(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 minutes ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 306.
#9201 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Cointaker is supplying some of the 40 games to Nitro as is only fair.

If we’re talking about being fair, why aren’t the Cointaker deposit holders getting the games like Nitro has claimed to be doing?

#9202 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

If we’re talking about being fair, why aren’t the Cointaker deposit holders getting the games like Nitro has claimed to be doing?

Maybe it's not so much about being fair but more about splitting the risk with Nitro. I mean, would you want to collect funds for 40 games and then send the money to DP and just trust that they'll send the games? Everyone agrees they're liars and criminals except right now it's cool to send them a ton of money... *shrugs*

#9203 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Quoted from CoinTaker:

If you currently have a deposit with CoinTaker, you will get one of these games at the new price. We still hold your funds, as they were not sent to DP.

#9204 4 years ago

I’m disappointed that the EAs did not get first refusal to buy the games.. that would have least been right!

I would buy and then sell my game when/If my EA 105 was made

#9205 4 years ago

40 games are made.. and, from Barry’s email some games are part built..

ARA has parts to build many more.. so it’s a case of finding someone to build the games!

#9206 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Not end well ....for EAs....they already know that.
Not end well ....for DP....we already see that.
Everyone else involved...new buyers, CT, Nitro will be fine.

I like all this come lately know-it-all wisdom that just showed up in this thread out of nowhere. This is the TBL PREORDER CLUB thread, not the new $12,500 TBL Owner's thread. Start your own dedicated thread and all 40 of you can have a virtual hot dog party.

#9207 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It is not just as disgusting - that is much worse - it is a human life. Losing $$$$ sucks, but not potential human life loss.

I wasn't referring to the loss of human life. I was referring to people's greed...and yes, just as disgusting in my books.

#9208 4 years ago

At the very least with everything these games are seeing the light of day instead of going down with the Titanic. That should mean something as it was a shame they sat for all these years in the first place. I agree with the previous posts.. This seems to be the only route you EA's eventually get made whole and sure hope that happens because I'd love one of these games someday if everything becomes stable and not a roll of the dice.

#9209 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why would people want to boycott the people that stood alongside the EAs, took their blows as well, and have weathered through with their customers on this, and two other 'startup' blowups? CT has done FAR more for buyers than you want to give them credit for now in this narrow view you have.
This is a failure - not everyone will be made whole. But you shouldn't piss on someone because they are trying to find some middle ground instead of holding onto 'all or nothing' fantasies.

Unfortunately, that middle ground means Barry is now making money off the same games twice. He is not doing this out of the goodness of his heart...he is either clearing his debt with ARA or putting money in his pockets, or more likely both. This is why I have a problem with how this is going down. If this were a typical company failure, and ARA was selling off assets, then I wouldn't have near as much of an issue. But this guy takes people's money for games that are never delivered and then gets to sell them again to someone else. The distros know this and dont care. If any money he makes goes back to original buyers, then that would be a step in the right direction, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

#9210 4 years ago

This is all speculation

Recent facts are

Barry has signed a contract with ARA.. I do not know what exactly- but why would ARA sign a contract with Barry just to sell the games if they already own them and Barry has to pay them!?

Barry has a lot of things to get lined up and will then tell us more..

#9211 4 years ago

If this didn't happen, I do think the folks with the deposits down should have been given "early" access to the 40 before being offered to the masses. Maybe 1 day or two then their game is released.

I knew these were going to sell out really fast...

#9212 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Not end well ....for EAs....they already know that.
Not end well ....for DP....we already see that.
Everyone else involved...new buyers, CT, Nitro will be fine.

Well ... ARA will be fine too, since priority is being given to pay them what they are owed and in full. It is entirely DP’s fault the EA’s money was burned through on booze, broads, parties, travel, poor management decisions and legal fees.

What is likely criminal is DP didn’t declare bankruptcy three years back when the money to build games and pay the bills was lacking. Since then it has been lies, deception, fraud, incompetence and a deafening silence, except for the occasional bs.

#9213 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If this didn't happen, I do think the folks with the deposits down should have been given "early" access to the 40 before being offered to the masses. Maybe 1 day or two then their game is released.

I think these were offered to those with a deposit (at least I was)

#9214 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Tell you more what? He is a proven liar, so why would you believe anything he has to say? Amazing how hope and greed can cloud common sense.

