(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 306.
#1001 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey there Dudes,
Don't know if everyone has seen this video of gameplay of TBL.
It was posted November 11th 2015 on Dutch Pinball's Facebook page.
Have a look:
» YouTube video

Nice video. Wonder who made it Good times at DPO

Further more the DP team made it to Dutch pinball association New Years reception and enjoyed some time off. Hmmm, is playing pinball time off for a pinball manufacturer

We all enjoyed a good time. Let's all not forget pinball is all about having a good time !!

And yes, work on TBL is continuing and looking good.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1002 8 years ago

I haven't checked the thread in a while but nice to see these may ship q1. I think I'm number 21ish and some other number. One for me and one for the barcade for Chicagoland to play.

#1003 8 years ago

Ok I just got back on planet Lebowski.

Looks like I'm completly disconnected

When I heard Dutch Pinball did not get license right I though : that's it.......project is dead

Audio versions of the songs and movie clips are pretty good.

Now they have that : waiting for final approval label in every clip.

Do we know if clips and songs will stay ?

Any way we could do a pinball browser mod like Cleland did in Twd to switch back to the original songs ?

I'm so confuse right now cause i'm a hge fan of TBL that's why without clips, callouts or music it's just not Lebowski

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

When I heard Dutch Pinball did not get license right I though : that's it.......project is dead
Any way we could do a pinball browser mod like Cleland did in Twd to switch back to the original songs ?
I'm so confuse right now cause i'm a hge fan of TBL that's why without clips, callouts or music it's just not Lebowski

#1005 8 years ago

Cowboy guy voice is pretty cool and similar

White russian for you dude !!!

#1006 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

You are like a child that wanders into the middle of a movie....

#1007 8 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You are like a child that wanders into the middle of a movie....

right on.

just like the dude : i just drop in to see my condition

pretty unstable right now about preordering

#1008 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

pretty unstable right now about preordering

No more pre-orders are being accepted by DP. Best bet would be to contact Tommy up at Nitro if you are interested in a TBL in Canada

#1009 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Personally giving them another week or two before I get restless for a NSNL.

Ok count me restless . Got my NGG fixed and had great time at Arcade Expo this past weekend.. So need a NSNL with some progress to continue the trend.

#1010 8 years ago

So, who else is hoping for a NSNL today to end the week on a high?

#1011 8 years ago

We usually get one when we get kind of rowdy.. If you look at the cointaker TBL thread, we are there . Rarehero seems pretty confident games are getting built, so they must of gotten past the board issue, or decided to build what they can and integrate them last.

Either way, if theres a line of machines being assembled in any fashion, that would be sweet to see. Also wondering if we are close enough that they will need to sort out shipping details with at least the first batch of us urban achievers soon.

#1012 8 years ago

Haha yeah, I saw what was going on in that thread! I thought posting about a NSNL may fan the flames so I hunted this thread down instead.

It would be great to see them on the line, but I'd also really like some sort of gameplay update - it's been 14 months or so since the first prototypes were played at Expo and we really haven't seen any substantial gameplay development since then.

I asked Barry last year how much notice we'd receive re our games shipping as I'll need to sell one to make room - at the time he said that I'd have a couple of weeks notice, but I'd imagine you guys in the States will have a bit more forewarning.

If games are being assembled at the moment then we shouldn't be too far away from the first machines being delivered. Very exciting.

#1013 8 years ago

agree.. positive news about the gameplay (software / license / clips situation) is actually more an open question that the building of games right now. And, unfortunately, since October, everytime they have spoken up about at least the license assets, the story has gotten worse. Seeing Aurich be very open and frank about the Alien license, it's definitely a parallel situation over there. So yeah, it would be nice to get something like a gameplay video of some fleshed out modes and how they're fairing with navigating around the restrictions. I was just watching the "what makes a man?" speech clip yesterday on youtube and that too had music throughout.. which, after Jaap's talk at DPO and the Jesus scene, would put it in the out pile. So yeah, something positive here would be great.

#1014 8 years ago

Are there any vids/details about the code/ruleset?

#1015 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Are there any vids/details about the code/ruleset?

The most recent video was posted on page 20 of this thread by Nilroc - still an alpha ruleset unfortunately.

