(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 306.
#9451 4 years ago

When will Barry's next update be?

#9452 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Doubt he will announce bankruptcy.

#9453 4 years ago

I'm hesitant to even whisper optimism at this point, but investors or a company might take a second look after 40 machines just sold at 12.5K in a single day.

#9454 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm hesitant to even whisper optimism at this point, but investors or a company might take a second look after 40 machines just sold at 12.5K in a single day.

Especially since the R&D work is done at this point. It's a turnkey manufacturing play ready to go, for a company good with manufacturing.

#9455 4 years ago

I think those games sold so quickly is because most buyers are thinking this is there only chance to own this game. I hope this game does get picked up by legit investors and built but honestly
The more time that goes by the harder it will be.

#9456 4 years ago

I wonder if or when the license expired and how hard it would be to renew after all this?

#9457 4 years ago

License renewal isn't that hard. Sometimes, it is quite easy.

#9458 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I think those games sold so quickly is because most buyers are thinking this is there only chance to own this game.

And many of those machines will be flipped in the $20K range giving potential investors even more food for thought. Also, I believe that Barry wants to make things right with the EA's and after losing in court, he probably wishes he had made that deal with ARA. If given a second chance with a new company or investor, he might not hold such a hard line in negotiating a deal.

I know a lot of people like to accuse Barry of bad intentions but my instincts tell me otherwise. I believe he's trying to save his company and salvage his reputation which is exactly what I'd be doing. The biggest unknown is, will he be successful. I hope so.

#9459 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Barry will supposedly be doing an upcoming podcast interview with Jonathan Joosten (Pinball Magazine) & Martin Ayub (Pinball News).

The podcast release date is unknown at this point.

#9460 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Barry will supposedly be doing an upcoming podcast interview with Jonathan Joosten (Pinball Magazine) & Martin Ayub (Pinball News).

...let me guess ... in two weeks. Should reach a broad audience once it drops.

#9461 4 years ago

Spoiler alert:
"Sorry.
Now fuck off."

#9462 4 years ago

I feel bad for all that invested money in TBL pin . But very curious where the game’s end up

#9463 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I feel bad for all that invested money in TBL pin . But very curious where the game’s end up

same here...but if you can get one from cointaker is there a reason to turn it down?

#9464 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

same here...but if you can get one from cointaker is there a reason to turn it down?

They are long gone.

#9465 4 years ago

I think there are probably hundreds+ more people still willing to pay $12.5k for a TBL pin. I'm one of them.

#9466 4 years ago

I think Barry will really want to make things right, have tbl in production, and have a future in designing and producing pinball. Will he succeed? I sure hope so, but I really wouldn't know.

#9467 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I know a lot of people like to accuse Barry of bad intentions but my instincts tell me otherwise. I believe he's trying to save his company and salvage his reputation which is exactly what I'd be doing. The biggest unknown is, will he be successful. I hope so.

Absolutely, but I think it is his pattern of little to no communication and transparency that is rightfully causing the ill-will towards him.

I will say it again:
The way the ARA hostage games were suddenly released and sold off by way of this thread was insulting to the EAs and in poor taste.

#9468 4 years ago

Lets see 40 games shipped and delivered to customers before we even consider what would happen next.
Just getting the 40 games out of the Netherlands without drama will be a great feat.
This is supposed to happen 1st week of August?

#9469 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Lets see 40 games shipped and delivered to customers before we even consider what would happen next.
Just getting the 40 games out of the Netherlands without drama will be a great feat.
This is supposed to happen 1st week of August?

Anybody understand the process and timing? I don’t have a stake in this but can’t turn away. How will it end?

Key Timeline:

Perform open crate inspection - when and by whom?

Testing and approval of each game - when and by whom?

Transfer of x games to shipper - when?

Payment for x games - when and to whom?

Delivery of games?

#9470 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

They only sold for that because of the situation tho.

Just like how people went nuts for the repro BBB games after they missed out. TBL is the new BBB.

If TBL became available again I don’t think dudes would be lining up to drop $12k on them.

#9471 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody understand the process and timing? I don’t have a stake in this but can’t turn away. How will it end?
Key Timeline:
Perform open crate inspection - when and by whom?
Testing and approval of each game - when and by whom?
Transfer of x games to shipper - when?
Payment for x games - when and to whom?
Delivery of games?

i wonder if all this could fall apart during the inspection.. what if ARA didn't store the games climate controlled for the last 3 years as they were pissed and just moved them to where was convient/didnt cost them even more money. so, its very good they are getting inspected.. but also we'll see i guess too

#9472 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

i wonder if all this could fall apart during the inspection.. what if ARA didn't store the games climate controlled for the last 3 years as they were pissed and just moved them to where was convient/didnt cost them even more money. so, its very good they are getting inspected.. but also we'll see i guess too

DP is inspecting them, right? And DP gets out of the ARA lawsuit by selling these machines, not by determining that they are unsalable.

#9473 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

No I wouldn’t turn it down.

#9474 4 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I think there are probably hundreds+ more people still willing to pay $12.5k for a TBL pin. I'm one of them.