#9215 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Oh glad to hear. Good move by CT.

#9216 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I think we can all agree, based on what we've seen from other pinball manufactuers other than Stern, that it's not easy to fire up a pinball production line and start rolling out games

Clearly you have not heard of quad or octo-manufacturing!!!

#9217 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Unfortunately, that middle ground means Barry is now making money off the same games twice..

Dp “making money” is the least likely scenario mentioned here yet. Get out of psst obligations? Yes. Maybe get some cash to do things? Maybe yes. But all of that is offset by the years of effort with no new money. They are way in the red never to come out. The thing that should bother people IMO is if DP set themselves up to be able to walk away freely after this arrangement.

The fixation on “my game..” etc is just personal frustration. First shipped or last, whatever... the games are not “yours” until it is shipped to you. What matters is DP has not fulfilled its obligations to the prebuyers... and getting to that still seems like a long hard path.

The optimist at least says we have a light at the end of the tunnel on getting the ara anchor removed... and the persistence of DP to not just go away.

#9218 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Not to those of us who have paid for them and have already been waiting 5 years though.

#9219 4 years ago

I feel bad for those that invested in DP and are screwed out of a game. Unfortunately those 40 games were never yours until shipped. Issues happened with payment to ARA and they sued and gain all the property in the lawsuit outcome. The only person to blame here for the investors are DP. ARA is gonna sell those games through cointaker and then the lawsuit will be dropped. No one buying one of those games is taking anything from early investors in DP because they don’t belong to DP anymore. DP has no product. Parts and finished games are only being made available to make ARA whole and to end the lawsuit. Cointaker looks after their customers and is providing a means to acquiring games that otherwise couldn’t be acquired.

With that said, the situation for EA’s sucks. But moving forward, there is now a small hope that in the future another investor might be able to revive the project and EA’s might be made whole through DP. ARA has no obligation to do so and the nonpayment from DP is the reason this is all happening in the first place.

That’s my take on it. Believe what you will. But in my eyes. Cointaker is the only one providing hope to any of you for the future. Otherwise you have 0 chance as of the settlement of the lawsuit.

My advice in the future. Wait till you are buying a physical game and not to invest in a company that promises a game in the future.

I wish you all luck in receiving games through DP at a later date.

#9220 4 years ago

Would the best thing to come of this be that DP License the manufacturing and distribution of the machine to another company that has the funding an credibility to complete the project? This would give them the ability to collect revenue, allowing them to deliver the machines to EAs. It doesn't help the EAs if DP goes out of business.

#9221 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This is all speculation
Recent facts are
Barry has signed a contract with ARA.. I do not know what exactly- but why would ARA sign a contract with Barry just to sell the games if they already own them and Barry has to pay them!?

I think Barry leveraged the DP owned IP - design, especially software, possibly the license, etc and without it the games wouldn't be worth much. Cooperating allowed the games to be sold as complete. Maybe there is kicker for ARA down the line if DP stays solvent and muddles through this shit show somehow.

#9222 4 years ago

There was not a good way to sell these machines off without DP pissing on or pissing off some group.

The EAs should have been offered a shot at their machine first. But DP has always operated with zero regard, bordering on contempt, for the EAs during the entire process. So it does not surprise me.

If you are an EA and are not participating in the private thread, I encourage you to do so. I am trying to generate some interest in sticking together to protect our interests. If we don't, Barry will continue to assume that we are a variable that does not need to be included in his calculations.

#9223 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

... My advice in the future. Wait till you are buying a physical game and not to invest in a company that promises a game in the future. ...

Thanks

#9224 4 years ago

Also, if you are hungry, eat something.

#9225 4 years ago

watching some of these 40 games go to new money sounds like
top40remixed01 (resized).jpgtop40remixed01 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9226 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dp “making money” is the least likely scenario mentioned here yet. Get out of psst obligations? Yes. Maybe get some cash to do things? Maybe yes. But all of that is offset by the years of effort with no new money. They are way in the red never to come out. The thing that should bother people IMO is if DP set themselves up to be able to walk away freely after this arrangement.
The fixation on “my game..” etc is just personal frustration. First shipped or last, whatever... the games are not “yours” until it is shipped to you. What matters is DP has not fulfilled its obligations to the prebuyers... and getting to that still seems like a long hard path.
The optimist at least says we have a light at the end of the tunnel on getting the ara anchor removed... and the persistence of DP to not just go away.

