(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 306.
#10951 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I’ve never seen someone put buttons on the cabinet before the decals. Something isn’t right here..

Where do you see that?

#10952 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Where do you see that?

I guess it’s the color of the decal.. looked like a bare cabinet initially..

#10953 4 years ago

I’ve never seen someone put buttons on the cabinet before the decals. Something isn’t right here..

The decals are on the cabinet.
Scroll up to post 10923 and it’s a side/angular view of the same machine in post 10936.

#10954 4 years ago

What’s to say the parts that were acquired from ARA didn’t include partially finished machines. For all anyone knows there could have been a couple of games that were already 50% or 80%/90% built? This may be what we are seeing being finished off.

The real test will be when machines have to be made from complete scratch and how long one of those takes to be made.

#10955 4 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

What’s to say the parts that were acquired from ARA didn’t include partially finished machines. For all anyone knows there could have been a couple of games that were already 50% or 80%/90% built? This may be what we are seeing being finished off.
The real test will be when machines have to be made from complete scratch and how long one of those takes to be made.

True but any more machines that get released will affect the value of the existing machines. Say 25 more get made, that is still 25 percent increase in the population

#10956 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

you’ve undersold him. Barry is also Marketing, Purchasing, Legal, Banking, Office Manager and Forklift Driver.

Also, I.T. and janitor.

#10957 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Also, I.T. and janitor.

Don't forget Quality Systems manager, and Manufacturing engineering.

#10958 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Don't forget Quality Systems manager, and Manufacturing engineering.

And tea lady!

#10959 4 years ago

Dude, tea lady is not the preferred nomenclature.. tea person please..

#10960 4 years ago

I am worried about employe theft now more then ever

#10961 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

I am worried about employe theft now more then ever

Well, there is a precedent!!

#10962 4 years ago

Dude, tea lady is not the preferred nomenclature.. tea person please..

Ah yes, sorry... but isn't that excluding robots?

#10963 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well, there is a precedent!!

Talking of presidents, isn't Trump planning to impose import tax on goods from Europe very soon? Not sure if that would include pinballs...?

#10964 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Talking of presidents, isn't Trump planning to impose import tax on goods from Europe very soon? Not sure if that would include pinballs...?

Considering how long of a process this has been, a new trade agreement will be put in place without tariffs with the EU before my TBL is delivered in 2026 during President Oprah Winfrey's first term.

#10965 4 years ago

there's more chance that Bieber gets the job one day IMO

#10966 4 years ago
Quoted from MPRAMONE:

there's more chance that Bieber gets the job one day IMO

He can be Canada's PM.

#10967 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

He can be Canada's PM.

Poor Canada!

#10968 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Poor Canada!

Anything is better than the current office-holder!

#10969 4 years ago

Got to remember "HU is in charge of China" joke though...
Very good one , old but very good...

#10970 4 years ago

Game boxed up and being picked up tomorrow

1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpegE4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpegE4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
#10971 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Game boxed up and being picked up tomorrow[quoted image][quoted image]

Well that’s encouraging to see.

#10972 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Game boxed up and being picked up tomorrow[quoted image][quoted image]

Pinhead,

So what's the story on this one? One of the batch of 40? It's not a new build is it?

#10973 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Pinhead,
So what's the story on this one? One of the batch of 40? It's not a new build is it?

New build

#10974 4 years ago

Don’t expect a straight answer, ever.

They are fishing for money and trying to show games being produced.
Looks like they have a few almost complete games that ARA built.
“They are building 2-5 games a week” BS
3 weeks later ONE game already build by ARA is about to be sent out to pinhead who helps DP avoid questions about when any EA games will be made.
Most likely DP will finish/cash out games already started by ARA and then make up another fat lie.

#10975 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Pinhead,

This is not one of the 40 - new build.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10976 4 years ago

3 weeks later ONE game already build by ARA is about to be sent out to pinhead who helps DP avoid questions about when any EA games will be made.
Most likely DP will finish/cash out games already started by ARA and then make up another fat lie.

How are DP fishing for money.. Coin Taker are DP’s US distributor.. Ask Melissa NO money until games are boxed and ready to ship

#10977 4 years ago

How do I help DP avoid questions? I just save the answers for the Private EA group thread.

#10978 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

How do I help DP avoid questions? I just save the answers for the Private EA group thread.

As I didn’t follow along early are you an EA finally getting your product or a new cash buyer? Congrats on the game.

#10979 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As I didn’t follow along early are you an EA finally getting your product or a new cash buyer? Congrats on the game.

I am EA#105. The game is New money - yep I’ve bought it twice!

#10980 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This is not one of the 40 - new build.

I heard DP received a handful of partially assembled games from ARA (along with the 40 fully assembled games) so I assume this “new build” is one of those partially assembled games.

#10981 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

yep I’ve bought it twice!

