(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 306.
#9001 4 years ago

Hold the show here folks, hold the hell on and stop. What the hell is going on?

The people that want "evidence" or are happy that Jaap is dying of cancer is some of the worst things I have ever seen in pinball or on this forum. It's a new low that Pinside Petey can't even do. It's something you would find on somethingawful.com or 4chan. You should be ashamed....I can't even believe what I am seeing. I have no stake at all in this nor do I understand what Jaap posts in Dutch on his Facebook but I remember Jaap in person at Pintastic a couple of year's ago. He was a a funny, warm, and personable gentleman. He asked me if "I wanted to play a game with him" and I wanted to play BoP 2.0 in front of us. He said "he had one at home and it was his first game he bought". I never recorded his seminar because my SD card's were full but I regret it. It's a wonderful game BoP 2.0 and TBL is one of the best games ever made, hands down.

Look I understand that people are angry and I would be too (hell I put down only $135 on the Stern pinball book) and you folks under incredible odds may be getting your games. Take a step back though and read what you are saying. Would you feel uncomfortable if a family or friend read what you posted?

#9002 4 years ago

I have no skin in this game but it sounds to me like the early achievers are getting screwed.

#9003 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

You will have to take that up with DP.
I will be talking to him more hopefully tomorrow and see what he says.

...but you’re confirming that the hostage numbered ARA games, that belong to early buyers, will be the games now sold? How many of those units are confirmed to be completed at ARA?

#9004 4 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

The people that want "evidence" or are happy that Jaap is dying of cancer is some of the worst things I have ever seen in pinball or on this forum.

Nah, the worst thing was Jaap taking our money & then blowing it on other things, then lying to us and going silent. He’s no longer a friend. Why SHOULD anyone take this cancer claim a face value? He’s lied and screwed hundreds of people here. He doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt. Take your “shaming BS” elsewhere. YOU’RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT.

#9005 4 years ago

Glad to see Cointaker post something on the subject.

Would love to know if CT is an investor in DP now and/or if they have heard something from Barry that gives them an indication that this new development has legs.

#9006 4 years ago

Hate to say this because I don't care for the guy, but Kaneda was right?

#9007 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have no skin in this game but it sounds to me like the early achievers are getting screwed.

They’ve been getting screwed for 5 years. If their numbered games are going to be sold off to other people, that’s an extra spiked strap-on for their ass.

#9008 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

“Kaneda Was Right” should be his next T-shirt.

#9009 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They’ve been getting screwed for 5 years. If their numbered games are going to be sold off to other people, that’s an extra spiked strap-on for their ass.

It would be damn difficult watching someone else post a unboxing video of "your" hostage game on Pinside. That you've been waiting years for. But, I guess if that's the only way to get things moving again...

#9010 4 years ago

The games are confirmed to be at ARA and we are getting a total of 40 games...

#9011 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Excuse me

Iceman was right

He told Kaneda

Along with Alien coming and all you naysayer MF ers will have to eat shit

#9012 4 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

The people that want "evidence" or are happy that Jaap is dying of cancer is some of the worst things I have ever seen in pinball or on this forum.

Well luckily there’s only one person who said anything of the sort. So while I agree with you that comment wasn’t necessary or helpful, you can relax — the commentary here has (appropriately) been focused on the pertinent issues.

#9013 4 years ago

We are NOT an investor in DP and yes, I've spoken to Barry and this is legit.

#9014 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Excuse me
Iceman was right
He told Kaneda

Awesome either way.

#9015 4 years ago

Man, I should have made the offer to buy someone's spot out a few weeks ago, when it was a topic of conversation. I didn't think there was any chance we'd see movement on this, so quickly, relatively speaking, after the court stuff.

#9016 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Did anyone hear the news? There is going to be a Big Lebowski sequel starting John Hamn and by the time its all done I'm sure Bridges and Goodman will end up in the flick. So this might give new hope to their being a revival of this pinball machine.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5974030/reference

It's actually an adaptation of a late 70s Blier film called Going Places, but with Jesus Quintana mixed in. On top of that, John Turturro created Jesus Quintana long before the Big Lebowski. No clue if he was a bowler, but the Coens like the character so much they mixed him into what became the venerable BL. From the page you listed it will not be a Coen-brothers film, and not a sequel.

Back to the exploding thread in progress.

#9017 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

We are NOT an investor in DP and yes, I've spoken to Barry and this is legit.

