(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,279 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Scotty_K
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 306.
#10301 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

And how much did you put down?

I don't get your fascination when you reviewed the game and scored it a grand total of 1/10!

What's your agenda?

#10302 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here are just a few..

Well done. I had forgotten RTR had put that list together. Thanks for finding it.

#10303 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

And how much did you put down?

$8,500

I'm #59. Or was supposed to be anyway.

#10304 4 years ago

$9500 #187

#10305 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Incorrect. You are conflating different things. Deeproot offered a settlement offer to people who had money in with zidware... with offers ranging from discounts on future games, to multiple full games... depending on how much money you had in the pot. As part of the conditions, a cash refund was available if deeproot did not perform on the prearranged timetable. Deeproot missed that date (June of this year) and offered those in the offer to either extend the timetable, or exercise their refund right. Several have taken their refund right, and have been paid.
For Dutch... there is Phil-gate... where Phil who was part of Dutch pinball US, blew up the place when trying to out Dutch pinball as a fraud. He had access to their PayPal account where many buyers had paid their money through, and enmass, without prompt, started issuing refunds to previous buyers. Those any the only unsolicited refunds out there.

There is. The EAs have their own discussion thread and organized material. It’s just not circulated publically because as one might expect, there is sensitivity in the matter.

I’m not sure why you continue to parade your ignorance of the state of affairs as justification to challenge others?

Ok, agree with most of everything except read the post. People got refunds, even if not asking for it.

Sounds like this thread should be shut down then if there is a private EA thread which hopefully they can bound together whoever is still owed and get a game plan

#10306 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Sounds like this thread should be shut down then if there is a private EA thread which hopefully they can bound together whoever is still owed and get a game plan

But where would all the wild speculators be able to vent their feelings on the topic?

#10307 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, agree with most of everything except read the post. People got refunds, even if not asking for it.

5A15337D-CD67-433E-9AC3-A7E905B26F3D (resized).jpeg5A15337D-CD67-433E-9AC3-A7E905B26F3D (resized).jpeg
#10308 4 years ago

You’re not an EA either without a machine. So what exactly is your complaint still? Maybe you should gift your TBL to an EA who didn’t get one. I’m sure they would be playing it instead of posting here

#10309 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You’re not an EA either without a machine. So what exactly is your complaint still? Maybe you should gift your TBL to an EA who didn’t get one. I’m sure they would be playing it instead of posting here

Technically it’s not a complaint it’s more of an observation.. You have no idea what your talking about when it comes to the history of this project! You come strutting into this thread stepping on everyone’s dicks like Godzilla stomping thru Tokyo and demanding proof from EA’s of what they are owed. To top it all off you are bragging/rubbing it in EA’s faces that you are getting a machine... you sound like a really great guy!
0A29BA27-66C4-444C-80FF-FC0752AFD5CE (resized).jpeg0A29BA27-66C4-444C-80FF-FC0752AFD5CE (resized).jpegC335A757-E14D-4801-B227-6875512F0F99 (resized).jpegC335A757-E14D-4801-B227-6875512F0F99 (resized).jpeg

#10310 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You are posting here...and shouldn't be. Moderator, permanent ejection time please! This is reminding me of Sid in Toy Story, coming on the preorder thread to taunt. I just don't get people sometimes.

sid toy story (resized).jpgsid toy story (resized).jpg
#10311 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

You are posting here...and shouldn't be. Moderator, permanent ejection time please! This is reminding me of Sid in Toy Story, coming on the preorder thread to taunt. I just don't get people sometimes.[quoted image]

Just do what I’ve done. Ignore & block all of the unethical and cruel people who have stolen the EA games. Never talk to them again. Never help them. Never do business with them. Shame and shun them like they deserve. They won’t care, as “getting theirs” was more important to them...but your life will be richer for it.

#10312 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just do what I’ve done. Ignore & block all of the unethical and cruel people who have stolen the EA games. Never talk to them again. Never help them. Never do business with them. Shame and shun them like they deserve. They won’t care, as “getting theirs” was more important to them...but your life will be richer for it.

Omg give it a fucking rest, didn’t you already get a moderation spanking for this broken record rant? You’ll never realize it but you’re crucifying the wrong people. DP (and possibly ARA) are the people to be mad at. Not people getting machines delivered right now.