More accurately, you've bought 2... just the 2nd one you bought you're getting before the 1st one

3 weeks later ONE game already build by ARA is about to be sent out to pinhead

Don't forget the other one in the picture... just because it's not being shipped to pinhead doesn't invalidate it's existence... and these games were built by Barry and his 'team' not ARA.. by the way... and also dont forget that in those 3 weeks Barry has moved all those parts from ARA into his new manufacturing area, and organised them to aid assembly... that doesn't happen overnight... so making 2 games when you consider all the other stuff he's been doing is not bad at all... he's also been spending time finding suppliers for parts he's short of....and ordering them from what I can gather... not to mention making himself occational hot beverages!

#10982 4 years ago

More accurately, you've bought 2... just the 2nd one you bought you're getting before the 1st one

Don't forget the other one in the picture... just because it's not being shipped to pinhead doesn't invalidate it's existence... and these games were built by Barry and his 'team' not ARA.. by the way... and also dont forget that in those 3 weeks Barry has moved all those parts from ARA into his new manufacturing area, and organised them to aid assembly... that doesn't happen overnight... so making 2 games when you consider all the other stuff he's been doing is not bad at all... he's also been spending time finding suppliers for parts he's short of....and ordering them from what I can gather... not to mention making himself occational hot beverages!

I'm curious...are you involved in this endeavor in some way?

#10983 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'm curious...are you involved in this endeavor in some way?

Yes, I'm an EA... are you also involved? I have to admit, however, that my hot beverage claim is a bit speculative... Barry may prefer cold beverages... but this is the thread for speculation after all, so I'm just joining the party...

#10984 4 years ago

Yes, I'm an EA... are you also involved? I have to admit, however, that my hot beverage claim is a bit speculative... Barry may prefer cold beverages... but this is the thread for speculation after all, so I'm just joining the party...

Stop winding them up Lee.. Barry... no Lee..

#10985 4 years ago

Londonpinball another pic

630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
#10986 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I heard DP received a handful of partially assembled games from ARA (along with the 40 fully assembled games) so I assume this “new build” is one of those partially assembled games.

I had not heard that myself, and from photo's I saw of the parts DP got from ARA, the cabs I saw looked empty, so I don't think there were any partially assembled games...

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Stop winding them up Lee.. Barry... no Lee..

It's easy to get confused... even I get confused sometimes, with all the ins and outs and what-have-yous... lotta strands to keep in my head!

#10987 4 years ago

Well I don't care if its been half built, quarter built, or fully built by Barry.

Any additional games getting sent out is positive in my book.

#10988 4 years ago

How long is the coin taker list now for new games as they get built (if they get built)?

#10989 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

How long is the coin taker list now for new games as they get built (if they get built)?

I dont think coin taker is releasing this info but you could call/email them and ask.

I'm near the front so hoping they keep building them.

#10990 4 years ago

Just an update on the beverage front, Barry does have a hot beverage in the morning (coffee) and then moves over to a cold beverage in the afternoon in the form of a Coca Cola... so, it seems he's keeping his caffeine levels up! Maybe that's how he could make 2 games while he had all this other stuff on his plate!

#10991 4 years ago

LOL, with the beverage comment I thought you might be involved in the factory someway.

Nope - not an EA. Just following the story.

#10992 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

LOL, with the beverage comment I thought you might be involved in the factory someway.

Not directly... just keeping an eye on things as far as that's possible from a distance of 800km... sometimes via information shared on the private EA thread, and sometimes by direct contact with Barry, as was the case enabling me to clarify his beverage habits...

#10993 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I dont think coin taker is releasing this info but you could call/email them and ask.
I'm near the front so hoping they keep building them.

I emailed to ask where I was at in the list, but never heard back. I don't think it's something they want to share. It seems to be a massive longshot that I'll ever have my ticket called on this one, but it's worth a shot! I'm very glad to see some games going out.

#10994 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I emailed to ask where I was at in the list, but never heard back. I don't think it's something they want to share. It seems to be a massive longshot that I'll ever have my ticket called on this one, but it's worth a shot! I'm very glad to see some games going out.

Seems strange they won’t share where people’s spots are on the list. What is the motivation? More secrecy is not what this quagmire needs.

You all recall on Kaneda when he spoke to the big Lebowski flipper, he was a late add to the list and snagged one of the 40 due to others backing out in front of him.

#10995 4 years ago

They probably don't want to tell people they are #7 or whatever in case Barry can't built 7......
This is a tenuous situation. You will definately get a call when the game is made and you need to submit payment.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Seems strange they won’t share where people’s spots are on the list. What is the motivation? More secrecy is not what this quagmire needs.
You all recall on Kaneda when he spoke to the big Lebowski flipper, he was a late add to the list and snagged one of the 40 due to others backing out in front of him.

#10996 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Not sure why they wouldn't either. Maybe it's a long list and they know there's no way I'll have a shot unless a lot of people back out. I think people backing out is likely one reason they won't share a spot. I can see a lot backing out when the time comes to pay up $12.5K.

#10997 4 years ago

I heard the list is “extensive” this is good, as it shows demand. But as mentioned above- people get on the pre-order bandwagon (especially with no money/refundable deposit) and when it comes to paying up pull out.

