(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 306.
#10051 4 years ago

Really? First the shipped games have to make it to PA (cointaker hq). Then they get shipped to customers. RIght?

Quoted from VividPsychosis:

That’s a cool story and all, except, as usual completely uninformed. My game and 19 others will ship today.

#10052 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Really? First the shipped games have to make it to PA (cointaker hq). Then they get shipped to customers. RIght?

Yes really, and no, they don’t.

#10053 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The story at the time was direct air freight. So likely directly to customers.. not to cointaker.

#10054 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The story at the time was direct air freight. So likely directly to customers.. not to cointaker.

Makes sense. The statement was that DP (not CT) would be inspecting them, and saves several hundred in shipping costs, plus added weeks of waiting, if they go straight to the customers.

#10055 4 years ago

Did you see the game is now essentially 100k.

ebay.com link: The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine

The person who put up this ad is an animal! What is the highest price ever sold for a pinball does anyone know?

#10056 4 years ago

It's k-man. He's trolling.

#10057 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

It's k-man. He's trolling.

Even if it is him, you have to admit its pretty funny. Keeps people talking about Big Lebowski. Who knows could turn into a national PR story... thats what he does right?

#10058 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

That’s a cool story and all, except, as usual completely uninformed. My game and 19 others will ship today.

It would be awesome if some Somali pirates hijacked your game.

#10059 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

It would be awesome if some Somali pirates hijacked your game.

*Not his game. Already been hijacked from rightful owner.

#10060 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

ebay.com link » The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine
The person who put up this ad is an animal! What is the highest price ever sold for a pinball does anyone know?

$19.99 shipping is a nice touvch...

#10061 4 years ago

I’m not a flipper but 100K
Every man has got to have his limitations

A5D36E7C-5539-4E7F-959C-63465071A92C (resized).pngA5D36E7C-5539-4E7F-959C-63465071A92C (resized).png
#10062 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

$19.99 shipping is a nice touvch...

You have to admit that is funny. This whole conversation has been so serious, that ebay listing makes things a lot more light hearted.

C'mon you have admit that is funny.

Heck if someone paid me 100k for Big Lebowski I would ship it FREE.

I'll go one further, I'll pay you back, $10k to ship.

Its funny no matter how you look at it.

#10063 4 years ago

Seriously though... what is the highest price a pinball game has ever sold for? Does anyone know?

#10064 4 years ago

I would think that someone, somewhere bought one of those red and white Supreme pinball games for retail. That would probably topped the list for most expensive.

#10065 4 years ago

When someone is flailing for attention.. and you all race to see what its about :/

#10066 4 years ago

Soooo, how were these games inspected? How detailed, were the plaques pulled off?? I'm betting not!

#10067 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Soooo, how were these games inspected? How detailed, were the plaques pulled off?? I'm betting not!

Wait 10 days and they will be able to tell you.

#10068 4 years ago

This thread reads ...

ARA was paid and they released the games.

Games were inspected and were being shipped.

Hint games might have import/export challenges.

Lots of Who has received their game yet posts.

Pic of games shown on a truck.

If CoinTaker hasn’t paid for the games, who has?

Games were taken to local warehouse.

Dutch holiday is on for three weeks.

The games were not inspected and remain on the truck, locally.

News the truck will be participating in Orleans parade with revelers standing atop throwing beads and flashing boobs. Exactly the kind of place the Dude would enjoy, but not the smartest place to be lugging $500k of inventory.

Panic at wtf could happen to those games before they return to warehouse and the holidays end.

40 games will subsequently be inspected for the first time.

Did CoinTaker pay for these games yet???

#10069 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Seriously though... what is the highest price a pinball game has ever sold for? Does anyone know?

Ugh. Calm down, there’s lots of people with more money than sense. I recall a few years ago in New England an original kingpin changed hands for 50-60k

#10070 4 years ago

This constant vacation is dispicable. How do people in the middle of something so damnjng and controversial find the peace of mind to take a god damn vacation...for three weeks!?! Unbelievable. This is the the second or third time some layer of this saga happen to fall on the ludicrous Dutch holiday season.

#10071 4 years ago

I remember that ARA held the games as they decided to renegotiate the cost of the game to Dutch pinball and wanted a $1000 or so more for each game to be released. Is this correct? Did Dutch pinball pay ARA partial release initially and did ARA raise the quoted cost of manufacturing?

#10072 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

How do people in the middle of something so damnjng and controversial find the peace of mind to take a god damn vacation...for three weeks!?!

Horrible liars who have stolen money from customers & sold their games from under them to unethical vultures...you think these are people who worry about "peace of mind"? C'mon. We're talking about criminals, here.

#10073 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

William Wiley Punball as far as I know. $125k

https://worthly.com/most-expensive/pinball-machine-punball/

#10074 4 years ago

$125k!!??

