(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 306.
#11601 4 years ago

Thanks for posting this—I’d also be interested in reading the game review.

#11602 4 years ago

ahh.. Barry's favorite kind of piece!

Where only his perspective is covered and he gets to shape the world as he wants.

Anyone want to wager if his China partner would tell the same story as Barry did?

I hope you all are counting how many games he thinks he'll sell before they are more 'financially stable' to put out maybe 50ish EA games a year.

#11603 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

ahh.. Barry's favorite kind of piece!
Where only his perspective is covered and he gets to shape the world as he wants.
Anyone want to wager if his China partner would tell the same story as Barry did?
I hope you all are counting how many games he thinks he'll sell before they are more 'financially stable' to put out maybe 50ish EA games a year.

Yeah Love to see any dialog finally coming out but he really shouldn't mention ANY numbers for anything as they honestly don't add up at all?? Says in 2020 they hope to build 100 games, then says he's targeting 4 per week? Isn't that 208? Then the part about a hope to build the EA games in 2020 but more than likely 2021. Using his 3 to 1 ratio at 100 games build Seems like that would be 25 EA games per year at 6 Years? All math assuming there isn't a pandemic or anything... Just happy to see this game still chugging along.

#11604 4 years ago

Nothing wrong with hope and optimism, but some people are a bit bullish on the future market for $12.5K games (especially ones called The Big Lebowski).

There were already declines in the luxury real estate, fashion, jewelry, art, and classic car markets long before this virus kicked in.

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" 

#11605 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah Love to see any dialog finally coming out but he really shouldn't mention ANY numbers for anything as they honestly don't add up at all?? Says in 2020 they hope to build 100 games, then says he's targeting 4 per week? Isn't that 208? Then the part about a hope to build the EA games in 2020 but more than likely 2021. Using his 3 to 1 ratio at 100 games build Seems like that would be 25 EA games per year at 6 Years? All math assuming there isn't a pandemic or anything... Just happy to see this game still chugging along.

It was pretty clear to me that he was targeting 4 per week as optimal production rate that he would expect to hit at some point in 2020. He never said he expected to average that rate from January 1, 2020.

#11606 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

It was pretty clear to me that he was targeting 4 per week as optimal production rate that he would expect to hit at some point in 2020. He never said he expected to average that rate from January 1, 2020.

Nor did I say he was? I said he is Targeting 4 per week as he said. My question was the math.

#11607 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nor did I say he was? I said he is Targeting 4 per week as he said.

Folowing by 'Isn't that 208?' (=52x4, so you are actually saying from januari 1th, 52 weeks without a break). After that you 're using 100 games per year (so no upscaling involved during 2020) as an example for how long it will take in total from now on.
It would probably be more fair to claim it'd be in the 150 - 180 range after 2020 when all works out well and they're up to 4 a week (minus some vacation, Christmas and perhaps hicups during a year). And maybe once they produce 4 a week, in later years they'll upscale some more. We'll see. Anyways, it's good they're being produced I think.

#11608 4 years ago

Good they're producing games indeed!

#11609 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Says in 2020 they hope to build 100 games, then says he's targeting 4 per week? Isn't that 208? Then the part about a hope to build the EA games in 2020 but more than likely 2021. Using his 3 to 1 ratio at 100 games build Seems like that would be 25 EA games per year at 6 Years?

I read it a bit differently. I thought he was saying so far they're running at 4 games/2 weeks, which works out to ~100 a year. And that his ambition is to step up to 4 games/week (or ~200/year) by mid-2020. But you're right that neither of those production rates would get games to anywhere close to all of the EAs in 2020. Barry is careful to say that "many" EAs will get a machine in 2020 but that it "may" take until 2021 to cover them all, when clearly, best case scenario on the numbers Barry provided is that it will definitely take until at least 2021 for all EAs to get their machines (I cut him some slack on this point, it's possible he made a more straightforward statement that was lost in translation).

A few thoughts on shipping ratios. On the big podcast last year, Barry used the same 1:3 and 1:2 examples, but also said that they'd need to start off by selling all games produced to new buyers to cover startup costs (the implication being that all of the cash from the resale of pre-made games went to ARA). And then in an NSNL sent late November 2019, DP said "We expect the first (original) EA games to go out beginning of [2020]." I honestly believed that regardless of how sales or production are going, DP would get at least one or two out the door to EAs in the first quarter as a show of good faith. I'd think Barry would want to address that in some fashion.

1 week later
#11610 4 years ago

Rumor has it that a couple EA games are going out in the next batch of 10 with phone calls for notification being yesterday and today. It will be interesting if either are somebody here.