Would you be willing to purchase my pre-paid TBL for $10,000? That would be an easy $2500 for you guys, right?

#9018 4 years ago

What about deposits with Nitro? Is Nitro getting any of these new games?

QSS

#9019 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

So that will be approx games #’d 54-94 (give or take a few numbers that shipped out of order). How is that right for people who bought those games & have receipts for them?

This just feels really dirty. Like a first come first serve blowout so ARA & Barry can get square. Very little hope that those who are owed those games will ever get anything.

#9020 4 years ago

Shame on anyone rushing to throw $12,500 to buy a game that doesn’t belong to you.

I kinda hope something else goes wrong and you lose it...may the games sink in transit.

I think this is the lowest I’ve seen this hobby go. Shame shame shame.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#9021 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Shame on anyone rushing to throw $12,500 to buy a game that doesn’t belong to you.
I kinda hope something else goes wrong and you lose it...may the games sink in transit.
I think this is the lowest I’ve seen this hobby go. Shame shame shame.[quoted image]

Focus on who you shame. DP, ARA I get it.

New buyers that want to buy one owe nothing or have zero stake in this to existing buyers. Not the new buyers fault. No shame in getting some more TBL games out in circulation.

#9022 4 years ago

Unless I am reading this wrong, new buyers are the *only* chance EAs have at getting their games in the future.

#9023 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Unless I am reading this wrong, new buyers are the *only* chance EAs have at getting their games in the future.

Sounds like original people that went through Cointaker will get money off of the 12.5k. Everyone else will have to dump 12.5k into it (new or original buyers).

#9024 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That is so wrong. We are not talking conceptually, it's literally like buying stolen goods. I am sure DP won't tell the prospective buyers "Oh by the way, this game was already sold but we are reselling it to pay off our debt, and eventually we'll get back to the first owner, thanks very much..."

It’s not. DP has commitments... they have failed to deliver no doubt. But the same thing could have happened before (and has with other companies too).

It sucks for EAs... but it’s the reality of buying into a company making a bunch of promises instead of goods on hand. You are at their mercy... and there is little room for moral high ground in these sink or swim kind of situations.

Dp showed years ago that making EAs whole was not priority one. This is not a shock anymore...

#9025 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s not. DP has commitments... they have failed to deliver no doubt. But the same thing could have happened before (and has with other companies too).
It sucks for EAs... but it’s the reality of buying into a company making a bunch of promises instead of goods on hand. You are at their mercy... and there is little room for moral high ground in these sink or swim kind of situations.
Dp showed years ago that making EAs whole was not priority one. This is not a shock anymore...

I think of people who sign up to buy a Stern LE before it is released, before they ever play it. Munsters LE frenzy, gamble. Except you know you will get a game.

Oh shit - wait- that was me!!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9026 4 years ago

Anyone getting a game and consider selling it ! Let me know
Thanks

#9027 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anyone getting a game and consider selling it ! Let me know
Thanks

Call Cointaker to purchase one.

#9028 4 years ago

The people that had deposits in with us will pay the same price of 12,500 or they will not get one.
Not our doing, but in order to get the games, this is the cost.

#9029 4 years ago

Once these 40 are gone, they're gone. No way in hell any new one's will ever be made. It takes a lot of capital to set up manufacturing and tooling.....DP has no CAPITAL. This is a quick way to get semi whole with ARA and they're out. They tell people a good story about setting up manufacturing in China but it will never come to fruition. Why would Cointaker want to attach their good name to this train wreck for a slight bump in profit. Let's say they make $1500 off each game, so $60,000 and down the road when the train wreck happens and NO more are made.

#9030 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

The people that had deposits in with us will pay the same price of 12,500 or they will not get one.
Not our doing, but in order to get the games, this is the cost.

So people put in a deposit at a lower price point and are now being told to pay more or they don't get a game?

#9031 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

New buyers that want to buy one owe nothing or have zero stake in this to existing buyers. Not the new buyers fault. No shame in getting some more TBL games out in circulation.

I'm starting to think shame on cointaker...

#9032 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

So people put in a deposit at a lower price point and are now being told to pay more or they don't get a game?

That’s the way I read it.

Remember this is not Cointaker, this is DP’s price.

I believe Cointaker is trying to help - however - people might unfortunately point at them.

#9033 4 years ago

For everyone complaining about the price, if you want this game, now is the time to get it. Pinball pockets are deep in this hobby and these games will sell out by the weekend if not earlier....

#9034 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's A or B dude. Get it?

