(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 306.
#11001 4 years ago

Also- and this is speculation - maybe Barry is looking to get parts for more games than he currently has in hand so when he does get a bigger workforce together they are not cranking out games quicker than the parts can be made, thus resulting in workforce getting paid but no games being made - which IS a waste of money!?

#11002 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I get it, he had to organize parts, and get his shop setup and that probably took the majority of his time.

I don't know, when I look at the pictures in posts 10923 10936.... it doesn't scream well-organized to me. Not throwing rocks here. If you looked at my workshop, well trust me, I have no room to talk about great organization. Looks like packing materials laying about boxes stacked on boxes (and not neatly), etc. It's probably a good thing that it's a one-man band right now. It's a whole lot easier to get by with lack of organization and process when you are the only cook in the kitchen. It will be interesting to see how things progress.

#11003 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I don't know, when I look at the pictures in posts 10923 10936.... it doesn't scream well-organized to me. Not throwing rocks here. If you looked at my workshop, well trust me, I have no room to talk about great organization. Looks like packing materials laying about boxes stacked on boxes (and not neatly), etc. It's probably a good thing that it's a one-man band right now. It's a whole lot easier to get by with lack of organization and process when you are the only cook in the kitchen. It will be interesting to see how things progress.

Barry still waiting on shelving/racks for each station of assembly.

Pictures allow speculation and judgment- but don’t tell the whole story- Pictures with explanation and updates are on Private EA Thread. Which, I understand might not Encourage potential new buyer confidence, but with an already extensive interest list - (and there will be more interest once games are flowing) will stay on private thread

#11004 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Pictures allow speculation and judgment- but don’t tell the whole story- Pictures with explanation and updates are on Private EA Thread. Which, I understand might not Encourage potential new buyer confidence, but with an already extensive interest list - (and there will be more interest once games are flowing) will stay on private thread

Hey Pinhead1982, what did barry have for breakfast today? Your nose is so brown I'm sure you can tell by the smell.. Fill us in on the specifics then, how many employees whats the expected build timelines going forward?

#11005 4 years ago

Hey Pinhead1982, what did barry have for breakfast today? Your nose is so brown I'm sure you can tell by the smell.. Fill us in on the specifics then, how many employees whats the expected build timelines going forward?

I don’t know that stuff yet..

Hmmm my nose is brown!? If that’s you in your Avatar then thinking it’s you who’s been sniffing the brown stuff.

#11006 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So 3 weeks to Move into assembly space, set up what he could, order storage racks/parts bins etc (which still waiting on)
And get 2 games made/finished tested whatever..

Ok, from here on out then it will be very interesting to see what Barry and "his team" can produce. My guess is, it will be a continued stream of excuses now proxied through you and whoever his megaphone of the month is. My prediction, is he can sustain building a game a week for a little while until the next roadblock or two is hit.. then it will be back to radio silence more so than before.

So he and "his team" built 2 games in 3 weeks on top of a whole ton of other shit. Even if he and "his team" can build 8x that amount and then can build 16 games a month.. In 2.6 years all the EA's will be whole.. ludicrous

#11007 4 years ago

Ok, from here on out then it will be very interesting to see what Barry and "his team" can produce. My guess is, it will be a continued stream of excuses now proxied through you and whoever his megaphone of the month is. My prediction, is he can sustain building a game a week for a little while until the next roadblock or two is hit.. then it will be back to radio silence more so than before.
So he and "his team" built 2 games in 3 weeks on top of a whole ton of other shit. Even if he and "his team" can build 8x that amount and then can build 16 games a month.. In 2.6 years all the EA's will be whole.. ludicrous

We shall see, right now DP is in its best position than it’s been in years. Suing DP would yield nothing.

#11008 4 years ago

In 2.6 years all the EA's will be whole.. ludicrous

Personally I'd be happy with that result... I'm not in a hurry myself... my gamesroom might just be ready for it by then!

#11009 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

The “private thread” should be closed and open to public to read. The private thread for EAs is completely irrelevant and frankly at this point counter productive. Considering the EA’s ONLY hope now is new money and new buyers, and they refuse to join together and sue, there is no good that comes from any of their “private” conversations.

#11010 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

The “private thread” should be closed and open to public to read. The private thread for EAs is completely irrelevant and frankly at this point counter productive. Considering the EA’s ONLY hope now is new money and new buyers, and they refuse to join together and sue, there is no good that comes from any of their “private” conversations.

