(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 306.
#10901 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He reported getting a $19k offer

I'm calling B.S.

#10902 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

People are just envious you have things they don’t have..

I was unable to respond sooner, but I strongly disagree (speaking on behalf of other non-Corvette owners).

#10903 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I was unable to respond sooner, but I strongly disagree (speaking on behalf of other non-Corvette owners).

Yeah but nobody cares what you think.

#10904 4 years ago

12,500 seems alright now - compared to Elvira. Stern jumped the prices - wow.

#10905 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

12,500 seems alright now - compared to Elvira. Stern jumped the prices - wow.

Agree. Elvira certainly took an unprecedented leap in price.

#10906 4 years ago

So nobody has received one of the forty that ARA released? Thought there would be some info by now... like if they actually function, etc...

#10907 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So nobody has received one of the forty that ARA released? Thought there would be some info by now... like if they actually function, etc...

Here’s one we unboxed and played last week.

#10908 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

They arrived. For some, the customs forms weren’t filled out correctly and were delayed at every stop/crossing. Some games arrived perfect with no issues, others arrived in damaged but “working” and potentially recoverable condition. But, arrived nonetheless.

#10909 4 years ago

Thanks. I thought there would be more chatter about it here. Maybe in a different thread? Good to see it finally happened (unless you were an unfulfilled EA).

#10910 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Thanks. I thought there would be more chatter about it here. Maybe in a different thread? Good to see it finally happened (unless you were an unfulfilled EA).

One of the games made it to Tilt in MPLS and plays amazing.

#10911 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well this is the preorder thread. Most went to people who had no skin in the game. Just had some influence like being a podcaster or had some clout with the one of the 2 distributors that received them.

#10912 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

There are some unboxing pics etc in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/9#post-5219770

#10913 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Agree. Elvira certainly took an unprecedented leap in price.

Not really, same pricing basically as BM66

#10914 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Well this is the preorder thread. Most went to people who had no skin in the game. Just had some influence like being a podcaster or had some clout with the one of the 2 distributors that received them.

Speaking of no skin in the game, this thread is twice as old as you!

#10915 4 years ago

Speaking of no skin in the game, this thread is twice as old as you!

Right, because you know so much about me and I was born the day I joined pinside. Say what you want but EA's should have been given first right of refusal and they could flip these and make back some of their cash.

#10916 4 years ago

Good news for all the EAs waiting for games

100% the clear coat/pooling issues will be solved before DP considers building your games.

#10917 4 years ago

At the risk of being harassed again... Any EA’s with a GB prem/LE want to skip the wait? Game is available for sale still. Game+$. I know it isn’t the way you wanted a game but it’s an offer that is available to you if you so choose. Still need to sell and it looks like personal raffles are illegal or I would have offered up tickets to win it. Also, last weekend available before it goes to a stealership for my 17 supercharged c7 Grandsport 3lt A8, 538rwhp.

#10918 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

At the risk of being harassed again... Any EA’s with a GB prem/LE want to skip the wait? Game is available for sale still. Game+$. I know it isn’t the way you wanted a game but it’s an offer that is available to you if you so choose. Still need to sell and it looks like personal raffles are illegal or I would have offered up tickets to win it. Also, last weekend available before it goes to a stealership for my 17 supercharged c7 Grandsport 3lt A8, 538rwhp.

Got some pics of the C7?

#10919 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Got some pics of the C7?

Sure, shoot me your email.

#10920 4 years ago

#10921 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I have a GB LE... But logistics isn’t right.. oh and my TBL game is being built..

5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg
#10922 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I have a GB LE... But logistics isn’t right.. oh and my TBL game is being built..[quoted image]

Cool man. Congrats!

#10923 4 years ago

DP has been busy this week - first week of Production - 2 games.. Only going to get quicker!

My game going through final testing before being shipped this week!