I have only ever pulled out of 1 pre-order after saying I would buy a game (6 NIB in 3 yrs) - MM when they want from 1000 games to unlimited - and I already had a Williams one.

Anyway- back to demand- if it is there then it shows that the investment in DP, from the new investor point of view is good, and that what is needed to succeed will get done.

In Kanedas podcast he says EA games will be shipped after all new money is done- not true

Also says that 400+ games will need to be sold to pay for EA games. I have been told this is not true- around 400 game built is total including the EA games. So with extensive list in US & still EU to go- it does look possible.

Licence - yep runs out 31st Dec 2020- but most likely can be renewed after that if needed.

#10998 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

In Kanedas podcast he says EA games will be shipped after all new money is done- not true

In the Pinball Magazine podcast Barry said his plan is to intersperse shipment of EA games with newly sold games, but he did not announce or commit to a specific ratio. Assuming DP is committed to making this plan work and isn't just trying to clear out existing inventory, it would be a smart move to ship an EA game or two early in the process to build goodwill. Of course no EA games have shipped yet and it remains to be seen what will actually happen, but if you're suggesting that Kaneda is not a reliable source of information, no one can credibly disagree with you.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Also says that 400+ games will need to be sold to pay for EA games. I have been told this is not true- around 400 game built is total including the EA games.

In the Pinball Magazine podcast Barry said 400-500 games total would need to be shipped to get all 135 EAs their games (meaning DP needs to sell 265-365 new games at $12.5k to cover cost of making the EA games). Has Barry tightened up that estimate?

#10999 4 years ago

How can any sane person look at this and think this business model of a one man show is ever going to work? EA's need to band together and sue if you want any chance of getting your money back. Because unless you are EA# 37-40 you're not getting one anytime soon, forget about those of us much later in line.

Mid-July is when Cointaker started taking orders for the 40 machines that ARA had. People started receiving those games in late August.. So theoretically Barry could have started getting parts and assembling them then, it's also possible he had partially or even fully assembled play fields. But let's just be really conservative and assume that Barry only started assembling games in September. I get it, he had to organize parts, and get his shop setup and that probably took the majority of his time. So even though he had more than a month to get one game out the door, let's assume that he can build one a week, or four a month. It will take him 9.6 years to build all 500 games by himself. Remember, this business model is make 400-500 games to make the EA's whole..

A huge majority of the revenue is going towards making EA's whole.. so it will be very unlikely that he will be able to afford people to help assemble those games. But let's assume he can hire a few more people and he can produce 8 games per month.. it's still going to take him over 4 years to make everyone whole.. Keep in mind, the more games he has out in the wild, the more support those games will need.. eventually it's going to become unsustainable, and he will need to hire to keep up with demand and pace, which he can't afford.

For perspective, Spooky puts out about 500 a year with I estimate about 20-30x the number of employees

#11000 4 years ago

How can any sane person look at this and think this business model of a one man show is ever going to work? EA's need to band together and sue if you want any chance of getting your money back. Because unless you are EA# 37-40 you're not getting one anytime soon, forget about those of us much later in line.
Mid-July is when Cointaker started taking orders for the 40 machines that ARA had. People started receiving those games in late August.. So theoretically Barry could have started getting parts and assembling them then, it's also possible he had partially or even fully assembled play fields. But let's just be really conservative and assume that Barry only started assembling games in September. I get it, he had to organize parts, and get his shop setup and that probably took the majority of his time. So even though he had more than a month to get one game out the door, let's assume that he can build one a week, or four a month. It will take him 9.6 years to build all 500 games by himself. Remember, this business model is make 400-500 games to make the EA's whole..
Remember, a huge majority of the revenue is going towards making EA's whole.. so it will be very unlikely that he will be able to afford people to help assemble those games. But let's assume he can hire a few more people and he can produce 8 games per month.. it's still going to take him over 4 years to make everyone whole.. Keep in mind, the more games he has out in the wild, the more support those games will need.. eventually it's going to become unsustainable, and he will need to hire to keep up with demand and pace, which he can't afford.
For perspective, Spooky puts out about 500 a year with I estimate about 20-30x the number of employees

Not sure where you get your reasoning from-
1.) ARA deal struck - took time to finalise deal-
Also unboxing checking 40 games - 8th August was last week Barry checking second batch of games from ARA to send to CT.

Barry got parts out of ARA after last batch of games shipped and ARA had been paid. Then they had the holiday (1 week) and parts moved after that to storage

2.)Took time to find a space- the space Barry found had a tenant already- took time for them to move out.
Barry got keys to space on 16th September.
Took time to get parts moved from ARA to storage - out of storage to assembly space

So that brings us up to Mid September- So 3 weeks to Move into assembly space, set up what he could, order storage racks/parts bins etc (which still waiting on)
And get 2 games made/finished tested whatever..

That’s not bad going!

who said Barry is make if the games on his own- the entire amount - Are you NUTS!
There is more information/pictures and EAs have been kept up to date a lot more by me in the Private EA thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/220?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.