(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 306.
#11701 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I can’t do without that kind of lift table to move my pins, i have no need to ask help.
You put this pin at your business?

Cool. Do you think the smallest one will do the job?

Yes, I have a really great spot for it at my photo studio.

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.11.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.11.21 PM (resized).png
#11702 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Dudes....a couple updates and a question for you...
Melissa @ Cointaker has been awesome, I just set up shipping from DHL and my TBL is about to make it's way here. Thank goodness, even with the rug pissers, they helped Barry come up with a plan to keep them solvent and now starting to do what seemed impossible...fulfill the EA's. I'm so appreciative.
A question for you...my TBL arrives during our pandemic shutdown. It will get delivered to the front door of my business, and I'll go there to accept it. BUT...I need to get this monster inside by myself. It's a simple down angle ramp walkway (no stairs) through my front door and should be manageable if I can find a way to move it myself. I was considering one of these...
https://www.uline.com/BL_1821/Manual-Lift-Tables
do you think this would give me the ability to roll it through my front door and to it's new home about 50 feet into my photo studio? Thanks for any input.

Lift tables are great for moving pins around on flat surfaces. They aren't necessarily huge boosts to setting pins up (they can help, but its usually more an exercise vs simply using a chair, etc). The harbor freight one is readily available and way cheaper than uline. You have to take the handle off or modify it to use with pins (get the table further under the cabinet). There is a whole thread on pinside about everyone's favorite mods to them. I just take the handle off when needed.

To move it in like that, and if that's all its for. It's cheaper and easier to just get an appliance dolly. The hardwheel ones work better for higher weights. HF and other sell a simple one for like $70. you can throw in some straps for $12 and move the box as a whole or unbox the game, and move the game w/o the box on the cart.

Dolly doesn't help get the game up on it's legs... but is more versatile for moving.

#11703 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Lift tables are great for moving pins around on flat surfaces. They aren't necessarily huge boosts to setting pins up (they can help, but its usually more an exercise vs simply using a chair, etc). The harbor freight one is readily available and way cheaper than uline. You have to take the handle off or modify it to use with pins (get the table further under the cabinet). There is a whole thread on pinside about everyone's favorite mods to them. I just take the handle off when needed.
To move it in like that, and if that's all its for. It's cheaper and easier to just get an appliance dolly. The hardwheel ones work better for higher weights. HF and other sell a simple one for like $70. you can throw in some straps for $12 and move the box as a whole or unbox the game, and move the game w/o the box on the cart.
Dolly doesn't help get the game up on it's legs... but is more versatile for moving.

Thanks for the input and rec for a cheaper option! Sounds like I might need both to move it and set it up. In the past I'd just hired our local Game Room Guys since it was getting delivered by them anyways. But this is the 1st time I'm getting a boxed pin dropped off. Appreciate the insight!

#11704 3 years ago

It’s very heavy so be ready. Even lowering it can be dicey. Good luck.

#11705 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Yes, I have a really great spot for it at my photo studio.[quoted image]

Not Dude related but Wow, that is a beautiful studio!!! Would be a pleasure going to work in that environment no doubt. Add the Dude and I would never leave. Congrats!!

#11706 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Yes, I have a really great spot for it at my photo studio.[quoted image]

Yes the smallest is enough, it can carry the heaviest pin like large one.
I like theses lift tables because you can move the pins easily and put them on their legs even more easily.
Great studio buddy. Congrats

#11707 3 years ago

I use this one from HF - its cheap and does the job - lots of threads on modifying the handle as a permanent pin mover...

https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-61405.html

#11708 3 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

I use this one from HF - its cheap and does the job - lots of threads on modifying the handle as a permanent pin mover...
https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-61405.html

Better and cheaper!

#11709 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not Dude related but Wow, that is a beautiful studio!!! Would be a pleasure going to work in that environment no doubt. Add the Dude and I would never leave. Congrats!!

