(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 306.
#8451 5 years ago

Aren’t the court records public records? If the case was heard and concluded where are the records?

#8452 5 years ago

dupe

#8453 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Well, still some postings here, is there something new?

nope

#8454 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so you know for sure that ARA fucked DP over? can you share why you think that Dave? To me having read the docs posted here so far I don't think thats the case, although that might be moot when the court ruling comes in anyway!

Does we know when the court gives his judgement?

#8455 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Aren’t the court records public records? If the case was heard and concluded where are the records?

A Cliffs Notes version anyway?

#8456 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I genuinely hope everyone either gets their game or their money back but the notion of a private thread disturbs me alot. Part of the value of a community is the community, if more bad stuff happens and is only known in the private thread then how do you make sure no more people are ripped off? Its good that the court case is done though and hopefully this mess comes to an end.
Neil.

Hey Neil
The private thread was set up and I think it is a good idea. It has kept all the bull-shit out, look at the last 15 posts... anything productive, factual been said. Nope, just people giving their opinions, which if they are welcome to do, but I
as an TBL buyer don’t want to have to scroll through all these posts to find there is not 1 FACTUAL thing!

You say about more people getting ripped off. Like who? DP Stopped taking money/ depsosits after this happened. Who else a DP trying to rip off?! No one.. And they have gone on to try and get people their games.
As said another manufacturer was lined up and TBL was ready to go back to into production to get people their games..

It really does surprise me how people overlook this..

Did JPoP do this.. nope, did Heighway do this- the Pinball Bros.. nope.. they just fucked people over..

#8457 5 years ago

Pinhead1982
DP Tryed to get another manufacturer ????BS
Did they pay the first one ??? Nope
What “new manufracture ” would do a deal with bankrupt DP ??? That’s ridiculous

Jaap and Barry took out money for years.
People who rip people off never take responsibility.

Pinhead1982 you have your private thread created to defend DP’s scam congratulations.
Your friends Jaap and Barry don’t use pinside ?
If they are honest, why do they not communicate? They are ashamed, embarrassed and guilty.

Are you ever embarrassed to defend these guys ?

Pinsides who think DP was honest can down vote this post.

#8458 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey Neil
The private thread was set up and I think it is a good idea. It has kept all the bull-shit out, look at the last 15 posts... anything productive, factual been said. Nope, just people giving their opinions, which if they are welcome to do, but I
as an TBL buyer don’t want to have to scroll through all these posts to find there is not 1 FACTUAL thing!
You say about more people getting ripped off. Like who? DP Stopped taking money/ depsosits after this happened. Who else a DP trying to rip off?! No one.. And they have gone on to try and get people their games.
As said another manufacturer was lined up and TBL was ready to go back to into production to get people their games..
It really does surprise me how people overlook this..
Did JPoP do this.. nope, did Heighway do this- the Pinball Bros.. nope.. they just fucked people over..

Jaap was at the Texas Pinball Festival just a year and a half ago and he was pushing the BOP 25th and giving a presentation on the status of TBL... no doubt that the entire trip was paid for out of the pockets of those that had paid for the 200 TBL machines (if not, who?). They were still arrogant enough to be blowing others people money to take all-expense paid trips to conventions that late in the game.

Who are they trying to rip off now? Anyone that would be stupid enough to give them money.. which is no one at this point.

#8459 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Bankruptcy, divorce, death are the best drama situations to make the best deals.

Le malheur des uns font le bonheur des autres. Rien de plus vrai.

#8460 5 years ago

Pinhead1982
DP Tryed to get another manufacturer ????BS
Did they pay the first one ??? Nope
Jaap and Barry took out money for years.
People who rip people off never take responsibility.
Pinhead1982 you have your private thread created to defend DP’s scam congratulations.
Your friends Jaap and Barry don’t use pinside ?
If they are honest, why do they not communicate? They are ashamed, embarrassed and guilty.
Are you ever embarrassed to defend these guys ?
Pinsides who think DP was honest can down vote this post.

So the Xytech games don’t exist? Even tho they were shown at the Dutch Expo- ARA & Xytech games side by side...

