(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,279 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Scotty_K
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 306.
#11751 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Just want to share my experience as well.
I was looking for a TBL the past few years. Then when I heard podcast rumors that the DP legal battle was coming to a close I sent Melissa an email sometime I think in May 2019 (never worked with cointaker prior to this) telling her that I am a collector and if by chance somebody backed out or if they had one that was unspoken for, that I would be interested in buying it outright. I didn't hear anything back until July 10th, when Melissa told me that they would have some available first week of August. These turned out to be the hostage games. I paid in full, and it was at my house a few weeks later.
Looking back on the email I wonder where the "extras" went.
From Melissa's original email in August.
"The price is $12,500.00.  It includes freight in, freight out to you, all import fees, plus full insurance.  Also includes topper, flipper bats, vinyl art blades, plastic protectors, and a shooter plate."
I assumed it would come with flipper bats... not sure what a "shooter plate" is, but if anything it sure would have been nice to have received plastic protectors, art blades and a topper...

This was only for the initial 40 games that we shipped!

#11752 3 years ago

I've wanted a TBL since the beginning but I decided not to pull the trigger until the EAs were getting their machines. I am curious how complete is the code, is there a wizard mode? Are most of the call-outs present? Is there any more work expected on the code?

#11753 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I've wanted a TBL since the beginning but I decided not to pull the trigger until the EAs were getting their machines. I am curious how complete is the code, is there a wizard mode? Are most of the call-outs present? Is there any more work expected on the code?

The EA's won't get the games they deserve if we don't buy more. Something to think about.
Mines getting shipped with EA#52

#11754 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

The EA's won't get the games they deserve if we don't buy more. Something to think about.
Mines getting shipped with EA#52

Thought he posted pics of his game arriving last week?

#11755 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thought he posted pics of his game arriving last week?

I think that was a shot of game #52 boxed up for shipping at the factory, three days ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/235#post-5625658

#11756 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think that was a shot of game #52 boxed up for shipping at the factory, three days ago.

You are correct my apologies. Was wondering why we haven’t seen any unveil shots yet lol.

#11757 3 years ago

It almost seems like the EA are getting catfished thinking they'll someday see a game....sucks

#11758 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

It almost seems like the EA are getting catfished thinking they'll someday see a game....sucks

Well...my EA game arrives in a couple days, so DP has started to make good on their word, just took some time. If they continue to sell this awesome machine, and it is awesome, EA's will be fulfilled. Progress is being made...

#11759 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Well...my EA game arrives in a couple days, so DP has started to make good on their word, just took some time. If they continue to sell this awesome machine, and it is awesome, EA's will be fulfilled. Progress is being made...

Congrats on getting your game! I am #70 and hopeful that I too will see mine. It would be really nice if DP would come out and communicate the plan for fulfilling EA games...what is the ratio of new money to EA games..2 to 1, 3 to 1, 4 to 1...that way we could estimate when we might see our game.

Enjoy!
Ed

#11760 3 years ago

Just out of curiosity, is the code being updated throughout the new runs to add additional modes, features, etc.? I am interested in this game (I've always been), but wondering the code's current depth and perhaps what DP may have promised regarding more code? Would love to hear thoughts of current owners on this front. Also, are the newer machines arriving with zero issues (or at least a lot less issues) than the earlier ones where folks were all trying to figure out homemade fixes?

Thanks!

#11761 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Congrats on getting your game! I am #70 and hopeful that I too will see mine. It would be really nice if DP would come out and communicate the plan for fulfilling EA games...what is the ratio of new money to EA games..2 to 1, 3 to 1, 4 to 1...that way we could estimate when we might see our game.
Enjoy!
Ed

I’m happy to take part you get your game buddy.

#11762 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Enjoy!
Ed

On this question earlier an article on an interview with Barry was posted where you can find the answer you desire, see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/232#post-5577461

Also nice to know that DP hired an extra assembly line worker since 1st may. When he is brought up to speed this should mean production time decreases.

Now let’s hope covid-19 doesn’t interrupt parts supply. In current strange world many things have become uncertain

#11763 3 years ago

The article says: "The intention is to work according to the principle: if two new TBLs are ready, one goes
to a new buyer and one goes to an Early Achiever. In the beginning, the ratio may be a bit different: 3 new to 1 ordered."

From what I have seen, only 1 EA game has shipped versus probably 20+ new money TBL's have shipped. When will we see the 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 ratio being fulfilled? There should be 1 EA being fulfilled every week based upon the article and that is clearly not taking place!

Thanks

#11764 3 years ago

Does anyone’s Donny gate stay open too long? I get bounce backs thru it often.

#11765 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Does anyone’s Donny gate stay open too long? I get bounce backs thru it often.