F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpegF6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
#10924 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

DP has been busy this week - first week of Production - 2 games.. Only going to get quicker!
My game going through final testing before being shipped this week![quoted image]

This is great news. Thank you for sharing

#10925 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My game going through final testing before being shipped this week![quoted image]

If you're willing to share, how are the financials being handled for those in Europe ordering direct from DP? Do you pay nothing up front and then full amount when ready to ship?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10926 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Only going to get quicker!

Bear in mind that the parts they're using to make the first few games are low hanging fruit... so it will need only a few extra parts to make them complete... as time progresses, unless Barry gas got his ducks lined up, things may actually slow down as more parts to complete games are needed... hopefully he will have these on order already!

#10927 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do you pay nothing up front and then full amount when ready to ship?

I'm on the list for one of the next games and certainly haven't been asked for any money yet... but then I also haven't been told that my game is getting built... I suspect what you're saying is the case... payment terms have not been confirmed however...

#10928 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Bear in mind that the parts they're using to make the first few games are low hanging fruit... so it will need only a few extra parts to make them complete... as time progresses, unless Barry gas got his ducks lined up, things may actually slow down as more parts to complete games are needed... hopefully he will have these on order already!

Yea I think I remember hearing that Barry got a handful of partially assembled games from ARA, I assume that PH1982 will be getting one of those games.

#10929 4 years ago

This is amazing to see, and glad – it would appear - folks are getting there games.

#10930 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yea I think I remember hearing that Barry got a handful of partially assembled games from ARA, I assume that PH1982 will be getting one of those games.

Partially assembled games went out I think. Don’t hold me to that.. but Barry is aiming for 4-5 games this week.

Quoted from fosaisu:

If you're willing to share, how are the financials being handled for those in Europe ordering direct from DP? Do you pay nothing up front and then full amount when ready to ship?

No money up front - payment on game ready to ship-

Barry has been actively looking for new suppliers is getting Quotes to make all the new parts needed.

#10931 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Partially assembled games went out I think. Don’t hold me to that.. but Barry is aiming for 4-5 games this week.

This has been bugging me ever since Barry made this "4-5 games a week" claim.

All of the TBL games were built and assembled by ARA with a factory of skilled and talented workers who specialize in a task such as this. Now Barry has a pile of parts strewn around a storage area and he is personally going to assemble 4 to 5 games a week? ARA built 90 games in what, a year or so?
Now Barry is on track to smash the ARA production rate and crank out 208 to 260 games in the next year? Based on the picture of one single game that is half assembled and based on Barry's record over the past 4 years I am having a very difficult time believing it. A very difficult time believing anything that I am hearing or seeing based on one feakin picture.

Please be very cautious before sending any money. These claims are extremely hard to believe.

QSS

#10932 4 years ago

Are you saying Barry is simply taking pictures of half built ARA games to lie to potential customers ???

5 games a week @ $12,500.00 per game
= $62,500.00 per week in fraud.

This dollar amount is in line with How fast he stole everyone’s money the first time.

PS: I think the deal with ARA/cointaker/DP
Took over 90 days to work out before they rushed that scam past the EAs.

#10933 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Are you saying Barry is simply taking pictures of half built ARA games to lie to potential customers ???

I read QSS's post to mean that there is just one photo of a half built game that Barry built... I don't think he's implying that this is a photo from ARA... and that the claim of 4-5 per week is unrealistic... what we don't know at this stage is if there are other people assembling games or not...

#10934 4 years ago

I read QSS's post to mean that there is just one photo of a half built game that Barry built... I don't think he's implying that this is a photo from ARA... and that the claim of 4-5 per week is unrealistic... what we don't know at this stage is if there are other people assembling games or not...

Correct.

There is no way the ARA factory production facility looks like the picture Pinhead1982 attached.

