(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 306.
#11851 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Do you say 3 new sales and 1 EA makes 1:3?

Yes. That would be a ratio of 1:3.

A less confusing way to describe it would be to say: "1 out of every 4".

#11852 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Hmmm, Paying $4000 U.S more for a game to fund the EA games (that so rightfully deserve to have in the first place of coarse).... it would be pretty cool to have a EA supporter apron.... just dreaming and drinking some late night brews
The "under achiever edition" apron perhaps?. lol, The EA apron is stunning.
Looking like Berry/dp just might pull this off. Very impressive, Keep up the fantastic accomplishments guys!! (Fist pump)

I like that idea of EA Supporter Addition!

#11853 3 years ago

EA’s who bought a second TBL, should only have had to pay the original $8.5k for the second one too. They shouldn’t be asked to pay $4k more to help EA’s get their free games. No sense in DP f*king their favorite customers twice. everyone knows it is impolite to double dip.

#11854 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I like that idea of EA Supporter Addition!

New game aprons reads Achiever Edition instead of Early Achiever Edition found on EA games, right?

D36F8CCD-6523-4601-AC4D-096F63AB0E1F.jpegD36F8CCD-6523-4601-AC4D-096F63AB0E1F.jpeg

8F66501A-39B1-48B2-931D-65B7C1E20954.jpeg8F66501A-39B1-48B2-931D-65B7C1E20954.jpeg
#11855 3 years ago

Yeah Achiever Edition.

EA’s have the choice of either 2nd game or refund of the first TBL payment... when it was cheaper!

Which does suck!

Think most EA’s will take the second TBL, store it or sell it for couple grand less to balance out the total cost.

Although with the wait list - an EA might make a profit on it!

#11856 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don’t think nikonokin has received his yet, but as he posted above he’s been told the game is en route now. He’ll be the first EA to get a game since production restarted (other than those that bought another one, which of course doesn’t really count).
If DP is serious about the 1:4 ratio, and keeps up the pace of producing 4 games every 2 weeks, we should be seeing ~2 games a month going to EAs going forward. So we’ll know soon enough whether progress is being made on that front.

Who gives this ratio of 2 games built a week? DP (it would surprised me)? Or it is just speculation?

#11857 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yeah Achiever Edition.
EA’s have the choice of either 2nd game or refund of the first TBL payment... when it was cheaper!
Which does suck!
Think most EA’s will take the second TBL, store it or sell it for couple grand less to balance out the total cost.
Although with the wait list - an EA might make a profit on it!

I'm planning to take delivery of my second TBL and sell it for $12,500 when Barry gets to my place in the EA line. If I can get more great, but I should at least be able to get $12,500 NIB. That way my total cost is my original outlay.

#11858 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

I'm planning to take delivery of my second TBL and sell it for $12,500. If I can get more great, but I should at least be able to get $12,500 NIB. That way my total cost is my original outlay.

Would be nice!

#11859 3 years ago

Take it, put it away for 20yrs... next BBB

Who knows how many DP will make.. as many as there is demand for I suppose!

#11860 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

They produce in batches of 4. Of these 4 pcs 1 pc will go to EA and 3 pcs to new sales. Is this a ratio of 1:3 or 1:4? Just how you interprete it I guess.
Do you say 3 new sales and 1 EA makes 1:3
Or
Do you say out of 4 machines 1 is going to an EA eg 1:4 ???
Regardless, 4 produced -> 1 to EA and 3 to new sales

May be a lost in translation thing, but I think most people in the US anyway would interpret a “1:4 ratio” as meaning for every one new EA game, four others must be sold. It sounds like the intention was to say 1/4 of games produced will now go to EAs (a ratio of 1:3), which is good news.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Who gives this ratio of 2 games built a week? DP (it would surprised me)? Or it is just speculation?

Fair point - this was extrapolated from a series of production pics that were posted back in the early spring, showing four games moving through production over two weeks. It sounds like there’s been more hiring, so hopefully the pace has picked up by now.

#11861 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

I'm planning to take delivery of my second TBL and sell it for $12,500. If I can get more great, but I should at least be able to get $12,500 NIB. That way my total cost is my original outlay.

When your second TBL is supposed to be built?

#11862 3 years ago

When your second TBL is supposed to be built?

It'll be a while as I'm towards the end of the EA list.

#11863 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

They produce in batches of 4. Of these 4 pcs 1 pc will go to EA and 3 pcs to new sales. Is this a ratio of 1:3 or 1:4? Just how you interprete it I guess.
Do you say 3 new sales and 1 EA makes 1:3
Or
Do you say out of 4 machines 1 is going to an EA eg 1:4 ???
Regardless, 4 produced -> 1 to EA and 3 to new sales

1:3 is correct.

#11864 3 years ago

That was very good news from DP in there latest News Shit. If DP pushes out 4 TBL each week of which is one for the next EA inline, and we in The Netherlands have approx 43 working weeks in a year, this means it will take 3 years from now on for all EA TBLs to make it to there beloved home. I have to admit that excuses from my side are more than in place, I never believed that Barry and friends would make this happen! The newsletter is what ensures that all EA’s will get there TBL which they paid for some four years ago! We look forward to the next title from DP and hope they again will invest time and money to make the most amazing game and marketing show! Keep up the hard working in the south of the Netherlands and all the luck to the pinheads who will get there TBL delivered soon!

