(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 306.
#11251 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can pick up a Namco Rockin Bowl O Rama? I have looked around with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

#11252 4 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Anyone know where I can pick up a Namco Rockin Bowl O Rama? I have looked around with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

There is one on eBay in good condition

#11253 4 years ago

I’m also looking for a commercial Bowl-O-Rama. This looks like a great addition to the game room!
Thanks for any leads!

#11254 4 years ago

Somebody start a bowl-O-Rama Thread for us off topic peeps and let this thread get back on topic TBL...sorry guys we got off on a big tangent...Still hope to own a TBL someday!

#11255 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Somebody start a bowl-O-Rama Thread for us off topic peeps and let this thread get back on topic TBL...sorry guys we got off on a big tangent...Still hope to own a TBL someday!

Done, good idea.

#11256 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Somebody start a bowl-O-Rama Thread for us off topic peeps and let this thread get back on topic TBL...sorry guys we got off on a big tangent...

Going off-topic kept this thread alive for 5+ years. A little chatter about an arcade bowling game isn't going to speed up Barry's bootleg assembly line. He most likely appreciates (and welcomes) the diversion.

#11257 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Agreed. It really isn't any skin off my back but IDGAF about Bowl-O-Rama and it is mildly annoying to see NEW! posts in this topic and they are dozens about another game. I'd prefer no new posts to that any day. Good for you guys that you are so excited about this game. Keep posting about it and I will skim and skip anything that says "Bowl-O-Rama" and now I'll go back to my corner.

#11258 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I think that was my fault for saying I'd prefer a well simulated bowling game to the mechanical toy...

#11259 4 years ago

Forget the bowling game, I want that Star V game! A pretty dang cool mechanical arcade game.

#11260 4 years ago

So what's the latest news on this game?

What's the sit rep?

Shipping games?

Cats and dogs living together? Total hysteria?

#11261 4 years ago

Bowl o Rama has its own thread now !!

#11262 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure myself. I think cutting features from the game would be a poor business decision. As for the 500, as a single model option with code still slowly rolling and a strong cult following I think it’s a better bet then 500 CE Wonka’s at 12.5k personally. Time will tell and while DP is a sad story the game is rather amazing if you like the theme. Well done.

It's a question of when, not if, a cheaper version is produced with features stripped - IMO.

If they can make it back into the black and get all the EAs their games purely at this $12.5k (€14k or so in EU), then more power to them.

But, even if they do scrape over the line, the market at that kind of price point will be completely exhausted by then. So they'll need to make a cheaper version either way, unless Barry just wants to shut down once he's fulfilled obligations.

If you take out the bowling alley and pf window completely, dispense with the chrome (plain steel), dispense with the rug, have normal thickness glass in the backbox, normal metal apron, no 'achiever' badges, and begin ordering parts in much bigger batches, you easily shave at least $1000 off the BoM. Just replace the bowling alley with a video mode / new shootable mode (also added as a bonus to achievers' code).

I'd imagine there'd be a market for at least 500 more of those, at the $8-8.5k range. With significantly added to code, who knows how many they could sell.

I don't wish to sound negative, but it's difficult not to be dubious about the size of the market at $12.5k. Especially as they don't have the distribution network and marketing reach that Stern and JJP have. More than likely they have to cut price and features listed above before they satisfy the EAs. But let's hope not. Even as peripheral as I feel the bowling alley is to the game ... it's the coolest mech ever, and it'd be nice to have as many out in the wild as possible.

#11263 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If you take out the bowling alley and pf window completely, dispense with the chrome (plain steel), dispense with the rug, have normal thickness glass in the backbox, normal metal apron, no 'achiever' badges, and begin ordering parts in much bigger batches, you easily shave at least $1000 off the BoM.

I heard (rumors only) that the BoM on the bowling alley alone was over $1000, so I think your estimate is likely on the low end.

#11264 4 years ago

Cointaker just told me they are shipping Nine (9) new Lebowski pins in the next couple weeks with more on the way.

Paying too much is just idiotic when you can get One soon at retail cost.

#11265 4 years ago

Did cointaker say anything about how long he can sell games for DP before a single EA game is delivered ???