Some will pay $12.5 (that’s already proven), but I doubt hundreds will.
Make it $12,499 and they’ll be knocking down the doors!

#9475 4 years ago

The market may not be there for $12,500, ad infinitum, but I am sure people will be slinging money as fast as they can, if they find a way to bring TBL back out for $9-10k

#9476 4 years ago

At $12,500 and it doesn’t get made again
The game down the road will be 20K
Personally I’d like to own one because I live n breath pinball and love the movie I
Wouldn’t buy any pinball to make money
Or hoping it goes up in value.

#9477 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

DP is inspecting them, right? And DP gets out of the ARA lawsuit by selling these machines, not by determining that they are unsalable.

I’m guessing 40 pass inspection and maybe more?
41C169CD-DE79-4F6A-ADAC-C582BB06FB0E.gif41C169CD-DE79-4F6A-ADAC-C582BB06FB0E.gif

#9478 4 years ago

I’ve taken NIB games out of storage for 20 yrs or more and never a problem ?with the exception of battery issues
I doubt a company would hold $500,000
Dollars and let them get F-uped
Then they would get nothing ?

#9479 4 years ago

This is the kind of deal CoinTaker needs to do in person. They should be allowed to view, inspect and test each pin. And only then should the games be recrated, delivered to shipper and paid for. How else will CT or the buyer know what’s in the box and whether it works? That is a basic assumption you have when making a regular size purchase. But these guys are a little shady to deal with and you want an honest broker to ensure the international transaction goes down fairly. I’d never take the risk of buying one of this batch without it. Alternatively, once the bulk of these games were delivered without issue, I’d consider buying one of these nib’s without the inspection. Glad I don’t have this decision to make.

Worst case scenario, person was into TBL for $1k sends in the additional $11.5k and arriving game is 1) not 100% complete 2) not a real game 3) something else. If you have an honest broker who is allowed to inspect the merch and verify on their rep that all is good, only then would you get my money. Especially since payment must be electronic transfer and cannot be charged back like with a cc. The game already comes with no warranty, but now you want a compromised agent to verify things are okey-dokey?

Solution - CT should purchase,the entire lot of games and import them to US. Then inspect and test each one and ONLY THEN sell the games to their depositors. They would be taking on the risk of what could be in those boxes since they can’t be bothered to take a flight over to do the job where needed and before the sale. Then you would also have honest broker eyeballs on each game as it is accepted by shipper.

If you’ve seen an episode of the Black List or CSI Miami or watched a John Wick film you’ll know shit can and will go down here. There are still a lot of ins and outs and what have you’s to be worked out. If you’ve never paid attention to the plot of TBL, a simple tip is you don’t want to be that stranger in the alps.

#9480 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

The market may not be there for $12,500, ad infinitum, but I am sure people will be slinging money as fast as they can, if they find a way to bring TBL back out for $9-10k

The non EA price before the shit hit the fan was 10k from memory (included chrome armor and rug) + $500 shipping (the Euro was much stronger then so not sure how that effects) so best case if DP can Find someone else to build these games is 10.5k shipped.

#9481 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The non EA price before the shit hit the fan was 10k from memory (included chrome armor and rug) + $500 shipping (the Euro was much stronger then so not sure how that effects) so best case if the can get these made is 10.5k shipped.

And I think...I'm ok with that price, assuming it isn't cash up front The game is awesome, I'm just hoping against hope, that we see production again.

#9482 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

And I think...I'm ok with that price, assuming it isn't cash up front The game is awesome, I'm just hoping against hope, that we see production again.

Loving your optimism. If wishes and fingers crossed and hope could build games, they would have. Turns out you need lots of money too.

#9483 4 years ago

I'm sure it'll be a hard hitting interview like when they interviewed Kulek...

#9484 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’m guessing 40 pass inspection and maybe more?
[quoted image]

The inspection is going to go like this. Opens box. Is there a pinball machine in there? Seals up box.

I am sure DP, ARA, CT have or will make it clear these are AS-IS, with no warranty implied or expressed.

#9485 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The inspection is going to go like this. Opens box. Is there a pinball machine in there? Seals up box.
I am sure DP, ARA, CT have or will make it clear these are AS-IS, with no warranty implied or expressed.

This is a half a million dollar deal
Coin taker is a legit business, there not gonna crate up 40 Munster pros !!!
This isn’t there first BBQ

Anyone that wants to see this game be made again or loves pinball hopes that everything goes well .Having this go bad doesn’t benefit anyone. After going to court I’m guessing a court system is overlooking this with a fine tooth comb

Think about it ? You actually think he’s shooting from the hip with 500K

#9486 4 years ago

As someone who spoke with cointaker, none of you have any details about how this is working or what the insurances are to the people buying the games. It’s almost comical. I get you are all pissed but seriously, none of you have it right. It isn’t my place to tell you either so don’t bother asking me. Those that did get a game and spoke with CT about the finer points will know what I’m talking about and the steps CT is taking to protect customers. Y’all need to chill. Melissa is one of if not the best person in the pinball industry in my eyes and she always looks after others best interests.

#9487 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Y’all need to chill. Melissa is one of if not the best person in the pinball industry in my eyes and she always looks after others best interests.

