(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 306.
#11401 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I thought cointaker had a great reputation for holding funds till they receive the game.. Are you saying they have a bad history for not fulfilling deals?

They do have a great rep. I'm just saying personally I would have a hard time sending money if my game was still in Europe. I would prefer it to be in the U.S.

#11402 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

They do have a great rep. I'm just saying personally I would have a hard time sending money if my game was still in Europe. I would prefer it to be in the U.S.

I would trust Melissa 100% to refund my money if I didn't get a game.

#11403 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

We all feel that way, I had a hard time leaving the house for school as a child... I use to love it when my mom tucked me in and gave me in a bottle when i was 2. But today I have my big boy pants on, I will tell you this... you should be pretty safe giving your dow to Melissa, it feels like a bottle and a blanky. Give your money to cointaker and lets get this to 300!

#11404 4 years ago

You should have no concern giving them money. They are reliable

#11405 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

We all feel that way, I had a hard time leaving the house for school as a child... I use to love it when my mom tucked me and gave me in a bottle when i was 2. But today I have my big boy pants on, I will tell you this... you should be pretty safe giving your dow to Melissa, it feels like a bottle and blanky. Give your money to cointaker and lets get this to 300!

I appreciate your response, even though it's a strange analogy and disrespectful.

#11406 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I appreciate your response, even though it's a strange analogy and disrespectful.

Didn't mean any disrespect... just kidding around a bit, but seriously hoping we get this to 300 and hope you reconsider.

#11407 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Didn't mean any disrespect... just kidding around a bit, but seriously hoping we get this to 300 and hope you reconsider.

Cool, no worries.

I've been on the list for a while. It would be cool to have one someday.

#11408 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Cool, no worries.

Awsome!

#11409 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Cool, no worries.

I’m so curious to know how many are on Melissa’s list?

#11410 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m so curious to know how many are on Melissa’s list?

I got on the list a year ago, cant speak for everyone else

#11411 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I got on the list a year ago, cant speak for everyone else

did you pass on the 40 from august b/c apparently randoms just got on that when people declined

#11412 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not to be negative but I think Many are waiting to see Paid for EA games leaving not new sales soon.

On that note, back in November DP said the following in a NSN:

Quoted from Mr68:

We expect the first (original) EA games to go out beginning of next year. As soon as we are building games in a steady flow we can give more details on ratio and timing for this.

Any word on this yet? Shipping one or two EAs games would be a good PR move on their part at this point, especially if they've actually sold 30+ new games already.

#11413 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

did you pass on the 40 from august b/c apparently randoms just got on that when people declined

i wasn't asked so I must have been low on the list

#11414 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was not on the list prior to this. I called to try to get one of the 40 but they were spoken for so I got on the list. I believe I am currently around number 30 on that list. I am about number 10 on the Nitro list.

#11415 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I was not on the list prior to this. I called to try to get one of the 40 but they were spoken for so I got on the list. I believe I am currently around number 30 on that list. I am about number 10 on the Nitro list.

How do you know that? I also asked to get on the CT list and was told they'd add me but I have no idea where I'm at...

Thanks,
Jeff

#11416 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

How do you know that? I also asked to get on the CT list and was told they'd add me but I have no idea where I'm at...
Thanks,
Jeff

Same

#11417 4 years ago

Why wouldn't Cointaker just be up front and transparent?

How long is the list currently?

How many orders have been fulfilled since the 40 "ARA Hostage Games" hit the market (I am only talking about NEW game delivery)?

What pace is DP delivering games per month at this point?

I have said it so many times it just makes no sense for DP (and now Cointaker) to be so secretive about whats going on?? IF DP were smart they would have a god damn 24 hour live webcam in the "factory" where people could watch their games getting built. If they want to get games sold, they need to validate what's actually going on.

#11418 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

How many orders have been fulfilled since the 40 "ARA Hostage Games" hit the market (I am only talking about NEW game delivery)?
I have said it so many times it just makes no sense for DP (and now Cointaker) to be so secretive about whats going on?? IF DP were smart they would have a god damn 24 hour live webcam in the "factory" where people could watch their games getting built. If they want to get games sold, they need to validate what's actually going on.