Last batch was sold with out any concerns.
Now another 9 games, looks funny to continue to support this business when zero EA games have been delivered.
Is the goal to sell games or make EA’s whole

#11266 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Did cointaker say anything about how long he can sell games for DP before a single EA game is delivered ???
Last batch was sold with out any concerns.
Now another 9 games, looks funny to continue to support this business when zero EA games have been delivered.
Is the goal to sell games or make EA’s whole

Thought Barry mentioned in his letter that there was some potential in E.A. games come the new year. As for stripping the game to get the price down I personally think that would be a fail. Yes 12.5 is a crazy number but 500 units is not that large an audience in my opinion. Make the EAs whole and that comes down to 300 ish. Easy 12.5k market in my opinion. Not for everyone I get that but there are Plenty of followers for this title to pull off those numbers. The game is just that good to be honest. If the code continues to develop it will be amazing. Aside from a Poor business plan the pricing for the game currently Could make this a reality. I more worry about when the current buckets and boxes of parts run out and DP is forced to start dipping into pocket again. Time will tell.

#11267 4 years ago

Curious on the turn around time if you were to get in line now for one of the games.

Does anyone have an idea?

#11268 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Curious on the turn around time if you were to get in line now for one of the games.
Does anyone have an idea?

Simple, call Cointaker

#11269 4 years ago

Let us know if you want on the list. Nitro has a few TBL’s available from our next allotment.

Contact [email protected] or Toll Free 1-855-DO-NITRO

#11270 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Simple, call Cointaker

I emailed Cointaker but got no response.

#11271 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I emailed Cointaker but got no response.

Just call Cointaker- website for phone number

#11272 4 years ago

Yeah, I suppose, but it kind of bugs me to have to track someone down to deliver them a boatload of money. Makes me wonder what kind of service I’ll get down the line.

#11273 4 years ago

Keep in mind that Cointaker/Laseriffic had a Black Friday sale and they're probably slammed with orders. The Voodoo glass I ordered during the sale was shipped today. They're probably busy filling orders. Give Melissa a call.

#11274 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Yeah, I suppose, but it kind of bugs me to have to track someone down to deliver them a boatload of money. Makes me wonder what kind of service I’ll get down the line.

Cointaker is very busy most of the time, but they always answer their phone. E-mails can get lost in the shuffle. Always call if you want answers fast. Also don't worry about their service, they have always come through for me when needed.

#11275 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I more worry about when the current buckets and boxes of parts run out and DP is forced to start dipping into pocket again. Time will tell.

Agreed, I hope for the sake of all EA’s Barry can make this work. If Cointaker is getting 9 games at some point it would be very encouraging (and appropriate) for a couple E.A. games to be in that mix.

#11276 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Cointaker is very busy most of the time, but they always answer their phone. E-mails can get lost in the shuffle. Always call if you want answers fast. Also don't worry about their service, they have always come through for me when needed.

Ok, good to know. In my line of work, not answering emails=death, but I understand things work differently elsewhere.

#11277 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

I heard (rumors only) that the BoM on the bowling alley alone was over $1000, so I think your estimate is likely on the low end.

I was intentionally low-balling. I know of the rumours too, but have never heard anything definitive on it. But yeah, I'd be amazed if it wasn't at least high 3 figures.

#11279 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thought Barry mentioned in his letter that there was some potential in E.A. games come the new year. As for stripping the game to get the price down I personally think that would be a fail. Yes 12.5 is a crazy number but 500 units is not that large an audience in my opinion. Make the EAs whole and that comes down to 300 ish. Easy 12.5k market in my opinion. Not for everyone I get that but there are Plenty of followers for this title to pull off those numbers. The game is just that good to be honest. If the code continues to develop it will be amazing. Aside from a Poor business plan the pricing for the game currently Could make this a reality. I more worry about when the current buckets and boxes of parts run out and DP is forced to start dipping into pocket again. Time will tell.

300 all sold at $12.5k is more than any other game has ever done at such a high price point. So it is a very large number. There's no precedent. PotC CE was 200 units, and there are still quite a few available NIB in Europe ... and it's a game that people are paying over list on the LEs, and want more built. That's also with a big world wide distribution network, minimal wait (compared with TBL), and the surety of code being worked on until it's totally done.

Wonka CE is supposedly selling pretty well, but I think virtually everyone, including distributors, are expecting them to be available for at least 2-3 years. It'd be amazing for JJP if they've already sold 200, given that there's no "you might be left out" urge, with the 500 run.

If DP can get all the way to fulfilling their obligations to EAs at this price point, great, but IMO they'd exceed all expectations by selling 200.