Serious question though — IF (big if) EAs get machines somehow next year, or in 3 years — are you still going to keep those people who bought the EA machines on ignore cause they are scumbags? Or can they be given a pass at that point? If No one bought one of those games from cointaker — what would have happened? They just would continue to rot in a factory. Not exactly ideal either.. there was no way they were going to EAs. Period. But carry on with your judgements.

Technically it’s not a complaint it’s more of an observation.. You have no idea what your talking about when it comes to the history of this project! You come strutting into this thread stepping on everyone’s dicks like Godzilla stomping thru Tokyo and demanding proof from EA’s of what they are owed. To top it all off you are bragging/rubbing it in EA’s faces that you are getting a machine... you sound like a really great guy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes — wolffmaaaan certainly appears to enjoy pushing people’s buttons more than contributing positive content to the threads. Unfortunate.

#10313 4 years ago

So pretty much everyone in here with the exception of Tuna isn't owed any money.

And everyone who doesn’t have a stake here is offering no solutions or good advice for that matter.

Well, good luck Tuna, hope you figure out how to get back your dough. But I wouldn’t listen to these guys in here as I’ve seen nothing they’ve presented that’s gonna help you out

#10314 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m curious though, why aren’t you playing your TBL? I would be nowhere around here if that were the case

#10315 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’m curious though, why aren’t you playing your TBL? I would be nowhere around here if that were the case

Please go..

#10316 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Whatever. Ejection coming up!

#10317 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Please go back to the cave you came from. Thank You.
You are very annoying and add absolutely nothing to this thread.

#10318 4 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

In the unlikely event, those boxes of parts somehow miraculously turn into a machine, who says the machine will ever see its way into the hands of the EAs?
I’m sure the machine will simply be resold for the full amount and DP will use the excuse that they need to payoff these new “investors.”

^^^This. Look if Barry has parts for 200 pins, he should assemble them and offer them to EA’s at $3k (difference in what they paid and new price $12.5k). There are 190 EA’s and same number of potential games. The big issue was always the license and with it reported renewed for another 15 months, this situation has new legs.

DP could plan to use $1.5k of labor to build a game, $1k in transportation, warehousing, taxes and more parts and $500 for unknowns. This small amount of funds potentially would allow DP to pay for getting this done. That means multiple people building games. Of course, it assumes building pinballs is easy and that Barry knows what he’s doing. I’ll check back next Summer to see how things progressed and count the number of satisfied EA’s.

#10319 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

DP could plan to use $1.5k of labor to build a game, $1k in transportation, warehousing, taxes and more parts and $500 for unknowns. This small amount of funds potentially would allow DP to pay for getting this done. Of course, it assumes building pinballs is easy and that Barry knows what he’s doing. I’ll check back next Summer to see how things progressed and count the number of satisfied EA’s.

Lock the remaining DP employee in the warehouse, give him a piss bucket, and give him food when he gives out boxed, complete, working pins. There's no labor to pay, it's free real estate. No holidays.

#10320 4 years ago

^^^This. Look if Barry has parts for 200 pins, he should assemble them and offer them to EA’s at $3k (difference in what they paid and new price $12.5k). There are 190 EA’s and same number of potential games. The big issue was always the license and with it reported renewed for another 15 months, this situation has new legs.

DP could plan to use $1.5k of labor to build a game, $1k in transportation, warehousing, taxes and more parts and $500 for unknowns. This small amount of funds potentially would allow DP to pay for getting this done. That means multiple people building games. Of course, it assumes building pinballs is easy and that Barry knows what he’s doing. I’ll check back next Summer to see how things progressed and count the number of satisfied EA’s.

That’s never going to happen.

#10321 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Please go back to the cave you came from. Thank You.
You are very annoying and add absolutely nothing to this thread.

Hes a proven troll. Look at the Deeproot thread for further proof. Mods should do something about this joker.

#10322 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hes a proven troll. Look at the Deeproot thread for further proof. Mods should do something about this joker.

They already did. He was cut from the practice squad.

#10323 4 years ago

Bye bye Wolfie..!
Time to woof somewhere else !

For the count I'm EA #26 / Paris-FR

#10324 4 years ago

Did anyone see the Big Lebowski game go up for sale for 45k? Person just signed up today ... can someone say Kaneda?

So he's gone from 100,000 plus $19.95 shipping to 80 something thousands now we're looking at 45k.