The NSNL - Pinside FAQ Edition that was sent out on the 18th of May last year had the following section and image:

Q: Any chance we could see a rulesheet/ mode diagram?

Sure, here is a high level rules logic diagram we made early on as a conversation piece for internal use. It doesn't include the possibilities of stacking, or combining modes and multiballs, nor does it detail the differences of all the rug modes, car modes, character modes and multiballs.

unnamed_(resized).jpgunnamed_(resized).jpg

#1016 8 years ago

for those that have played it; which I realize the 'show' code isn't even the above diagram.. what multiballs, if any are there now? Do we know how many balls this game is? Says '3 locked balls' .. so 3, maybe 4 with an add a ball?

Also, so it looks like doing well in bowling alley provides an assist to the character modes. Seems cool.

(trying to fill the dead air mostly )

#1017 8 years ago

Word on the Dutch street is NSNL coming pretty soon with some very good updates. Fingers crossed!

#1018 8 years ago

Hopefully before Feb at least. And I hope it's all good. No more license complication announcements please

#1019 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Word on the Dutch street is NSNL coming pretty soon with some very good updates. Fingers crossed!

Really hope this is true!

#1020 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Really hope this is true!

Being Dutchman I went outside on the street and listened to the Street talking to me and yep, it's true

#1021 8 years ago

My inbox told me it wants a NSNL. Getting late for one today.. Hopefully tomorrow. Friday I am at a client meeting and can't handle the distraction

#1022 8 years ago

Rensh, does the word on the street hint by this Friday for a NSNL ??

#1023 8 years ago

Really hoping for a NSNL today! Almost the end of Jan so I think we're due one.

#1024 8 years ago

Losing hope now - don't think we'll be getting one this late. Frustrating.

#1025 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Losing hope now - don't think we'll be getting one this late. Frustrating.

Absolutely ridiculous that we have not seen an update on progress. I am beyond frustrated with DP and the wealth of unanswered questions this late in the game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1026 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Absolutely ridiculous that we have not seen an update on progress. I am beyond frustrated with DP and the wealth of unanswered questions this late in the game.

I agree - say what you will re The Hobbit delays, but at least the people in on that game have a lot more to go on than we do at this point. They're talking about delivery this quarter yet we've only seen alpha software, and the last newsletter said production would start in January and we still haven't received a NSNL to tell us what is going on. Both frustrated and disappointed at this point, and it's really beginning to effect my enthusiasm for the game.

#1027 8 years ago

Calm. Da. Fook. Down.

#1028 8 years ago

Very disappointed. Hope they prove me wrong today. But, it sure isn't looking good. This is the kind of pattern with DP that will really make me think twice about buying another game from them. Communication through this whole thing has sucked, to put it nicely. I'm still looking forward to my game, but I am more excited to be out of the pre order bull sh!t for good. I guess, lesson learned.

Brian

#1029 8 years ago

Amazing how you guys forget how much HAS been shown compared to other pre-orders. Remember the amazing prototype!? How about the production samples!? How about the great art and toys? How about Bride of Pinbot - shipped and working great, with multiple code updates (there was a new one last week).

Nothing is fucked here, dude!!!!

#1030 8 years ago

Yeah, it's a good lesson to learn. I'd argue that the communication was great at first, but then Phil left and everything kinda went downhill.

I'm still looking forward to the game, just frustrated that I still don't really know what the gameplay will be like when it was meant to have been delivered 6+ months ago. I understand that making pinball is hard, but even those in on Rob Zombie have seen more gameplay than we have!

#1031 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Amazing how you guys forget how much HAS been shown compared to other pre-orders. Remember the amazing prototype!? How about the production samples!? How about the great art and toys? How about Bride of Pinbot - shipped and working great, with multiple code updates (there was a new one last week).
Nothing is fucked here, dude!!!!

I don't think anything is fucked here, but I think it's fair to be frustrated at this point. We've known what the game looks like since September 2014 - 16 months ago now. We still don't really know anything about the rules/gameplay/theme integration etc, despite the fact that it was meant to ship Q2 last year. I don't mind the delays, it's just the lack of updates that's frustrating.

Edit: To be fair, I think I'm disappointed due to a number of recent posts talking about a NSNL coming soon. I kinda expected one today based on those posts, and that's my fault, not Dutch Pinball's.

