(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 306.
#51 9 years ago

IMHO, DP is awesome and they put too much great work, time, effort and money into this awesome machine to not make it a reality. My money is definitely on them making it out to the market. TBL looks straight up amazing! I'm pulling hard for them. Pinball needs companies like this to keep growing our beloved hobby. So continued good luck and success to DP going forward.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Is this the correct can? I don't feel like doing the research...

It is close, not 100%.. I would say close enough. The correct can has aroma roasted on the front, which is the one I got but I haven't seen any for sale since.

2355622140_cff2fbace8_o.jpg2355622140_cff2fbace8_o.jpg

If you are color blind, maybe this will be ok, as it is the correct style.
ebay.com link: Folgers Coffee Tin Aroma Roasted Green 39 oz

#53 9 years ago

Alright, I went ahead and paid april's final payment today.. game is 100% paid for (sans shipping). So stoked that we're getting close! Crossing fingers they transition smooth into manufacturing but know that's the hardest part..trying to temper expectations but its hard..

#54 9 years ago

I got back in as of today. I resubmitted my unrequested refund to retain my place in line.

#55 9 years ago

ok playing around with photoshop and a game with my topper. rainy sunday in san diego. If you will it, it is no dream!

IMG_20150301_124920 copy.jpgIMG_20150301_124920 copy.jpg

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

ok playing around with photoshop and a game with my topper. rainy sunday in san diego. If you will it, it is no dream!
IMG_20150301_124920 copy.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Hmmm ... that's ...uh ... quite the topper.

How about photoshopping a TBL game with the upcoming Laseriffic topper (please)? You know ... just for comparison sake!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

with the upcoming Laseriffic topper (please)? You know ... just for comparison sake!

Any truth to this?

#58 9 years ago

I like the Folgers topper. It's clean, relevant, and didn't cost you $165.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Any truth to this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-laseriffic-tbl-topper#post-2276864

I'm in on this too. That's right - pre-ordering accessories for my pre-ordered game - yeah baby!

Quoted from highdef:

I like the Folgers topper. It's clean, relevant, and didn't cost you $165.

Yep - there's that to be said for it.

#60 9 years ago

Eh the laseriffic topper is not my thing.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I got back in as of today. I resubmitted my unrequested refund to retain my place in line.

- Great to see a lot of Achievers have jumped back in!

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

IMG_20150301_124920 copy.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You aren't kidding about the rain and cool temps today in San Diego...

For those older folks in the Detroit area, the Air & Space Museum in Balboa Park looks similar to the Ford Rotunda that was destroyed by fire before I was born.

IMG_4417.jpgIMG_4417.jpg IMG_4416.jpgIMG_4416.jpg
#63 9 years ago

Could anyone shed some light on buying one of these ?shipping? CA tax ? I'd love to jump on board but after my Woz & MMR which understand I'm cool waiting another 6 months for MMR just want the game dialed in etc .I need more info like chrome and the rug ?any help greatly appreciated
Thanks

#64 9 years ago

And latest email which had notes about chrome and rug.don't think this is on website. Would presume this is for any orders between expo and.. Dunno when they end pre order vs "order".. Maybe after April 1? I'd email them about it.

We have received many requests for rugs and chrome and we want to give all pre-order VIP's the opportunity to upgrade with these add-ons. The way to do this is easy: go to your personal page and just check the tick box when you make your next payment (or just this one). The price of the rug and chrome upgrade is $500.

#65 9 years ago

Well production is supposed to start next month that's pretty dam exciting.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#66 9 years ago

If it means anything. I emailed Barry and asked if TBL will have UL Certification.
Barry's response "Yes it will"

#67 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#68 9 years ago

Tomorrow I fly out to Australia for the rest of the month for work. Reflecting that when I get back it'll be April 3rd and excited for what's to come in Q2.

#69 9 years ago

Man its an outright downpour today in boutique pinball world. Would love to see some DP NSNL/FB updates soon with some "road to production" type photos to lift my spirits

#70 9 years ago

12 Days to Go before this place is a Rockin!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#71 9 years ago

I want to see that pic but with some cabinents.. Thstvseems step one-ish.. Wonder if they are making the cabinets, having someone else do it as subcontract.. As import from usa seems overkill.

#72 9 years ago

Rumors of a game showing up at TPF this weekend. Would be interested in what it is.. Old prototype (with legaldisclaimer stickers), a playfield swapped one, or a new / preproduction one. I don't expect the latter but boy would that be something.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2015-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/13#post-2325972

#73 9 years ago

Cointaker is bringing one. They are the new Distributor for TBL.

#74 9 years ago

Did email Barry yesterday.. The game will basically be the same as NYC during TPF.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Did email Barry yesterday.. The game will basically be the same as NYC during TPF.

I'm surprised they'd still be running the same alpha code from October 2014/NYC 2014 without any updates for a game so close to production?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 9 years ago

Well, he added that the audio / video clips from the movie are all submitted and awaiting final approval with universal right now and when they get that, then they can show us stuff "much" further along in the software department. Unfortunately the speed at which universal does anything is out of their control.