This brings up an interesting discussion... what do you think its worth? What would someone actually pay? $20k? 25K? More less what?

I don't think ANYONE is going to pay $45k that just isn't going to happen. I have the game and if someone wants to pay me $40k SOLD! LOL

How much do you realistically think someone would pay?

#10325 4 years ago

Seems 40 people thought it was worth 12,500.....

Quoted from drfrightner:

Did anyone see the Big Lebowski game go up for sale for 45k? Person just signed up today ... can someone say Kaneda?
So he's gone from 100,000 plus $19.95 shipping to 80 something thousands now we're looking at 45k.
This brings up an interesting discussion... what do you think its worth? What would someone actually pay? $20k? 25K? More less what?
I don't think ANYONE is going to pay $45k that just isn't going to happen. I have the game and if someone wants to pay me $40k SOLD! LOL

#10326 4 years ago

Max of $20k-25k because anyone who wanted to throw away more than that on a TBL already owns it and if they're serious buying a TBL they know this person paid $12.5k very recently. NIB is a bit risky too, you have no idea if there's damage inside or if it works, and good luck getting parts, like a board or custom plastic? I guess ads like that are fishing for a millionaire...

#10327 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Seems 40 people thought it was worth 12,500.....

Including a couple of people who have proven themselves to be complete morons, so there is that.

#10328 4 years ago

It’s one of those games that you don’t really want to get rid of, hence the high pprice. If I ever do sell it, it’s going to be for a price that doesn’t make me regret it. It’s about the film itself as much as it’s about the novelty and quality of the machine. I’d wager I’m one of the biggest dude fans out there, owning everything from signed balls to pins to the BL rug to (of course) a good Westerly so we’ll see what happens. I very well might pull it down soon.

#10329 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

I’d wager I’m one of the biggest dude fans out there,

I'd wager you're one of the biggest sell outs.

QSS

#10330 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

According to the ad it is from Denmark, which makes it a one of one edition from when Dutch Pinball was in Denmark and not the Netherlands.

If you are going to put up a premium ad going for a skim price, don’t bone up the basic facts. As Walter would say, “Bleeping Amateurs!” Geography ain’t that hard.

#10331 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

It’s one of those games that you don’t really want to get rid of, hence the high pprice. If I ever do sell it, it’s going to be for a price that doesn’t make me regret it. It’s about the film itself as much as it’s about the novelty and quality of the machine. I’d wager I’m one of the biggest dude fans out there, owning everything from signed balls to pins to the BL rug to (of course) a good Westerly so we’ll see what happens. I very well might pull it down soon.

GTFO with that.
You just got it, haven't even taken it out of the box and you listed immediately for sale at 45k.
Have you even ever played one of these?

#10332 4 years ago
Quoted from joeagnew86:

... I’d wager I’m one of the biggest dude fans out there ...

BULL$HIT

You don't deserve a TBL.

#10333 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

NIB is a bit risky too, you have no idea if there's damage inside or if it works, and good luck getting parts, like a board or custom plastic? I guess ads like that are fishing for a millionaire..</blockquote

On the flip side if you found some un-opened baseball card packs and you knew the possibility was there to get a super rare rookie card, you wouldn't open the pack. If someone isn't sure they want the game they shouldn't take it out of the box. Just a thought.

According to the ad it is from Denmark, which makes it a one of one edition from when Dutch Pinball was in Denmark and not the Netherlands.

The persons state says Texas. Brand new account just opened today. It could be anyone. In Kaneda case he doesn't have an account so he would need someone to list it for him. I'm assuming its him because of the absurd price, but it at least appears to be a fishing price, see what bites.

Personally I think people will pay 25k if they really want it . At the same time if they make 50 more which I was told is possible, then the price is 12,500 and thats it. Who knows.

#10334 4 years ago

NIB No.007 sold recently for 24/25k right? That was top dollar before the 40 released. Plus that was a true EA machine. I think these nihilist machines will have to go for less. Un-plaqued they're just aren't worth as much given the history and shitty situation. I'm hoping for more made at 12.5k. I shouldn't have hope in DP but I guess I still do.

#10335 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

NIB No.007 sold recently for 24/25k right? That was top dollar before the 40 released. Plus that was a true EA machine. I think these nihilist machines will have to go for less. Un-plaqued they're just aren't worth as much given the history and shitty situation. I'm hoping for more made at 12.5k. I shouldn't have hope in DP but I guess I still do.

