(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 306.
#9901 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I typically enjoy listening to Ben Heck and this is a worthwhile podcast episode. Unfortunately, like numerous others, Ben is not totally up to speed on his TBL facts and much of his discussion with Kaneda is just speculation.

Why would Ben appear on Kanedas podcast? I hope he took a shower afterwards.

#9902 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why would Ben appear on Kanedas podcast? I hope he took a shower afterwards.

He has been on it numerous times. Like many of us, he apparently enjoys it - warts and all.

One of the things that I don't agree with Kaneda on though - and have told him as much - is his potential purchase and flipping of a new TBL.

#9903 4 years ago

Ugh, I like Ben Heck but I can't go down the Kaneda road again... can anyone give us the broad strokes please?

To be fair to Chris tho, I feel like most of the pinball podcasts these days are kinda annoying.

#9904 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I typically enjoy listening to Ben Heck and this is a worthwhile podcast episode. Unfortunately, like numerous others, Ben is not totally up to speed on his TBL facts and much of his discussion with Kaneda is just speculation.

Which facts were wrong?

Which speculations are better to use?

Some are saying other people don’t know the facts, yet then don’t point out what part is incorrect or offer alternate speculation. This thread is a great place to share all info and to sort things out.

#9905 4 years ago

Wow. I had no idea people hated Ben Heck.

zzzzBEN-HECK 1 (resized).pngzzzzBEN-HECK 1 (resized).png

#9906 4 years ago

We basically just discussed how meaningless "100 games worth of parts" is as far as making new machines go.

Love me or hate me, I still made the first successful boutique pin so I'm not a total dunce on these topics.

#9907 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We basically just discussed how meaningless "100 games worth of parts" is as far as making new machines go.
Love me or hate me, I still made the first successful boutique pin so I'm not a total dunce on these topics.

If he gets 10 games built it will be pretty amazing. Then maybe he’ll sell remaining inventory to pinballlife so people can buy spare parts. That would be a small positive development in the saga.

#9908 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If he gets 10 games built it will be pretty amazing.

Why would he stop at 10 if he has parts for 100, even if they are meaningless...?

#9909 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Why would he stop at 10 if he has parts for 100, even if they are meaningless...?

Because building pinball is hard. If all it required was putting square and circle shaped blocks in place, any moron could do it. Turns out it takes a special kind of moron to succeed. I guessed 10 games because I am thinking Barry will try to do something with one other person helping (two people).

They take a long time to sort what they have and don’t have. Note - this is different than looking at part # on a list. Pick each part up, inspect, test, return to stock, order what’s missing and work towards receiving that. In reality there is no time to custom order and receive parts, so what is on hand and can be located is all they will ever have.

They will build games in the meantime at rate of 1 game per week. This might be too high a rate. 16 weeks from Sep thru Dec. So 16 max games thru Dec, but I think they will stumble from beginning so reducing count to 10. Why did I only count weeks through the end of year? License expires end of 2019, so all games must be built before then.

How do I know? I don’t, but have heard it from a few people that I trust. This is a big assumption I am basing all my comments But while others speculated it had expired based on common sense, I choose to rely on additional sources. You can’t build new games without a license so my version of having the license for 2019 makes sense. Have you heard differently? Maybe it a is for longer or maybe it has expired.

So what will Barry do with warehouse of parts to build 90 games after Jan? They will have no value to him and cost to store. Marco and Pinballlife buy bulk parts. Win/Win. Or maybe he should mail remaining parts for free to Owners. Haha that won’t ever happen.

