(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,279 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Scotty_K
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 306.
#8651 5 years ago

What is the actual cost of the machine, new from a distro?

I seem to remember $8500 as the initial cost, spread across 4 or 5 payments.

#8652 5 years ago

I had ~$1500 down payment on a quoted price of $10k, but my down payment was returned last month without any communication whatsoever.

#8653 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Lots of these games listed in the last 30 days,
Maybe the guys in the inner circle ⭕️ know more then they say . Maybe insider trading ?

So random customers, all strangers to one another and spread around the globe, have an inner circle preparing for this day? And you guys believe proprietary information is secretly being leaked so they can hoodwink unsuspecting buyers?

That's an fanciful conspiracy you got there.

#8654 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

...if true no one is getting over 10k for their original run games since NIB from distributors is 10k...

Dont be so sure. Have you seen what people here are willing to pay sight unseen for a game? Dude, people were paying above NIB for TNA to be the "guy on the street with the new oooo shiney toy before anyone else had it"......

#8655 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Dont be so sure. Have you seen what people here are willing to pay sight unseen for a game? Dude, people were paying above NIB for TNA to be the "guy on the street with the new oooo shiney toy before anyone else had it"......

Agreed. IF this whimsical Kanada tale is real I am offering 15k for any TBL NIB that any early adopter wants to sell on receipt. This game Will hold value for a Long time no question.

#8656 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What is the actual cost of the machine, new from a distro?
I seem to remember $8500 as the initial cost, spread across 4 or 5 payments.

It was $8,500 pre-ordered.

Shipping from CoinTaker (US distributor) or Nitro (Canadian distributor) not included.

#8657 5 years ago

Ditto!

#8658 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am offering 15k for any TBL NIB that any early adopter wants to sell on receipt.

Ditto!

#8659 5 years ago

Guys why pay $15,000?? If they fire up the line at ARA again you will be able to buy a TBL for 10k + shipping

#8660 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Guys why pay $15,000?? If they fire up the line at ARA again you will be able to buy a TBL for 10k + shipping

I am speculating but I suspect (assume) IF any of this rumor is true the games being released are the games that were held captive at ARA to pay the delinquent bill the DP clan left them with. Just a guess but would make sense as we have not heard anything from the court case since. Sadly if that was the case I doubt the EA buyers would be the direction they would go as DP already burned that money long ago. Not a happy assumption just a guess.

#8661 5 years ago

I'm preorder #1234...
So... when #1230 ships wake me up!

#8662 5 years ago

I'm just hoping the code progresses now. This is really cool to hear!!

Brian

#8663 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Sadly, fake news

I texted with Barry yesterday about whether there was any news. Overnight the news was launched. I checked again with Barry this morning. He says he has no idea where the news is coming from, but it's not true.

#8664 5 years ago

I really don't believe what Kaneda says....ever. Why would he have some magical insider info that no one else knows about? He is just stirring the pot and causing trouble like he always does.

#8665 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I really don't believe what Kaneda says....ever. Why would he have some magical insider info that no one else knows about? He is just stirring the pot and causing trouble like he always does.

He is right about one thing though, pinside is much better without Hylton..

#8666 5 years ago

People are focused on the wrong aspect of this news leak. Hostage TBL’s are being released for briefcases full of tidy whities, maybe ... big deal. What good is TBL without a rug under it? A joint announcement by DP and ARA that production of more rugs has begun would set my heart a flutter

#8667 5 years ago

Sorry to confirm that what Kaneda is telling isn’t true.

Wonder where he got his intel, he sounded very sure.

#8668 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Shocker.

#8669 5 years ago

Thanks for going to the source, @unigroove. Funny how simple that can be for getting a straight answer.

#8670 5 years ago

Until there is an official statement from DP and or ARA, this is all speculation, we all know Renesh is connected to those guys personally and has covered for them and lied (or at least misdirected) on their behalf before over the years...