#11865 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It's not interpretation.. people are just using the wrong terminology.

1:3 is a ratio - and that's what DP is doing... for every 1 EA game, they are building 3 other games.

If you want to express EA games as a FRACTION instead of a ratio... it's 1/4. One fourth, or one out of 4 games, is a EA game.

Two different expressive descriptions that result in the same output.

#11866 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

May be a lost in translation thing, but I think most people in the US anyway would interpret a “1:4 ratio” as meaning for every one new EA game, four others must be sold. It sounds like the intention was to say 1/4 of games produced will now go to EAs (a ratio of 1:3), which is good news.

Whoops - looking back I thought the NSNL had used the “1:4 ratio” terminology, but it clearly said that out of four games produced, one will go to an EA (ie 1/4 of games will go to EAs, or a 1:3 ratio). My bad for introducing confusion on this point where there shouldn’t have been any.

#11867 3 years ago

Bit late to the party, however whats the deal with obtaining a Early Achiever these days?

I'm assuming that boat has long sailed?

#11868 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Bit late to the party, however whats the deal with obtaining a Early Achiever these days?
I'm assuming that boat has long sailed?

Only about 5 years late on that. I am sure someone will sell you their spot though.

#11869 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Only about 5 years late on that. I am sure someone will sell you their spot though.

Foolish! They have never been ever close to get their game!

#11870 3 years ago

Foolish! They have never been ever close to get their game!

Really?

What if you're EA #190 (@Hoss_Coog)? Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on current plan, DP would need to sell 300-400+ games in order to fulfill those EA games at the back of the line.
That's a lot of $12.5K games in a rocky economy.

#11871 3 years ago

Glass half-full guy says all will be back to normal soon and EA190’s game us as good as built.
Glass half-empty guy says the apocalypse is coming.
Reality is somewhere between (hopefully leaning towards the glass half-full guy).

#11872 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Glass half-empty guy says the apocalypse is coming.

Exaggerate much? Please explain how "rocky economy" translates to "apocalypse."

#11873 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Pretty sure he was joking. Not everything is serious

#11874 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty sure he was joking. Not everything is serious

We should be allowed to give counterpoints, right?
I just ask people to put themselves in the EAs' shoes. Imagine having your money tied up for 5+ years. It's easier to say "hang in there" from the sidelines.
Of course, I want Barry to succeed. I'm thrilled to see him rolling out more games. I just hope there is enough steam to fuel the EA backorders.
Fingers crossed.

#11875 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

We should be allowed to give counterpoints, right?
I just ask people to put themselves in the EAs' shoes. Imagine having your money tied up for 5+ years. It's easier to say "hang in there" from the sidelines.
Of course, I want Barry to succeed. I'm thrilled to see him rolling out more games. I just hope there is enough steam to fuel the EA backorders.
Fingers crossed.

Ok this is confusing..

Why Aren't all the EA back orders made and shipped out first?

WTF?

#11876 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ok this is confusing..
WTF?

You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

DP is broke. Without new sales, nobody gets a game.

#11877 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ok this is confusing..
WTF?

You have been a member of Pinside for 8 years and don't know the whole DP story. Unbelievable!

#11878 3 years ago

I would probably pay about $6000 for EA #190's spot. Just throwing that out there.

But I'd rather buy a $12,500 pin and help EA 54 get their game now.

#11879 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I was half joking. I’m optimistic, but there are preppers preparing for the worst.

#11880 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

You have been a member of Pinside for 8 years and don't know the whole DP story. Unbelievable!

Because I don't live for pinball.. I have MANY other interests.

Should try other hobbies. There's an abundance of them in the world! haha..

#11881 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

DP is broke. Without new sales, nobody gets a game.

Ok thanks for the explanation. Child hardly..

Just not glued to pinball..

#11882 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ok this is confusing..
WTF?

Quoted from ectobar:

Damn. Beat me to it.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

Not sure what's worse: the number of years this thread has ended up dragging on or the number of "Donnies" that have wandered in and out of it over that time.

#11883 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Really?
What if you're EA #190 (Hoss_Coog)? Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on current plan, DP would need to sell 300-400+ games in order to fulfill those EA games at the back of the line.
That's a lot of $12.5K games in a rocky economy.

When Barry offered EAs the option of buying a second TBL and either getting a refund or taking delivery of the original TBL order when their place in the EA line was reached, I bought a second TBL and took delivery in early December. I justified it several ways. At the least, I'd have my (very expensive) TBL if things didn't work out in the future and all EA machines weren't produced. If it works out and my second TBL gets produced, I will have enjoyed the one I received in December and can either get a refund when the original order is ready, or take delivery and sell it for more than my original order cost which will reduce what I paid for my second TBL.

At the time I ordered my second TBL, I estimated that my place in the EA line wouldn't come up until the end of 2021 at the earliest. If I'd have been in the 50s - 70s, I'd have waited. I do feel more confident at this point that my original order will be produced, the question is when.