#9910 4 years ago

Because building pinball is hard. If all it required was putting square and circle shaped blocks in place, any moron could do it. Turns out it takes a special kind of moron to succeed. I guessed 10 games because I am thinking Barry will try to do something with one other person helping (two people). They take a long time to sort what they have and don’t have. Note - this is different than looking at part # on a list. Pick each part up, inspect, test, return to stock, order what’s missing and work towards receiving that. In reality there is no time to custom order and receive parts, so what is on hand and can be located is all they will ever have.
They will build games in the meantime at rate of 1 game per week. This might be too high a rate. 16 weeks from Sep thru Dec. So 16 max games thru Dec, but I think they will stumble from beginning so reducing count to 10.
Why did I only count weeks through the end of year? License expires end of 2019, so all games must be built before then. How do I know? I don’t, but have heard it from a few people that I trust. This is a big assumption I am basing all my comments But while others speculated it had expired based on common sense, I choose to rely on additional sources. You can’t build new games without a license so my version of having the license makes more sense. Have you heard differently?
So what will Barry do with warehouse of parts to build 90 games after Jan? They will have no value to him and cost to store. Marco and Pinballlife buy bulk parts. Win/Win. Or maybe he should mail remaining parts for free to Owners. Haha that won’t ever happen.

Or henjust sells all parts to a distributor or pinball parts website for resale to owners....

#9911 4 years ago

If there were enough parts to build 100 games to completion. And those parts were sitting in a factory. And that factory contract manufactures every day of the year. That factory built 90 production TBL’s to date and are the only ones to have done so. That company is ARA and they are uniquely qualified and have huge competitive advantage to build the games. Yet ARA will not be building the 100 parts games.

A big mystery for doubters is why? It would be so easy for ARA to build these games because they know how to do it, they know how much it costs, they have inventory in hand and a supply chain to order all parts. I guess they also know type of company DP is, balance still owed them by DP, balance in DP’s bank account, the real status of inventory, status of license and probably DP’s latest scheme to get rich. No, something is rotten in Denmark! ARA wisely will be taking their ball home and quitting the league.

#9912 4 years ago

They are making more machines and have planned on making more for about 6 months while all this was being negotiated. I can't reveal my source. Believe me if you want. I believe my source.

They are not telling the buyers of these machines being released because, just like DP was, it's pure deceit to influence the overpriced market based on limited #'s and perception that no more machines will be produced.

Those that are excited to get in at $12.5 now better sell fast.. once the other 200 plus machines get rolling who knows where the price will be then. More machines out there also equals less spare parts if/when machines break, etc.

#9913 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

They are making more machines and have planned on making more for about 6 months while all this was being negotiated. I can't reveal my source. Believe me if you want. I believe my source.
They are not telling the buyers of these machines being released because, just like DP was, it's pure deceit to influence the overpriced market based on limited #'s and perception that no more machines will be produced.
Those that are excited to get in at $12.5 now better sell fast.. once the other 200 plus machines get rolling who knows where the price will be then. More machines out there also equals less spare parts if/when machines break, etc.

200 plus more machines?? Hey I'm a dreamer and even like an occasional fantasy flick but lets try to keep this realistic. I VERY much hope they can pull off additional supply but we might want to manage expectations on the scale of this dream.

#9914 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow. I had no idea people hated Ben Heck.[quoted image]

I think we know which side of that duo is getting the upvotes and which side the downvotes.

#9915 4 years ago

....... No, something is rotten in Denmark!

For somebody who can’t even get the country right you seem to know a lot of things about DP .....

#9916 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I can't reveal my source. Believe me if you want.

I don't.

#9917 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

If/when more games are made I have confirmed from "my source" the new price will be $12,500 and that wont include shipping.
(I also believe my source as she has far more info than anyone in this thread)

More games equals more spare parts in the long run.. so more games is better for everyone as the community has shown that parts will be made if there are enough games in circulation to create demand.

#9918 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For somebody who can’t even get the country right you seem to know a lot of things about DP .....

It was a joke. If you’ll remember reading Shakespeare from high school days, in Hamlet he penned ... there’s something rotten in the state of Denmark. That odd sentence always stuck in my head.

edit - Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. A line from the play Hamlet, by William Shakespeare. An officer of the palace guard says this after the ghost of the dead king appears, walking over the palace walls.

#9919 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If/when more games are made I have confirmed from my source the new price will be $12,500 and that wont include shipping

Thanks, that is a new piece of info and it is interesting to learn of pricing plans. Whether they ultimately succeed at making 10 or 200 or any more TBL, the intent is to offer them at $12.5k. Maybe this knowledge will curb some of the resales of this current batch and keep the game affordable in secondary market.