Thanks! I basically finished it from a dirt shell about 11 years ago. It used to be a shipping dock of a Steelcase factory. Put a lot of love into it, and it is a pleasure to go to work there.

#11710 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hi Dave when you have a minute can you take a look at the mail please? thanks @yelobird

#11711 3 years ago

Thanks for all the help dudes! I'll probably just order the HF one then to get walk it through the door and then move TSPP out of the way and replace with TBL. Here's the spot it's going to go, I have 20 foot birch trees installed in my photo studio and TBL will live in the forest...

MRP_6586 (resized).jpgMRP_6586 (resized).jpgMRP_6643v (resized).jpgMRP_6643v (resized).jpgstudio2 (resized).jpgstudio2 (resized).jpg
#11712 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Melissa @ Cointaker has been awesome, I just set up shipping from DHL and my TBL is about to make it's way here. Thank goodness, even with the rug pissers, they helped Barry come up with a plan to keep them solvent and now starting to do what seemed impossible...fulfill the EA's. I'm so appreciative.

Congratulations on getting the call that your EA game is shipping! What EA # are you? I am #70 and really hoping I see it one day!

All the best!
Ed

#11713 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Congratulations on getting the call that your EA game is shipping! What EA # are you? I am #70 and really hoping I see it one day!
All the best!
Ed

Thanks! Been one hell of a ride, especially after being the next in line when this all went down... I'm EA #52. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. They are making progress.

#11714 3 years ago

You should be able to move it with a dolly if you have someone helping you. You probably don't need a lift table, but its a cheap and useful tool.

#11715 3 years ago

Love the studio pics, Maude would feel right at home there! I'm sure the painter's harness just wasn't pictured.

Re: the 500lb Harbor Freight lift table, another happy user here, can't imagine not owning one as it makes it so easy to move the machines around solo. Here's the (long) Pinside thread, lots of great ideas on modding it to make it work with pins.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table

If you're going the HF route, remember to use the ubiquitous 20% off coupon for extra cheapness:
https://go.harborfreight.com/coupons/2019/08/20-off-any-single-item-at-harbor-freight/

#11716 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Love the studio pics, Maude would feel right at home there! I'm sure the painter's harness just wasn't pictured.
Re: the 500lb Harbor Freight lift table, another happy user here, can't imagine not owning one as it makes it so easy to move the machines around solo. Here's the (long) Pinside thread, lots of great ideas on modding it to make it work with pins.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table
If you're going the HF route, remember to use the ubiquitous 20% off coupon for extra cheapness:
https://go.harborfreight.com/coupons/2019/08/20-off-any-single-item-at-harbor-freight/

Awesome! Thanks so much for this!

Quoted from Dan1733:

You should be able to move it with a dolly if you have someone helping you. You probably don't need a lift table, but its a cheap and useful tool.

I will be doing it all solo due to Covid-19 from DHL dropping the box at the front door. So that's part of making sure I've got the right tools to get it rolled inside and set up solo. Mequon - took the car ferry across there when I was about 10 years old and kissed my first "girlfriend" there.

Thanks everyone!

#11717 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Thanks for all the help dudes! I'll probably just order the HF one then to get walk it through the door and then move TSPP out of the way and replace with TBL. Here's the spot it's going to go, I have 20 foot birch trees installed in my photo studio and TBL will live in the forest...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The feng shui is strong in your workspace.

#11718 3 years ago

Dropped my deposit today, hopefully I get it within a year. It was the only way to convince my wife into letting me get another machine, since I won't have to pay for the rest of it until it ships. I guess that's what happens when you get into the hobby and buy 2 machines within 3 months.

#11719 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Dropped my deposit today, hopefully I get it within a year. It was the only way to convince my wife into letting me get another machine, since I won't have to pay for the rest of it until it ships. I guess that's what happens when you get into the hobby and buy 2 machines within 3 months.

which EA game number you are?

#11720 3 years ago

which EA game number you are?

He is not an EA.
Just put deposit down with Cointaker.

#11721 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

He is not an EA.
Just put deposit down with Cointaker.

