(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 306.
#8601 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I have a TBL I got from another pinsider, but also still have a deposit with CT.

I’ll buy one from you when you have two.

#8602 5 years ago
Quoted from Snoogans138:

I’ll buy one from you when you have two.

That could be arranged.

#8603 5 years ago

I never even received my DP T-shirt.

#8604 5 years ago

well done , thanks...
Apparently it 's a remake of "Les Valseuses" a French movie from B.BLier in the mid-seventies , a good movie at the time but now "dated", but really popular , a kind of classic..
Lack of imagination I guess..
I know turturro is friends with Depardieu who acted in this movie back then and that he produced Turturro's "MAC" movie in the 90's..
Well an old "Jesus" character to look forward to anyway , guess there'll be some TBL references here and there , well i hope it's a cool remake movie with new stuff added as the bar is quite high..

#8605 5 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

I never even received my DP T-shirt.

You can have mine. Goodwill wouldn't take it, so I threw it back in the drawer with other shirts I no longer wear:

downloadfile-1 (resized).jpgdownloadfile-1 (resized).jpgil_340x270.1657567773_1h7l (resized).jpgil_340x270.1657567773_1h7l (resized).jpgDynamicImageHandler_4026f8c6-e385-4f2b-8187-ae76331c53c9_grande (resized).pngDynamicImageHandler_4026f8c6-e385-4f2b-8187-ae76331c53c9_grande (resized).png
#8606 5 years ago

#8607 5 years ago

Nice. This and the Amazon commercial were my favorite super bowl hits.

#8608 5 years ago

Is Jeff Bridges hurting for money? I was surprised to see him and Harrison Ford slumming it in Super Bowl ads.

I guess he’s gotta feed the monkey.

#8609 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is Jeff Bridges hurting for money?

True, I guess that rules out the dude as being an angel investor to save us.

#8610 5 years ago

Jeff Bridges net worth: Jeff Bridges is American actor, producer, and country musician who has an estimated net worth of $70 million dollars. Jeff Bridges was born in Los Angeles, California on December 4, 1949.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Is Jeff Bridges hurting for money? I was surprised to see him and Harrison Ford slumming it in Super Bowl ads.
I guess he’s gotta feed the monkey.

#8611 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Jeff Bridges net worth: Jeff Bridges is American actor, producer, and country musician who has an estimated net worth of $70 million dollars. Jeff Bridges was born in Los Angeles, California on December 4, 1949.

And Ford is worth more than that!

#8613 5 years ago

I wonder how negotiations are going? Wonder what would happen if they had an investment firm join in on the settlement talks. Win win if both sides could see the potential future payoff potential?

#8614 5 years ago

I just want TBL to be made again, but sadly, not sure we'll see that happen, with things the way they are.

#8615 5 years ago

Stay tuned for the unveiling of the 5th Anniversary "Fault Edition" at Expo in October.

4 weeks later
#8617 5 years ago

So when are Barry & Jaap going to give people back their money? My friend is still paid in full. He's not a Pinsider. This silence will not stand, man.

#8618 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So when are Barry & Jaap going to give people back their money? My friend is still paid in full. He's not a Pinsider. This silence will not stand, man.

I was hoping to hear original soundtrack.
But all I'm hearing are crickets.

#8619 5 years ago

51AXyFqaJgL._SX425_ (resized).jpg51AXyFqaJgL._SX425_ (resized).jpg
#8620 5 years ago

Very sad they can’t work things out
Like to see Someone come in and save the day ! But that’s not gonna happen

#8621 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Very sad they can’t work things out
Like to see Someone come in and save the day ! But that’s not gonna happen

Dangle enough money in front of someone and anything is possible. Or is that just the lesson of the movie? Ironic, no?

#8622 5 years ago

if anyone wants to play a working one there will be one at Arcade Expo this weekend. Talked to the folks working on it and got it working last night.

#8623 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Never. Your friend might as well plan for the worst. If he does, it a bonus. Sadly. These guys suck.

#8624 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

if anyone wants to play a working one there will be one at Arcade Expo this weekend. Talked to the folks working on it and got it working last night.

nice, was starting to think i might want to sell mine to them here at some point so the public can see it but glad someone else did does it have my 3d printed bracket to better align the ramp and back scoop? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1786982 could bring one sunday if someone is interested

#8625 5 years ago

What parts, mechanisms or components on TBL are prone to breaking and are considered impossible to find ?? What assemblies are the most common ones to not work? Also curious what level the software is running on?

Asking to determine where the risks are to owning this game. There were 50 TBL’s released vs maybe 150 Aliens. Much has been documented about repairing Alien and some solutions were engineered. A big factor with Alien’s maintenance is that following the crash of Heighway, critical replacement parts were found and made available in the market. As a result of all the above, it is possible to operate and play Alien without much stress. So what’s the skinny on TBL?

#8626 5 years ago

haven't had issues, so others may have to chime in on that. the important computer bits are multimorphic boards, linux PC. they sold replacement plastic sets. ive seen more complaints about the bowling alley than anything else, but worked out after all the initial troubleshooting.

pinball mechs are williams parts. the lens over the lower playfield is a CFTBL modified slightly / replaceable.

#8627 5 years ago

I want to buy one.

#8630 5 years ago

This is surprising and outstanding news. I am 100% in on this game, so long as I can buy it in-hand, in-box from a distributor.