I don't think we are that far apart on what we are saying. I agree the machines don't belong to any one person until they arrive at the door step. My comment about "making money" was relative in the fact that he is getting 'something' out of the deal, otherwise he would not be involved. ARA won the court case, so they got to keep the assets in consideration for what was owed them. That part is over...once the judgment was handed down, the assets belonged lock stock and barrel to ARA. We don't know who contacted whom, but Barry would like us to believe he reached out to ARA to make a deal to "generate some cash flow". I believe that part of the deal is probably true. Think about it.....once the court case was over, he could just walk away scott free, but he knows there is money still to be made and some bones to pick. ( I do not know corporate laws in other countries, but I would assume the officers of DP have a similar protection as in the U.S. and the corporation would be liable for the debt) He strikes a deal to help ARA get rid of machines and parts they have no use for, because he knows people will be lining up to buy the machines. he has the rights to the IP, so maybe the sales have to happen through him? (just a guess). By his own accord, he is doing this to generate revenue...he says to use as seed to start more manufacturing. Anyone that believes that will ever happen is a fool....there is not enough money in what is left to start up anything, else it would have already been done. Yes, Barry is out lots of money and time, but it was his business that he mis-managed and ultimately ran into the ground. He and ARA will sell off the assets for some coin, and you can bet there is a negotiated split that will compensate Barry somehow...so maybe you can't point to a specific game that is being sold twice, but he is making money off the same assets twice, because now they currently belong to ARA. Distros know these games will be hot, and it is a chance to make some coin on their end, so they could care less who is out the money so long as they get something back. I have no issue with them getting their piece of the pie....I do have a problem with them facilitating Barry doing the same. he should be the last person to make ANYTHING.

#9227 4 years ago

since I'm not and never was an EA, I don't feel that I'm owed any information

however, I would hope that some details of the out of court arrangement that barry made with ARA would be shared with all of the EAs (especially those that paid in full to DP). at a bare minimum, they should know what the terms were, and where the money generated by the 40 machines $12.5K ($500,000) went

eg.
on a per machine basis, $[x] went to ARA to settle the buy-out agreement, $[y] covers the shipping and insurance to CT/Nitro and $[z] is being set aside to attempt to get everything back up and running again to satisfy the outstanding EA obligations

and while I don't expect the EAs to receive any of that, this is what barry shoulddo if he ever wants to try and regain [some] of the respect from those that backed DP in the first place

#9228 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

ARA won the court case, so they got to keep the assets in consideration for what was owed them. That part is over...once the judgment was handed down, the assets belonged lock stock and barrel to ARA. We don't know who contacted whom, but Barry would like us to believe he reached out to ARA to make a deal to "generate some cash flow". I believe that part of the deal is probably true. Think about it.....once the court case was over, he could just walk away scott free, but he knows there is money still to be made and some bones to pick.

I think you're overstating here. We don't know the scope of the court judgement. The judgement does not necessarily include what the settlement of the debt is... it is more likely a judgement simply over the disputed contract terms and obligations. Meaning, the outcome is a determination of the obligations, not necessarily the settlement of HOW that obligation will be met. result being "Yes DP, your arrangement with ARA means you do owe XYZ per game, and ABC for other work, ++ ". That's why Barry (in his tale) says they made an arrangement (outside the court) with ARA to settle up. He is saying they came up with a way between them to settle DP's obligation to ARA (the obligation confirmed by the court ruling).

So, we assume after the court case DP is not 'free to walk away' - but instead now have a confirmation from the court that they are in serious debt to ARA vs the previous state where the amount owed was in disagreement. So the aftermath is... DP has no more recourse to disagree with ARA, so in huge debt, and no goods to sell to raise funds to pay off ARA or fund new production.

So very easily DP at that point could just goto bankruptcy.. and ARA would have their abandoned goods to deal with and try to recoup their losses. But the optimist can say instead of just rolling bankruptcy, and Barry walking away, they've found this settlement that at least ensures the previous games are getting out.

Quoted from Manimal:

By his own accord, he is doing this to generate revenue...he says to use as seed to start more manufacturing. Anyone that believes that will ever happen is a fool....there is not enough money in what is left to start up anything, else it would have already been done.

