(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 306.
#8401 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

What you need is a TBL on free play and a magic carpet to take you there...
Thanks Kim...
[quoted image]

I want your rug!

#8402 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I want your rug!

Not mine to sell, just took her for a test drive but...

how she held the room together!

#8403 5 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Something every dude needs! Although still only in pre-order....

Well, at least you know you'll actually get it.

Word is that the Blu-Ray is going to be the same old master that's been out forever...not sure if the 4k disc will be an entirely new master. I haven't gone 4k yet, so I would have bought it if the Blu-Ray was a new transfer.

#8404 5 years ago

Releases tomorrow, so I’ll probably toss the 4K in player this weekend and give it a spin see how it looks.

#8405 5 years ago

All of the old movies being re-released in 4k have looked like crap so far. If it is just up converting it is a waste.

#8406 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

All of the old movies being re-released in 4k have looked like crap so far. If it is just up converting it is a waste.

I'm watching on a 130 inch screen with a 1080p projector, and to my eyes it looks as good if not better than most of the movie theaters I go to...I'm just not that hyped to switch to 4k when 1080p still looks gorgeous to me. Also the price of true 4k projectors...holy shit lol

#8407 5 years ago

Exactly. All that matters. Screw any of the specs trying to force premature obsolescence.

#8408 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also the price of true 4k projectors...holy shit lol

Not to mention "4K UHD" is not true 4k anyway (consumer grade).....4/2/0 sample rate, not 4/4/4....true 4k on home gear? good luck

(apologies...have no good reason to be in this thread..just read it now and then)

#8409 5 years ago

Not only that but they still cant get 1080P right. What makes you think they will do 4k any good?

#8410 5 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Something every dude needs! Although still only in pre-order....

Thanks for posting! This went right on my Christmas list.

Lebowski BoxLebowski Box

Shipping now from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Lebowski-20th-Anniversary-Gift-Blu-ray/dp/B07G1XX3MM/

#8411 5 years ago

Interesting,they dropped the $ in the Title font which I believe was added at the 10th anniversary and is included in the pinball.

#8412 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Interesting,they dropped the $ in the Title font which I believe was added at the 10th anniversary and is included in the pinball.

Glad they did, I never liked the $ change. Seems like the fonts should be baked in for a 20 year old movie.

#8413 5 years ago

Clearly people here like quirky culty weird character movies...these are definitely weirder than Lebowski, but I feel like in the future these might have a similar cult following...I loved The Greasy Strangler when it came out a few years ago...it's currently on Amazon Prime for free if you have it! Beverly Luff Linn comes out this weekend. I saw a screening of it a few weeks ago and loved it.

#8414 5 years ago

If anyone gets the 4K, I'm interested in the digital copy. Have paypal or starbucks points to trade.

*Edit* - also have other digital movies to trade!

#8415 5 years ago

Someone better snap this up...

AF42723C-4C11-420F-BCC6-083D28E1B0E3 (resized).pngAF42723C-4C11-420F-BCC6-083D28E1B0E3 (resized).png
#8416 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Someone better snap this up...
[quoted image]

I talked with the owner. The pin is sold. Owner says it didn’t sell to a Pinsider.
Guess there’s a life outside Pinside.

#8417 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Clearly people here like quirky culty weird character movies...these are definitely weirder than Lebowski, but I feel like in the future these might have a similar cult following...I loved The Greasy Strangler when it came out a few years ago...it's currently on Amazon Prime for free if you have it! Beverly Luff Linn comes out this weekend. I saw a screening of it a few weeks ago and loved it.

Watched the greasy strangler tonight.

#8418 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Watched the greasy strangler tonight.

Bullshit artist!

1 week later
#8419 5 years ago

So can we call it? This thing is dead.

bf719f0c80b142893e20998815a7a125-729x486 (resized).jpgbf719f0c80b142893e20998815a7a125-729x486 (resized).jpg
#8420 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So can we call it? This thing is dead.
[quoted image]

Take the lid off the can and look for yourself.

2.5 years ago DP was on life support and it died 1 year ago. Some have seen it wiggling, but those claims are unsubstantiated. This company and TBL pinball are dead, and remain dead until further notice.

