(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,259 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240124_181831_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20240123_045035517.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 306.
#10101 4 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Coming on here and boasting of prompt delivery after years of waiting and seeing these games effectively being sold twice is in extremely poor taste.

How is this possibly described as boasting? He simply posted updated info that he possibly has (I know nothing of his source). But in no way was this boastful. I understand the sore feeling in this thread, but someone just posting updates is just that.

#10102 4 years ago

so I'm really late to the party on this one. Last I was reading these were up for sale again. I wouldn't touch these with a 10ft pole UNLESS I was flipping them for profit (which I wouldn't do either - believe me I could, knew about this in time but wanted nothing to do with this dumpster fire). That being said, I'm hoping the EAs were contacted first and allowed to get first dibs to buy in at 12.5k. If not that would be really dick.

It would be super easy to do this too so I wouldn't buy the how would that be possible crap if it didn't happen. We're not talking about a ton of these games and they sat around for 3 years - they can sit for another 3 weeks while EAs are given a shot.

The EA would have 2 days to respond and then move on so the process isn't completely bottlenecked but at least they would have a chance to get it.

Hopefully this happened in some fashion.

#10103 4 years ago

No it didn’t happen. I wasn’t going to flip it and am not going to have a 20k pinball in my game room. I just want my EA one someday.

#10104 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That being said, I'm hoping the EAs were contacted first and allowed to get first dibs to buy in at 12.5k. If not that would be really dick.

This didn’t happen. I posted similar thoughts re how the process should have been handled earlier in the thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/195#post-5130330

Not everyone agreed but I still think this would have been the best way forwards.

#10105 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

This didn’t happen. I posted similar thoughts re how the process should have been handled earlier in the thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/195#post-5130330
Not everyone agreed but I still think this would have been the best way forwards.

damn. that's really a D move. Sorry to hear. Could have been done so easily too. BS

#10106 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn. that's really a D move. Sorry to hear. Could have been done so easily too. BS

Wasn’t the situation with Alien similar? I’m curious how that didn’t bother you? People getting in after preorders lost money. In this situation, only 40 more EAs could have gotten games, for $21k. Who would pay that? I agree they should have been offered a chance. Maybe a few would have taken it, but the better bet is that DP becomes solvent, gets their shit together, and becomes a successful company, delivering all remaining 140 EA games for the original price. The economics don’t work without an investor, but they may have one or several. The product is so well made, I hope they can pull it off.

#10107 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Wasn’t the situation with Alien similar? I’m curious how that didn’t bother you? People getting in after preorders lost money. In this situation, only 40 more EAs could have gotten games, for $21k. Who would pay that? Maybe a few, but the better bet is that DP becomes solvent, gets their shit together, and becomes a successful company, delivering all remaining 140 EA games for the original price. The economics don’t work without an investor, but they may have one or several. The product is so well made, I hope they can pull it off.

Definitely not the same. Not even close! There were only 40 TBL and they sold out in seconds. There were many more aliens and were up for sale publicly (CT website) for months. Using me as an example I was able to buy an alien in late September and it shipped in late October so the opp was there for all original alien investors. They decided not to buy.

With TBL, the game was never made available publicly and sold out. If you were in the know or on pinside you had a chance otherwise not. I would have suggested providing those EAs the option privately then moved on.

Sorry but not the same. EA alien folks could have bought for months.

#10108 4 years ago

Oh, I thought there was more carnage with Alien. That is a great machine, hope it gets remade with another cabinet someday! I've heard there are investors behind DP, but secondhand information is not from the source. I hope they can pull it off and the EAs get the machines they deserve.

#10109 4 years ago

Interesting triple witching moment occurring with TBL

1) TBL games reselling between $20k and $25k reflect the market.

2) sudden availability of 40 games (90 games made) that subsequently traded for $12.5k.

3) Dutch Pinball is flat broke and busted, yet there are multiple rumors about TBL being remade with new boards at $12.5k.

This has me thinking that once the hostage games are delivered and some hit the market, prices might hover between $12.5k to $15k, rather than returning to previous highs. Time will tell but those thinking it is a slam dunk that new buyers will be flipping these games for big bucks will be surprised.

#10110 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Horrible liars who have stolen money from customers & sold their games from under them to unethical vultures...you think these are people who worry about "peace of mind"? C'mon. We're talking about criminals, here.