I won’t ask whom the rumored company is because if DP is the one making and selling new games for $12.5k, while owing 190 games to paid in full EA’s, that sounds criminal and an illegal way to run a business. If it is someone else making them, I’d ask how they got TBL license and pinball rights. This sounds like a half-baked scheme with more holes than a pound of Swiss cheese. We’re better off not know whom.

#9920 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow. I had no idea people hated Ben Heck.[quoted image]

Why do you think people hate Ben Heck?

The down votes could be for a condescending comment that "he's a man worth listening to."

#9921 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The down votes could be for a condescending comment that "he's a man worth listening to."

Was that meant to be condescending, do you think? I took it as a well-deserved endorsement of Ben Heck.

#9922 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Was that meant to be condescending, do you think? I took it as a well-deserved endorsement of Ben Heck.

Yeah — not sure how you get condescending out of that comment..?? pretty obvious who any downvotes are meant for..

#9923 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Are any of these new 200 machines planned to be delivered to the EAs or is their money lost forever.

I mean, F*** at some points when you cash in someone's money it comes with some responsibilities.

#9924 4 years ago

Ok ? So your source says 200 games but what about the 129 EA that got hosed

40 games is tough to digest to EA guys
But if they build and sell 200 and none to EA guys that’s Rediculous

I think this prediction really sparks a huge lawsuit

Pinball was never like this

#9925 4 years ago

Here's a good laugh. In 2014 I posted on the DP Forum asking about EA ordering. Just found my old post: http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37

burningman told me "Being an early achiever myself, with the refund policy they have set, you really can't go wrong with getting in on this now, vs. waiting until after Expo..."

Different times man. Different times.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9926 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You're way off base my friend. Unless you don't care for Ben... Here's my quote.

Quoted from Mr68:

Highly regarded Ben Heck gives his views on the Dutch Pinball situation. It's a good interview and Ben is a man worth paying attention to.

#9927 4 years ago

"With DP, you can get a full refund as long as your own machine has not gone into production."

Interesting comment... but I think the actual "condition" that DP stated you can get a refund was before they went into production (I.e. with the first game), not before your specific game was put on the production line...

#9928 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I still made the first successful boutique pin

New Canasta preceded AMH by 4 years...

#9929 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I thought Special K was a boy, since he still slept in underroos and has a superman banky?

#9930 4 years ago

One thing is for sure- this is still a shit show!

#9931 4 years ago

**** What word is used every 90 seconds in TBL movie? ****

#9932 4 years ago

dude ! 161 times

#9933 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

dude ! 161 times

Didn’t know “man”

#9934 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

dude ! 161 times

Correct

Quoted from cpr9999:

Didn’t know “man”

Correct

*** keep guessing ...

#9935 4 years ago

If/when more games are made I have confirmed from "my source" the new price will be $12,500 and that wont include shipping.
More games equals more spare parts in the long run.. so more games is better for everyone as the community has shown that parts will be made if there are enough games in circulation to create demand.

Right, but those newly produced machines "she" is talking about will have different electronics and components that are incompatible with the old games, right? So now, potentially if this is all true, you will have "Batch A" and Batch B" games, all with various different electronics and components.

Either way, to me, TBL seems to be kinda risky to buy? But good for all those making the move forward. I just hope I can play one locally when it's all said and done.

#9936 4 years ago

Interesting thread progression, seems like everyone is all over the place on this one.

That being said, I had the pleasure of unboxing one of the early games with a friend several year ago, and I absolutely loved the game.. felt like a late 90's Bally/Williams that is/was themed in one of my favorite Movies.. wish I had been the one to land that one.

I am also sorry for all those on here that have lost money with DP, I couldn't imagine how angry I would feel losing that kind of money. Hell I had a $300 camera stolen while on vacation and it consumed me to no end.

Congrats to the new owners going forward also, best of luck with such a great game and hopefully there are no issues going forward.