That's why I suggested getting a list going here, lets get a count down to the ea's

#11419 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

That's why I suggested getting a list going here, lets get a count down to the ea's

Just asking. Are you this invested in pumping the crowd because you swung an EA owner into selling you his spot for 1K last year?

#11420 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just asking. Are you this invested in pumping the crowd because you swung an EA owner into selling you his spot for 1K last year?

He sent me the $1000 back since there is a chance here... I would have given the spot back anyway, feel really bad for the Ea's. He's welcome to chime in. I'm rooting for the EA's and clearly know the more games produced bring down the value here but I don't care.(maybe you do since you already own one?) The more games made, the better. I would actually loose $1000 because I told him if he doesn't get his game, I would send the $1000 back.. so to answer your question, i guess the answer would be yes. I will benefit from the ea's getting their games they clearly deserve.
Stay positive buddy.

#11421 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

My thought is that there is so much unknown CT doesn't want to risk any blowback from making announcements that don't come to fruition. Anything that actually gets built and shipped is a good thing, but it's impossible to know how many DP can actually get built.

#11422 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

He sent me the $1000 back since there is a chance here... I would have given the spot back anyway, feel really bad for the Ea's. He's welcome to chime in. I'm rooting for the EA's and clearly know the more games produced bring down the value here but I don't care.(maybe you do since you already own one?) The more games made, the better. I would actually loose $1000 because I told him if he doesn't get his game, I would send the $1000 back.. so to answer your question, i guess the answer would be yes. I will benefit from the ea's getting their games they clearly deserve.
Stay positive buddy.

I was simply asking if you stayed the coarse with that deal to get an EA for 1K. Was’t rubbing it in your face as it was the sellers decision to sell. All good.

#11423 4 years ago

I gave CoinTaker my $1500 (iirc) deposit a couple of years ago, and they eventually refunded the money (without so much as an explanation), so I guess I'm not in the queue for one of these new TBLs.

#11424 4 years ago

Apparently now I am in the next batch of 10 games through Cointaker and should expect my TBL in 6-8 weeks. No payment yet. I can't wait!

#11425 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

I called and spoke to Melissa a couple months ago and again today.

#11426 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Apparently now I am in the next batch of 10 games through Cointaker and should expect my TBL in 6-8 weeks. No payment yet. I can't wait!

Have you been on the list for a long time?

#11427 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Have you been on the list for a long time?

Since about a week after the 40 ARA games were sold.

#11428 4 years ago

I know of about 4 people that have received games after payment to cointaker.. if I was to guess, i would say 40 built so far... just guessing tho. if that's the case, 300 is definitely doable, efficiency will just keep getting better over the year.

#11429 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I know of about 4 people that have received games after payment to cointaker.. if I was to guess, i would say 40 built so far... just guessing tho. if that's the case, 300 is definitely doable, efficiency will just keep getting better over the year.

I think licensing could still be an issue.

#11430 4 years ago

Yeah, 300 won't happen before 12/31/20 (IMO). We shall see, though...

#11431 4 years ago

So question? If they hit the 300 mark ?
What then ? Aren’t there 125 guys who got burned for $8000 ?

#11432 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

So question? If they hit the 300 mark ?
What then ? Aren’t there 125 guys who got burned for $8000 ?

The plan as presented by DP is that by the time they’ve sold ~300 new, they will have intermingled shipments to the 135 outstanding preorders as well (for a total of 400-500 new machines produced and shipped).

#11433 4 years ago

But I think once the game is sold before the licence is up, they can still build it into 2021. That was my understanding. So that would include the EA's that already paid, but i'm sure they can get an extension worst case, they already got this one. Dp wants to keep going, or else they would have sold out and moved on.

#11434 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The plan as presented by DP is that by the time they’ve sold ~300 new, they will have intermingled shipments to the 135 outstanding preorders as well (for a total of 400-500 new machines produced and shipped).

It's more than 135! I'm 148!

#11435 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I am guessing the 135 left to deliver is because something like 50+ EA’s got their games before DP and ARA had a falling out.