I concur... the sales price is the one that puzzles me the most. Because by the time you take CT's cut, shipping and total obligation to ARA.. how is there sizable amount of money left for DP to fund anything.

To play optimist... at least now the idea of getting someone else involved as an investor has a -better- probability (not good, simply a relative term ) than it did previously as the big ARA problem is no longer looming. So funding and history is still a problem for DP.. but at least it's not Funding, History, and Planet-Killer Liability suit.

Quoted from Manimal:

Yes, Barry is out lots of money and time, but it was his business that he mis-managed and ultimately ran into the ground. He and ARA will sell off the assets for some coin, and you can bet there is a negotiated split that will compensate Barry somehow...so maybe you can't point to a specific game that is being sold twice, but he is making money off the same assets twice, because now they currently belong to ARA. Distros know these games will be hot, and it is a chance to make some coin on their end, so they could care less who is out the money so long as they get something back. I have no issue with them getting their piece of the pie....I do have a problem with them facilitating Barry doing the same. he should be the last person to make ANYTHING.

My issue is with the way you present this.. as if it's the distros and Barry trying to make some quick bucks and pocket stuff before the hammer falls. These folks are not grabbing scraps in some greed fashion... they are recovering --something-- out of huge losses.

The pure 'greed' angle would have been to wash their hands of it all and walk away ages ago. One could argue if motives are selfish or not, and who is #1 in their view.. but suggesting they are making out in these deals I think is a very slanted view.

#9229 4 years ago

I think DP ran out of money before the first 50 were even done. They probably told ARA "ship them and then more deposits will come in!" and ARA does, regrets it, and holds next batch hostage.

This explains why the cost to release next 40 isn't just the contracted cost, or the retail cost, but 4k ABOVE the retail cost. Think that's seed money to restart DP? Ha. It's probably to pay back what was owed on first batch.

This game is done. Not only is DP broke AF but the license probably expired years ago.

#9230 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think you're overstating here. We don't know the scope of the court judgement. The judgement does not necessarily include what the settlement of the debt is... it is more likely a judgement simply over the disputed contract terms and obligations. Meaning, the outcome is a determination of the obligations, not necessarily the settlement of HOW that obligation will be met. result being "Yes DP, your arrangement with ARA means you do owe XYZ per game, and ABC for other work, ++ ". That's why Barry (in his tale) says they made an arrangement (outside the court) with ARA to settle up. He is saying they came up with a way between them to settle DP's obligation to ARA (the obligation confirmed by the court ruling).
So, we assume after the court case DP is not 'free to walk away' - but instead now have a confirmation from the court that they are in serious debt to ARA vs the previous state where the amount owed was in disagreement. So the aftermath is... DP has no more recourse to disagree with ARA, so in huge debt, and no goods to sell to raise funds to pay off ARA or fund new production.
So very easily DP at that point could just goto bankruptcy.. and ARA would have their abandoned goods to deal with and try to recoup their losses. But the optimist can say instead of just rolling bankruptcy, and Barry walking away, they've found this settlement that at least ensures the previous games are getting out.

I concur... the sales price is the one that puzzles me the most. Because by the time you take CT's cut, shipping and total obligation to ARA.. how is there sizable amount of money left for DP to fund anything.
To play optimist... at least now the idea of getting someone else involved as an investor has a -better- probability (not good, simply a relative term ) than it did previously as the big ARA problem is no longer looming. So funding and history is still a problem for DP.. but at least it's not Funding, History, and Planet-Killer Liability suit.

My issue is with the way you present this.. as if it's the distros and Barry trying to make some quick bucks and pocket stuff before the hammer falls. These folks are not grabbing scraps in some greed fashion... they are recovering --something-- out of huge losses.
The pure 'greed' angle would have been to wash their hands of it all and walk away ages ago. One could argue if motives are selfish or not, and who is #1 in their view.. but suggesting they are making out in these deals I think is a very slanted view.

It's all speculation for any of us here...so there is no right answer unless the court decision and actual agreements are laid out here in front of us. You are placing a lot of weight with the things Barry has said, and you could be right. I guess all of the years as a cop and investigating and watching these type of things go down maybe has jaded me, but Barry has repeatedly lied, so I put absolutely no weight in anything he has claimed. You yourself even question his claims as to the revenue he will generate to start production again...we all know that is a false claim, so why would we believe ANYTHING the guys says? How do we know he even has an agreement? has anyone ever seen the judgment other than Barry's reference to it? Do we even know it really exists? there is a lot of opinion riding on a few comments and a sketchy letter.

