(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 306.
#11051 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:pinhead1982 : Did you get a rug?

Yeah got a rug

Quoted from Yelobird:

Sincerely congrats. Seeing that game at any cost cross your threshold of rugs had to be a happy happy day. If you would share, as a double payer did your game come with your long overdue plaque and any input on the bonus special accessory prizes he was pitching? Do hope you enjoy some closure, really is a special game with a Crazy story and history.

There is something special coming for EA games. They are not quite ready yet- Barry will send me mine in a couple of weeks.

#11052 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You've got serial #EA105. Congrats. Does that mean you have an Early Achievers EA105 plate on your game?

QSS

#11053 4 years ago

1 down. 350 or so to go?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#11054 4 years ago

It's "early achiever", not "early adopter" which is a play on Mr. Lebowski's little "urban achievers" from the film.
Just sayin.

#11055 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It's "early achiever", not "early adopter" which is a play on Mr. Lebowski's little "urban achievers" from the film.
Just sayin.

Fixed.

QSS

#11056 4 years ago

The next 2 games are almost done- so that is 4 games in 1.5 weeks - Not bad!!

#11057 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

The next 2 games are almost done- so that is 4 games in 1.5 weeks - Not bad!!

Those 4 games had to have been partially assembled by ARA, no way Barry is cranking out a game every 2 days.. I hope for the best for the sake of EA’s but I think we should keep expectations realistic as we go forward.

#11058 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Those 4 games had to have been partially assembled by ARA, no way Barry is cranking out a game every 2 days.. I hope for the best for the sake of EA’s but I think we should keep expectations realistic as we go forward.

The first picture showing These games are going to the next EA's prepaid on the list will be a more impressive statement honestly. At double pay per game, I would work 24/7 to make 21K per game!

#11059 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The first picture showing These games are going to the next EA's prepaid on the list will be a more impressive statement honestly. At double pay per game, I would work 24/7 to make 21K per game!

Good point

#11060 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Barry has other people working on different assemblies- then they all come together.. he may even take his work home with him

Imagine...wiring up a bowling Mech whilst watching an episode of Friends..

#11061 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Barry has other people working on different assemblies- then they all come together.. he may even take his work home with him
Imagine...wiring up a bowling Mech whilst watching an episode of Friends..

Sadly I think Friends was still on the air when he received payment from the EA buyers. lol Might not be as entertaining now...

#11062 4 years ago

Ha ha, yeah.. but I don’t know what you guys over in the US on nightly basis

Over here is EastEnders or Coronation Street!

#11063 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Ha ha, yeah.. but I don’t know what you guys over in the US on nightly basis

Being married to a Londoner, I know ALL about EastEnders and Corey!

#11064 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

East Enters and Coronation Street are still on !!!???

#11065 4 years ago

I'd rather wire myself up to the power supply than watch Friends...

#11066 4 years ago

I just want to believe that this will all happen, especially as I am on the list from CT (I won't back out if I get the call). I just can't help but be skeptical that Barry will build the games he can build without buying too many other parts and after they are sold, the run of TBL ends. I really hope I'm wrong. It would be great for Barry, EA's, and pinball for one of these pre-order fiascoes to turn out with a happy ending.

#11067 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

It would be great for Barry, EA's, and pinball for one of these pre-order fiascoes to turn out with a happy ending.

I would like a happy ending.

#11068 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Cash Machine (resized).jpgCash Machine (resized).jpg
#11069 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Come to Asia. You’ll find one here.

#11070 4 years ago

Wow.
I can't believe it's been exactly 5 years:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lebowski-presentation-at-expo

#11071 4 years ago

Sure is!
After a little tweaking-Rug switch, Pop bumper spoons, flipper alignment & error message removal- TBL is playing sweet!

5yrs ago TBL did set a standard - colour display, internet connectivity

#11072 4 years ago

I know WOZ was also around the same time- I both great pins and at the time well ahead of stern.

If DP had got TBL out years ago, I think they would have a strong following would be on their 3rd Pin by now..

#11073 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

If DP had got TBL out years ago, I think they would have a strong following would be on their 3rd Pin by now..

You think the issue was timing? DP had no problem selling games. It was delivering them for the price they set that was the issue.

#11074 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Sure is!
After a little tweaking-Rug switch, Pop bumper spoons, flipper alignment & error message removal- TBL is playing sweet!

Worth the wait and hassle?

#11075 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

You think the issue was timing? DP had no problem selling games. It was delivering them for the price they set that was the issue.

I think it was more of a “cover all eventualities” in a contract!

Quoted from highdef:

Worth the wait and hassle?

It’s a fun game, which I think shoots well. The look of the game, and the features DP have packed into are great.
If the code is improved and finalised In think this could be a Top 10 game... maybe even 5

#11076 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I think it was more of a “cover all eventualities” in a contract!

It’s a fun game, which I think shoots well. The look of the game, and the features DP have packed into are great.
If the code is improved and finalised In think this could be a Top 10 game... maybe even 5

Can you confirm if the wizard or any wizard mode is in? I think it's not (the dude whatever) is that true?

#11077 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you confirm if the wizard or any wizard mode is in? I think it's not (the dude whatever) is that true?