Frankly it’s been years since there has been any real open honest communication about this game from any party involved or on the peripheral.

#8671 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Lots of these games listed in the last 30 days,
Maybe the guys in the inner circle ⭕️ know more then they say . Maybe insider trading ?

So if it's not true, does this mean the Lebowski secret inner circle of seller's were fed bad intel from their Overlords?

I really wish people would take a deep breath before jumping to obvious conclusions. Some of you guys set speed records in connecting erroneous dots and you carelessly smear innocent people in the process.

I've seen these accusations of insider trading going all the way back to the original Medieval Madness remake announcement. I myself was accused of it when I sold my Magic Girl spot. And I've seen these same allegations 3 or 4 different times now with Big Bang Bar whenever a few go up for sale.

Sorry to single you out, Londonpinball. You're not the first here to do it nor will you be the last.

#8672 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. IF this whimsical Kanada tale is real I am offering 15k for any TBL NIB that any early adopter wants to sell on receipt. This game Will hold value for a Long time no question.

There is one for sale right now....

#8673 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And the people that have been paying $18K+ for their prized machines just took a big, deep breath of air and exhaled. Phew.

#8674 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks for going to the source, unigroove. Funny how simple that can be for getting a straight answer.

DP response = straight answer??? Maybe. Maybe not.

Let's not forget that these are the same guys who have been MIA and haven't provided jack shit as far as an update to TBL investors (including me) for months now. (And I understand that they're in the middle of a legal action, but that doesn't prevent them from at least occasionally acknowledging that we're still waiting for ANY word from them.)

Maybe if they didn't suck so bad at communicating with their customers, other rumors wouldn't be seized on so quickly.

#8675 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

DP response = straight answer??? Maybe. Maybe not.
Let's not forget that these are the same guys who have been MIA and haven't provided jack shit as far as an update to TBL investors (including me) for months now. (And I understand that they're in the middle of a legal action, but that doesn't prevent them from at least occasionally acknowledging that we're still waiting for ANY word from them.)
Maybe if they didn't suck so bad at communicating with their customers, other rumors wouldn't be seized on so quickly.

Yup. If B & J weren’t such deplorable cowards & actually kept communicating with the people who gave them millions, we wouldn’t have to rely on rumors & drama.

#8676 5 years ago

what if it's a 'half truth'?

What if ARA is selling the hostage games... while the lawsuit between ARA & Dutch is not resolved? Both sides could be right there.. and the news could also be coming from different directions.

#8677 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

what if it's a 'half truth'?
What if ARA is selling the hostage games... while the lawsuit between ARA & Dutch is not resolved? Both sides could be right there.. and the news could also be coming from different directions.

They had ~20 done during the factory visit that we attended, when production still appeared to be underway (though they latterly claimed it had stopped well before then). Their ex (fired) MD then went on to claim 40 were done, further increasing discrepancy. Now, 70? Doesn't sound likely. But ... Chinese Whispers?

Hopefully Kaneda is right, but I wouldn't count any chickens. All sounds a bit too good to be true.

#8678 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What if ARA is selling the hostage games... while the lawsuit between ARA & Dutch is not resolved?

Because ARA would be in contempt of court in doing so.

#8679 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not necessarily, the court ordered ARA and Dutch Pinball to "figure it out" on their own to start.. Since we're all speculating, what if the compromise included selling the existing inventory?

#8680 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Not necessarily, the court ordered ARA and Dutch Pinball to "figure it out" on their own to start.. Since we're all speculating, what if the compromise included selling the existing inventory?

Any compromise has to be court approved long before any action can take place. Those machines are frozen assets until the courts say otherwise.

#8681 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Any compromise has to be court approved long before any action can take place. Those machines are frozen assets until the courts say otherwise.

Having not read the court papers.. nor being involved... I can't say definitively one way or the other. But that sounds suspiciously like assumptions..

ARA sued DP - not the other way around. Why would ARA's own assets be frozen when a resolution could simply be "you owe us contractually obligated money" or money for other services?