Can I ask why this is modded for an eject when about 80 percent true ? Which mod? Where is mod from? Cheers

#10111 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Can I ask why this is modded for an eject when about 80 percent true ? Which mod? Where us mod from? Cheers

My guess is he has said basically the same thing over and over again and it falls into the "broken record" category. And has already been warned. Perhaps more than once. I also sort of remember him mentioning that he did get all his money back.

#10112 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My guess is he has said basically the same thing over and over again and it falls into the "broken record" category. And has already been warned. Perhaps more than once.

By that reasoning about 50% of the people on here should have dissapeared

#10113 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

By that reasoning about 50% of the people on here should have dissapeared

To be fair, before they take serious action, usually the moderators give you plenty of good warning. The more warnings you get, the less leeway they give you.

It must be a thankless job.

#10114 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To be fair, before they take serious action, usually the moderators give you plenty of good warning. The more warnings you get, the less leeway they give you.
It must be a thankless job.

Its who they are giving the warning too and who they are not that makes me pause, however I do understand your explanation.

#10115 4 years ago

I took me a while to understand how it really works. And how not to pull their trigger or get bent about it myself. I have read enough to totally see why it happened to the post you mentioned.

#10116 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Can I ask why this is modded for an eject when about 80 percent true ? Which mod? Where is mod from? Cheers

Probably calling Pinsiders unethical vultures does not help.

#10117 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Definitely not the same. Not even close! There were only 40 TBL and they sold out in seconds. There were many more aliens and were up for sale publicly (CT website) for months. Using me as an example I was able to buy an alien in late September and it shipped in late October so the opp was there for all original alien investors. They decided not to buy.
With TBL, the game was never made available publicly and sold out. If you were in the know or on pinside you had a chance otherwise not. I would have suggested providing those EAs the option privately then moved on.
Sorry but not the same. EA alien folks could have bought for months.

But your argument was they weren't given the opportunity... not that it was 'needed' to secure the games. The 40 games didn't sell out in seconds either.

Nor is your history on Alien correct either. CT were not the ones selling the post-HWP implosion Aliens. Wayne bought up the assembled games, and sold them on first come, first served basis.. pretty much like what happened here.. except Wayne did it on speculation... In the case of TBL CT was more like a distributor here making the 3 way transaction possible.

The only difference is the TBL games were spoken for quickly (less than 48hrs) while the Alien games took longer for Wayne to sell. In both cases... the open market, not those who are owed credit from DP or CT were given exclusive front of the line access.

#10118 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Then create a thread here...
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 3.03.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-14 at 3.03.16 PM (resized).png

#10119 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But your argument was they weren't given the opportunity... not that it was 'needed' to secure the games. The 40 games didn't sell out in seconds either.
Nor is your history on Alien correct either. CT were not the ones selling the post-HWP implosion Aliens. Wayne bought up the assembled games, and sold them on first come, first served basis.. pretty much like what happened here.. except Wayne did it on speculation... In the case of TBL CT was more like a distributor here making the 3 way transaction possible.
The only difference is the TBL games were spoken for quickly (less than 48hrs) while the Alien games took longer for Wayne to sell. In both cases... the open market, not those who are owed credit from DP or CT were given exclusive front of the line access.

Not sure I understand your point. My point is that Alien "investors" were able buy an Alien eventually. There was PLENTY of time. TBLs sold out overnight essentially, or at the very least were not available publicly like Aliens were so EAs didn't have a reasonable opp which I think is BS. These guys should of had a reasonable time (2-3 days), like alien investors did (which was 2-3 months!) to decide and they could buy or pass. It's that simple.

#10120 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure I understand your point. My point is that Alien "investors" were able buy an Alien eventually. There was PLENTY of time. TBLs sold out overnight essentially, or at the very least were not available like Aliens were so EAs didn't have a reasonable opp which I think is BS. These guys should of had a reasonable time, like alien investors did to decide and they could buy or pass. That simple.

My point is all your facts cited to support your case were wrong. But you are free to still have that opinion that EAs should have been given first dibs... many people felt the same.. and many people voiced it here in the thread. like 2 weeks ago...

#10121 4 years ago

All old news people, please read previous posts - needless posting again.

#10122 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

My point is all your facts cited to support your case were wrong. But you are free to still have that opinion that EAs should have been given first dibs... many people felt the same.. and many people voiced it here in the thread. like 2 weeks ago...

flynnibus - I'll keep this short b/c I don't want to drag this out but I'll just assume you didn't mean to come off like a pompous ass.