Yeah that's right, be thankful you have SOMETHING after all this time.

100% of NOTHING is what?...................NOTHING

#9035 4 years ago

If you’ve got the cash and you want one, looks like it’s now or never. Still, lots of uncertainty and maybe after years of getting screwed, people will be extremely skeptical and cautious.

#9036 4 years ago

Unfortunately that price is no longer offered to us. Our prices have increased immensely as well. No one is happy about this entire situation.
Either we pay the price they are requiring or the games go over to the European market,

#9037 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I will absolutely shame anyone who buys these. You know they belong to someone else. It’s buying “hot” goods. That’s unethical. It’s taking glee in “I got mine” knowing someone else is being hurt. If you’re that type of person, I only wish pain for you.

Quoted from RobF:

That’s only if you believe this new story from known liars. My take: This is happening so Barry & ARA can call it square. After these games are gone, DP will officially cease to exist, you’ll never hear from Barry again or see any more TBL.

#9038 4 years ago

That’s only if you believe this new story from known liars. My take: This is happening so Barry & ARA can call it square. After these games are gone, DP will officially cease to exist, you’ll never hear from Barry again or see any more TBL.

Unfortunately I think you hit the nail on the head.

#9039 4 years ago

You can think shame on CoinTaker, but it was we bring the games to the US and offer to people who want them or they go overseas.
We are not making a huge profit on this in anyway shape or form. We are simply trying to offer customers who want this title the option to purchase
and are hoping that Barry can find an investor and get this back up and running...By the way, I am one of the EA holders as well and have even purchased
some of the EA's place in line and I am not keeping any of these games for myself. I am out the funds as well if this never takes off for several spots.

#9040 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For everyone complaining about the price, if you want this game, now is the time to get it. Pinball pockets are deep in this hobby and these games will sell out by the weekend if not earlier....

Every single one of those deep pocketed people are scumbag trash people. Please let yourselves be known so I can spit on you if we’re ever to cross paths.

Shame.

#9041 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

You can think shame on CoinTaker, but it was we bring the games to the US and offer to people who want them or they go overseas.
We are not making a huge profit on this in anyway shape or form. We are simply trying to offer customers who want this title the option to purchase
and are hoping that Barry can find an investor and get this back up and running...By the way, I am one of the EA holders as well and have even purchased
some of the EA's place in line and I am not keeping any of these games for myself. I am out the funds as well if this never takes off for several spots.

What is the plan past the current 40-50 games currently being held?

#9042 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every single one of those deep pocketed people are scumbag trash people. Please let yourselves be known so I can spit on you if we’re ever to cross paths.
Shame.

Tell us how you really feel

#9043 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Shame.

Sounds a bit judgmental. I learn every Sunday it is not my place to pass judgement. Not that it is working 100%

#9044 4 years ago

I think they are hoping to get an investor and start production again, at least I would hope that is the plan.

#9045 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Shame.

Hey I'm just telling you what I know will happen. I certainly wouldn't spend that amount for TBL but as soon as this news starts to get widely known, those games are gone.

And for the record pointing fingers at Cointaker is ridiculous. They're bringing this game over here so someone can have the opp to buy otherwise there is nothing.

They did this with alien as well - ONLY distributor to deal with that nonsense and give people like me the opp to have one. Their top tier in my book.

#9046 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

What is the plan past the current 40-50 games currently being held?

There aren't any more being currently held.

They need to get these future games "produced" after this batch goes out the door via the settlement.

It's pretty simple and common sense.

NOBODY is paying any deposits. If you want a game in the future then somebody is going to make it and you can buy it.

Will it get built? Who knows.

#9047 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey I'm just telling you what I know will happen. I certainly wouldn't spend that amount for TBL but as soon as this news starts to get widely known, those games are gone.

delt31 you know you can’t pass this up. Pull the trigger man!

#9048 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

I hope I am still on that list from the last time it was rumored and we spoke. I would still like to be one of the 40. Give me a call in the AM, I also sent you an email. Thanks!
-Sean G

#9049 4 years ago

So hopefully these machines get some legs and the code can be updated. If so these machines will be pretty valuable. Good look everyone who gets one

#9050 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I hope I am still on that list from the last time it was rumored and we spoke. I would still like to be one of the 40. Give me a call in the AM, I also sent you an email. Thanks!

I think it is a safe bet / gamble. Even if they found an investor, the price point would still be 12.5k because these 40 will sell quickly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/181?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.