But as I said, it is pure speculation for either of us. And I understand your point about suggesting people are "making out" in these deals, and that is not necessarily what I am saying. I don't think there is enough money here for anyone to be "making out" on the deal. But make no mistake...there is a financial incentive for Barry to go through all of this work, and there is a financial incentive for the Distros to grab these games and sell them. It is not about anyone "doing the right thing" else the early folks would be paid first. This is a financial arrangement, plain and simple, and I have a problem with Barry making 1 dollar off of these games until the early folks are reimbursed. And for those that are saying he isn't making money, debt is only getting cancelled, etc.....I don't care if the guy is getting a blowjob out of the deal....he should never be allowed to walk away from this deal with any kind of "happy ending" until the folks he cheated get reimbursed. Just my opinion, and I have been wrong many times before......so who knows here

#9231 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Maybe it's not so much about being fair but more about splitting the risk with Nitro. I mean, would you want to collect funds for 40 games and then send the money to DP and just trust that they'll send the games? Everyone agrees they're liars and criminals except right now it's cool to send them a ton of money... *shrugs*

You must have missed the part where DP isn’t getting a dime from CT until DHL confirms the games were picked up / shipped.

#9232 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Barry said that he made an agreement with ARA. If I had to guess, it would be to sell the machines at the inflated price and divide the proceeds 50/50 or some agreed upon percentage...

I'm betting if this is the deal the percentage is 51/49. Seems like I recall this split being suggested sometime before...

#9233 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I guess all of the years as a cop and investigating and watching these type of things go down maybe has jaded me, but Barry has repeatedly lied, so I put absolutely no weight in anything he has claimed. You yourself even question his claims as to the revenue he will generate to start production again...we all know that is a false claim, so why would we believe ANYTHING the guys says?

I don't take anything they say at face value. I think they are deceptive, manipulative, and downright criminal at times. BUT - when you get past their MEANS and look at their motivation... it does not seem to be all selfish. The selfish would have cut and run ages ago. They've thrown (someone's) money at this for YEARS after it was way underwater. That comes from something.

So what I take away is.. you can't take what they say literally as the whole story. There may be elements of truth, but they are not transparent, and certainly not telling the full story. Case in point.. Barry admits they lost the court case... but conveniently won't bore you with the details. Of course he won't.. they don't serve the message he is trying to project.

So its lots of half-truths, 'not the full story', omitting critical points, with heaps of absurd optimism and future promises on top.

That said... that doesn't mean there aren't hints or snippets of info to be learned from their messages. The key is to vet and assemble with other sources.

#9234 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm betting if this is the deal the percentage is 51/49. Seems like I recall this split being suggested sometime before...

In that they will be collecting $500k and they owe ARA the same, it could be a straight payoff without any kickback to Barry. But it frees up parts and Barry probably plans to build another 10 games and sell them at $12.5k for $125k. Maybe Barry figures he can build them himself and make 20 games. Well he’s about to be woke when he finds out he still needs lots of parts to be able to build anything. I’d rather he offer parts for sale.

BTW - nobody’s mentioned that these games have not been inspected. Games are crated and DP has never inspected or approved the games. Maybe they are all missing the bowling alley mech. Maybe some things are wired wrong. History has proven you need access to boards and parts if you expect to keep boutique pins running. When a product you buy is known as problematic and the company offers no support ...

#9235 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think DP ran out of money before the first 50 were even done. They probably told ARA "ship them and then more deposits will come in!" and ARA does, regrets it, and holds next batch hostage.
This explains why the cost to release next 40 isn't just the contracted cost, or the retail cost, but 4k ABOVE the retail cost. Think that's seed money to restart DP? Ha. It's probably to pay back what was owed on first batch.
This game is done. Not only is DP broke AF but the license probably expired years ago.

I agree. I believe this was what was originally asserted by ARA, i.e., they stopped shipping because they were owed on what had already been shipped.

**** Disclaimer ****
I have no comment on your last two sentences as they may be construed as providing legal advice to EA's who directly paid DP and are involved in or contemplating legal action against DP.

#9236 4 years ago

It's not $500k. It's 400k-450k max...shipping isn't free and CT is profiting some also.