Thanks but I don't need to be told I'm "free" to do anything. I went through the Alien thing first hand and purchased one of the first production games so I can tell you how that went down. Regarding TBL, I had the same inside info as others did to buy one so I know first hand how fast they went and how I intentionally didn't buy one even though I could have easily.

Carry on.

#10123 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

flynnibus - I'll keep this short b/c I don't want to drag this out but I'll just assume you didn't mean to come off like a pompous ass.
Thanks but I don't need to be told I'm "free" to do anything. I went through the Alien thing first hand and purchased one of the first production games so I can tell you how that went down. Regarding TBL, I had the same inside info as others did to buy one so I know first hand how fast they went and how I intentionally didn't buy one even though I could have easily.
Carry on.

I think the question there is "Where you as an EA informed prior than the rest of us about that new deal to buy a TBL and given a bit of time to take or pass before the deal went public" ?

#10124 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This was my understanding as well. Seems similar in many ways, just more time and opportunity for early Alien supporters to pay for the same game twice. It would be interesting to know how many people did that, and how many would have done the same with TBL. If I were an EA, I might have considered it, gambling that if I ever got the game I paid for, I could sell it. But $21k is insane for a pinball machine. I’m guessing DP/CT/ARA just wanted the deal to happen quickly and were concerned about any obstacles that might keep it from going through. The rationalization for DP may be that they will become successful and deliver all games. Reading this thread is difficult. I hope the EAs get their games.

#10125 4 years ago

watching tracking updates is cool... the games left the Netherlands pretty quickly!

In just a few days there will be new unboxings... and the next phase begins.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10126 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

watching tracking updates is cool... the games left the Netherlands pretty quickly!

These are being air shipped and don’t think there is an app for tracking things through customs, so not much to track here until they show up. But a three days once they actually ship is probably be a good estimate.

#10127 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

2-the-big-lebowski-quotes.gif2-the-big-lebowski-quotes.gif
#10128 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

If I were an EA, I might have considered it, gambling that if I ever got the game I paid for, I could sell it. But $21k is insane for a pinball machine.

I think the choice was to be out $8500 and go through all this with nothing to show for it or to spend 12.5k and get a great game to enjoy and perhaps recoup some of your losses later.

That seems very different than just spending 21k for a new game.

Edit: If given the opportunity, this would have been the EA's choice.

#10129 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

These are being air shipped and don’t think there is an app for tracking things through customs, so not much to track here until they show up. But a three days once they actually ship is probably be a good estimate.

Other thread people have tracking. Tuesday to Thursday of next week are what people are posting.

#10130 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think the choice was to be out $8500 and go through all this with nothing to show for it or to spend 12.5k and get a great game to enjoy and perhaps recoup some of your losses later.
That seems very different than just spending 21k for a new game.

Yeah, I agree.

#10131 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Yeah, I agree.

EA’s were NOT offered the games first.

Those with $1000 deposits at CT had first refusal.

As a EA I a little pissed that we were not offered the games first.
But I understand why Barry has done it.

I do hope that DP make EA’s whole again

#10132 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I agree EAs should have been offered the first opportunity.

#10133 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Then create a thread here...
[quoted image]

Because the original, relevant question, never gets answered publicly. And if you make it public, you get banned lol.

#10134 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Because the original, relevant question, never gets answered publicly. And if you make it public, you get banned lol.

Dems da rules we signed up for

#10135 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dems da rules we signed up for

And if you look at the bottom of said post it does say exactly why it happened.

#10136 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Did you see the game is now essentially 100k.
ebay.com link » The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine
The person who put up this ad is an animal! What is the highest price ever sold for a pinball does anyone know?

Anyone get the reference in the price of the machine? Jenny jenny........

#10137 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I think the question there is "Where you as an EA informed prior than the rest of us about that new deal to buy a TBL and given a bit of time to take or pass before the deal went public" ?

I'm an EA and was not either. At all.

FWIW, I also take offense with those, like Kaneda, who contend that EA's had an equal opportunity to buy these. I know for a fact that some buyers were offered the opportunity to purchase by virtue of their prior (non-TBL) connections with CT only.

#10138 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm an EA and was not either. At all.
FWIW, I also take offense with those, like Kaneda, who contend that EA's had an equal opportunity to buy these. I know for a fact that some buyers were offered the opportunity to purchase by virtue of their prior (non-TBL) connections with CT only.

You should be offended for sure. The current epilogue to that whole shit show is incredibly disappointing, so I’m sure I dont get the third of how you must feel seeing these games going to someone else.