Bad understanding sorry... EAs are all sold out. How many they are supposed to be?

#11722 3 years ago

I sent deposit March 11th. CT has said 2-3 months from now. I'd be impressed if it was that quick.

#11723 3 years ago

Bad understanding sorry... EAs are all sold out. How many they are supposed to be?

Not sure, emailed Melissa from Cointaker and she told me they were still taking deposits. So I went ahead and jumped on board, the site says allow anywhere from 6 to 8 months for delivery , but it'll probably be longer.

#11724 3 years ago

I am getting a bit worried by all of the "I put a deposit down" talk. I got on the list when Melissa was saying "we aren't taking any money now; you'll pay in full when we have your game ready to ship." Anyone else in the same boat? You're on the list and didn't put down a deposit? Anyone in that position actually bought and received a game?

#11725 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I am getting a bit worried by all of the "I put a deposit down" talk. I got on the list when Melissa was saying "we aren't taking any money now; you'll pay in full when we have your game ready to ship." Anyone else in the same boat? You're on the list and didn't put down a deposit? Anyone in that position actually bought and received a game?

I talked with Melissa yesterday. They are taking deposits, and things are moving along. She had a lot of good feedback, and they are a huge reason this project has been able to move forward. If you want one, this is the safest and fastest bet (unless paying 15K+ to buy off an owner).

#11726 3 years ago

Put my deposit down this week.

#11727 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Yeah, I am. Been on the list for around 9 months now. I asked directly about it, when CT posted that they were taking deposits again, and was told that those of us on the list already, were ahead of the $1,000 down folks that were being added. TIFWIW.

#11728 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I sent deposit March 11th. CT has said 2-3 months from now. I'd be impressed if it was that quick.

Same date too. Barry said to me 3-4 months. I don’t expect faster.

#11729 3 years ago

My experience:

I was #40 on the Cointaker list when the games were being released from ARA to Cointaker. CT got sent fewer than the 40 and I was put on "the list" Was told I was first in line......I was passed by many times and finally inquired to CT

Put name on list 7/11/19
Was told that an original customer backed out and was offered spot #40 7/29/19
Lots of excuses had no money at risk so just waited it out
Was told game was ready to ship in 3 weeks 1/19/20
Was invoiced for the game on 1/29/20
Paid for the game (in full) on 1/29/20
Lots of bullshit for a few months
Game was received 4/27/20

#11730 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

My experience:
I was #40 on the Cointaker list when the games were being released from ARA to Cointaker. CT got sent fewer than the 40 and I was put on "the list" Was told I was first in line......I was passed by many times and finally inquired to CT
Put name on list 7/11/19

You don’t seem to be happy to get finally your pin.

I know it was a long way but now you can enjoy it

#11731 3 years ago

very happy......been waiting for years and years!!!!

Just trying to manage expectations for future buyers.

#11732 3 years ago

Thanks for the insight and possible future expectations kapper. I’m good if I can get it within a years time. I totally trust Melissa from Cointaker, she was one of the key people in setting up the GoFundMe page for TPF. She’s all about the pinball community and has our back.

#11733 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

very happy......been waiting for years and years!!!!
Just trying to manage expectations for future buyers.

Was the wait worth it? That’s all I want to know.

#11734 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Thanks for the insight and possible future expectations kapper. I’m good if I can get it within a years time. I totally trust Melissa from Cointaker, she was one of the key people in setting up the GoFundMe page for TPF. She’s all about the pinball community and has our back.

As someone that waited and waited and got one - I can assure you Melissa will eventually deliver! Love CT.

#11735 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

My experience:
Put name on list 7/11/19

Man these last few entries are making me feel like I've missed the boat somewhere along the way. I talked to Melissa in late August 2019, and I've followed up multiple times asking about deposits and my position in line with no real response. Now people are talking about putting down deposits and I've never been asked for one or even told where I'm at. Feels like I'm just getting bumped down the line.

