavy mother! I've carried all three JJP widebodies through here, plus a Williams IJ. But Lebowski, wow. 425lbs. with pallet! Says so on the box (in kg). If yours is coming soon, remember to eat your Wheaties.

Congrats. How long were you on the waiting list before taking delivery?

#11948 3 years ago
Quoted from jpk1972:

I am EA #187 any chance I see mine for my 50th Birthday February 2022???? Now that would be a present that could never be topped!!!

You have a chance.

#11949 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Congrats - When did you order?

Paid my invoice at the end of April if memory serves. Was about 10 weeks from payment to delivery. Consistent with what others have experienced.

#11950 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Paid my invoice at the end of April if memory serves. Was about 10 weeks from payment to delivery. Consistent with what others have experienced.

How long on the waitlist before that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/239?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.