Unlike the ARA debacle, there really needs to be a backup plan this time, not just in case of 'failure', but because of the inevitability of the market reaching saturation at a $12.5k price at some point. Price is even higher in Canada / EU / AUNZ.

#11280 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Unlike the ARA debacle, there really needs to be a backup plan this time, not just in case of 'failure', but because of the inevitability of the market reaching saturation at a $12.5k price at some point. Price is even higher in Canada / EU / AUNZ.

What would the backup plan be, though? Liquidation? Surely they cannot announce plans to drop prices or offer other cheaper models in the future, that would only cannibalize current sales.

#11281 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What would the backup plan be, though? Liquidation? Surely they cannot announce plans to drop prices or offer other cheaper models in the future, that would only cannibalize current sales.

I think 500 more BBB could be sold easily for 12.5. TZ price is really high aside there are A LOT of them, same goes for IJ. This one is a collector and high level finish so not sure all this talk... 500 pins is a really low number anyway.

#11282 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

300 all sold at $12.5k is more than any other game has ever done at such a high price point. So it is a very large number. There's no precedent. PotC CE was 200 units, and there are still quite a few available NIB in Europe ... and it's a game that people are paying over list on the LEs, and want more built. That's also with a big world wide distribution network, minimal wait (compared with TBL), and the surety of code being worked on until it's totally done.
Wonka CE is supposedly selling pretty well, but I think virtually everyone, including distributors, are expecting them to be available for at least 2-3 years. It'd be amazing for JJP if they've already sold 200, given that there's no "you might be left out" urge, with the 500 run.
If DP can get all the way to fulfilling their obligations to EAs at this price point, great, but IMO they'd exceed all expectations by selling 200.

Yes but this is Not like any other game, it’s the Dude! Plus your comparison is based on other OEMS offering basically unlimited supply of 3 different models. This is one model, rare, fun, and again the Dude. If he can build the 300-500 I would guarantee they would all sell. But that’s like my opinion man.

#11283 4 years ago

I spoke with Melissa today. I am #38 on the list currently! She said currently they are making at least 2 per week so that is about 4 months! Here's hoping. She also said that so far only one person on the list has declined to buy when contacted and they later chose to be put on the end of the list; so basically everyone on the list is actually buying them.

And I am firmly in the "could definitely sell 350" of these camp. If top models of other pins with unlimited lower and cheaper models available are selling in the 200 range, this premium pin with a popular and unique theme and no cheaper models can sell 350. No doubt in my mind.

#11284 4 years ago

If all 140 remaining EA games are built, plus the hundred or so to date, that leaves around 250 games to sell for the target of 500 licensed machines. This seems very possible given the theme, fun factor, and quality.

#11285 4 years ago

It's a killer theme and fun pinball machine, I have no doubt they could easily sell 300+ machines in Europe / America combined for 12,5k a piece.

People are paying 8K/10K for subpar machines with flaws.

#11286 4 years ago

It's happening!

All built will sell.

#11287 4 years ago

Usually we do not post in owners threads, but this time due to the rareness of this machine we make this exception.

We are about to finalize the playfield protector for this beauty for a customer who provided us with the machine.
The protector is already listed...
https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/JdmSC6hukEekhRd6J1uWeA

We set up a dicscount code of 20% per order - if one TBL playfield protector is included within this order.
Please use
TBL20
during checkout.

The Big Lebowski is a gem. It is really unfortunate, that the circumstances are a bit rough.

#11288 4 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

Usually we do not post in owners threads, but this time due to the rareness of this machine we make this exception.
We are about to finalize the playfield protector for this beauty for a customer who provided us with the machine.
The protector is already listed...
https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/JdmSC6hukEekhRd6J1uWeA
We set up a dicscount code of 20% per order - if one TBL playfield protector is included within this order.
Please use

TBL20
during checkout.
The Big Lebowski is a gem. It is really unfortunate, that the circumstances are a bit rough.

Question...on the Vivak Pet-g. How does the plastic look over time with the ball rolling on it. Is Vivak a more unique version of pet-g. Reason I ask is that Acrylic tends to hold up much better to scratches but unfortunately is brittle.
Pet-g I used is very durable; however scratches easily. Wondering how the Vivak petg plastic will look with ball rolling over playfield- will it scratch easily?

