(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 306.
#11451 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

classic!

#11452 4 years ago
B35177C5-F0E8-4ECF-B0EF-AD5BAC68C942.jpegB35177C5-F0E8-4ECF-B0EF-AD5BAC68C942.jpeg
#11453 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Something is not adding up

I do not have any skin in this game at all, but I have followed this since day 1.

I agree, it just doesn't add up or make any sense for EA's. If I were an EA, for that kind of money to lose and watch others receive newly paid for machines, my ass would be on a plane to personally go pick out MY machine. I would have to go pull a vid1900 on them!

#11454 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

If I were an EA, for that kind of money to lose and watch others receive newly paid for machines, my ass would be on a plane to personally go pick out MY machine. I would have to go pull a vid1900 on them!

Rofl good luck with that.

#11455 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It's $12,000 fucking dollars, not a $2 matchbox car. I'd tell them to shove it if they can't be straight with me when it comes to spending that kind of money.

But, but DREAM THEME

#11456 4 years ago

going to the factory would give one EA a chance at getting his game.
This would be a quest

#11457 4 years ago

Dutch pinball has opened an Instagram account

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8JDoOkAQ1b/?igshid=1giisy2bio333

Barry told me today that he plans to post more frequent pictures on this account.

#11458 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

My company is literally closed 6 days a year for holidays.

By holidays, I do believe he is referring to vacation days.

I used to work in Holland, the holiday schedule was about the same as the US. However, they do get 4-5 weeks paid vacation.

#11459 4 years ago

I'm working in the wrong country. where I'm at, we receive 6 company paid days off per year and max out at 3 years of personal time (vacation) no matter how long you've been with the company

#11460 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm working in the wrong country. where I'm at, we receive 6 company paid days off per year and max out at 3 years of personal time (vacation) no matter how long you've been with the company

True

#11461 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

It's the difference between 'work to death' culture vs 'work life balance' seen in other countries. The 4+ week vacation period works only because it's just assumed everyone does it and the entire society works around the summer shutdown.

#11462 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

In addition, the employer is responsible for your commuting costs...

#11463 4 years ago

Most companies over here stay open all year, except Christmas and New years day. Not all the employees are off on the same day.
I guess it is different if there is only one person doing the work.

#11464 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm in the US and I get 27 total paid days off ( vacation + personal ), that's with 10 years of service at the company. So it can happen here.

#11465 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I'm in the US and I get 27 total paid days off ( vacation + personal ), that's with 10 years of service at the company. So it can happen here.

Agreed, I'm the same with 7 years in.

Jeff

#11466 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Agreed, I'm the same with 7 years in.
Jeff

At my old COmpaNy I got 33 days off paid once I hit ten years. Stayed there for 32 and get two pensions out of the deal. The place I'm at now started me with 28.

#11467 4 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

Most companies over here stay open all year, except Christmas and New years day. Not all the employees are off on the same day.
I guess it is different if there is only one person doing the work.

But people know things slow down during different periods. We don't plan major product launches during the summer break because we know the support staff is limited, etc. People are not as demanding during the ramp up to christmas because they know everyone is in a different mindset, etc.

Our Nordic offices used to basically be like one or two people keeping the lights on during July

That doesn't happen in the US... people are like "its a work day... what do you mean you can't get it done the same way as last month?".

#11468 4 years ago

Update

Screenshot_2020-02-05-09-43-06 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-02-05-09-43-06 (resized).png
#11469 4 years ago

Wow Dude, check out insta! Barry managed to put 4 plain playfields on a jig. Looks promising EA’s. Also one kept for compagny pleasure, need some relax time after all these hard work , have patience and everything will work out fine, i promise to all of you!

#11470 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballyDutchy:

Wow Dude, check out insta! Barry managed to put 4 plain playfields on a jig. Looks promising EA’s. Also one kept for compagny pleasure, need some relax time after all these hard work , have patience and everything will work out fine, i promise to all of you!

Proving the point that despite the complaining in this thread about DP's social media radio silence, no one is actually going to care when DP posts on social media unless it's a concrete announcement that they just shipped X games, Y games are set to go out in the coming month, including Z games to EAs. In other words, actual shipment of completed games is all that matters. The rest is just window dressing and will only get people asking when the next games will ship, how many, and to whom.

#11471 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Proving the point that despite the complaining in this thread about social media radio silence, no one is actually going to care when you post on social media unless it's a concrete announcement that you just shipped X games, and Y games are set to go out this month, including Z games to EAs. In other words, actual shipment of completed games is all that matters. The rest is just window dressing and will only get people asking when the next games will ship, how many, and to whom.

Not necessarily. Posts of playfields being worked on every day would go some way in regaining confidence. Post the same picture of what work as been done to those playfields in the last 24 hours. At this point, I think many here are really just looking for any concrete verifiable progress forward.