No wizard mode in the most recent code, no.

#11078 4 years ago

Current code is thin, fingers crossed there's an update in the future.

#11079 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Current code is thin, fingers crossed there's an update in the future.

I would say the code update would indicate that Barry is serious about making Dutch Pinball and TBL work. Without the code update he is only looking to make a few games to get rid of what he has for the most money possible.

#11080 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I would say the code update would indicate that Barry is serious about making Dutch Pinball and TBL work. Without the code update he is only looking to make a few games to get rid of what he has for the most money possible.

He's told me more than once he is working with the programmer. Was meeting with him in person in late September one time we interacted.

1 week later
#11081 4 years ago

Nearly another month gone and no additional games out the door, no additional updates, no additional clarity, no communication....what's going on?

#11082 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Nearly another month gone and no additional games out the door, no additional updates, no additional clarity, no communication....what's going on?

It's almost as if the plan for a single guy to build 7 games a week is complete insanity!

#11083 4 years ago

maybe he's on vacation with joe from paperflock

#11084 4 years ago

Some dream for Barry restarting the line and him building and selling 500 TBL. Some wish 150 games would be made from parts and them be given to EA's who bought them once. Some hope he makes 10 games from parts on hand. And here we are ... hoping, wishing and dreaming.

#11085 4 years ago

Barry is building 2-3 games a week Currently.

Assembly space has now been finished so hopefully will get more efficient and start producing more

#11086 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Some dream for Barry restarting the line and him building and selling 500 TBL. Some wish 150 games would be made from parts and them be given to EA's who bought them once. Some hope he makes 10 games from parts on hand. And here we are ... hoping, wishing and dreaming.

Well Jeff, 7 have been done so far

#11087 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Well Jeff, 7 have been done so far

Better question is have any games been built from the ground up? I have no doubt Barry has completed some partially assembled games. I hope for the sake of the EA’s that Barry can keep the builds going after the partially assembled games have been completed and the parts for complete builds have been used up.

#11088 4 years ago

There were not 7 unfinished games.

40 were boxed - they were sold to CT

1 or 2 playfields missing parts - Barry finished these.
5 games built from ground up

Credit where it’s due!

#11089 4 years ago

Money taken in from new orders is being used - well some of it- to order new parts to continue building games

#11090 4 years ago

That was not the proposed plan for new builds I read. Money was to be held by distributor until game is read to ship.
Unless you are saying profits from shipped games are being used for parts.... that would be acceptable.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Money taken in from new orders is being used - well some of it- to order new parts to continue building games

#11091 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That was not the proposed plan for new builds I read. Money was to be held by distributor until game is read to ship.
Unless you are saying profits from shipped games are being used for parts.... that would be acceptable.

Yes that is what I am saying

#11092 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

One of the games made it to Tilt in MPLS and plays amazing.

I'm heading up there this weekend. Can't wait to play it! Are they still sticking with 50cents a play, like their other games? Tilt Pinball Bar has the best prices on new Sterns and Jacks of pretty much anywhere.

#11093 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

There were not 7 unfinished games.
40 were boxed - they were sold to CT
1 or 2 playfields missing parts - Barry finished these.
5 games built from ground up
Credit where it’s due!

Do you work for DP, have you been to their new factory, did you see with your own eyes what Barry received from ARA? Credit will be given when all EA's have their games, again i really hope Barry can pull this off! The EA's have been lied to in the past (me included) so i am sure you can understand the cautious optimism surrounding the project at this point. If Barry can pull this off and get all the EA's their games he will be the Tiger Woods of the pinball industry.

#11094 4 years ago

barry could spend 10mins a day posting a blog of progress and photos and debunk any 'fears and concerns'

But instead we get this... year after year after year...

#11095 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

barry could spend 10mins a day posting a blog of progress and photos and debunk any 'fears and concerns'
But instead we get this... year after year after year...

He can blog post all he wants, only thing that's going to convince anyone of anything at this point is games getting shipped in decent numbers and on a recurring basis.

#11096 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm heading up there this weekend. Can't wait to play it! Are they still sticking with 50cents a play, like their other games? Tilt Pinball Bar has the best prices on new Sterns and Jacks of pretty much anywhere.

Lebowski at Tilt is 4 tokens per play, so roughly $1 per game, but can be less if you buy a lot of tokens. Elvira LE and Jurassic Park LE are there too and are still only 2 tokens per game.

#11097 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Lebowski at Tilt is 4 tokens per play, so roughly $1 per game, but can be less if you buy a lot of tokens. Elvira LE and Jurassic Park LE are there too and are still only 2 tokens per game.

Ahh yeah, that's fair. I mean there are less than 100 TBLs in the wild, right? Plus how many of those are actually on route. But hopefully DP will find a way to actually keep making more.

#11098 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

What do you think is going on? I assume you aware of the history of this company. I mean, the guy sold the same machine 2 times. Not really a reputable situation going on here. Short answer: SNAFU

#11099 4 years ago

snafubar.pngsnafubar.png

#11100 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Why not release the code and watch the magic happen... (yes, I do realize the challenges; just sayin')

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.