(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 306.
#9401 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

It's not my place to say exactly what he paid. I'm sure some people will flip them to make a quick buck though, that's bound to happen.

Oooooooook? Then why chime in at all if you're gonna be all squirrelly?

Any distributor besides Nitro who bought some for 12.5k and sells them for 12.5k to a customer is certainly forgoing thousands of dollars. If you know of such a company willingly giving up many thousands of dollars, put me in touch!

#9402 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Nope, TBL is better than Alien![quoted image]

You said it man !

#9403 4 years ago

A local theater where I live has a program called "flash back cinema". They play old ones but good ones on the big screen every Sunday.
They had TBL a few months ago. I went. Was so much fun, actually I think I enjoyed it more this time, nostalgia?
What a cult movie!
Although the Coen brothers collected many more accolades for their other movies, TBL is by far my favorite.
Only played the game once, but it felt like a refreshing BW type of game in the Stern/JJP era. Not trying to bash anyone, I own games from all offenders but BW, still has this "je ne sais quoi?" feeling, IMHO.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/je%20ne%20sais%20quoi

#9404 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Well my wife’s little dog pees on the rugs

Does she take it bowling? Does it have papers?

#9405 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Well my wife’s little dog pees on the rugs
I threw them all away
That’s some funny shit ! Or is it ?

Why not throw the dog away, or better yet have it kidnapped/dognapped?

#9406 4 years ago

2E551FB0-7274-4659-978E-6B522EC2D128.gif2E551FB0-7274-4659-978E-6B522EC2D128.gif
#9407 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

PM's received, had a smooth transaction...Thank you.
looks like I'm in on the wait and hope list too.
Also have a buddy willing to risk $1000 if anyone else is interested.
Cheers!

Wow, missed a lot.. got a message from the original buyer about the recent events, been so busy with the new house.. Is this really happening? kinda feel like a D now..Dam, maybe i should just bail.. think I would feel horrible otherwise.. should I just pay the full $12,500. $16,300 CANADIAN. What do you guys think? Man, thought this was a long shot..was just effing around. lol, $1000 for TBL. My gut hurts.

#9408 4 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

A local theater where I live has a program called "flash back cinema". They play old ones but good ones on the big screen every Sunday.
They had TBL a few months ago. I went. Was so much fun, actually I think I enjoyed it more this time, nostalgia?
What a cult movie!
Although the Coen brothers collected many more accolades for their other movies, TBL is by far my favorite.
Only played the game once, but it felt like a refreshing BW type of game in the Stern/JJP era. Not trying to bash anyone, I own games from all offenders but BW, still has this "je ne sais quoi?" feeling, IMHO.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/je%20ne%20sais%20quoi

I'm really interested in this, what do you think are the hallmarks and qualities of a 90's B/W games vs modern Stern games?

#9409 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I'm really interested in this, what do you think are the hallmarks and qualities of a 90's B/W games vs modern Stern games?

I think Canadian Maple Wood+ syrup.

#9410 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I think Canadian Maple Wood+ syrup.

Fascinating, so it was all in the cabinet lol

#9411 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Wow, missed a lot.. got a message from the original buyer about the recent events, been so busy with the new house.. Is this really happening? kinda feel like a D now..Dam, maybe i should just bail.. think I would feel horrible otherwise.. should I just pay the full $12,500. $16,300 CANADIAN. What do you guys think? Man, thought this was a long shot..was just effing around. lol, $1000 for TBL. My gut hurts.

Also, as a dual Canadian-Aussie (born in Canada but live in Australia now), I feel the price gouge. Ouch! Pins are so expensive here in Oz, even the junk ones are $3-4k plus! JJP games are 10k or so, ugh!

#9412 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Also, as a dual Canadian-Aussie (born in Canada but live in Australia now), I feel the price gouge. Ouch! Pins are so expensive here in Oz, even the junk ones are $3-4k plus! JJP games are 10k or so, ugh!

No doubt..Where in Canada? Would you do it all over again? Just got into electric skateboards... not missing the pins lately,lol... good for evening beers tho, and shrimps on the barby. Haha!

#9413 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Bad news, DP/Cointaker are NOT about to ship a game to you. As part of the DP/ARA settlement they've just sold off the machines that were sitting in dry dock at ARA to new buyers. So those will not be going to the EAs (or those such as yourself that bought out EAs). If you and the other EAs are ever going to receive machines, it will require DP to a) start new production (presumably in China), and b) generate enough revenue to cover the cost of sending machines to people that had already pre-paid.