Disagree the Private thread keeps FACTS that we know- and very little speculation and pointless bullshit which this thread is 10700+posts out of 11000 are

#11011 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Why are you so fired up about this? We can all discuss TBL to our hearts' content right here, and it hurts no one for the EAs to have a private thread as well. The EAs can always drop by here if they're in need of your expert legal advice.

#11012 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

The “private thread” should be closed and open to public to read. The private thread for EAs is completely irrelevant

If it's irrelevant, why do you think It would be good for It to be open to the public to read?

#11013 4 years ago

If EAs want their games to ever materialize and are unwilling to force the issue against this fraud through the legal system then they are at the mercy of new buyers and new money, period.

If you want to make new buyers with new money comfortable with the prospect of handing over $12.5k in a situation that has been littered with lies and deception and intentional misdirection or no information at all for years, the way to do that would obviously be transparency and honesty.

I private thread is completely counter to that reality. Pretty simple.

If there are “facts” and photos that show more positivity in this situation, it is MEANINGLESS to the EAs to have that information since they are sitting on their hands doing nothing. The new buyers need to see and hear that information. Or the new buyers are far less likely to materialize..pretty simple.

#11014 4 years ago

Let me clarify, this is coming from someone who had a deposit years ago and cancelled when this all went downhill. This is also coming from someone who is 100% still interested in buying one of these games for my collection but only with a timeline and communication and assurances of some reality to this situation.

#11015 4 years ago

The point is that most EAs aren't interested in reading pages of negative speculation and derogatory comments, which is what happens when non-EAs get in on the act... sadly as it may seem...

#11016 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

The point is that most EAs aren't interested in reading pages of negative speculation and derogatory comments, which is what happens when non-EAs get in on the act...

That's why he said non EAs should be able to read the EA thread to gain info but not be allowed to post in it.

#11017 4 years ago

The point is that most EAs aren't interested in reading pages of negative speculation and derogatory comments, which is what happens when non-EAs get in on the act... sadly as it may seem...

That is a fair statement but you failed to address the reality that I pointed out. You need me (and many others) to want and to buy this game ahead of you. Why would it help your cause to hide facts from me and other interested parties at this point??

#11018 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If EAs want their games to ever materialize and are unwilling to force the issue against this fraud through the legal system then they are at the mercy of new buyers and new money, period.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Let me clarify, this is coming from someone who had a deposit years ago and cancelled when this all went downhill. This is also coming from someone who is 100% still interested in buying one of these games for my collection but only with a timeline and communication and assurances of some reality to this situation.

If you want a game, a lawsuit will put that to an end. Barry is building games and seems highly motivated. I've interacted with him extensively and he is putting everything into making this successful. He even has a second game that he plans to start working on next March. If he succeeds, it is good for everyone. But a lawsuit will result in nothing. This was already shut down for years over legal issues.

#11019 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

That's why he said non EAs should be able to read the EA thread to gain info but not be allowed to post in it.

Ok, but the issue would then be that the content of the private thread will spill to the public area and the pointless criticisms would continue just as if the thread were open to everyone...

When games start hitting the streets the vibe will change and the good news will spread no doubt... if anyone really wants one of these games, I'm confident you'll be able to get one... the private thread won't damage that potential from what I can tell...

#11020 4 years ago

Ok, but the issue would then be that the content of the private thread will spill to the public area and the pointless criticisms would continue just as if the thread were open to everyone...
When games start hitting the streets the vibe will change and the good news will spread no doubt... if anyone really wants one of these games, I'm confident you'll be able to get one... the private thread won't damage that potential from what I can tell...

What Pinslave says..

FACT- CT have extensive list of people wanting TBL despite not knowing what is discussed on the EA thread. Why?? Because all they care about is getting a killer game and having a risk free prospect of owning a TBL.. This is not including EU sales.

#11021 4 years ago

Honestly the only people who benefit from information not being public are the people flipping games for 18k-20k... if there are facts that suggest the runway is clear and this is going to pick up steam then the current market premium over the purchase price evaporates.

#11022 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

if there are facts that suggest the runway is clear and this is going to pick up steam then the current market premium over the purchase price evaporates.

While games are making it out of DP I suspect this premium price model is dead already... flippers are going to have to wait and see if DP survive or not...

#11023 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Honestly the only people who benefit from information not being public are the people flipping games for 18k-20k... if there are facts that suggest the runway is clear and this is going to pick up steam then the current market premium over the purchase price evaporates.