#11472 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Not necessarily. Posts of playfields being worked on every day would go some way in regaining confidence. Post the same picture of what work as been done to those playfields in the last 24 hours. At this point, I think many here are really just looking for any concrete verifiable progress forward.

But would there be any way to tell if it's just pics of the same four playfields being posted day after day from different angles, vs new games actually progressing toward completion? If DP really wanted to goose confidence their best play might be to ask Cointaker to post in the thread each month the number of games that were verified shipped to customers. I assume DP plans to direct-ship to the EAs if/when that happens, but why not allow Cointaker to verify those shipments as well, and then the entire monthly "audit" could be posted here for all to see? Of course this presupposes that games are actually being shipped in sufficient numbers to inspire confidence once the data is released, but if that's not the case than any communication of any kind is going to be pointless anyway.

When you're Stern you can just post pics from the factory floor and everyone loves it, because we know from experience they'll be shipping tons of games right away when that happens. DP has a different track record, and so will get a different response to factory floor pics and non-specific "progress" blog posts.

#11473 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But would there be any way to tell if it's just pics of the same four playfields being posted day after day from different angles

Its pretty obvious the community would want to see progress playfields changing every day. Not just pictures of playfields. DP is not building 4 in a day. More like 4 over two weeks. You'll never see an audit of sales. They have genuine reasons to not post that in real-time. I can't think of any good reason to hide progress of new machines being produced in quasi realtime.

#11474 4 years ago

I did get an answer back from Cointaker today and I'm quite content with my place in the line... Lets see how Dutch Pinball does at making new machines on a consistent basis moving forward...

Jeff

#11475 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I did get an answer back from Cointaker today and I'm quite content with my place in the line... Lets see how Dutch Pinball does at making new machines on a consistent basis moving forward...
Jeff

so whats the answer? how far back are you and how long currently is the queue?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11476 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Phone or email? I've assumed email has been rendered useless, based on my experience.

#11477 4 years ago

I suspect the lack of communication helps with the uncertainty over rarity and availability... which affects fomo/demand. If I were Barry, I'd maintain cloak and dagger as long as possible.

If they show they can actually build them reliably, the price will fall to sane levels, people will stop trying to insta-flip, and demand will fall... particularly at $12.5k.

#11478 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I suspect the lack of communication helps with the uncertainty over rarity and availability... which affects fomo/demand. If I were Barry, I'd maintain cloak and dagger as long as possible.
If they show they can actually build them reliably, the price will fall to sane levels, people will stop trying to insta-flip, and demand will fall... particularly at $12.5k.

Don't think so personally. Even if by some Miracle he can build 200 by year end thats still a rare low quantity worldwide by Any standard. Add to the fact the theme alone sells this game. Just a guess but this title will never fall below 12.5 again.

#11479 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Phone or email? I've assumed email has been rendered useless, based on my experience.

Email.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

so whats the answer? how far back are you and how long currently is the queue?

I wasn't given a number more like a timeframe that I'd rather not post as who knows how accurate it may be and may be dependent on a production schedule that could change at any time. Certainly in 2020...

Jeff

#11480 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I would say you're partially right meaning that I think the approach is more to do with not intentionally antagonizing the original EA purchasers who still don't have games any more than has already been done...

Jeff

#11481 4 years ago

Do we have a count of actual TBLs released to the world at this point?

#11482 4 years ago
Quoted from captainBR:

Do we have a count of actual TBLs released to the world at this point?

Only count I've seen so far in wait (going on 6 years now) for paid for TBL #59:

a61fca23322345c891be5b59988232db.gifa61fca23322345c891be5b59988232db.gif
Ever hopeful that DP will come through yet.

#11483 4 years ago

Very cool looking aprons!

FAEDB5A5-A4E0-42AE-B121-A4B3471F45BC (resized).jpegFAEDB5A5-A4E0-42AE-B121-A4B3471F45BC (resized).jpeg
#11484 4 years ago

Besides playing there compagny TBL, Barry and his team found time to unbox the aprons they recieved last year. Progress is made and soon we will see the translite on insta! Keep up the hard work and enjoy your carnaval holiday in the Netherlands!

#11485 4 years ago

Almost all companies would have gone "belly up" 5 years ago. Take the long view still standing, still committed and getting the job done. Granted not at the speed we would desire, but they have not given up. PS: Would be nice to have a real update. All things in time ...

#11486 4 years ago
Quoted from RedLineMania:

Almost all companies would have gone "belly up" 5 years ago. Take the long view still standing, still committed and getting the job done. Granted not at the speed we would desire, but they have not given up. PS: Would be nice to have a real update. All things in time ...

They haven't technically shipped any already paid for games in this new commitment so I'm not sure many will applaud just yet. I'm glad to see games being made again just hope a Few of the EA's prepaid start rolling off the line. That would be some positive news no doubt.