#9414 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bad news, DP/Cointaker are NOT about to ship a game to you. As part of the DP/ARA settlement they've just sold off the machines that were sitting in dry dock at ARA to new buyers. So those will not be going to the EAs (or those such as yourself that bought out EAs). If you and the other EAs are ever going to receive machines, it will require DP to a) start new production (presumably in China), and b) generate enough revenue to cover the cost of sending machines to people that had already pre-paid.

All good, didn't expect anything out of it...Just having fun, and Kevin got some hard earned dow back.. looking good if this goes forward. Its an amazing game! I'm in for $12,500.

#9415 4 years ago

How many EA are there that’s paid in full? So outside of DP finding funds to cover production, never going to happen. They’re going to cover the number of machines paid in full times $5000+ (cost of each machine). EA don’t hold your breath, this was a cash grab for money owed to ARA, CT and reducing debt owed by DP.....game over

#9416 4 years ago

I asked for my deposit back like a week before this. I would have loved to get one for $12,500. Damn. I haven't seen it confirmed by either distributor that they are sold out. I guess I'll call both in the morning.

#9417 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

How many EA are there that’s paid in full? So outside of DP finding funds to cover production, never going to happen. They’re going to cover the number of machines paid in full times $5000+ (cost of each machine). EA don’t hold your breath, this was a cash grab for money owed to ARA, CT and reducing debt owed by DP.....game over

about 185 paid in full. about 50 delivered = about 135 people paid at 8500 (1,147,500) owed to the EA's. Cost to make was around 6500 ($877,500) needed to break even.

#9418 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

about 185 paid in full. about 50 delivered = about 135 people paid at 8500 (1,147,500) owed to the EA's. Cost to make was around 6500 ($877,500) needed to break even.

To make the story complete about old and new money. If there is a profit $ 1000 per TBL you need to sell 888 to generate enough money to give the EA's their machine. In this calculation we forget the transportation cost from 135 machine which also roughly $ 50.000 so another 50 TBL to sell to cover it. The break even will be after selling 938 TBL's.

#9419 4 years ago

Saw this on Mr Pinball Classifieds...

6722EF58-DDE0-4C7E-BBF7-B31A1B63D681 (resized).jpeg6722EF58-DDE0-4C7E-BBF7-B31A1B63D681 (resized).jpeg
#9420 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Doesn’t the 185 paid in full orders include the 40 with a $1k deposit at CT that wasn’t lost? The cost to make each was closer to $5k (ARA is owed $500k for building 90 games plus parts inventory to build 20?? more. We’ll call it 100 games. As a reference, LE’s with toys like GB, are alleged to cost Stern $3.5k - $4k to build). If you agree, adjust your figures accordingly.

#9421 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Doesn’t the 185 paid in full orders include the 40 with a $1k deposit at CT that wasn’t lost? ...

No

#9422 4 years ago

Doesn’t the 185 paid in full orders include the 40 with a $1k deposit at CT that wasn’t lost? The cost to make each was closer to $5k (ARA is owed $500k for building 90 games plus parts inventory to build 20?? more. We’ll call it 100 games. As a reference, LE’s with toys like GB, are alleged to cost Stern $3.5k - $4k to build). If you agree, adjust your figures accordingly.

6500 per machine was a number given to me by a previous DP employee. Stern orders tens of thousands of parts and does not us a proc. That is how stern builds games much much cheaper.

#9423 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

6500 per machine was a number given to me by a previous DP employee. Stern orders tens of thousands of parts and does not us a proc. That is how stern builds games much much cheaper.

Was that for Chinese manufacturing though? Obviously it's all extremely speculative, but if they got that up and running they'd presumably have some serious savings on labor over the EU.

#9424 4 years ago

All I know is, I hope I can get one... I hope someone is flipping as I missed the boat. I did have CT put me on a list of people who would want a game if someone doesn't pay or whatever other circumstance but I'm not hopeful at all so it'll be secondary market for me.

Jeff

#9425 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Was that for Chinese manufacturing though? Obviously it's all extremely speculative, but if they got that up and running they'd presumably have some serious savings on labor over the EU.

China is off the table according to last NSNL

#9426 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Quoted from foxtj24:

With current tariffs there's no way they could be made there. Let alone with DP's track record, nobody will touch them

#9427 4 years ago

Is there a summary somewhere of the current situation? The 40 "hostage" games have been released? New games beyond those will be produced? Trying to catch up!