#9237 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You must have missed the part where DP isn’t getting a dime from CT until DHL confirms the games were picked up / shipped.

So DP, who ran out of money long ago is fronting the shipping fees on the games?

That matter aside, that's only confirmation that 40 boxes were shipped. The condition of those games, if there are even complete games in the boxes, is still a risk. What if a bunch of the games have significant flaws? If games show up to customers in bad shape, are CT and Nitro just going to say "you'll have to take that up with Dutch Pinball?" Or are they taking risk by sending money before actually inspecting the games and giving some sort of guarantee to their customers that they'll be OK?

This is all Risky Business if you ask me.

#9238 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

So DP, who ran out of money long ago is fronting the shipping fees on the games?
That matter aside, that's only confirmation that 40 boxes were shipped. The condition of those games, if there are even complete games in the boxes, is still a risk. What if a bunch of the games have significant flaws? If games show up to customers in bad shape, are CT and Nitro just going to say "you'll have to take that up with Dutch Pinball?" Or are they taking risk by sending money before actually inspecting the games and giving some sort of guarantee to their customers that they'll be OK?

It has been said by CT that all boxes will be inspected before overseas shipping direct to buyer. If that will happen who knows.

#9239 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

In terms of damage upon arrival. All games shipped are fully insured.

#9240 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

In terms of damage upon arrival. All games shipped are fully insured.

against shipping damage...

These are gonna be AS-IS

#9241 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

against shipping damage...
These are gonna be AS-IS

I said in terms of shipping they are protected.

#9242 4 years ago

People should celebrate that 40 more games will be out in the market, and should bring the price of these games down somewhat. You might see a few land in pincades another great thing. Most people in pinball can’t afford to pay 12500 for a damn game, but they can afford a few quarters to enjoy it. Getting 40 more machines in the market and the hopes of a few hundred more behind it should be a great day. This is really one of the greatest pins ever made, hidden away in some rich guys basement doesn’t give the pinball fanatics the opportunity to enjoy it. Based on this move more people will see the game, enjoy the game and maybe own one at some point. I’m stoked!!!

#9243 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

People should celebrate that 40 more games will be out in the market, and should bring the price of these games down somewhat. You might see a few land in pincades another great thing. Most people in pinball can’t afford to pay 12500 for a damn game, but they can afford a few quarters to enjoy it. Getting 40 more machines in the market and the hopes of a few hundred more behind it should be a great day. This is really one of the greatest pins ever made, hidden away in some rich guys basement doesn’t give the pinball fanatics the opportunity to enjoy it. Based on this move more people will see the game, enjoy the game and maybe own one at some point. I’m stoked!!!

Wow, I didn't look at it like that, now I am so happy.

#9244 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This is really one of the greatest pins ever made, hidden away in some rich guys basement doesn’t give the pinball fanatics the opportunity to enjoy it.

What a God damn stupid thing to say. For so many reasons.

I am FAR from rich. And love to share my games and beer with my friends and other pin folks.

Brian

#9245 4 years ago

So are all 40 sold already or does Coin Taker/Nitro still have them available? I was curious how fast these would sell given the stigma and the price tag.

#9246 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

It has been said by CT that all boxes will be inspected before overseas shipping direct to buyer. If that will happen who knows.

From what I understand the Games will be unboxed, inspected and the number plates will be removed from the apron and saved for the EA’s when their games get built.

#9247 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So are all 40 sold already or does Coin Taker/Nitro still have them available? I was curious how fast these would sell given the stigma and the price tag.

gone two days ago. Looks like they might have sold out in a less than a day. not surprised.

#9248 4 years ago

What about the poor souls that got their machines delivered in pieces. I think there were at least 2 that got the forklift treatment. Are they getting anything?

#9249 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

From what I understand the Games will be unboxed, inspected and the number plates will be removed from the apron and saved for the EA’s when their games get built.

Who said this DP?

This direct quote from a response from CT via email a two days ago two me:

Quoted from cpr9999:

CT let me know:
“The games will be ready for pick up by DHL first week of August and should be to us within 5-7 days and we will ship out immediately.
From what I understand DP will be opening a few of the games and reboxing them to make sure that everything still looks good.
We will not be doing that as then it makes them harder to ship fully insured.”

#9250 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Nope...see above thread ... Thx

Unless CT is now changing their stance from 2 days ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 15,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/185?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.