#11884 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

When Barry offered EAs the option of buying a second TBL and either getting a refund or taking delivery of the original TBL order when their place in the EA line was reached, I bought a second TBL and took delivery in early December. I justified it several ways. At the least, I'd have my (very expensive) TBL if things didn't work out in the future and all EA machines weren't produced. If it works out and my second TBL gets produced, I will have enjoyed the one I received in December and can either get a refund when the original order is ready, or take delivery and sell it for more than my original order cost which will reduce what I paid for my second TBL.
At the time I ordered my second TBL, I estimated that my place in the EA line wouldn't come up until the end of 2021 at the earliest. If I'd have been in the 50s - 70s, I'd have waited. I do feel more confident at this point that my original order will be produced, the question is when.

I was #146 and probably would have done the same as you had I stayed in. I didn't know that a refund would even be an option once your number was reached, so I understand why you'd feel more at ease. Plus, like you said, you get to play the game now AND it helps push DP to the goal line (slowly but surely).

I look forward to the day you get your official EA game. That should pretty bookend this whole saga.

#11885 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Damn. Beat me to it.
[quoted image]
Not sure what's worse: the number of years this thread has ended up dragging on or the number of "Donnies" that have wandered in and out of it over that time.

I don’t blame him, I have asked the same question 2-3 years ago. Got no dollar in this mess and guys were probably still lenient with what you call « donnies »
Now I get an order waiting since the middle of March. Last month, Barry said to me it will take 3-4 months to build it, and last week it will take 5-6 months! In a month I lost 3...coz of covid (what he said). Ok my situation is far away from EAs that currently Still have their money off. Don’t know if I go to the end.

#11886 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ok thanks for the explanation. Child hardly..

DONNIE YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!

#11887 3 years ago

Why give the guy a hard time...

@riffbear, it’s a long story, with many ins and outs.
But now things are moving in the right direction.

#11888 3 years ago

Never thought I’d see any more of these games produced i’m super happy for everyone involved. Game on!

#11889 3 years ago

Is there any way to know how cointaker is prioritizing the preorders they took without deposit vs those they more recently began taking with a deposit? Can’t see right to get a straight answer from them.

#11890 3 years ago

Bump:
My spot (EA 105) so 50ish EA games way- $11,000 now.

It will be a STANDARD game.

Save yourself $1,500!

#11891 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Is there any way to know how cointaker is prioritizing the preorders they took without deposit vs those they more recently began taking with a deposit? Can’t see right to get a straight answer from them.

Melissa is going by the original non deposit list, once all those people get their games she will go to the recent deposit list.

#11892 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Bump:
My spot (EA 105) so 50ish EA games way- $11,000 now.
It will be a STANDARD game.
Save yourself $1,500!

Would you offer a refund should it fail to be delivered by end of 2021?

#11893 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Melissa is going by the original non deposit list, once all those people get their games she will go to the recent deposit list.

Thanks. But with no published list, how would one know if a paid deposit spot jumps ahead of a non-deposit?

#11894 3 years ago

Would you offer a refund should it fail to be delivered by end of 2021?

I have faith in DP - so yeah I would refund the money and take it up with Barry.

#11895 3 years ago

It had been wird all that happened a month ago. Nobody expected that so soon DP would start delivering one of the EA TBL. Thing worked out fine for Barry after that roller couster ride in which all EA money of approx 180 clients was spend. Jaap ran away from his obligation to customers, after deploying all his skills in managing the project with the former CM. Then just the end of April 2020 it was annouced that EA#52 was on it’s way home. As the productionline is picking up speed at more than four TBL’s pro week, I heard some whispering that EA#53 & EA54 & EA55 & EA56 are boxed and due to leave the factory to hit the road on there way home! This is amazing good news for all of use in this troubled times specially for EA’s! And also for pinheads that weren’t EA which want one, give your money in deposit so DP can keep up there good work! Delivery times are strongly decreasing and keep in mind that EA#180 is more patience waiting than new money may expect!

#11896 3 years ago

Thanks. But with no published list, how would one know if a paid deposit spot jumps ahead of a non-deposit?

You don’t. However, CT has been nothing but great and transparent (while still getting shit done).

Mine is coming in the next few weeks and really excited to add it to the collection.

If you want one, add your name and watch the progress going on in this thread. (Or don’t and buy one on the market)

#11897 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

You don’t. However, CT has been nothing but great and transparent (while still getting shit done).
Mine is coming in the next few weeks and really excited to add it to the collection.
If you want one, add your name and watch the progress going on in this thread. (Or don’t and buy one on the market)

Roughly when did you get on the list?

#11898 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Now you just need some mods!

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

#11899 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Don't be a dick, no need to act like a top dog on the internet you smart ass

#11900 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Why give the guy a hard time...
riffbear, it’s a long story, with many ins and outs.
But now things are moving in the right direction.

Ah thanks finally a sensible response!

Much appreciated.

It's a shame as ya can often get morons who are bitter and make the hobby ugly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 210.00
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/238 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.