#9428 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is there a summary somewhere of the current situation? The 40 "hostage" games have been released? New games beyond those will be produced? Trying to catch up!

Really short version...
Hostage games released and already sold by CT/NITRO for $12.5K USD.

Future production unknown.

#9429 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Really short version...
Hostage games released and already sold by CT/NITRO for $12.5K USD.
Future production unknown.

Preorders didn't get an opportunity to pay more and get them?

Is future production likely?

#9430 4 years ago

Nope and Nope

Quoted from kermit24:

#9431 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If you pre ordered through CT or Nitro, then yes.

#9432 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you pre ordered through CT or Nitro, then yes.

The distinction is this: if you preordered directly through DP then your money was pissed away years ago. If DP sells you a game now at $12,500 but credits you the $8,500 they already took from you, they clear only $4,000. If you preordered with CT or Nitro, on the other hand, the distributor held your money all of this time, so selling to you now brings $12,500 in fresh money into DP (with which to pay off ARA).

If you’re asking whether the DP preorders were given priority to spend a fresh $12,500 and receive a machine, that would have been a thoughtful gesture but I don’t think that’s how it was handled.

#9433 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If you’re asking whether the DP preorders were given priority to spend a fresh $12,500 and receive a machine, that would have been a thoughtful gesture but I don’t think that’s how it was handled.

It wasn't. Early Achievers (those who paid in full for the game and were thus first in line) were not given any opportunity to pay more and buy these games.

#9434 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

It wasn't. Early Achievers (those who paid in full for the game and were thus first in line) were not given any opportunity to pay more and buy these games.

Wow. Garbage.

#9435 4 years ago

This is all about money, there is zero regards to who should have had the first crack at the remaining 40. Who wants to loose 1k or more in a deposit if they dont have too? All Barry wants is as much money as possible to pay his debts to ARA, simple as that . If there is no legal responsibility to the ones paid in full they have the run of the camp. I am guilty for not bothering to organize a legal stance against DP so I have zero credibility to criticize . I feel bad for all those paid in full and did not get this opportunity

#9436 4 years ago

I’m not sure what the thought process was for CT. They were under no obligation to sell the 40 games to the EAs. They had deposits from many people. Maybe not morally right, but my guess is they were obligated to those with the deposits.
Personally, I had a CT deposit and could’ve got one of the hostage pins but didn't need the game, so I offered up my spot to one of the EAs at no profit or gain.

#9437 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wow. Garbage.

How so? The BS way this has played out or my post?

If the latter, I was #59 and paid for one of those 40 games 5 years ago. I was given no opportunity to rebuy it. Instead, someone who supposedly only paid a $1,000 refundable deposit was given the opportunity ahead of the remaining 130 EA's who collectively made TBL's existence possible.

#9438 4 years ago

^^^ Merica...............Joey

#9439 4 years ago

If the latter, I was #59 and paid for one of those 40 games 5 years ago. I was given no opportunity to rebuy it. Instead, someone who supposedly only paid a $1,000 refundable deposit was given the opportunity ahead of the remaining 130 EA's who collectively made TBL's existence possible.

Saying that those with deposits / or paid in full should have had first opportunity to purchase. No legal obligation? No documents were signed by both parties as part of the preorder process?

#9440 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Saying that those with deposits / or paid in full should have had first opportunity to purchase. No legal obligation? No documents were signed by both parties as part of the preorder process?

???

#9441 4 years ago

Wanna play the TBL numbers game? Bring a bottle of booze and case of beer. World Population is 7.5 billion. Number of people satisfied with the distribution and sale of 90 TBL pinball machines is ... 1,094

50 EA’s paid $8.5k each and received their game, but these were never paid off at ARA -> Barry and Jaap committed grand theft larceny on the day these games were delivered, when they had no money nor ability to pay for them.

40 orders made with $1k deposit at Cointaker. Sure their purchase price jumped $4k but the game’s value rose more and they have a TBL.

ARA will be paid for work which they had to write off their books. They will receive a $480k windfall for 2019 and ARA’s employees annual bonuses. ARA will not be producing any more TBL’s and will wash their hands of DP once the last promised cent clears their bank.