I wish I was in the country, I could of probably swung a quick trip over to Dallas this weekend. I still haven't been to a VIP party guess I will have to throw my own when my machine arrives!

#77 9 years ago

Production soon to start!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#78 9 years ago
#79 9 years ago

We better.
We don't need any more stress.

#80 9 years ago

Good luck guys! Wanna be in on this awesome pin but just can't!

#81 9 years ago

Was it at TPF?

#82 9 years ago

Yes but with original code and playfield.

#83 9 years ago

It was moved out Saturday at 7pm. Way before the show ended Sunday at 2:30pm.

#84 9 years ago

Call me crazy but I wouldn't expect any big news on the first.

I think a more realistic expectation is that we get a software / rules focused update sometime in April along with more progress on how the manufacturing plans are coming together.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Call me crazy but I wouldn't expect any big news on the first.
I think a more realistic expectation is that we get a software / rules focused update sometime in April along with more progress on how the manufacturing plans are coming together.

Your probably right. Considering that they are still waiting for final approvals from Universal on some audio and video bites to be used in the game.

#86 9 years ago

I literally joined the pre-order club with 8 minutes remaining. I feel insane for spending this much on a machine sight unseen, but damn that bowling lane feature is the coolest thing ever. I couldn't resist. Fingers tightly crossed that it's a solid build!

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I literally joined the pre-order club with 8 minutes remaining. I feel insane for spending this much on a machine sight unseen, but damn that bowling lane feature is the coolest thing ever. I couldn't resist. Fingers tightly crossed that it's a solid build!

I added you to the list!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-urban-achievers-list#post-2284151

#88 9 years ago

So excited for this pin! Thanks for adding me to the list...

#89 9 years ago

TBL is going to be at Midwest Gaming Classic next weekend! Can't wait to play it again!!

Brian

#90 9 years ago

The longest lines at TPF-2015 were to play TBL.
Interest level was high.
I was bummed that they left early, but I understand they probably have other commitments.

#91 9 years ago

So will TBL ship before TH?

#92 9 years ago

played this game in Texas! not for kiddies!!! lol....the bowling feature is neet! did not play it as much as I wanted to cause the lines were slow and long! Not big on pre order stuff, but one day would like to own one!

#93 9 years ago

Oh where oh where is Barry right now?

#94 9 years ago

He's getting the pin together, man!

1 week later
#95 9 years ago

Common Barry.. Show us your... Cabinets? !!! The Olivia's are waiting!!

olivia-munn_300x430.jpgolivia-munn_300x430.jpg
gq-wilde_07-shot7_1437_GQ_02Apr12_b.jpggq-wilde_07-shot7_1437_GQ_02Apr12_b.jpg

#96 9 years ago

Be patient, Q2 is not over yet Our money is put at work with DP

TBL befor TH, would that not be something great if DP could pull this off? Chances are growing for this

#97 9 years ago

I'm not worked up about Q2 timeline, just would appreciate some updates.. "The journey" and all as well as the reward.

And also, We (the royal we) have been a little slack on TBL quotes. I can't work one in right now, but here's a choice conversation plucked from the many available:

The Dude: What's in the fuckin' carrier?
Walter Sobchak: Huh? Oh, that's Cynthia's dog. I think it's a Pomeranian. I can't leave him home alone or he eats the furniture. I'm watching him while Cynthia and Marty Ackerman are in Hawaii.
The Dude: You brought the fuckin' Pomeranian bowling?
Walter Sobchak: What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude.
The Dude: Man, if my fuckin' ex-wife asked me to take care of her fuckin' dog while she and her boyfriend went to Honolulu I'd tell her to go fuck herself.

#98 9 years ago

I'll admit I didn't remember the movie so watched it the other night. I did laugh out loud at a couple of parts.

I wish I could swing one of these - even though I'm not a huge fan of TBL as a movie - this Pin looks AWESOME and I believe will be a huge hit!

Love that the gadgets are being thoroughly tested too. It demonstrates that DP takes the quality/robustness of the product seriously.

Will it be making an appearance at PINFEST in Allentown this year? I would really love to play it in person.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I'll admit I didn't remember the movie so watched it the other night. I did laugh out loud at a couple of parts.
I wish I could swing one of these - even though I'm not a huge fan of TBL as a movie - this Pin looks AWESOME and I believe will be a huge hit!
Love that the gadgets are being thoroughly tested too. It demonstrates that DP takes the quality/robustness of the product seriously.
Will it be making an appearance at PINFEST in Allentown this year? I would really love to play it in person.

Yes...Cointaker will have one of the Proto's at Allentown.....

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Yes...Cointaker will have one of the Proto's at Allentown.....

Any idea if one can make it out to the Rocky Mountain Pinball showdown in June?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?!
http://www.pinballshowdown.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
15,000 (OBO)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.