QSS

dumb and dumber (resized).jpgdumb and dumber (resized).jpg
#10075 4 years ago

Shows what happens when you get a real artist to do the job.

#10076 4 years ago

9 days they will be unboxed or on eBay for 100K

#10077 4 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

I remember that ARA held the games as they decided to renegotiate the cost of the game to Dutch pinball and wanted a $1000 or so more for each game to be released. Is this correct? Did Dutch pinball pay ARA partial release initially and did ARA raise the quoted cost of manufacturing?

Lol Scroll back about 50 or 60 pages... maybe a bit more?? They never released the games, this is the result of a lawsuit settlement

#10078 4 years ago

ARA is indeed on holiday but DP isnt. The first 20 pc’s are ready for shipment and yesterday evening Dutch time DP received the shipping Bills from CT. So shipment will be very soon.

And testing was 100%. All have been unboxed. Firmware upgrade is to be done by the owners however (was never promised by Barry) but the newest release will be out soon. Focus was on getting games out.

So dont believe everything said in this thread.

#10079 4 years ago

Which code is on the boxed machines? The code that was on machines released and boxed back then is likely not the most current. I don’t have dates in front of me but there was a Pretty sizable code release that included the car modes and other things that are likely not included in the code on these games that have been sitting in limbo. Is that code update still available??

#10080 4 years ago

Poster said last version was 0.48 so they should have this installed from the factory. Here is a link to the specifics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/194#post-5128700

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Which code is on the boxed machines? The code that was on machines released and boxed back then is likely not the most current. I don’t have dates in front of me but there was a Pretty sizable code release that included the car modes and other things that are likely not included in the code on these games that have been sitting in limbo. Is that code update still available??

#10081 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

ARA is indeed on holiday but DP isnt. The first 20 pc’s are ready for shipment and yesterday evening Dutch time DP received the shipping Bills from CT. So shipment will be very soon.
And testing was 100%. All have been unboxed. Firmware upgrade is to be done by the owners however (was never promised by Barry) but the newest release will be out soon. Focus was on getting games out.

So new owners of the games Barry flipped get EA plaques?

#10082 4 years ago

EA plaques are being removed.

#10083 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And testing was 100%. All have been unboxed.

Can you confirm whether the EA plaques were removed? And any word on what's going to be done with those?

#10084 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Can you confirm whether the EA plaques were removed? And any word on what's going to be done with those?

They're going to mail them to EAs framed with a picture of the new owner of their game enjoying the game they paid for.

#10085 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Ugh. Calm down, there’s lots of people with more money than sense. I recall a few years ago in New England an originals kingpin changed hands for 50-60k

Yes it did. And he sold his Gameplan Lochness

#10086 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

ARA is indeed on holiday but DP isnt.

DP has been on a multi-year holiday using other people's money.

#10087 4 years ago

The plaques have all been removed and stored for future use. Also the markings on the boxes have been removed.

#10088 4 years ago

Surreptitious photo just obtained of EA plaque storage.

If-a-recycle-bin-is-contaminated-it-means-the-entire-bin-might-be-thrown-into-landfill-rather-than-be-recycled.-Credit-NeONBRANDIf-a-recycle-bin-is-contaminated-it-means-the-entire-bin-might-be-thrown-into-landfill-rather-than-be-recycled.-Credit-NeONBRAND
#10089 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Surreptitious photo just obtained of EA plaque storage.[quoted image]

That's actually Kevin Kulek's house.

#10090 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

That's actually Kevin Kulek's house.

I thought his house had wheels?

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Surreptitious photo just obtained of EA plaque storage.[quoted image]

Ok thats some Funny ass sh?t right there lol. Thanks.

#10092 4 years ago

Is this still THE club to be a part of? Sorry, but I was gone for awhile....

#10093 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

ebay.com link » The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine

Its quite cheap actually, for the same price you can get a set of pokemon cards !

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/13/original-pokemon-card-set-sells-for-over-100000

#10094 4 years ago

I’d love to see these produced by a reputable manufacturer one day but it’s just isn’t ever going to happen.

#10095 4 years ago

(psst. ARA was a reputable contractor.)

#10096 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The plaques have all been removed and stored for future use. Also the markings on the boxes have been removed.

removing EA pinball plaques is hard

#10097 4 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

removing EA pinball plaques is hard

Seems to be easy money, it bought them penthouse parties, booze and semi-rockstar status in the pinball world by screwing the plaques on. Now they are removing them, repackaging them, and reselling again. That's easy money.

#10098 4 years ago

Wouldn’t it be easier to swap the aprons out ?

#10099 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Coming on here and boasting of prompt delivery after years of waiting and seeing these games effectively being sold twice is in extremely poor taste.

#10100 4 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Coming on here and boasting of prompt delivery after years of waiting and seeing these games effectively being sold twice is in extremely poor taste.

So, more delays would be good?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/202 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.