CoinTaker will fulfill it’s TBL orders and meet their obligation which they they created when they accepted deposits. Hopefully they have dibs on a boatload of spare parts to support owners. CoinTaker succeeds at getting 40 more games into the world before they hit dumpsters and were lost forever. Not entirely altruistic, CoinTaker will earn some lost money back through this transaction.

Jaap is freed from this mess to focus on his health crisis.

Barry gets ARA off his back and sees more games in the world. He also gets spare parts and plans to assemble them himself to earn some running money. That he still owes thousands to vendors and suppliers and 80 TBL’s to EA’s is of little consequence. The license will expire this year and have no value then. The rights, tools and institutional knowledge to build TBL have limited and rapidly declining worth, without a license. This is a deep hole, so expect DP to declare bankruptcy by year end.

1000 people who may come across and play a TBL.

AND if you don’t see your group mentioned above .... you were probably fu@Ked in the A**

#9442 4 years ago

Wanna play the TBL numbers game? Bring a bottle of booze and case of beer. World Population is 7.5 billion. Number of people satisfied with the distribution and sale of TBL is ...
50 EA’s paid $8.5k each and received their game, but these were never paid off at ARA -> Barry and Jaap committed grand theft larceny on the day these games were delivered, when had no money nor intention to pay for them.
40 orders with $1k deposit at Cointaker. Sure their purchase price jumped $4k but the game’s value rose more.
ARA is happy to get paid for the work they performed and had to write off, but will now be paid $480k and it will be a windfall for them in 2019. They will not be producing any more TBL’s and will wash their hands of DP.
Jaap is happy to be gone from this mess and to focus on his health crisis.
Barry is happy to get ARA off his back and see more games in the world. That he still owes thousands to vendors and suppliers and 80 TBL to EA’s are the facts. It’s a deep hole and I expect he’ll declare bankruptcy at DP by year end.
1000 people who may come across and play TBL.

Thanks Jeff for the blow by blow summary.

#9443 4 years ago

Wanna play the TBL numbers game? Bring a bottle of booze and case of beer. World Population is 7.5 billion. Number of people satisfied with the distribution and sale of 90 TBL pinball machines is ... 1,094
50 EA’s paid $8.5k each and received their game, but these were never paid off at ARA -> Barry and Jaap committed grand theft larceny on the day these games were delivered, when they had no money nor ability to pay for them.
40 orders made with $1k deposit at Cointaker. Sure their purchase price jumped $4k but the game’s value rose more and they have a TBL.
ARA will be paid for work which they had to write off their books. They will receive a $480k windfall for 2019 and ARA’s employees annual bonuses. ARA will not be producing any more TBL’s and will wash their hands of DP once the last promised cent clears their bank.
CoinTaker will fulfill it’s TBL orders and meet their obligation which they they created when they accepted deposits. Hopefully they have dibs on a boatload of spare parts to support owners. CoinTaker succeeds at getting 40 more games into the world before they hit dumpsters and were lost forever. Not entirely altruistic, CoinTaker will earn some lost money back through this transaction.
Jaap is freed from this mess to focus on his health crisis.
Barry gets ARA off his back and sees more games in the world. He also gets spare parts and plans to assemble them himself to earn some running money. That he still owes thousands to vendors and suppliers and 80 TBL’s to EA’s is of little consequence. The license will expire this year and have no value then. The rights, tools and institutional knowledge to build TBL have limited and rapidly declining worth, without a license. This is a deep hole, so expect DP to declare bankruptcy by year end.
1000 people who may come across and play a TBL.
AND if you don’t see your group mentioned above .... you were probably fu@Ked in the A**

Brutally, honest..

#9444 4 years ago

There are more than 130 paid in full EA's. I'm 148!

#9445 4 years ago

More than that I am #187

#9446 4 years ago

Withing these numbers, there may be

a) a lot of Cointaker 1k people
b) more that jumped ship after the EA number reveal by Dutch Pinball

So I'm quite sure there are are no 187 games payed for in full.

#9447 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Quoted from jpk1972:

More than that I am #187

I know. Key word in my post: REMAINING (those who haven't received their games yet)

#9448 4 years ago
Quoted from jpk1972:

More than that I am #187

I'll see your 187 and raise you 3.

#9449 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I'm #178.

#9450 4 years ago

Hopefully the paid in full preorder pin from a startup company is now a dead concept. If these companies had a sound financial plan, they would be able to get all the money they need from any bank out there. The fact that no financial institution is willing to finance them should set some glaring alarms off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/189 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.