Doesn’t matter about the history.. EA games have no difference- only the plaque. games have chrome trim and a rug..

Hopefully EAs will get something better down the line

#10336 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

NIB maybe $20k?

#10337 4 years ago

I am way more interested in hearing about gameplay, strategies and overall impression of the game vs cost of the game and speculators.

#10338 4 years ago

I am way more interested in hearing about gameplay, strategies and overall impression of the game vs cost of the game and speculators.

Feel free to watch my stream this weekend @DeathSaveArcade for this info and gameplay.

#10339 4 years ago

I would probably pay around $15k max NIB.

#10340 4 years ago

Has the second batch been delivered to it's new owners? Kind of an eery silence... I though they were supposed to be delivered late last week or early this week?

#10341 4 years ago

They were held up in customs. Should be delivered next week.

#10342 4 years ago

Somewhere in this thread (before the price debate) someone mentioned DP used WMS type flipper mechs but did not use EOS switches? I played one of these and noticed on a VUK shot to the flipper it would fall. Is there a setting or adjustment to Hold the flipper? Also whats up with the flipper lock up feature and can that be disabled?

#10343 4 years ago

The P3ROC and P-ROC have a software control of the flipper so an EOS is not needed. Provided the power supply has enough power (amps), the hold coil on the flippers should engage just fine. Hard to say what was happening with the game you played.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Somewhere in this thread (before the price debate) someone mentioned DP used WMS type flipper mechs but did not use EOS switches? I played one of these and noticed on a VUK shot to the flipper it would fall. Is there a setting or adjustment to Hold the flipper? Also whats up with the flipper lock up feature and can that be disabled?

#10344 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems like an issue with that game. Mine doesn’t suffer from those issues previously mentioned.

#10345 4 years ago

I'll pay $12.5k to $14k for fully working TBL. It is worth much less, but I am old and crazy and willing to pursue this dream theme to an extent. My plan is to fully enjoy and hold onto this piece of Americana and even to be cremated with it, having the ashes spread across the Pacific.

I won't be buying any TBL assembled by DP in the future, even at $14k level, as that game would be made from EA's parts and the finished games should be getting shipped to EA's.

#10346 4 years ago

I won't be buying any TBL assembled by DP in the future, even at $14k level, as that game would be made from EA's parts and the finished games should be getting shipped to EA's.

As apposed to the parts these games are built of? These games are worse.. not only were these games made for
EA’s.. from parts paid for by EAs there are now holes where an EA Plaque should be!

#10347 4 years ago

You're looking for the owners club then! This is the preorder club.

#10348 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Doesn’t matter about the history.. EA games have no difference- only the plaque. games have chrome trim and a rug..
Hopefully EAs will get something better down the line

The history would matter to me. At these potential dollar amoutns and rarity, we're talking more of an art /collectible sale than a pinball machine. Provenance is important. I'd certainly pay more for an EA machine because the history is cleaner.

#10349 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Bad mojo surrounds this pin. Just like Alien and the one single Predator out there. Of course there’s the rest of the universe that doesn’t care I guess.
Edit: pin is great! Situation=mojo.

#10350 4 years ago

I've been thinking about this a lot in lieu of current events.
Now that ARA is supposedly made whole, Dutch Pinball is reportedly in possession with all these parts (supposedly enough to build a couple hundred machines).
It seems the biggest equation so solve here would be how to make the EA whole in a way that makes economic sense.
If they don't have the funds to start manufacturing these again, what about other alternatives?

Maybe I'm way off base as I haven't put that much thought into the logistics, but what if they shipped the EAs all the parts in the cabinet to build their machine as a kit?
Sure, it would be a lot of work on the EAs part, but seems like it would be worth it.
If you paid $8500 up front, the last 40 games sold out at $12,500 so there is economic as well as the emotional incentive to do it.
They could ship a cabinet with everything included to put the game together at home.
It might take you a few weeks to a few months or longer depending on your skillset, but at least they would get something.
Or if there is a good pinball tech in your area, I'm sure they would put it together for you for around the cost of a restore or full tear down shop job.

With really good instructions you would only need a basic knowledge of tool and soldering.
I know its not the ideal situation, but I was running scenarios though my head and thought of this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/207?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.