The Donny gate stays usually open during a longer period indeed. I expect however that the cause of your issue is that the second ballgate is not opening on time and reflects from that ballgate. Only than it is able to go back through the Donny aye. Eg you are unable to make the total normal loop shot. Is that second ball gate still working properly? I have seen once a problem with a TBL that the spring which connects the gate to the coil has come loose.

#11766 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

The article says: "The intention is to work according to the principle: if two new TBLs are ready, one goes
to a new buyer and one goes to an Early Achiever. In the beginning, the ratio may be a bit different: 3 new to 1 ordered."
From what I have seen, only 1 EA game has shipped versus probably 20+ new money TBL's have shipped. When will we see the 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 ratio being fulfilled? There should be 1 EA being fulfilled every week based upon the article and that is clearly not taking place!
Thanks

The ratio mentioned there wasn’t supposed to be there from the start. First funds needed to be gathered to be able to start production eg rent a place, but tools, buy parts etc. Eg to get DP in a stable position.

I do expect-hope however that the ratio 3 to 1 is kept from now on. That is, if Corona doesn’t interfere

And production ratio is now 4 pcs per 2 weeks, the 4 pcs per week is the aim to reach during 2020. This as per same article. Pls read it with more care. Thanks.

#11767 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The Donny gate stays usually open during a longer period indeed. I expect however that the cause of your issue is that the second ballgate is not opening on time and reflects from that ballgate. Only than it is able to go back through the Donny aye. Eg you are unable to make the total normal loop shot. Is that second ball gate still working properly? I have seen once a problem with a TBL that the spring which connects the gate to the coil has come loose.

I haven’t had the game even a week yet, is the Donny shot always supposed to be a full loop? I assumed it was meant to go into the pops, or is that not the case?

#11768 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

I haven’t had the game even a week yet, is the Donny shot always supposed to be a full loop? I assumed it was meant to go into the pops, or is that not the case?

Yours is busted. I'll take it off your hands.

#11769 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yours is busted. I'll take it off your hands.

I wouldn’t even take 3 of your best games for it!

#11770 3 years ago

Rensh you were 100% correct, loose spring...thanks man!

Quoted from Rensh:

#11771 3 years ago

Here’s an offer..

I’m EA 105..
Some of us EA’s came to an arrangement- buy another game and get our EA game now,

Then, when our number is up in line receive a standard TBL.

I will offer my spot - for $10,000.

Save $2500, or... looking at the amount these things go for, save $5000...

#11772 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Here’s an offer..
I’m EA 105..
Some of us EA’s came to an arrangement- buy another game and get our EA game now,
Then, when our number is up in line receive a standard TBL.
I will offer my spot - for $10,000.
Save $2500, or... looking at the amount these things go for... save $5000...

#11773 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

rensh you were 100% correct, loose spring...thanks man!

Glad it helped. And now enjoy shooting the loops

#11774 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Glad it helped. And now enjoy shooting the loops

Oh I did!

D2A87A2F-9836-4A31-9585-546C57F3EF5D (resized).jpegD2A87A2F-9836-4A31-9585-546C57F3EF5D (resized).jpeg
#11775 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Oh I did![quoted image]

Over the line. Mark it zero.

#11776 3 years ago
#11777 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Oh I did![quoted image]

Play better

You can do it

F92B3218-5AB0-43C4-9911-9A9EBAE3D6D2 (resized).jpegF92B3218-5AB0-43C4-9911-9A9EBAE3D6D2 (resized).jpeg

#11778 3 years ago

If you want your gif to be animated on pinside, you have to select “PDF/GIF (no rescaling)” from the drop down menu before you upload it.

#11779 3 years ago

DAMN!

Quoted from Rensh:

Play better
You can do it
[quoted image]

#11780 3 years ago

This is how I did it

#11781 3 years ago

You must have topped someone's high score at UMPG, as they blocked the video...

#11782 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You must have topped someone's high score at UMPG, as they blocked the video...

More then likely it was due to the sound track. Great score though

#11783 3 years ago

I had indeed a warning from YouTube but have removed via YouTube the concerned soundtrack which was the blocking issue. Apparently still not working, damned

#11784 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I had indeed a warning from YouTube but have removed via YouTube the concerned soundtrack which was the blocking issue. Apparently still not working, damned

It plays fine in the USA if using a German VPN.

#11785 3 years ago

Well that was exicting news! One EA TBL on the way to it’s rightfull owner, after a lost lawsuit more than a year ago!! There is a promise that there will be a ratio new money and EA... but again silence has come to us Will this be the first and last EA for 2020? Or will all EA get what they are owned? For sure this single EA TBL is released due to all nice requests and lovely comments in this tread.

#11787 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballyDutchy:

Well that was exicting news! One EA TBL on the way to it’s rightfull owner, after a lost lawsuit more than a year ago!! There is a promise that there will be a ratio new money and EA... but again silence has come to us Will this be the first and last EA for 2020? Or will all EA get what they are owned? For sure this single EA TBL is released due to all nice requests and lovely comments in this tread.