#11487 4 years ago

DP has sold 20 new games made from parts EAs paid for. Cash money

The last remaining pre paid parts have been used to make a display game for the
Owner to play when he’s not at home playing his other stolen TBL

I am worried climate change might stop DP from building any EAs games at this point and really only allows for cash games to be built if you follow the science

#11488 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

DP has sold 20 new games made from parts EAs paid for. Cash money
The last remaining pre paid parts have been used to make a display game for the
Owner to play when he’s not at home playing his other stolen TBL
I am worried climate change might stop DP from building any EAs games at this point and really only allows for cash games to be built if you follow the science

According to his Instagram post this morning showing 4 games in the works, he is still building. It would be the ultimate story of redemption if the EA’s all get their games.

#11489 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

According to his Instagram post this morning showing 4 games in the works, he is still building. It would be the ultimate story of redemption if the EA’s all get their games.

Here’s the picture shared

6379E5AD-E89A-44E4-8E3F-4A75C3BDA224 (resized).jpeg6379E5AD-E89A-44E4-8E3F-4A75C3BDA224 (resized).jpeg
#11490 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Here’s the picture shared

Judging by the photo of 4 unpopulated playfields followed a week later by this photo of 4 playfields being married to cabinets, looks like they are building 4 games/week.
Still optimistic to assume that happens every single week for the rest of the year, but if it does, that's 188 more games

#11491 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

At this point even a single EA getting a game would be great news. In the Nov. 25, 2019 NSNL (I think that's the most recent one?) DP said "We expect the first (original) EA games to go out beginning of [2020]." If they can get a few games shipped to EAs on that time frame that will increase confidence in their new business model. And if not, well ...

Quoted from Adams:

Judging by the photo of 4 unpopulated playfields followed a week later by this photo of 4 playfields being married to cabinets, looks like they are building 4 games/week. Still optimistic to assume that happens every single week for the rest of the year, but if it does, that's 188 more games

That sounds more like four games every two weeks to me (or maybe even longer, since we don't know that DP will finish those games this week). But even shipping 100 games/year would be good news at this stage.

#11492 4 years ago

By shipping one EA game Dutch would enter into admitting/proven Liability for all of the rest.

#11493 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

By shipping one EA game Dutch would enter into admitting/proven Liability for all of the rest.

Yea it would seem problematic if some EAs get games, ans others do not.

#11494 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I would think the proof of payment that every EA has would prove that liability.

#11495 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Huh? DP has never even suggested that they're not "liable" to the remaining unfulfilled EAs, and it's hard to imagine a legal argument that would support that position if they did. They accepted payment in exchange for a promise to deliver games, seems pretty open and shut. But even if your legal analysis made any sense, remember that they've already delivered ~40 games to original EAs, thereby "admitting" liability to the entire group.

#11496 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea it would seem problematic if some EAs get games, ans others do not.

It would be "problematic" to the EAs that don't get games, for sure, but I don't see that it means much of anything on the legal front. When businesses fail they have generally already provided goods/services to some customers, and made some payments to suppliers, and the folks at the end of the line tend to get screwed. Bankruptcy is designed to help even things out so that the people who are still owed money get screwed in equal proportion, but that only applies if the business is in bankruptcy.

DP pitched its plan to continue manufacturing and selling new games as a way to make everyone whole (slowly, over several years) instead of going into bankruptcy and dissolving. It appears none of the EAs have sued yet, so it seems they are collectively willing to go along with DP's plan, on the theory that an outside chance of eventually getting a game is better than the odds of recovering anything meaningful in bankruptcy.

#11497 4 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

Judging by the photo of 4 unpopulated playfields followed a week later by this photo of 4 playfields being married to cabinets, looks like they are building 4 games/week.
Still optimistic to assume that happens every single week for the rest of the year, but if it does, that's 188 more games

I have heard from a reliable source that it has been 10 games per month. Wish they would have bit the bullet 5 years ago with production in house...who knows, they could have been on even level with Spooky by now. Glad to see they are getting them to the finish line.

#11498 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I have heard from a reliable source that it has been 10 games per month.

Not sure there is a "reliable source" at DP. But the recent transparency of IG photos is a good thing.

#11499 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I have heard from a reliable source that it has been 10 games per month. Wish they would have bit the bullet 5 years ago with production in house...who knows, they could have been on even level with Spooky by now. Glad to see they are getting them to the finish line.

They have been in the new place for about 6 months. If they have taken in 60 x $12500 = $750,000. They should have shipped some EA games by now. I think it has been closer to 3 or 4 per month average.

#11500 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

They have been in the new place for about 6 months. If they have taken in 60 x $12500 = $750,000. They should have shipped some EA games by now. I think it has been closer to 3 or 4 per month average.

I don’t think those number are correct. To my understanding the 40 12.5k units was payment Directly to ARA to release unpaid assets and games. The other 12.5k at 20 would be assumed correct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 210.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/230?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.