QSS

#10935 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

This has been bugging me ever since Barry made this "4-5 games a week" claim.
All of the TBL games were built and assembled by ARA with a factory of skilled and talented workers who specialize in a task such as this. Now Barry has a pile of parts strewn around a storage area and he is personally going to assemble 4 to 5 games a week? ARA built 90 games in what, a year or so?
Now Barry is on track to smash the ARA production rate and crank out 208 to 260 games in the next year? Based on the picture of one single game that is half assembled and based on Barry's record over the past 4 years I am having a very difficult time believing it. A very difficult time believing anything that I am hearing or seeing based on one feakin picture.
Please be very cautious before sending any money. These claims are extremely hard to believe.
QSS

Barry wrote the book on instruction to build TBL, Barry trained the staff to build TBL. if anything he is more qualified

No money until game is ready to ship.

I guess We will see how many games Barry can produce in a week very soon

#10936 4 years ago

Here is another picture.. Games being boxed tomorrow ready for pick up

EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpegEA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
#10937 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

if anything he is more qualified

Then why use ARA in the first place?

#10938 4 years ago

ARA had all the equipment needed to make subways, bowling ally Circuit boards and all in house.

Had a workforce, had space to assemble a production line..

That’s asking Why did CGC use Stern to produce MM?

#10939 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Then why use ARA in the first place?

Come on... do we really need to spell this out people?

Barry as an INDIVIDUAL has the knowledge and experience needed to assemble games. That is different from the idea that Barry as an individual is a FACTORY or is many bodies that can work on things individually, or has the tooling required to make all the components needed.

ARA was a design shop that helped re-engineer the prototype to a production game. ARA would have helped with all the build documentation and supply chain. ARA was the physical space to stock, inventory, and prep parts and assemblies. ARA was the manpower and facilities to actually assemble, test, QA, and package games.

Why use ARA? Because the prototype wasn't production ready. Because you can't run a pinball factory from your living room. Because you need manpower.

Now... Barry has a production ready game, and a supply chain figured out (Hopefully most of that is still usable..). And he's trying to scrap together the whole 'factory' side of things in his own rented space.

Barry is still the big knowledge tank for TBL... he didn't need ARA for that portion. Especially once he was able to recover all the materials put together for the project.

#10940 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Here is another picture.. Games being boxed tomorrow ready for pick up

Do you think he's hidden the bowling mech to hide the special extras he's been talking about?

#10941 4 years ago

In Pinhead1982's photo, the apron doesn't have the TBL silkscreen. Thats odd right? You'd think that would have been done before being installed.

Do you think he's hidden the bowling mech to hide the special extras he's been talking about?

All the TBL's came with paper protecting the plastic window on the playfield. That blue tape they're using left a lasting residue on the ARA 40 games. Its difficult to remove but that may have been a result of them sitting so long.

#10942 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

In Pinhead1982's photo, the apron doesn't have the TBL silkscreen. Thats odd right? You'd think that would have been done before being installed.

Yes, I noticed the blank apron... no idea what the plan is there... time will tell I guess...

#10943 4 years ago

So Barry is Design, Sales, Assembly, Support, HR, Accounting, Shipping/Receiving... and you guys think they will be assembled on a similar timeline as Spooky? Anything else you want to buy?

#10944 4 years ago

So Barry is Design, Sales, Assembly, Support, HR, Accounting, Shipping/Receiving... and you guys think they will be assembled on a similar timeline as Spooky? Anything else you want to buy?

But I emailed Barry and he said he could do it no problem

#10945 4 years ago

Nobody said Barry couldn't build games. The eyebrow raising part was promising to make 500 by end of 2020.

#10946 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Nobody said Barry couldn't build games. The eyebrow raising part was promising to make 500 by end of 2020.

That’s my point.. this “business model” doesn’t work..

#10947 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Here is another picture.. Games being boxed tomorrow ready for pick up[quoted image]

So much for the tbl seller saying there is only a 10 percent chance of anymore getting made.

#10948 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Here is another picture.. Games being boxed tomorrow ready for pick up[quoted image]

I’ve never seen someone put buttons on the cabinet before the decals. Something isn’t right here..

#10950 4 years ago

you’ve undersold him. Barry is also Marketing, Purchasing, Legal, Banking, Office Manager and Forklift Driver.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.