Frankly, I don't care if you spam troll opinions over and over. But at least be a man about it and stop using this troll anon account to spread your happiness and joy.

#11789 3 years ago

I am sorry about I cannot find the answer anywhere, most probably am blind.

How many EA pinballs where made?
Have these EA buyers lost money?

#11790 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

How many EA pinballs where made?

Approximately 90. I don’t know that anyone knows the exact count from several years ago when DP was first shipping games, but I’ve seen the number 50 repeated here. Then last year, 40 additional games (that were manufactured years ago but had been sitting in a warehouse awaiting resolution of a mfr dispute) were sold (or resold depending on your POV) for $12.5k USD, and I believe those still have the “Early Achiever” designation. And just recently one EA was notified that he’ll be receiving the game he paid for, so you can add that to the tally of EA games produced.

Quoted from extendo:

Have these EA buyers lost money?

The hope is that DP will be able to sell enough new games at $12.5k to fund production of the ~135 games it owes to the EAs. But in the meantime the EAs are still out the money they paid years ago.

#11791 3 years ago

EA#53 was the first one Barry managed to build for an EA, the 53 where build by a CT called ARA years ago. ARA held approx 40 TBL’s in store due to the fact DP refuse to pay for the delivered games. These where finally sold for new money last year. There are approx 130 EA’s sadly enough waiting for there TBL at this moment.

#11792 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Approximately 90. I don’t know that anyone knows the exact count from several years ago when DP was first shipping games, but I’ve seen the number 50 repeated here. Then last year, 40 additional games (that were manufactured years ago but had been sitting in a warehouse awaiting resolution of a mfr dispute) were sold (or resold depending on your POV) for $12.5k USD, and I believe those still have the “Early Achiever” designation. And just recently one EA was notified that he’ll be receiving the game he paid for, so you can add that to the tally of EA games produced.

The hope is that DP will be able to sell enough new games at $12.5k to fund production of the ~135 games it owes to the EAs. But in the meantime the EAs are still out the money they paid years ago.

Think you are confused In a nutshell

ARA make 50 games and send to EA’s

ARA had 40 games, some complete and some missing few parts- these were supposed to be EA games but do not go out and these were held due to issues with contract.

After lawsuit - DP looses
The 40 games were then sold by Coin Taker to clear DP’s debt to ARA.

So 50-53 ish EA have their games-

DP I think took 180 - 200 deposits/full money out of the Original run of 300 proposed machines.

So DP owe say 180 - 53 = 133 EA games to its fully paid investors!

#11793 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Think you are confused

He asked how many “EA” games were made, which I interpreted as asking how many games are out there with the “Achiever Edition” plaque. I think that’s right around 90 games (40 of which were sold/resold for new money in 2019).

If he instead meant how many of the people that prepaid back in 2015 actually received games, then I agree it’s sadly more like 50.

#11794 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He asked how many “EA” games were made, which I interpreted as asking how many games are out there with the “Achiever Edition” plaque. I think that’s right around 90 games (40 of which were sold/resold for new money in 2019).
If he instead meant how many of the people that prepaid back in 2015 actually received games, then I agree it’s sadly more like 50.

the achiever plaques were supposed to be removed from the 40 games sold to pay off ara lawsuit. so about 53 achiever games have been made

#11795 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

the achiever plaques were supposed to be removed from the 40 games sold to pay off ara lawsuit. so about 53 achiever games have been made

Aha, I missed that detail, but fair enough.

#11796 3 years ago

All good fellas, thank you for the information. This seems all very messy and people are still waiting for the games that they payed for years ago.

In a nut shell there are about 133ish odd EA games that still need to be made.

Then customers can purchase a non EA game from either Dutch or CT or MOP?

The waiting time is huge!

#11797 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

All good fellas, thank you for the information. This seems all very messy and people are still waiting for the games that they payed for years ago.

Now you are confused!

DP are taking orders for games. - In order fo EA to get their games DP need new money and so are selling games through CoinTaker to build cash reserve to be able to complete owed games. Currently looks like 1 EA game to 4 New money games

There is a wait list- you will have to ask Mellissa at CT for the estimated timeframe, but it is not as long as waiting for 130
EA games to be built

#11798 3 years ago

This is what the new EA Apron looks like..

1C940B07-7640-480C-A075-F0CBF4263CC3 (resized).jpeg1C940B07-7640-480C-A075-F0CBF4263CC3 (resized).jpeg
#11799 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I wouldn’t select MoP. They did put the TBL on their website in 2014 and it still stands there for even the original 2014 price. So go direct to DP or via CT. As payment is only required when unit is ready for shipment the risk is minimized as much as possible.

#11800 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This is what the new EA Apron looks like.. [quoted image]

That apron is beautiful. Is Barry going to make a "non achiever" edition as previously suggested?

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/236?hl=n80g80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.