#8682 5 years ago

Maybe Robert and Deeproot have found a way to get DP out of the mess with ARA and will take over the license and manufacturing.

Not sure how deep DP was in it with ARA but for them it might make sense. They know it’s a game a lot of people like and want. Of course the manufacturing capability of deeproot is a big unknown as well. This could provide them with a game to sell while they get their own titles in order.

Lots of moving pieces to this and of course a boatload of money but might be possible.

#8683 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Maybe because Kaneda is a piece of shit thats needs flushed.

#8684 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Maybe Robert and Deeproot have found a way to get DP out of the mess with ARA and will take over the license and manufacturing.
Not sure how deep DP was in it with ARA but for them it might make sense. They know it’s a game a lot of people like and want. Of course the manufacturing capability of deeproot is a big unknown as well. This could provide them with a game to sell while they get their own titles in order.
Lots of moving pieces to this and of course a boatload of money but might be possible.

Given DR's own self-acknowledged issues in getting their own games to market, and the cash burn that Mueller said they were going through, I think they'd be suicidal to take this on too. Seems very unlikely.

#8685 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

And he still wonders why people don't like him

#8686 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

LOL Deep Poop is a big fat nothing who’s made nothing and will make nothing.

#8687 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

ARA sued DP - not the other way around. Why would ARA's own assets be frozen when a resolution could simply be "you owe us contractually obligated money" or money for other services?

Holy shit Flynn, I'm struggling to understand your point.

Quoted from flynnibus:

ARA sued DP - not the other way around

Whoever initiated the lawsuit has nothing to do with the final resolution. What nonsense. A lawsuit was filed with the courts to determine a judgment of their dispute. Both companies now operate in this matter, under the complete supervision of the courts until a determination is made.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Why would ARA's own assets be frozen

Because those machines are not ARA's assets. Where did you get that idea? Dutch Pinball has intellectual property, licencing and money in them too.

Quoted from flynnibus:

a resolution could simply be "you owe us contractually obligated money" or money for other services?

Congratulations, Flynn, you've just characterize the basis of the lawsuit.

#8688 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Congratulations, Flynn, you've just characterize the basis of the lawsuit.

Point being.. the item in contention is a monetary thing... not necessarily unique items. If ARA were compelled to owe delivery of a TBL game.. it doesn't
necessarily have to be one that was built back in 2017. It's an obligation they could fulfill many different ways. It could also simply be resolved with $$.

Obviously handing over a previously built example is easier if it were on hand - but that is not basis for freezing an asset. There are important distinctions between items ARA did for themselves, or things they did on behalf of someone else. If I sell you a promise of building you a house... and we go into a dispute.. you don't freeze the toilet I bought and still have sitting on my warehouse shelves. I just owe you a toilet or some agreed upon equivalent if I lost.

There might have been basis to freeze the disputed assets if DP sued earlier on for non-execution or breech of contract... but again, DP didn't sue.

#8689 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Point being.. the item in contention is a monetary thing... not necessarily unique items. If ARA were compelled to owe delivery of a TBL game.. it doesn't
necessarily have to be one that was built back in 2017. It's an obligation they could fulfill many different ways. It could also simply be resolved with $$.
Obviously handing over a previously built example is easier if it were on hand - but that is not basis for freezing an asset. There are important distinctions between items ARA did for themselves, or things they did on behalf of someone else. If I sell you a promise of building you a house... and we go into a dispute.. you don't freeze the toilet I bought and still have sitting on my warehouse shelves. I just owe you a toilet or some agreed upon equivalent if I lost.
There might have been basis to freeze the disputed assets if DP sued earlier on for non-execution or breech of contract... but again, DP didn't sue.

A toilet analogy instead of a cargument? - Good luck with your typical razzle dazzle response. I had a lapse and forgot how you are.

#8690 5 years ago

Well, that's over....Gucci McFuckleberry took it back.