Don’t buy them then! The days of flipping TBL for 20K is over. Just like BBB - soon as a whisper of BBB being remade some day- more Likely now Kingpin is being remade and Planetary have the Capcom rights

Give it 4 months and we’ll will see for sure if DP will make good and TBL prices will be what you pay

#11024 4 years ago

When my second TBL is ready - I plan on selling it on to recoup the outlay on the one arriving.

Even tho it will NIB I reckon I will have it up for £9.5K in UK (£11,000 is what I’ve just paid) because they will be available

Taking into account what I paid 5yrs ago and now. After selling the second game it would have cost me £8K

#11025 4 years ago

Anyway, in about 8-12 months you all can reflect on my post above.. otherwise I'll eat crow with the others..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11026 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I am EA#105. The game is New money - yep I’ve bought it twice!

LOL.

#11027 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

He even has a second game that he plans to start working on next March

Holy shit. Is this scam essentially going to happen twice then?

Look, let’s be generous and assume Barry is capable of manufacturing hundreds of TBLs on his own for cheap. Even if he could do that, how exactly is a second game going to help? It’s going to distract him and push out TBL creation even further (past the license expiry.) This is madness.

#11028 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Look, let’s be generous and assume Barry is capable of manufacturing hundreds of TBLs on his own for cheap. Even if he could do that, how exactly is a second game going to help? It’s going to distract him and push out TBL creation even further (past the license expiry.) This is madness.

Next March could technically mean in 17 months. And it says start working on it then. As in not working on it now so he can concentrate on TBL.
Basically I read it as once big labowski is done he wants to do another game.

#11029 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The guy above me happily admitted to buying 1 game, twice. So yes, there are some real winners out there and a fool and his money are soon parted.

#11030 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The guy above me happily admitted to buying 1 game, twice. So yes, there are some real winners out there and a fool and his money are soon parted.

Barry still owes me a second game, new money helps DP get some € rolling. Hey if if doesn’t work out then I have paid the equivalent of what a TBL is going for with limited numbers... 20K-

I’m no fool, but enjoy this hobby, I enjoyed this game when I played it. I don’t smoke, drink much or do drugs, that is money easily gone!

Game arrives in the next few Hrs!! I will post some pictures

#11031 4 years ago

If it's irrelevant, why do you think It would be good for It to be open to the public to read?

WOW!

#11032 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Barry still owes me a second game, new money helps DP get some € rolling. Hey if if doesn’t work out then I have paid the equivalent of what a TBL is going for with limited numbers... 20K-
I’m no fool, but enjoy this hobby, I enjoyed this game when I played it. I don’t smoke, drink much or do drugs, that is money easily gone!
Game arrives in the next few Hrs!! I will post some pictures

welcome to the "EA with a game club" , whenever in Paris come by and share TBL experience too
For me 10 games a month is what it gets , always want the rug to be "perfect" that's what you 'll want too I guess as time goes on

#11033 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I am way more interested in hearing about gameplay, strategies and overall impression of the game vs cost of the game and speculators.

Great game. Top 10...maybe even higher...for me all-time. I just don't think any pin is worth 20k+
Then again...im poor. If I were a rockefeller I would own 2 already.

#11034 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Well it's a good thing for TBL fans/pinball and Barry too, plus who is gonna know how many are really made ? Universal can't check that IMO so past end of 2020 it could be either a deal of prolonging the TBL License or its cash in hand if not if I was him, back door deals and and rock and roll TBLs till the end of people wanting them.
These TBLs could be named the "BGG edition" ( Barry's Golden Goose )

#11035 4 years ago
Quoted from MPRAMONE:

welcome to the "EA with a game club" , whenever in Paris come by and share TBL experience too
For me 10 games a month is what it gets , always want the rug to be "perfect" that's what you 'll want too I guess as time goes on

Why 10 games a month?

#11037 4 years ago

With 28 games I suppose. But I think I will be playing it more than that.

I had a BBB which I was afraid to play, Bought tons of spares to bullet proof the game..but in the end thought fuck it just play the thing.

#11038 4 years ago

Gotcha but the rug toy is something else , I've seen used TBLs with bad looking rugs and you don't want yours this way believe me.
Once Jaap told me "if it"s not broke why change it ?" I told him that it would be some spare item to get in the future at one point no matter what/how one plays the game..
A friend/big collector in France (200 games) played for the first time a TBL game at my place , he had been to the States and came in front of several TBL games in 2 different towns and these TBLs had the common point of not being playable ( on one game the rug was like shreds of paper ).
This game needs to be perfect IMO, it needs to be so , you 'll see for yourself.
I would pay good money for a spare new rug toy mech for the future that's for sure.
That's good business for Barry too IMO.