#11611 4 years ago

That would make my year after this mess we're currently in! #52 here, pretty sure I'm next in line. Hope it's true!

#11612 4 years ago

Good luck!

#11613 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

That would make my year after this mess we're currently in! #52 here, pretty sure I'm next in line. Hope it's true!

I'm guessing...nothing?

#11614 4 years ago

Well dudes...it's official. Barry reached out to me today for shipping info.

EA #52 is being built and soon to ship. Also...from Barry:

"and your game will have the plaque as well as the interactively lit apron already installed!"

How fucking cool. I'm so excited, and the rug pissers will be happy to know at least 1 EA pre-order is about to be fulfilled. Will send pics along when she's finally home. Thanks for all the communication you dudes have helped share, especially Rensh & Pinhead. I am sooooooo excited!!!! Hells YES!!!

#11616 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

"and your game will have the plaque as well as the interactively lit apron already installed!"
How fucking cool. I'm so excited, and the rug pissers will be happy to know at least 1 EA pre-order is about to be fulfilled. Will send pics along when she's finally home. Thanks for all the communication you dudes have helped share, especially Rensh & Pinhead. I am sooooooo excited!!!! Hells YES!!!

That really is Awesome news! Congrats on a Looooong road finally ending. Plus a positive sign that some of these pre-paid games will finally find there rightful owners. Really cool, congrats to you!!!!

#11617 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

This really is a huge update to be honest... Thank you for sharing!!!!

Thanks,
Jeff

#11618 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

This really is a huge update to be honest... Thank you for sharing!!!!
Thanks,
Jeff

It's super exciting, but also a huge leap forward for Barry & DP showing they do intend to stay committed and get this done. I hope it eases some minds that they plan to see this through.

#11619 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

AWESOME!!!

#11620 4 years ago

Only 96 more Games until I get mine! Keep them coming Barry!

#11621 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Congratulations! That is awesome news!
Hope all EA’s see their machines soon.

#11622 4 years ago

If you’re not an EA because you ordered from CoinTaker later does that make you an LA (late achiever) or a UA (under achiever)?

#11623 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Well dudes...it's official. Barry reached out to me today for shipping info. EA #52 is being built and soon to ship.

Awesome news! Must be hard to believe you'll soon be playing your game after all of these years and everything in between. Hopefully DP has reached the point where they will implement the 3 to 1 ratio and other EAs will begin receiving their games too.

#11624 4 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

If you’re not an EA because you ordered from CoinTaker later does that make you an LA (late achiever) or a UA (under achiever)?

Or above average achiever OR lucky azz achiever.

Or does it really matter acheiver?

#11625 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

I'm so happy for you! I'm also glad that I didn't get your hopes up for nothing! I was sweating a little there.

#11626 3 years ago

Hi,
As I’m interested in owning this game, I was looking for some several videos with the game in action.
I don’t know if this is the video rendering but it looks as badly lighted with some shadow zones on the playfield.
What are your thoughts about the lightning of this one?
Thanks

#11627 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
As I’m interested in owning this game, I was looking for some several videos with the game in action.
I don’t know if this is the video rendering but it looks as badly lighted with some shadow zones on the playfield.
What are your thoughts about the lightning of this one?
Thanks

Lighting is fine for me and light show is excellent. Capturing a game with leds is difficult for most cams. And yes, there are always darker spots in a game.

I realize it is in Dutch but attached an article I wrote once on an impression Of the TBL.

#11628 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Lighting is fine for me and light show is excellent. Capturing a game with leds is difficult for most cams. And yes, there are always darker spots in a game.
I realize it is in Dutch but attached an article I wrote once on an impression Of the TBL.[quoted image]

Thanks for that, here is an English version.

#11629 3 years ago

So has someone installed a pin stadium kit? Is this game a good candidate for it?

#11630 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And yes, there are always darker spots in a game.

I was talking about the center of playfield and around. What can be disturbing I think, more than in a corner spot.

#11631 3 years ago

So has someone installed a pin stadium kit? Is this game a good candidate for it?

I have lights in my house. Dont need that overpriced pinstadium garbage.

#11632 3 years ago

Lighting is perfect as is. Very bright LEDs. I have many pinstadiums as I like what they do..... This is not the game for it

#11633 3 years ago

Yes, I got the white light version since it doesn’t need color:

72AA1817-6318-4903-BC64-8C21D8A8946F (resized).jpeg72AA1817-6318-4903-BC64-8C21D8A8946F (resized).jpegAA9A83A6-5545-48E7-BCA7-B2989B655181 (resized).jpegAA9A83A6-5545-48E7-BCA7-B2989B655181 (resized).jpeg
#11634 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yes, I got the white light version since it doesn’t need color:[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics.
We can see clearly dark zone in the center of the playfield, around the top and the bottom of lower pf.
However, pinstadium over light the sides for my taste.
Don’t know if adding led strip from the apron can help for the bottom part and one led on each side for the middle.