#11736 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Man these last few entries are making me feel like I've missed the boat somewhere along the way. I talked to Melissa in late August 2019, and I've followed up multiple times asking about deposits and my position in line with no real response. Now people are talking about putting down deposits and I've never been asked for one or even told where I'm at. Feels like I'm just getting bumped down the line.

Give her a call...

#11737 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, I am. Been on the list for around 9 months now. I asked directly about it, when CT posted that they were taking deposits again, and was told that those of us on the list already, were ahead of the $1,000 down folks that were being added. TIFWIW.

Same here, talked to Melissa last week and got the same information but still no invoice or anything like that... I've been on the list since the start but missed on the original batch and have been waiting and periodically pinging Melissa as we go. I'm not impatient or anything and totally understand where Melissa is coming from and don't want to be a real pain in her backside over a pinball machine so I've just been periodically pinging her and playing the wait and see game.

Thanks,
Jeff

#11738 3 years ago

Just want to share my experience as well.

I was looking for a TBL the past few years. Then when I heard podcast rumors that the DP legal battle was coming to a close I sent Melissa an email sometime I think in May 2019 (never worked with cointaker prior to this) telling her that I am a collector and if by chance somebody backed out or if they had one that was unspoken for, that I would be interested in buying it outright. I didn't hear anything back until July 10th, when Melissa told me that they would have some available first week of August. These turned out to be the hostage games. I paid in full, and it was at my house a few weeks later.

Looking back on the email I wonder where the "extras" went.

From Melissa's original email in August.

"The price is $12,500.00.  It includes freight in, freight out to you, all import fees, plus full insurance.  Also includes topper, flipper bats, vinyl art blades, plastic protectors, and a shooter plate."

I assumed it would come with flipper bats... not sure what a "shooter plate" is, but if anything it sure would have been nice to have received plastic protectors, art blades and a topper...

#11739 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

it sure would have been nice to have received plastic protectors, art blades and a topper...

Is there an “official” TBL topper? Or art blades?

#11740 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is there an “official” TBL topper? Or art blades?

Not that I know of. Thought it was strange when I looked back at the email.

#11741 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

relax.. Melissa is going by the list, got email out of the blue. the original list needed no deposit, be patient everyone.

#11742 3 years ago

Repeated post for some reason

#11743 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

relax.. Melissa is going by the list, got email out of the blue. the original list needed no deposit, be patient everyone.

The list has been "fluid", it's definitely not carved in stone. Relying on email or idea of a firm list was my mistake. It hasn't worked that way, so I suggest anyone who is interested CALL Melissa, confirm your spot-timing, and follow-up for an update when that time passes.

#11744 3 years ago

I wonder how many of these games would be sold if it was being made under drama-free circumstances and priced reasonably.

I'd probably buy one. Maybe.

The problem is that you can never tell if you're going to like a game or not until you get a chance to play it many times.

I bought a CV for my wife and a TAF for me. Now she plays the TAF all the time and I camp out on the CV.

And I thought the CV was a waste of money for about a month until it "clicked."

That's why all the "what's the best pinball" threads are a waste of time. Like asking "what's the best song."

#11745 3 years ago

Just to put things in perspective, I am an EA and was paid in full in 2015. I think if you have to wait a year without complaining you should consider yourself lucky!

#11746 3 years ago

EA #52 built and officially on it's way!

IMG_0563 (resized).JPGIMG_0563 (resized).JPG
#11747 3 years ago

Congratulations EA#52!

It’s been a while ride.. lots of ins.. lots of outs..

Enjoy your game!

#11748 3 years ago

Sweet!!

#11749 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

OK, good. I am still on the list, around position 20, when I talked to Melissa a couple weeks ago. I call her about once per month. She is always pleasant but I get the feeling I am annoying her.

#11750 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

OK, good. I am still on the list, around position 20, when I talked to Melissa a couple weeks ago. I call her about once per month. She is always pleasant but I get the feeling I am annoying her.

Would be nice if there were regular communication?!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/235 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.