#8461 5 years ago

the posts of late have been a great reminder of why the private thread is useful

number of posts in last 2 days in private thread: 0
number of posts in last 2 days in this thread: 42

signal to noise ratio a lot better over there

#8462 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

the posts of late have been a great reminder of why the private thread is useful
number of posts in last 2 days in private thread: 0
number of posts in last 2 days in this thread: 42
signal to noise ratio a lot better over there

Don’t know why I bite Tom..
back to private thread... care to join me

#8463 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Don’t know why I bite Tom..
back to private thread... care to join me

While sad for the buyers of that club I am Very happy I do Not belong to that private thread!!! I suspect it doesn't have a happy ending.

#8464 5 years ago

Wait, this isn't the Pinside DP TBL Zeitgeist thread? No, my bad, it’s the Pinside DP TBL Schadenfreude thread.

I think most just want to know if DP is doing anything positive in the hobby/industry or if we would have been better off without DP and a TBL table altogether. I kind of like playing it. Here’s a foolish thought, maybe CGC can pick up the license?

#8465 5 years ago

Perhaps the greatest feat of DP at this point is to have totally screwed hundreds of people out of thousands of dollars and somehow convince then hope is still alive and its in their best interest NOT to join forces and sue. Why do the beleivers actually beleive this project is somehow still alive? What scenario has been made up in your minds or by the clowns at DP that convinces you that there is hope? Particularly when they have proven to be liars along the way and ANYTHING but transparent.

#8466 5 years ago

I think, like, what we are seeing, man, is, like, you know... it’s like the power of The Dude, man, like...you know?, man? And I am like, being serious, here man, you know dude?

I think there are a large bunch of fellow stoner pin heads who dropped a bundle of cash on a pin they thought would tie their whole gameroom together... and they are not letting go of that dream, well, because there are the rare few who got to live that dream, and even got a rug to go with it.

Now could you see a room full of “Dudes” ever getting sobber enough, or uptight enough, or strung out and un-layed-back enough that they all got together and sued DP?

Nope, and I think that is just the Power of “His Dude-liness”...

#8467 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Perhaps the greatest feat of DP at this point is to have totally screwed hundreds of people out of thousands of dollars and somehow convince then hope is still alive and its in their best interest NOT to join forces and sue. Why do the beleivers actually beleive this project is somehow still alive? What scenario has been made up in your minds or by the clowns at DP that convinces you that there is hope? Particularly when they have proven to be liars along the way and ANYTHING but transparent.

You mean all the story with xytech is just hot air? Wow!
Btw, I always said all pinball fellows that were scammed should submitted a common complaint.

#8468 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You mean all the story with xytech is just hot air? Wow!
Btw, I always said all pinball fellows that were scammed should submitted a common complaint.

#8469 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So the Xytech games don’t exist? Even tho they were shown at the Dutch Expo- ARA & Xytech games side by side...

Pinhead1982 saw with his own eyes it is real, hahaha he drank the coolaid

When you Steel all the money and make up BS about a “new manufacturer” with zero money left or credibility to pay.

Pinhead1982 are you miss guiding EA’s to help DP avoid legle responsibility?

#8470 5 years ago

Pinhead1982 saw with his own eyes it is real, hahaha he drank the coolaid
When you Steel all the money and make up BS about a “new manufacturer” with zero money left or credibility to pay.
Pinhead1982 are you miss guiding EA’s to help DP avoid legle responsibility?

Xytech is real. They did make a couple prototypes. The business plan was for them to make the games in china, maybe less features. Sell new games for new money first. Early achievers that already paid go to the back of the line. IF a profit was to be made that money could be used to fund the early achiever paid for games. Xytech was to fund everything because DP has been broke for a few years now.

#8471 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Xytech is real. They did make a couple prototypes. The business plan was for them to make the games in china, maybe less features. Sell new games for new money first. Early achievers that already paid go to the back of the line. IF a profit was to be made that money could be used to fund the early achiever paid for games. Xytech was to fund everything because DP has been broke for a few years now.

It's shameful that they'd go that route instead of working things out with ARA. Even if the terms weren't ideal for Barry & Jaap, they would have been better served to do right by their customers, then leave ARA after TBL & try to do something else with the lessons they had learned.

#8472 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's shameful that they'd go that route instead of working things out with ARA. Even if the terms weren't ideal for Barry & Jaap, they would have been better served to do right by their customers, then leave ARA after TBL & try to do something else with the lessons they had learned.

But they owed ARA lots of money they did not and could not pay due to poor management on DP's end. That is why ARA sued them. They should have taken ARA's offer of the 51% and got our games made. Instead they are going to screw over xytech just like they did ARA.

#8473 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok but how can you start a « new business » without closing properly the previous one and so on crappy foundations?