Couldn’t have said it better !!!

Thank you

#9488 4 years ago

As someone who spoke with cointaker, none of you have any details about how this is working or what the insurances are to the people buying the games. It’s almost comical. I get you are all pissed but seriously, none of you have it right. It isn’t my place to tell you either so don’t bother asking me. Those that did get a game and spoke with CT about the finer points will know what I’m talking about and the steps CT is taking to protect customers. Y’all need to chill. Melissa is one of if not the best person in the pinball industry in my eyes and she always looks after others best interests.

My understanding is that DP and ARA are planning to unbox them together, set up, and test each machine in a few days, before putting them back in the boxes and shipping them. ARA is a legitimate company in the Netherlands, not some scam in Nigeria...

#9489 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

This is a half a million dollar deal
Coin taker is a legit business, there not gonna crate up 40 Munster pros !!!
This isn’t there first BBQ
Anyone that wants to see this game be made again or loves pinball hopes that everything goes well .Having this go bad doesn’t benefit anyone. After going to court I’m guessing a court system is overlooking this with a fine tooth comb
Think about it ? You actually think he’s shooting from the hip with 500K

Its not cointaker on the hook, its Barry. He needs this to happen in the worst way and I cant imagine he will be unboxing each game, play testing etc. Maybe and hopefully I am wrong. Id love to play one some day!

#9490 4 years ago

So you are saying there is a warranty, parts replacement and a full inspection before they ship, or after they hit the US? Doesnt seem like there is much in between what I said earlier, and that. Sorta all or nothing.

#9491 4 years ago

Do you know if the codes finished?

Oops ! This isn’t a Stern forum

#9492 4 years ago

Melissa is one of if not the best person in the pinball industry in my eyes and she always looks after others best interests.

I know some EA's that could argue against you on that one.

#9493 4 years ago

I was #59 and paid for one of those 40 games 5 years ago. I was given no opportunity to rebuy it. Instead, someone who supposedly only paid a $1,000 refundable deposit was given the opportunity ahead of the remaining 130 EA's who collectively made TBL's existence possible.

It certainly would have been an appropriate way forwards to at least give the EAs first dibs at the 40games... if DP does go bust then at least SOME EAs would have the game and possibly even have a game worth the $21k they ended up paying. The way things have turned out, however, is that people with no firm commitment have the chance to not only break even, but profit from the EAs losses... that doesn't seem right to me! Maybe doing it the way they have was just the simplest and quickest way forwards... if Barry is confident the EAs will eventually get their games at the price they paid, then this could be his thinking... but if DP do go bust, it would certainly suck as an EA to have not had the chance to buy the game.

#9494 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Games stored in climate controlled environment- few games already opened and like new

#9495 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Games stored in climate controlled environment- few games already opened and like new

Good news !!!

#9496 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Sounds good... how do you know this by the way?

#9497 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I know some EA's that could argue against you on that one.

EA’s invested in a company with the promise of a game. They didn’t purchase a game directly. The investment proved to be a poor one and they got robbed by DP. These games being sold are owned by ARA and not DP. I don’t know how many times that needs to be said for EA’s to get it.

#9498 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

It certainly would have been an appropriate way forwards to at least give the EAs first dibs at the 40games... if DP does go bust then at least SOME EAs would have the game and possibly even have a game worth the $21k they ended up paying. The way things have turned out, however, is that people with no firm commitment have the chance to not only break even, but profit from the EAs losses... that doesn't seem right to me! Maybe doing it the way they have was just the simplest and quickest way forwards... if Barry is confident the EAs will eventually get their games at the price they paid, then this could be his thinking... but if DP do go bust, it would certainly suck as an EA to have not had the chance to buy the game.

EA’s had the same shot as anyone else to get one of the 40. They had to call cointaker when the news broke and say. I have 12.5k for a game. I’ll take one.

#9499 4 years ago

EA’s had the same shot as anyone else to get one of the 40. They had to call cointaker when the news broke and say. I have 12.5k for a game. I’ll take one.

Right. Which is precisely what people are complaining about. I get Cointaker starting by offering games to people whose deposits they were holding. But it should have been possible to offer any remaining games to the EAs first (at $12.5k with no credit for money they’d previously paid to DP, of course). Then if EAs didn’t want them, open to the general public.

#9500 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Right. Which is precisely what people are complaining about. I get Cointaker starting by offering games to people whose deposits they were holding. But it should have been possible to offer any remaining games to the EAs first (at $12.5k with no credit for money they’d previously paid to DP, of course). Then if EAs didn’t want them, open to the general public.

Just out of curiosity, how would CT have done that? Just logistically speaking. Are they supposed to have some kind of list? Why would they? If you didn't order through them what would they know about it?

It's not like there were enough machines to satisfy all the EA people. No matter what a lot were going to be left in the cold with hurt feelings. I just don't see a winning move here. CT got offered this deal, apparently with almost no publicity they sold out practically instantly, and they're moving forward.

I get the desire to do something for the EA, but the fact is DP screwed all of them, and there's no magic band aid for it. Being mad at CT seems misplaced, be mad at DP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 210.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/190?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.