(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 306.
#11551 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

The plan is very clearly laid out multiple times in this thread. I downvoted you because I presume you know this and are just trolling to be disruptive... Assuming for one moment that you somehow missed the plan laid out here, again multiple times, the goal is to build/sell enough games so that DP can build and deliver the EA machines that have already been paid for but never built/delivered. If you're looking for specific times/dates then I can't help you there but otherwise there is a clear path forward.
Jeff

But is that really the plan? I know that is what was stated, but until at least 1 EA game is shipped under this so called "plan", I hesitate to drink the kool-aid. Once people start being made whole, then many will start believing it. Until then, it's just more words with new games being sold out from under people that are owed. I have no dog in this fight as I am not an EA or a new buyer, but I have been following the DP drama out of interest and hope that those who invested get some sort of return.

#11552 4 years ago

We're still waiting on what the ratio of new money to EA games will be.

#11553 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

We're still waiting ...

Yep. We sure are.

Waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And ...

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif

#11554 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

The plan is very clearly laid out multiple times in this thread. I downvoted you because I presume you know this and are just trolling to be disruptive... Assuming for one moment that you somehow missed the plan laid out here, again multiple times, the goal is to build/sell enough games so that DP can build and deliver the EA machines that have already been paid for but never built/delivered. If you're looking for specific times/dates then I can't help you there but otherwise there is a clear path forward.
Jeff

So, no real plan. Those sound like admirable goals, as you say. Whats the PLAN to make it happen?

#11555 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Once people start being made whole, then many will start believing it. Until then, it's just more words with new games being sold out from under people that are owed. I have no dog in this fight as I am not an EA or a new buyer, but I have been following the DP drama out of interest and hope that those who invested get some sort of return.

Without a huge cash infusion people will never be made whole. The money simply isn’t there to make people whole before selling to new buyers. New cash from new buyers seems to be the way DP’s going.

#11556 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Without a huge cash infusion people will never be made whole. The money simply isn’t there to make people whole before selling to new buyers. New cash from new buyers seems to be the way DP’s going.

While I understand the concept of the plan, until EA pins start being delivered, doubt will exist. The EA folks have been lied to before. I hope it all plays out the way it has been proposed, but we shall see.

#11557 4 years ago

It seems like you guys fully understand that DP announced a plan and has shown evidence of carrying out its early stages, but you doubt whether a) DP really intends to ship games to EAs at all, or b) regardless of DP’s intentions, whether they can pull it off. Both understandable doubts to have at this point given the history and that DP has yet to show movement on the key final step of the plan, shipping games to EAs. But it doesn’t really track to say “there is no plan.”

#11558 4 years ago

Most people consider a plan with detail like this:
After 50 paid in full new games are shipped every 5th paid game will go to an owed EA.

Until details like this are released there is no plan only new games being made to new money. Hope is not a plan.

Quoted from fosaisu:

It seems like you guys fully understand that DP announced a plan and has shown evidence of carrying out its early stages, but you doubt whether a) DP really intends to ship games to EAs at all, or b) regardless of DP’s intentions, whether they can pull it off. Both understandable doubts to have at this point given the history and that DP has yet to show movement on the key final step of the plan, shipping games to EAs. But it doesn’t really track to say “there is no plan.”

#11559 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Most people consider a plan with detail like this:
After 50 paid in full new games are shipped every 5th paid game will go to an owed EA.
Until details like this are released there is no plan only new games being made to new money. Hope is not a plan.

Amen

#11560 4 years ago

MPT3K streamed "The Big Lebowski" tonight. Haven't seen it streamed anywhere recently. I think it might be from the latest run, but I'm not sure. Check it out!