#8474 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

But they owed ARA lots of money they did not and could not pay due to poor management on DP's end. That is why ARA sued them. They should have taken ARA's offer of the 51% and got our games made. Instead they are going to screw over xytech just like they did ARA.

That's what I meant. They should have taken the 51% offer...done right by the customers, then figured out a new business venture after all paid for TBL's were built and delivered.

#8475 5 years ago

Great .. now is TBL available ... ähhh, not the pinball for sure ... but a nice anniversary set

IMG_1711(1) (resized).JPGIMG_1711(1) (resized).JPG

#8476 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Great .. now is TBL available ... ähhh, not the pinball for sure ... but a nice anniversary set
[quoted image]

WHAT? NO RUG?

#8477 5 years ago

Looks like you get a door mat, not a rug... Now what is that going to tie together, my front stoop?
Whoops, my bad, not a doormat either... polishing cloth?!? WTF? Ok... whatever... god damn ringer if you ask me...

#8478 5 years ago

Maybe it's a divine ball polisher...

Jesus (resized).pngJesus (resized).png
2 weeks later
#8479 5 years ago

While few Big Lebowski's made it to lucky owners they still deserve so love and support. We were contacted by a collector to create and Improve a common issue of the lower playfield pins cracking due to a weak design and plastic not correct for the application. So we took on the challenge and redesigned the part using a proper high impact Nylon and significantly increased the support. The support now fully covers the full rear of the pin and all other elements including the holes are beefed up! Air brushed detail to complete the stock look and we have Working bowling alleys again!! Sold individually for replacement or as a complete set. Not sure how long or how many we will make but a back up plan is always nice. Plus the Pins really bring the alley together nicely!! We are Honored to be part of your Amazing collections. The Dude Abides! Available NOW from our website store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks for your support and interest
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#8480 5 years ago

Yelobird , I just bought a set of TBL pins. Thanks out to you and the guy who commissioned it!

#8481 5 years ago

pinmister , any luck getting a TBL yet? Seems there a some out there changing hands. Good luck.

#8482 5 years ago

sounds like something broke on the game in question or pitched weird. the ball should not make any contact with the pins on a fully functioning game.

#8483 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

sounds like something broke on the game in question or pitched weird. the ball should not make any contact with the pins on a fully functioning game.

Do explain? There were 3 broken pins in the game I repaired. The ball does hit the pins and that force pushes the plunger up into the coil which pulls it up. Would be curious how you think the pins get triggered to go up without contact from the steel ball? Not a huge market just thought we would offer the replacement upgraded solution to any other TBL owners that might wish to have a back up plan.

#8484 5 years ago

Curious

#8485 5 years ago

They are supposed to go motorized up based on a projectory calculated by the PC based on the moment you release the ball. However, it can happen sometimes they are hit.

So everybody is right here

#8486 5 years ago

Well, My potential add-a bowling-ball mod never took off as it didnt feel right to introduce it before TBL production was well underway ..

But , if anyone needs a spare prototype pin,( for replacement only ) hit me up. Out of the original 2014 set of 100, a few got left behind in my shop .

2AD1707C-DFED-475C-B1C8-313251539E09 (resized).jpeg2AD1707C-DFED-475C-B1C8-313251539E09 (resized).jpeg
#8487 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Well, My potential add-a bowling-ball mod never took off as it didnt feel right to introduce it before TBL production was well underway ..
But , if anyone needs a spare prototype pin,( for replacement only ) hit me up. Out of the original 2014 set of 100, a few got left behind in my shop .[quoted image]

Tell us about your mod. Some of us (me) may be interested.

#8489 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The ball does hit the pins and that force pushes the plunger up into the coil which pulls it up.

nope

Quoted from Rensh:

They are supposed to go motorized up based on a projectory calculated by the PC based on the moment you release the ball. However, it can happen sometimes they are hit.
So everybody is right here

yeah, it is a timing thing not a contact thing. if someone has 3 broken ones, i can imagine the pins were deactivated but the ball was not.. so people kept launching balls against broken mech.

which could happen on route or something, so in that sense its a useful thing to have spares of. i can't imagine someone in their home who knows better is going to going to do that regularly.

if its happening that the ball is running faster than the computer thinks and hits a pin, i'd be looking for ways to slow the ball down a hair. i'd first adjust level of the game.. a steeper playfield makes a less steep bowling alley to see how far you are out. if the game is too steep before the timing corrects then I'd look into how i could shim rhe bowling alley independent of cabinet.

of course, you can go too far the other way and it kind of spoils the effect where the pins are going up so early that it is very noticeable and spoils the effect

#8490 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

yeah, it is a timing thg to do that regularly.
if its happening regularly that the balls is running faster than the computer thinks and hits a static down position pin, i'd be looking for ways to slow the ball down a hair. i'd first adjust level of the game.. a steeper playfield makes a less steep bowling alley to see how far you are out. if the game is too steep before the timing corrects then I'd look into how i could shim rhe bowling alley independent of cabinet.