#10139 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Did you pay full ? Please dont tell me you really considered giving DP anymore of your money?

It’s unbelievable that this ponzi-esque scheme is allowed to continue.

#10140 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I also take offense with those, like Kaneda, who contend that EA's had an equal opportunity to buy these.

Agreed. The point is that EAs should NOT have had an equal opportunity to buy these games, they should have had an advantage! All water under the bridge now though, sadly...

#10141 4 years ago

Kaneda is posting pics of an unboxing in New Jersey today. No EA plaque was there, Rug was included.

#10142 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Kaneda is posting pics of an unboxing in New Jersey today. No EA plaque was there, Rug was included.

How’s he going to get $30k if he unboxes it?

#10143 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/2#post-5150935 for similar info from yesterday

#10144 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How’s he going to get $30k if he unboxes it?

Not his

#10145 4 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Did you pay full ? Please dont tell me you really considered giving DP anymore of your money?
It’s unbelievable that this ponzi-esque scheme is allowed to continue.

Yes, paid in full- and would buy another to
1.) get a TBL
2.) to put €€€ back into get DP started back up again so that I may get my TBL#105

#10146 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

1.) get a TBL
2.) to put €€€ back into get DP started back up again so that I may get my TBL#105

I would personally add:
3) To give myself a chance of not losing $8.5k if DP go bust because the game I'd pay $12.5k for could easily be worth my total cost of $21k if they do... in which case I'd break even.

#10147 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

There is absolutely no chance of that.

As I said Dave you guys should have got lawyers onto DP. The only asset or link to an asset they had was this one. The only liability they now have is to EAs and they are scattered all over the world. When the transaction happened between CT<->DP<->ARA there was a perfect opportunity to snatch these with an injunction. DP are trading insolvently and everybody is letting them get away with it. Part of me wishes I was in on this because I absolutely would have nailed these stealing bastards to the wall, still might not have got my game but it would be better than this situation.

I hope this comes good and I feel for those watching their games be unboxed by other owners. In reality the same thing happened with Alien with Heighway selling games to new customers before serving ones that had paid up. Hope everyone has learned on this.

Neil.

#10148 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hope everyone has learned on this.

Agreed. I was lucky and got my game, but I’ll never get involved in a pre-order again.

Unless someone makes a Wayne’s World or Parks and Recreation machine. I’d probably roll the dice on those two out of pure stupidity. Fortunately unlikely to ever happen!

#10149 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

There is absolutely no chance of that.
As I said Dave you guys should have got lawyers onto DP. The only asset or link to an asset they had was this one. The only liability they now have is to EAs and they are scattered all over the world. When the transaction happened between CT&lt;-&gt;DP&lt;-&gt;ARA there was a perfect opportunity to snatch these with an injunction. DP are trading insolvently and everybody is letting them get away with it. Part of me wishes I was in on this because I absolutely would have nailed these stealing bastards to the wall, still might not have got my game but it would be better than this situation.
I hope this comes good and I feel for those watching their games be unboxed by other owners. In reality the same thing happened with Alien with Heighway selling games to new customers before serving ones that had paid up. Hope everyone has learned on this.
Neil.

What happened with Alien- people lost out-
Predator- people Lost out.

Spending another god knows how much on a lawyer to loose out..

If DP go bust now- ARA is mostly paid off- the parts will then belong to EA’s as next creditors for DP- might get a game in bits! Only option is this one..

If you know how Dutch law works Neil - then please give me a PM

#10150 4 years ago

If I was an EA I would welcome a conclusion where I get shipped a box of all the parts required to build my own game minus the cabinet. If that’s a viable path, it’s better than nothing, right? The most sickening thing here is these guys are never going to be made to actually account for this fraud and are seemingly masters of deception that have created a Stockholm syndrome type effect with the EAs where they are not taking action in spite of a pretty straightforward, arguable in court, fraud. Do other criminals get this insane benefit of the doubt? (Just keep hanging on, investors!! We SWEAR this will all work out in the end and we have a plan!! Look this obvious ponzi sale of your machines will actually HELP you...trust us!!). If it’s wasnt a niche hobby and a highly sought after item, would the reactions and tolerance be the same? If this was a dishwasher company and you prepaid for an amazing new state of the art dishwasher and then this bullshit happened, would the reaction (and inaction) be the same? How much of the EA lack of response is tied to emotional investment in this product?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/203?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.