#11561 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Summary. You can read the last 231 pages if you want the details
2014 DP took deposits (and many paid in full) for 190 games.
2015-2016 DP and ARA (manuf.) worked to create the game and finalize.
2016 55 games were shipped (40 more games were boxed and sat in a warehouse). DP was out of money and ARA was owed money.
135 people were owed games. Employees let go, partner ships dissolved.
2017-19 Various things were done to get back on track but nothing happened. ARA sued DP.
2019 DP/ARA worked out an agreement per court to sell the 40 boxed games for 500k to pay back ARA and DP (Barry) gets the remaining parts.
late 2019 40 boxed games were brokered by Cointaker (who were also owed games).
DP and Cointaker work out additional deal for new TBLS to be made for 12.5k each.
Estimated 135 people are still owed games from 2016. Deal would make those 135 people whole someday after 265-365 games are sold to new
buyers (no specifics on timeline).
Present Barry (DP) and helpers begin building games.
Its unknown at the moment how many were built but an estimate 8-16 shipped to new buyers with 4 more in progress.
In a nutshell DP needs to build at least 400 games (265 new money and 135 owed). No timeline for those owed yet.

See?

You can always count on a Pennsylvanian for help, the greatest of all Americans.

#11562 4 years ago

Dang the EA apron light show looks so badass! Just posted on the DP instagram about 15 mins ago.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9HbiRYHi2U/

#11563 4 years ago

You can see a proto version during gameplay in action at

#11564 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You can see a proto version during gameplay in action at

What is this a "proto version" of? Is this one of the Chinese manufactured games?

#11565 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What is this a "proto version" of? Is this one of the Chinese manufactured games?

I meant a prototype of the EA apron. The TBL itself is built by DP in NL.

#11566 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I meant a prototype of the EA apron. The TBL itself is built by DP in NL.

Thanks for clarifying! Guess I could have figured that out if I read your post together with the one right before it.

#11567 4 years ago

Don’t get overexcited on a proto EA apron. As we are well informed approximately 300 TBL have to find a way to new money pinheads, this year the whole DPteam managed to push out 1 for sure and perhaps even 3! So be patient, DP always keeps there promise, so EA will get there TBL after some more NSNL

#11568 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballyDutchy:

DP always keeps there promise

Seriously?

#11569 4 years ago

Sure, there beloved friend Rensh helps them to give the latest updates and most reliable news from DP! Who am I to think he is just a cointaker? That marketing guy took off, all parts are in the hands of the best assembly engineer and now we have this amazing apron. All EAs know that this will make them happy sooner or later!

#11570 4 years ago

Sure, there beloved friend Rensh helps them to give the latest updates and most reliable news from DP! Who am I to think he is just a cointaker? That marketing guy took off, all parts are in the hands of the best assembly engineer and now we have this amazing apron. All EAs know that this will make them happy sooner or later!

You ONLY come to pinside to make sarcastic remarks in regard to TBL. What’s your story? Any skin in this matter? Being a fellow Dutchman I sent you once a PM offering help if needed And where I can but no reply.

#11571 4 years ago

He is trolling

If this guy is real hewould reveal his identity.
Not even from The Netherlands

A4C5618C-D03A-4BEE-A54B-45171F1EE672 (resized).jpegA4C5618C-D03A-4BEE-A54B-45171F1EE672 (resized).jpeg

#11572 4 years ago

My story is very simple! DP spend all EAs money. A clubhouse gets an TBL for free and refuses to admit they should have donate at least one EA a TBL, with other words they have the same attitude as DP towards EA as they have there money in the house! Then we get these nice posts of what perhaps sometime may be delivered at the doorstep of a EA. Meanwile no production volumes and no information on when EAs get what they paid for. Thats what i call sarcasm!

#11573 4 years ago

My story is very simple! DP spend all EAs money. A clubhouse gets an TBL for free and refuses to admit they should have donate at least one EA a TBL, with other words they have the same attitude as DP towards EA as they have there money in the house! Then we get these nice posts of what perhaps sometime may be delivered at the doorstep of a EA. Meanwile no production volumes and no information on when EAs get what they paid for. Thats what i call sarcasm!

Dude - as an EA still waiting for his game, and who has been involved with TBL and this thread from the very start, I have been tremendously frustrated by DP over the course of this roller coaster of a debacle and have railed against their lack of communication at numerous points accordingly. Sometimes my frustration has unfortunately boiled over to include Rens as well who has taken on the role of DP's defacto mouthpiece due to their protracted periods of silence.