#1032 8 years ago

Eight year-olds Dude.

#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Edit: To be fair, I think I'm disappointed due to a number of recent posts talking about a NSNL coming soon. I kinda expected one today based on those posts, and that's my fault, not Dutch Pinball's.

All I heard was "soon", what that means is obviously subjective..............

I have to go to the bathroom soon(About 5 minutes)

I will get out of work soon(About 7 hours)

The Superbowl is happening soon(About 9 days)

It is soon going to be spring time.(About a month and half)

Stern is going to update code on Avengers soon(2 years)

I'm as bummed and frustrated as everyone, would love some solid updates but bitching about it on here doesn't make it happen any faster. Hope everyone has a good weekend, drink some drinks and play some pinball.

#1034 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

All I heard was "soon", what that means is obviously subjective..............
I have to go to the bathroom soon(About 5 minutes)
I will get out of work soon(About 7 hours)
The Superbowl is happening soon(About 9 days)
It is soon going to be spring time.(About a month and half)
Stern is going to update code on Avengers soon(2 years)
I'm as bummed and frustrated as everyone, would love some solid updates but bitching about it on here doesn't make it happen any faster. Hope everyone has a good weekend, drink some drinks and play some pinball.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't meaning to criticise those who posted about an incoming NSNL - I just wanted to acknowledge that perhaps my disappointment was slightly unjustified. It's always good to hear that something may be coming soon!

#1035 8 years ago

I talked to Melissa yesterday and she is 100% confident that things are moving forward with TBL, we should have an update soon (new information is coming to light)

#1036 8 years ago

Have heard sometimes them having communication delays with NSNL is that Universal has to approve aspects of those official communications as well and they aren't nearly in as big a hurry as we are. What I've heard anyway, second or third hand FWIW.

Anyways, do hope some positive news kicks loose soon like everyone else. Much longer and I may be out of pinball as a hobby before it gets here.

#1037 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Have heard sometimes them having communication delays with NSNL is that Universal has to approve aspects of those official communications as well and they aren't nearly in as big a hurry as we are. What I've heard anyway, second or third hand FWIW.
Anyways, do hope some positive news kicks loose soon like everyone else. Much longer and I may be out of pinball as a hobby before it gets here.

You nailed it. Licensing ain't easy.

#1038 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You nailed it. Licensing ain't easy.

was hoping I heard it wrong. You'd think they would have some leeway at this point if the games are <60 days from shipping. I mean, once the games are out there, there will be YouTube videos (heck, there already is).

#1039 8 years ago

Games can and will only ship with approved code so YouTube will be no issue of course. Videos like I made at dpo are also of approved code

Licensing ain't easy, but not impossible

And yes, unexpected delay is always frustrating for us waiters and reason for wild unfounded speculations

DP will get there as always, no worries

#1040 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And yes, unexpected delay is always frustrating for us waiters and reason for wild unfounded speculations

Can I get some fries while I am waiting

#1041 8 years ago

check your mail gentlemen...

#1042 8 years ago

Woohoo!

#59 rolling off the line in early May! Book it.

Now to just make those airline reservations to the Netherlands for the 2/12 factory tour!

#1043 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

check your mail gentlemen...

Looking forward to hearing the latest news when you guys get around to sharing it here. No hurry.

#1044 8 years ago

It's a production line update (with a very tentative productio schedule), and invitation to see the factory on the 12th. Videos of test setups (haven't had time to watch yet)

Not a lot else, was hoping for a software update. I guess at this point it looks like software will be a surprise

#1045 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

It's a production line update (with a very tentative productio schedule), and invitation to see the factory on the 12th. Videos of test setups (haven't had time to watch yet)
Not a lot else, was hoping for a software update. I guess at this point it looks like software will be a surprise

I'm sure we'll see software around the 12th

#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm sure we'll see software around the 12th

True. Charge your cameras if you're going !

#1047 8 years ago

It's like Lenin said...
I am the walrus?
STFU Donny.

#1048 8 years ago

Happy for all of you !

#1049 8 years ago

Ooooh, it's getting close. I'm also happy for all you guys on the pre-order!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
15,000 (OBO)
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.