#11436 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

But I think once the game is sold before the licence is up, they can still build it into 2021. That was my understanding. So that would include the EA's that already paid, but i'm sure they can get an extension worst case, they already got this one. Dp wants to keep going, or else they would have sold out and moved on.

Wouldnt that mean people would have to pre-order? No way that is going to happen, for the most part.

#11437 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wouldnt that mean people would have to pre-order? No way that is going to happen, for the most part.

The best thing I think you can do at this point is to get on the list with cointaker, when they ask for funds... send it because that means your machine is on the way. When DP hits 300 orders this year, (and I think they they can do it)... EA games can be built into 2021.. worst case, they have to get a license extension similar to the the one they just got. I've said this a few times now, it would be great to get a list going... that way we can monitor what's happening.. I know of 5 games for sure personally that have been delivered.

#11438 4 years ago

Something is not adding up

#11439 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Something is not adding up

to a list of people chiming in on who sent cointaker money. I agree, no numbers to add. crickets. Can't say i didn't try EA's!

#11440 4 years ago

The Dutch have too many holidays in a year to get anything done!

#11441 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

The Dutch have too many holidays in a year to get anything done!

I wish.

From government it’s Like 20 free to decide holiday days. This besides Christmas and so on. Most companies have like 25-30 holidaydays a year.

Can however state that Barry works 6 days a week in the factory and on Sunday is busy to with TBL, just not at the factory ... although his wife told me even on Sunday he is Quite often found at production Facility.

#11442 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Makes no sense though, the new ones they are building are not numbered starting in the 100's... they were coming in in the 300+ range.

#11443 4 years ago

The first run was supposed to be 300 pcs. Of those 300 approx 180 went to EA and the rest went to CT

Thus it makes sense to me that newly built units are starting numbering at 300.

#11444 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I wish.
From government it’s Like 20 free to decide holiday days. This besides Christmas and so on. Most companies have like 25-30 holidaydays a year.
Can however state that Barry works 6 days a week in the factory and on Sunday is busy to with TBL, just not at the factory ... although his wife told me even on Sunday he is Quite often found at production Facility.

Would be awesome if Barry could post up some pics and video from his production facility.

#11445 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I wish.

Wish I was in the area to volunteer. With a third kid on the way, there's no way I can go.

#11446 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I wish.

My company is literally closed 6 days a year for holidays.

#11447 4 years ago
dude nike (resized).jpgdude nike (resized).jpg
#11448 4 years ago

I do wish I knew where I was at on the list but CT is very busy right now and my attempts to find out have been less than fruitful. This gives me the impression that I'm wayyyyy far down on the list otherwise I would think CT would be more willing to say you're in spot X and you may be getting a game sometime during X timeframe. It's okay, I get it, Melissa was polite when I called her to ask but I could tell this wasn't a conversation that she wanted to have and I get it. I'm a reasonable person though, no reason to get frustrated when it's really not CT/Melissa's fault. I figure I've asked enough times now and so not going to continue to waste her time. If she get's back to me with an answer, great, if not, that's okay too.

Jeff

#11449 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I do wish I knew where I was at on the list but CT is very busy right now and my attempts to find out have been less than fruitful. This gives me the impression that I'm wayyyyy far down on the list otherwise I would think CT would be more willing to say you're in spot X and you may be getting a game sometime during X timeframe. It's okay, I get it, Melissa was polite when I called her to ask but I could tell this wasn't a conversation that she wanted to have and I get it. I'm a reasonable person though, no reason to get frustrated when it's really not CT/Melissa's fault. I figure I've asked enough times now and so not going to continue to waste her time. If she get's back to me with an answer, great, if not, that's okay too.
Jeff

It's $12,000 fucking dollars, not a $2 matchbox car. I'd tell them to shove it if they can't be straight with me when it comes to spending that kind of money.

#11450 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It's $12,000 fucking dollars, not a $2 matchbox car. I'd tell them to shove it if they can't be straight with me when it comes to spending that kind of money.

I haven't given them a dime yet so it's not like I have any skin in the game. I'm simply trying to figure out if I will even get the opportunity to have any skin in the game. Perhaps I wasn't clear about that.

Jeff

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/229?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.