While I can personally empathize with your ire at the continued lack of official EA games delivery info, I think it's misplaced when directed at Rens. Although his info hasn't always proved to be 100% accurate, he has made a good faith effort at keeping EA's informed about TBL's status over the years, and has personally helped Barry to keep the game's production alive. And for that I am very grateful to Rens!

TBL's delivery and DP's communication have no doubt been a shitshow, but based on the info I've seen (public and private), Barry is earnestly working to make all EA's right as soon as possible. FWIW, although the effort has been slower than desired and schedule details lacking, my confidence that he may very well succeed in this is continuing to increase.

1 week later
#11574 4 years ago

any bowlarama game owners out there (namco) if your game has issues I am able to help repair most of them PM me..

#11575 4 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

any bowlarama game owners out there (namco) if your game has issues I am able to help repair most of them PM me..

FYI someone opened a thread on this topic- might want to post there

#11576 4 years ago

FYI - I know my way around a 1984 Toyota 4WD Hilux and still have the Haynes manual around here somewhere if you need some work done.

#11577 4 years ago

Rensh will the virus affect your time line for building EAs games ?

#11578 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Rensh will the virus affect your time line for building EAs games ?

Short term I don’t think so but long term I think every business is affected.

The fact that no EA aprons are shipped out is Also due to the virus. It’s waiting for the pcb’s which have to come from China and have been delayed a lot. But this doesn’t delay production.

And you just don’t know where deeply hidden parts come from China. You can order parts from Pinball life for instance and think you are safe but if pinball life uses again parts from China to built the ordered parts .......

So with the virus you just can’t garantuee anything. Just imagine the place where you life or work goes into quarantaine ?? What can you do?

Back to the question. Short term not and long term who knows?

#11579 4 years ago

Annnnd. Here we go... I really feel for the EAs..

#11580 4 years ago

Sorry for such a silly question. Where is the USB port? Looked in the back box and could not find it. Appreciate it very much.

#11581 4 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Sorry for such a silly question. Where is the USB port? Looked in the back box and could not find it. Appreciate it very much.

Upper left corner on the pc board.

FYI on this site:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/20#post-5522616

#11582 4 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Wrong thread to post in. This is a thread where people have been waiting YEARS for their game.

2 weeks later
#11583 4 years ago

DP just posted this on Instagram today..

1526FB46-5E80-462D-A60D-54B7268B6155 (resized).jpeg1526FB46-5E80-462D-A60D-54B7268B6155 (resized).jpeg
#11584 4 years ago

Fake news.

Any word on ea games being built ? Time line or plan to build them

#11585 4 years ago

Hey side question, do the new games come with the rug or did the rug only come with the original ones that shipped?

Thanks,
Jeff

#11586 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Fake news.
Any word on ea games being built ? Time line or plan to build them

Hey Byron why are you even here?
All you do is troll pinside. You dont even own a pinball machine.

#11587 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Hey side question, do the new games come with the rug or did the rug only come with the original ones that shipped?
Thanks,
Jeff

Comes with the rug.

#11588 4 years ago

Has anyone bought a backup rug from Barry? and any idea of price? Mine is pretty ratty already but I love keeping it out. I feel like we need a better second run of these and I'd buy at least one.

#11589 4 years ago

I inquired about purchasing a replacement rug about 6 weeks ago but haven’t heard back yet.

#11590 4 years ago

Should cover it in plastic like my grandma's furniture in the front room!

#11591 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Has anyone bought a backup rug from Barry? and any idea of price? Mine is pretty ratty already but I love keeping it out. I feel like we need a better second run of these and I'd buy at least one.

Sure would be nice to get a high quality TBL rug as the one that comes with the game is so poorly made it will unravel if you look at it wrong.

#11592 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Are we talking of the rug in the game of the carpet rug? If carpet rug I know barry has sourced once a better quality but don’t think any were ordered. Not really a priority.