#11635 3 years ago

General thought - shipping (airplanes) are currently shutdown.

How are machines getting shipped to US?
Or are they waiting to ship until airlines are backup and running?

#11636 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How are machines getting shipped to US?
Or are they waiting to ship until airlines are backup and running?

Cargo flights are still mostly flying but pinball machines are generally too heavy for air freight so they will most likely travel by sea.

#11637 3 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Cargo flights are still mostly flying but pinball machines are generally too heavy for air freight so they will most likely travel by sea.

Ok good to know.
My TBL was air shipped in.
Also, I think they all still are air shipped?

I have parts (fits in small box) - sent priority mail - coming in from Netherlands since March 25th. Still sitting in Netherlands.

FYI

#11638 3 years ago

Thanks for the pics.
We can see clearly dark zone in the center of the playfield, around the top and the bottom of lower pf.
However, pinstadium over light the sides for my taste.
Don’t know if adding led strip from the apron can help for the bottom part and one led on each side for the middle.

Just a note, the pinstadiums are fully adjustable with the app and you can make them as dark or bright as you want. Not sure what setting that photo is but appears pretty bright. You can dim the light as low as you want to all the way off. If you can swallow the price, they have a setting for just about everyone.

#11639 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just a note, the pinstadiums are fully adjustable with the app and you can make them as dark or bright as you want. Not sure what setting that photo is but appears pretty bright. You can dim the light as low as you want to all the way off. If you can swallow the price, they have a setting for just about everyone.

Photo is full bright and I’ve dialed it down some since.

#11640 3 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Wasn’t Alien shipped but plane if the buyer wanted? I think one of the non-North American made games had that option.

#11641 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Wasn’t Alien shipped but plane if the buyer wanted? I think one of the non-North American made games had that option.

Sorry, should have been clearer, by "generally too heavy" I meant it costs a ton to send something that heavy air freight, not that it can't or hasn't been done.

#11642 3 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Sorry, should have been clearer, by "generally too heavy" I meant it costs a ton to send something that heavy air freight, not that it can't or hasn't been done.

That’s how my Lebowski was shipped. FedEx Air.

#11643 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

They aren't.

#11644 3 years ago

I have package coming from PostNL since March 25 - still sitting in Netherlands (PostNL says expedite air shipped to US).

Based on that wondering if people are getting machines from DP?

#11645 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have package coming from PostNL since March 25 - still sitting in Netherlands (PostNL says expedite air shipped to US).

I got mine last Monday, arrived by DHL, Took about 7 working days from being picked up from DP

#11646 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What I expect here is that your package is already in the US but as it has left NL Dutch post can’t update the status anymore.

And yes, TBLs are still shipping. Next week I expect another batch is ready of 4 pcs of which one will go to EA no 52. These are shipped via DHL which is faster as Dutch Post. Only wondering how long DHL will still be able to deliver in the US considering the Corona virus. Let’s hope this will not interfere or much much more important that a medicine-vaccin is found.

#11647 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What I expect here is that your package is already in the US but as it has left NL Dutch post can’t update the status anymore.
And yes, TBLs are still shipping. Next week I expect another batch is ready of 4 pcs of which one will go to EA no 52. These are shipped via DHL which is faster as Dutch Post. Only wondering how long DHL will still be able to deliver in the US considering the Corona virus. Let’s hope this will not interfere or much much more important that a medicine-vaccin is found.

Waiting to clear import - last 4 times it was days ... now going on 3 weeks. Probably rotting in US customs right now with Covid being the priority.

#11648 3 years ago

I am currently immersed in the 26K post for Alien. I have scanned this 11K post, but would someone please give me a quick update on where this pin actually stands? I don't need to hear all about the 5 year tale and the lawsuits. I maybe interested in buying a TBL. What are EAs and LAs? Can you still buy these or are they just filling old preorders? If you can still buy one, are they filling preorders first and then new orders? Any estimate on how long it would take to get one? Are there any different models or options or are they all being built exactly the same?

Thanks

#11649 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

... If you can still buy one, are they filling preorders first and then new orders? ...

lol

If only.

$ talks. Place a new order for $12.5K via CoinTaker. Or pay more to buy one NIB from a flipper.

#11650 3 years ago

Agreed, call Cointaker and they will answer all your questions. Relatively not that long a wait

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/233 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.