Back to nothing. B & J still suck for all this. That's still a fact.

#8691 5 years ago

This is...a bummer, man.

#8692 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Kaneda is "so sorry". WTF?!!!

ARGH!!!

My apologies to Pinside for prematurely buying into this BS and excitedly posting that my game was coming. Should have known better. Yet another in a long string of TBL disappointments.

#8693 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If I sell you a promise of building you a house... and we go into a dispute.. you don't freeze the toilet I bought and still have sitting on my warehouse shelves. I just owe you a toilet or some agreed upon equivalent if I lost.

Unless Universal also granted ARA the right to sell Lebowski branded pinball games, this toilet analogy is a turd.

#8694 5 years ago

Rumors aside, other than a final sale of built games one day by DP or ARA, more will never be built.

ARA has no desire to work with DP and Universal will never relicense TBL to these clowns, ever. EA’s have been f*cked once again, although the assault occurred years ago.

#8695 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Son of a bitch!!

I just sent DP a $10,000 wire transfer an hour ago...

I guess I should have learned the first time around

#8696 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A toilet analogy instead of a cargument? - Good luck with your typical razzle dazzle response. I had a lapse and forgot how you are.

Next time I'll use unicorns and daydreams... that seems to be the level of credible you like to deal in.

#8697 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Unless Universal also granted ARA the right to sell Lebowski branded pinball games, this toilet analogy is a turd.

Ability to sell the game is a different angle entirely... but not really relevant to the point contested (that the assets are locked up in the court case). ARA sued DP for monies owed and probably breach of contract terms. Things that not contingent on what assets ARA has or not. ARA's benches, tools, and everything else used to make the games aren't going to be frozen over a dispute to get paid for their work. For the assets to be locked up, DP would have had to make some claims that they're rightfully theirs. Which we know they just tried to walk away from...

#8698 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ability to sell the game is a different angle entirely... but not really relevant to the point contested (that the assets are locked up in the court case). ARA sued DP for monies owed and probably breach of contract terms. Things that not contingent on what assets ARA has or not. ARA's benches, tools, and everything else used to make the games aren't going to be frozen over a dispute to get paid for their work. For the assets to be locked up, DP would have had to make some claims that they're rightfully theirs. Which we know they just tried to walk away from...

Ah, so you are literally talking about selling toilets now. Makes perfect sense of course. I mistakenly thought we were talking about Big Lebowski pinball machines and whether they might conceivably be leaving ARAs shipping dock. I must have wandered into the middle of the wrong thread.

#8699 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Things that not contingent on what assets ARA has or not. ARA's benches, tools, and everything else used to make the games aren't going to be frozen over a dispute to get paid for their work.

Where the hell did I ever say that! And your comment is nonsensical to the existing lawsuit.

Let me clarify it for you in terms you might comprehend along with thread documentation. -- Those **Big Lebowski Pinball Machines** would be (are) frozen by the courts.**
You know, the pinball machines that you believe for some ridiculous reasons are ARA assets that they could just simply sell.

Try and follow along here Flyn:

Quoted from flynnibus:

What if ARA is selling the hostage games... while the lawsuit between ARA & Dutch is not resolved?

Quoted from Mr68:

Quoted from knockerlover:

Quoted from Mr68:

How you made the leap from that to ARA company and personal assets is beyond me. But this is what you do on Pinside, Flynnibus. You twist and spew mumbo jumbo, you obfuscate, you dodge and filibuster all of us into submission.

#8700 5 years ago

Plain and simple, IF DP could sell the hostage games they would. If ARA could sell the hostage games, they would.

The Courts are responsible for the hostage games, first telling both parties to "try to work it out" and come back to the court, and the court agree or not with the deal. If no compromise can be made, the court will dictate who gets the games (or a percentage will go to both parties).

Either way, the games will eventually be sold. It is just a matter of who gets the $$

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/174?hl=mark66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.