#11593 4 years ago

Think we are talking about the actual rug on the floor.

#11594 4 years ago

I'm frankly just worried about someone peeing on mine.

...when I hopefully get one in the next month.

#11595 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I'm frankly just worried about someone peeing on mine.
...when I hopefully get one in the next month.

I'm willing to accept a peed on rug, if it means getting my TBL.

HELL ... I'll even take a peed on TBL at this point!

#11596 4 years ago

The carpet pissers did this?

#11597 4 years ago

Posted this a couple of days ago in the EA only thread as this thread contains also several carpetpissers but think it will be of interest for more people. Hope I dont regret this

In NL we have the Dutch Pinball Association called NFV. With approx 1300 members I think its the largest pinball club in the world.
We do have a clubmagazine which comes out every 3 months on paper (64 pages) called the Spinner. For this I write quite often articles but dont have to do this alone fortunately.

Last Spinner was a DP-TBL special with an article on Game review TBL, the story behind the loaning of DP of an ES4 TBL to the NFV and also an interview with Barry. I wrote the first 2 articles but I think you will find the third article written by a collegue the most interesting so I translated it into English. Please do note some nuances can be lost in translation but it gives you more inside info on what happened and current idea's-planning.

You as EA have first deb's to see this I think

Please also do note that this article was written several weeks ago and thus pre-Corona . With Corona now shutting down manufacturers all over the world (in fact I think DP is the last pinball manufacturer (besides boutigue manufacturers) with a steady output of games, who would ever imagined this?) every planning has become unreliable . After all you only need 1 part to become unavailable to halt production . For short term DP is OK as they just had a big shipment of parts coming in but long term? But this is outside every bodies control let alone DP. If Dutch government for instance would choose for a full lock-down no matter who you are you are closed. For the moment we are in so-called Intelligent lockdown eg businesses like DP are still allowed to be open (but restaurants-pubs. events etc are all closed and people are asked to stay indoor as much as possible and stay at least 1.5 mtr away from other people).

Stay healthy as after all that's much more important as any pinball.

Spinner 2020-01.jpgSpinner 2020-01.jpg20. TBL extra EN hires.pdf20. TBL extra EN hires.pdf
#11598 4 years ago

interesting article . . .

#11599 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Posted this a couple of days ago in the EA only thread as this thread contains also several carpetpissers but think it will be of interest for more people. Hope I dont regret this
In NL we have the Dutch Pinball Association called NFV. With approx 1300 members I think its the largest pinball club in the world.
We do have a clubmagazine which comes out every 3 months on paper (64 pages) called the Spinner. For this I write quite often articles but dont have to do this alone fortunately.
Last Spinner was a DP-TBL special with an article on Game review TBL, the story behind the loaning of DP of an ES4 TBL to the NFV and also an interview with Barry. I wrote the first 2 articles but I think you will find the third article written by a collegue the most interesting so I translated it into English. Please do note some nuances can be lost in translation but it gives you more inside info on what happened and current idea's-planning.
You as EA have first deb's to see this I think
Please also do note that this article was written several weeks ago and thus pre-Corona . With Corona now shutting down manufacturers all over the world (in fact I think DP is the last pinball manufacturer (besides boutigue manufacturers) with a steady output of games, who would ever imagined this?) every planning has become unreliable . After all you only need 1 part to become unavailable to halt production . For short term DP is OK as they just had a big shipment of parts coming in but long term? But this is outside every bodies control let alone DP. If Dutch government for instance would choose for a full lock-down no matter who you are you are closed. For the moment we are in so-called Intelligent lockdown eg businesses like DP are still allowed to be open (but restaurants-pubs. events etc are all closed and people are asked to stay indoor as much as possible and stay at least 1.5 mtr away from other people).
Stay healthy as after all that's much more important as any pinball.[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a link to the full article?

#11600 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Do you have a link to the full article?

It's all a part of the pic, click on it and it opens as a pdf.

It all bodes well for EAs (hopefully).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/232?hl=leonspinkx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.