B9416BC7-D71F-4CFD-8FA8-23DE1DA40060 (resized).jpegB9416BC7-D71F-4CFD-8FA8-23DE1DA40060 (resized).jpeg
#8631 5 years ago

Woot! Who wants to TAKE MY MONEY for his NIB?!

#8632 5 years ago

I think it is an Early April fools joke. Did anyone else listen to the whole thing?

#8633 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Kaneda says suit is settled and 70 games will ship within 30 days

Quoted from foxtj24:

I think it is an Early April fools joke. Did anyone else listen to the whole thing?

ShameShame

#8634 5 years ago

LOL

#8635 5 years ago

Holy shit if this is real this is an amazing and unexpected news item! I’m day one buyer if i can get from a distributor in box!

#8636 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Holy shit if this is real this is an amazing and unexpected news item! I’m day one buyer if i can get from a distributor in box!

While I have no idea if true or not, I doubt 70 would make it to distros. Some well heeled gents with connections are going to get in before they are even officially announced.

#8637 5 years ago

I listened to the whole podcast and he sounded completely sincere to me. I can’t imagine the number of listeners he would lose if he pulled shenanigans like an “Early April fools joke“. That’s the kind of BS that will not stand, man!

#8638 5 years ago

YESSSSS!!!

#59 is FINALLY COMING HOME!

#8639 5 years ago

Regarding the 70 to be released, aren’t they already spoken for? The BIG news for the rest of us is that there is ostensibly no limit to the number they can make, so everybody who wants one may actually have a chance to get one in the not too distant future. If true, that plane has just soared right over the top of the mountain!

#8640 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

YESSSSS!!!
#59 is FINALLY COMING HOME!

Is that for real? I sure hope so, that would be great.

#8641 5 years ago

And the price can finally come back down to reality. Maybe this explains the recent listing of several for sale...if true no one is getting over 10k for their original run games since NIB from distributors is 10k...

#8642 5 years ago
Quoted from captainBR:

Regarding the 70 to be released, aren’t they already spoken for? The BIG news for the rest of us is that there is ostensibly no limit to the number they can make, so everybody who wants one may actually have a chance to get one in the not too distant future. If true, that plane has just soared right over the top of the mountain!

I would imagine those have to go to the rest of the early achievers. Unless they need to sell those to new buyers to raise funds to make more...but if this is true they will sell a ton. I am sending my deposit back to nitro tomorrow!

#8643 5 years ago

Well I tried finding ARA on the web without any luck lol. My googlefu is failing me. I was going to straight up email them and ask about the games.

#8644 5 years ago

Lots of these games listed in the last 30 days,
Maybe the guys in the inner circle ⭕️ know more then they say . Maybe insider trading ?

#8645 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Lots of these games listed in the last 30 days,
Maybe the guys in the inner circle ⭕️ know more then they say . Maybe insider trading ?

Well since they paid for them, I hope they do know something.

#8646 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

nice, was starting to think i might want to sell mine to them here at some point so the public can see it but glad someone else did does it have my 3d printed bracket to better align the ramp and back scoop? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1786982 could bring one sunday if someone is interested

sd_tom - I am not sure what this does exactly? Since we're doing a bunch of repairs on mine to put it back out on location since the subway has fallen apart I'd like to know if I should get this now and install while we're taking it apart...

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What parts, mechanisms or components on TBL are prone to breaking and are considered impossible to find ?? What assemblies are the most common ones to not work? Also curious what level the software is running on?

Asking to determine where the risks are to owning this game. There were 50 TBL’s released vs maybe 150 Aliens. Much has been documented about repairing Alien and some solutions were engineered. A big factor with Alien’s maintenance is that following the crash of Heighway, critical replacement parts were found and made available in the market. As a result of all the above, it is possible to operate and play Alien without much stress. So what’s the skinny on TBL?

jeffspinballpalace - So on mine, which I think has the most plays of any in the universe(!) the things that have had issues is the cliffy on the scoop broke. The rug sticker eventually will wear through, and the subway has fallen apart. The subway I think they already redesigned for the Xytech ones as my operator who maintains mine had provided feedback to Dutch, but not 100% on that.

Everything else has been working pretty well or else just needs some fine tuning and hasn't actually broken. I can ask my operator for what else he's had to deal with but I don't think there's been much else. We've rebuilt flippers on it but that's normal maintenance. I think the up/down thing on the left ramp can be designed better too since it can get out of alignment and either stay up or down when it shouldn't but extending a metal tab on that would easily fix that.

#8647 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

know if I should get this now and install while we're taking it apart...

its easy to do whenever, no rush. the slot slides over the tongue of the scoop (top) on the dude ramp and just squeezes the clear ramp in a bit more funnel like way. i was getting rejects where the ball hit the sides of the scoop

installation video

#8648 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I would imagine those have to go to the rest of the early achievers. Unless they need to sell those to new buyers to raise funds to make more...but if this is true they will sell a ton. I am sending my deposit back to nitro tomorrow!

I've still got my deposit with Tommy at Nitro. It's been with him for a couple of years now. I hope the news is true as I have had this game on my wish list for a long time.

QSS

#8649 5 years ago

Did the sellers posting these games for sale this month have any knowledge of this ?
I think 2-3 in the last 2 weeks

#8650 5 years ago

Hoping this turns out to be true! All those whom have had money down for years deserve this.

I’d love the opportunity to buy one if production does in fact resume as this game looks awesome. Just not sure I could justify $10k on a single machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/173 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.