Here are some pics from that unboxing, I knew it was a rare moment but at that time we didn't know all of the remaining machines would not get delivered...

6I4A0112 (resized).jpg6I4A0112 (resized).jpg6I4A0114 (resized).jpg6I4A0114 (resized).jpg6I4A0118 (resized).jpg6I4A0118 (resized).jpg6I4A0131 (resized).jpg6I4A0131 (resized).jpg6I4A0133 (resized).jpg6I4A0133 (resized).jpg

#9937 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Lucky Sons of a Bitches![quoted image]

That’s one impressive truck.

#9938 4 years ago

Great post ! I will pray to the pinball gods that all EA guys eventually get to enjoy
The same moment

#9939 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Right, but those newly produced machines "she" is talking about will have different electronics and components that are incompatible with the old games, right? So now, potentially if this is all true, you will have "Batch A" and Batch B" games, all with various different electronics and components.

Nope they have “truckloads” of original parts to use or as I was told roughly 50 to 100 games worth of original parts that were produced using the original DP/ARA design. If DP does build more games they will be using existing original parts which are the same as the 80 to 90 games already produced. I truly hope all EA’s get their games.. especially RTR!

#9940 4 years ago

Side note I was looking at the bowling alley mech in the video posted above and thinking what this must have added to the BOM, it’s quite a mech!

23E0B0C5-B8CF-43A4-B4F9-42DE7584A3DA (resized).png23E0B0C5-B8CF-43A4-B4F9-42DE7584A3DA (resized).png
#9941 4 years ago

Side note I was looking at the bowling alley mech in the video posted above and thinking what this must have added to the BOM, it’s quite a mech![quoted image]

Never seen one until the pics - looks like lot goes into it.

Also other pictures show very packed pinball - lots parts - not surprised at BOM or manufacturing costs being high.

#9942 4 years ago

Nope they have “truckloads” of original parts to use or as I was told roughly 50 to 100 games worth of original parts that were produced using the original DP/ARA design. If DP does build more games they will be using existing original parts which are the same as the 80 to 90 games already produced. I truly hope all EA’s get their games.. especially RTR!

If anyone thinks the original EAs are getting those games, well, ill eat the Crow that RTR is supposed to eat!! No way all or half of the games are going to the EAs. If, somehow THOSE 50 to 100 games produce enough $$$ for additional games, then maybe, just maybe EAs become whole.

#9943 4 years ago

**** What word is used every 90 seconds in TBL movie? ****

Man, Dude and the F-word (twice) are heard every 90 seconds. Bowling is suggested often, too.

E0B7EA32-AB67-4366-A378-9C79602B37E3.jpegE0B7EA32-AB67-4366-A378-9C79602B37E3.jpeg

#9944 4 years ago

Side note I was looking at the bowling alley mech in the video posted above and thinking what this must have added to the BOM, it’s quite a mech!

I was told the wholesale price on the bowling unit was $1,000. Given the pretty limited payoff that seems like a bad value.

#9945 4 years ago

One of the several parts of a build that I would doubt exists in inventory. Without that part, no new games will be made.

Quoted from jwilson:

I was told the wholesale price on the bowling unit was $1,000. Given the pretty limited payoff that seems like a bad value.

#9946 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You meant "bootique," right?
I am a fan, but not because of pinball. I like people who take cool things apart.

#9947 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

One of the several parts of a build that I would doubt exists in inventory. Without that part, no new games will be made.

Thats exactly what I was saying a few days ago. One poster keeps saying that if they have 90% of the parts, they could get to 100%. If they don't have the bowling mech, they might as well have 0% of any other parts.

#9948 4 years ago

maybe they could think of making a pro model that moves the bowling modes to video modes. i do agree.. as cool as it is, it doesnt add much to the game.

#9949 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

maybe they could think of making a pro model that moves the bowling modes to video modes. i do agree.. as cool as it is, it doesnt add much to the game.

Hard to see people paying $12.5k for that.

#9950 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Mostly just cool factor, but sheesh at $1000 per unit wholesale that's crazy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/199?hl=gunsnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.