#11289 4 years ago

Had a friend ordering one for his IJ and installed it few weeks ago. Scratches are indeed seen if you look carefully. And this already after several plays. However, you must look for it and it gives ease of mind.

Biggest issue I guess will be the part over the big window insert. There scratches will be more visible For the eye I expect.

I have a protector on my AcDc premium for Pinball Universe. I have the feeling they are using a material more scratch resistant. But can be just a feeling.

#11290 4 years ago

When was the last shipment of TBL by DP and how many?

#11291 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballyDutchy:

Can't trust my faulty memory too much here but something like 42 machines were delivered about 3 months ago would be my guess.

Welcome to Pinside. I see you've just recently joined.

#11292 4 years ago

You tell us when the next one is, Barry.

#11293 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

You tell us when the next one is, Barry.

lmao...I didn't even read the pinsider's name until you make this comment. Very well could be. Too damn funny.

#11294 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:Can't trust my faulty memory too much here but something like 42 machines were delivered about 3 months ago would be my guess.
Welcome to Pinside. I see you've just recently joined.

Which means only mainly ARA build TBL delivered. And at least 3 months for perhaps 9 TBLs to be ready. Very impressive, those EAs are lucky bastards! With all needed holiday’s those Dutch guys will build foresure 20 TBL coming year, am I right Rensh? Please check progress for us each three weeks at your friends factory!

#11295 4 years ago

What about the 128 games owed to EA guys ?

#11296 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question...on the Vivak Pet-g. How does the plastic look over time with the ball rolling on it. Is Vivak a more unique version of pet-g. Reason I ask is that Acrylic tends to hold up much better to scratches but unfortunately is brittle.
Pet-g I used is very durable; however scratches easily. Wondering how the Vivak petg plastic will look with ball rolling over playfield- will it scratch easily?

Vivak is just a brand name.

#11297 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Vivak is a brand name for sheets made out of PETg. There are pros and cons for PETg and Acrylic. PETg allows us to use thinner more flexible material. Acrylic will break much quicker. That's an issue regarding transportation and regarding installing a protector. We ship internationally only express, which is expensive. We offered also standard but quite some protectors/packages were broken. Two many process steps If you install Acrylic you have to strip down the playfield nearly completely. With Vivak you can be a bit more "creative". Acrylic might be a bit more scratch resistant, installing new good balls and checking them from time to time would help maybe even more. You can also wax the playfield protector which helps. But please apply less wax than on the playfield itself.

Quoted from Rensh:

Had a friend ordering one for his IJ and installed it few weeks ago. Scratches are indeed seen if you look carefully. And this already after several plays. However, you must look for it and it gives ease of mind.
Biggest issue I guess will be the part over the big window insert. There scratches will be more visible For the eye I expect.
I have a protector on my AcDc premium for Pinball Universe. I have the feeling they are using a material more scratch resistant. But can be just a feeling.

PUs protectors are twice a thick as ours and they spare the magnets which we cover. As said - pros and cons. We thought about offering vivak and acryl but the "fragility" was simpy a no go. If something breaks during installation or during transport cannot be controlled. Even if it is clear that it is from transport - good luck getting your money back from UPS - unfortunately...

#11298 4 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

Vivak is a brand name for sheets made out of PETg. There are pros and cons for PETg and Acrylic. PETg allows us to use thinner more flexible material. Acrylic will break much quicker. That's an issue regarding transportation and regarding installing a protector. We ship internationally only express, which is expensive. We offered also standard but quite some protectors/packages were broken. Two many process steps If you install Acrylic you have to strip down the playfield nearly completely. With Vivak you can be a bit more "creative". Acrylic might be a bit more scratch resistant, installing new good balls and checking them from time to time would help maybe even more. You can also wax the playfield protector which helps. But please apply less wax than on the playfield itself.

PUs protectors are twice a thick as ours and they spare the magnets which we cover. As said - pros and cons. We thought about offering vivak and acryl but the "fragility" was simpy a no go. If something breaks during installation or during transport cannot be controlled. Even if it is clear that it is from transport - good luck getting your money back from UPS - unfortunately...

Thanks!

#11299 4 years ago

Hey Dude, heared some whispering that new shit is coming soon!!!

#11300 4 years ago

Hey Dude, heared some whispering that new shit is coming soon!!!

Some new shit has come to light.

https://i.postimg.cc/50tCS4MS/TBL-12112019.jpg

There's a TBL in my house!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/226 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.