#11039 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Why 10 games a month?

You obviously missed the bit where he said he doesn't want to wear the rug out oops, wrote at same time as MPRAMONE... he beat me to the send button...

Quoted from Richthofen:

how exactly is a second game going to help?

You obviously haven't read a great deal about what's going on with this game... Barry is out of money you see, and cant afford to buy parts/pay rent etc etc if he only makes already paid for EA games, so he has to also make games to sell to keep cash coming in...

#11040 4 years ago

You obviously haven't read a great deal about what's going on with this game... Barry is out of money you see, and cant afford to buy parts/pay rent etc etc if he only makes already paid for EA games, so he has to also make games to sell to keep cash coming in...

I’m aware of what’s going on. The problem I have with it is that it’s not even proven there’s enough demand at 12,5k to get EAs their games. Now we are talking about a second game, which would have a different parts list and Barry would have to author his own schematics and hire someone to do new software, etc... how does that get them closer to the EAs getting their games? Any game that’s not Lebowski will by definition have a lower margin and make less sense than Lebowski because Lebowski already has all the up front work done (proven parts, testing, software, assembly order and instruction)...

Talking about a second game really reveals how delusional Barry must be. Look I know I don’t know the guy personally like many of you do, but any rational observer has to know there is no business plan that makes sense with a new game. He’d be starting from scratch and I think we all know how well that went the first time.

#11041 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I’m aware of what’s going on. The problem I have with it is that it’s not even proven there’s enough demand at 12,5k to get EAs their games. Now we are talking about a second game, which would have a different parts list and Barry would have to author his own schematics and hire someone to do new software, etc... how does that get them closer to the EAs getting their games? Any game that’s not Lebowski will by definition have a lower margin and make less sense than Lebowski because Lebowski already has all the up front work done (proven parts, testing, software, assembly order and instruction)...
Talking about a second game really reveals how delusional Barry must be. Look I know I don’t know the guy personally like many of you do, but any rational observer has to know there is no business plan that makes sense with a new game. He’d be starting from scratch and I think we all know how well that went the first time.

Calm down! . Barry is not working on his second game- his focus is on TBL

#11042 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Now we are talking about a second game, which would have a different parts list and Barry would have to author his own schematics and hire someone to do new software, etc... how does that get them closer to the EAs getting their games?

Sorry, my mistake... I thought, when you mentioned a 2nd game, you were referring to EAs buying a 2nd game in order to fund production of their 1st game... not a 2nd title... this next title is waaaay down the road, and, as Pinhead pointed out, will have no time spent on it 'till the TBL saga is behind him... I believe!

#11043 4 years ago
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
#11044 4 years ago

Awesome.....i sure hope one of those beauties finds its way on my doorstep at some point! EA #187!

#11045 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Calm down! . Barry is not working on his second game- his focus is on TBL

This is true. He was talking about designing the next game when production of TBL is up to speed. There is a title. The point is, he is trying to build a successful and sustainable company. But the focus now is on TBL.

#11047 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

The point is, he is trying to build a successful and sustainable company. But the focus now is on TBL.

The teeny tiny snag, however, is that after TBL is behind him and all EAs satisfied (assuming we get to that point) then DP won't be very financially solvent due to all shit that has happened in this saga leading to the current status of Barry needing to sell games I'm parallel to making EAs already paid for games... it means pretty much back to the beginning as opposed to where he planned to be... I.e. to have enough money to make the next title without needing pre-order funding... so my very rough synopsis is that the next title will also need to follow the pre-order model... unless Barry has a trick up his sleeve...

#11048 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Did you get a rug?

Can't you see he's got enough pinball rugs already

#11049 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sincerely congrats. Seeing that game at any cost cross your threshold of rugs had to be a happy happy day. If you would share, as a double payer did your game come with your long overdue plaque and any input on the bonus special accessory prizes he was pitching? Do hope you enjoy some closure, really is a special game with a Crazy story and history.

#11050 4 years ago

I.e. to have enough money to make the next title without needing pre-order funding... so my very rough synopsis is that the next title will also need to follow the pre-order model... unless Barry has a trick up his sleeve...

Since pre-orders are over in pinball, it would have to be in parallel to successful production of TBL, or with private backing, which may be the case.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/221?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.