What happens after ball is released, does it even matter where the ball travels? So game could be setup 1” high on right side (be totally out of keel) and you could release the ball aligned but ball would become a gutter ball on the left side because of the imbalance. But because of your release, it scores as a strike????

If any of that is accurate, how would changing pitch of game to slow down the ball help because the ball doesn’t make contact with pins?

#8491 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What happens after ball is released, does it even matter? So game could be setup 1” high on right side (be totally out of keel) and you could release the ball aligneed and the ball would become a gutter ball on the left side. But because of your release, it scores as a strike????

correct. i will go get photos since people may be curious and my memory not perfect but i think there is an IR beam the ball breaks that starts the clock. the 'which pins should go down' is predetermined based on the direction the launcher is facing. all in all, its pretty convincing given nothing is actually tied to ball hitting anything.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If any of that is accurate, how would changing pitch of game to slow down the ball help because the ball doesn’t make contact with pins?

im talking a hypothetical scenario where for whatever reason the ball is 'beating' the pre programmed timing.. getting to the pin before it is pulled up. the timing is pretty tight, to casual observer they may not notice the pin is already moving prior to ball striking it.

#8492 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

pinmister , any luck getting a TBL yet? Seems there a some out there changing hands. Good luck.

Still looking for the right deal and waiting for Munsters reveal. May put up a wanted ad after New Year and ask a friend if I can come over and play his game in the meantime. The problem is after every time I play TBL-it makes me want the game even more.

#8493 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Tell us about your mod. Some of us (me) may be interested.

I made some balls for the side plate , as decoration. Pretty much the same that are offered for sale on pinside .

As a DP team member I did not find it appropriate to sell things to folks who are waiting still on their games.

#8494 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

yelobird , I just bought a set of TBL pins. Thanks out to you and the guy who commissioned it!

Can you sell me one?

#8495 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I made some balls for the side plate , as decoration. Pretty much the same that are offered for sale on pinside .
As a DP team member I did not find it appropriate to sell things to folks who are waiting still on their games.

Just a Guess but I think the wait for paying clients to get a game from DP is Long over.... wish I was wrong but seems obvious at this point. Just trying to support what would have been one of the best game themes ever created and do what little we can to help keep the Few lucky enough to protect these pieces for others to enjoy.

#8496 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a Guess but I think the wait for paying clients to get a game from DP is Long over.... wish I was wrong but seems obvious at this point. Just trying to support what would have been one of the best game themes ever created and do what little we can to help keep the Few lucky enough to protect these pieces for others to enjoy.

Sure, a good thing. Carry on I say for the Lucky few

6 weeks max , judges verdict will be out, and then its no longer an assumption of what when or what.

Haters will hate, lovers will love .

#8497 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

6 weeks max , judges verdict will be out, and then its no longer an assumption of what when or what.

Who is Hating?? I make parts for a game I Wish I had. What part of my effort did you see as hate. umphhhh

#8498 5 years ago

Does this pinball get any updates ?

#8499 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

So 6 weeks for now, there might be a hope that TBL production will resume ? I would be first in line to get one, we are lucky enough to have one on location here in San Francisco, TBL is a masterpiece in every possible way, the game, the theme, the give me the f**** money, the dude's head in the toilets, it's just endless, really never felt that excited about a game !

#8500 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So 6 weeks for now, there might be a hope that TBL production will resume ? I would be first in line to get one, we are lucky enough to have one on location here in San Francisco, TBL is a masterpiece in every possible way, the game, the theme, the give me the f**** money, the dude's head in the toilets, it's just endless, really never felt that excited about a game !

Project is dead. They heave been out of money for years, Now they are being sued by their contract manufacturer for non payment. Case went to court 1 month ago. Even if they win they have no money to fulfill the 100 or so units that have already been paid for at 8500 each.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 15,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/170?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.