#8421 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Take the lid off the can and look for yourself.
2.5 years ago DP was on life support and it died 1 year ago. Some claim they have seen it wiggling, but those are unsubstantiated claims. This company and TBL pinball are dead, and remain dead until further notice.

It's just weird that this thread died...I guess everyone just wants to "hope and pray" in the private thread?

#8422 5 years ago

I have played several since they appeared at Expo, and it sucked until they updated it. My pinball league president got his TBL and a rug to sit it on that really ties the room together. The software made a difference. How many TBL’s were actually produced, anyone know?

#8423 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have played several since they appeared at Expo, and it sucked until they updated it. My pinball league president got his TBL and a rug to sit it on that really ties the room together. The software made a difference. How many TBL’s were actually produced, anyone know?

Around 50 or so went out, plus there are allegedly 40 more new in the box at ARA since 2016 being held hostage.

Code updates are not the problem with TBL. The problem is that hundreds have paid for it & not received it, and people are SILENT on the topic.

#8424 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Around 50 or so went out, plus there are allegedly 40 more new in the box at ARA since 2016 being held hostage.
Code updates are not the problem with TBL. The problem is that hundreds have paid for it & not received it, and people are SILENT on the topic.

People are not silent, they just went to the private thread.

#8425 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

People are not silent, they just went to the private thread.

Why hide?

There are plenty of people who just lurk who have money tied up in this venture. The story should be public.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8426 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why hide?
There are plenty of people who just lurk who have money tied up in this venture. The story should be public.

From a non-purchaser point of view, I'd love to see the drama as it unfolds.

If I were a purchaser, I would like to see the above BS avoided. If DP requested a secret page, that's one thing. It's not, so owners should be able to discuss amongst themselves, in private.

#8427 5 years ago

I would think, if those 40 some machines are given back to DP and since all monies are involved in building those, they would auction them off for say 20k or whatever they could get in an open market then pay people back proportionally. If any one wants one that money back could go for whatever they are going for. Basically like bankruptcy without putting them there.

#8428 5 years ago

Stop whining and pining, you guys are all welcome to join the club, it only costs $8500!

enhanced-buzz-3934-1382637240-32 (resized).jpgenhanced-buzz-3934-1382637240-32 (resized).jpg

#8429 5 years ago

@rarehero, thanks for the update. Now I feel bad for those who took the risk. I came close to being in the same boat with them, but the wife saw some reason not to trust DP, having to put up that much front money and take a chance on a new manufacturer. She trusts CGC with $1000 for MBrLE though.

#8430 5 years ago

Don't worry about the private thread. Nothing new really going on over there. I actually quite surprised how quiet the EAs considering how many have $$ tied up in the game and nothing to show.

#8431 5 years ago

Fraud victims are embarrassing quite most of the time.
Can any EA’s name the 2 guys who stole your money ?

#8432 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bullshit artist!

I may switch out my TNA music with the strangler soundtrack.

#8433 5 years ago

If you haven't seen someone bash the Dude's car with a heavy metal ball then you might not actually be a living being. Take a small mirror, hold it near your mouth and exhale. I predict the mirror will not gather steam.

I wasn't up to the task that night in Boulder but someone was. An image I'll take to my grave, smiling.

DudesCar (resized).pngDudesCar (resized).png
#8434 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Fraud victims are embarrassing quite most of the time.
Can any EA’s name the 2 guys who stole your money ?

Really?

Posts like this are why I don't bother with this thread anymore.

#8435 5 years ago

Yep! It’s been quiet on the private thread because we are waiting for something for an update, we aren’t posting and then having 15-20 posts of others comments..
that have no skin in the game, or if they do they are refundable desposits..

As Far as fraud goes... How is taking money to start production, producing a game and then getting fucked over by the manufacturer, then going to a different manufacturer, getting ready to start up and then a court case by manufacturer that fucked You over..

Court case has been held, judge is to make a decision. That’s the FACTS at the moment..

This thread has been quiet because nothing to make speculation about, bitch about, others to comment.

Back to the private thread

Later Dudes!

#8436 5 years ago

Free pin cup and shipping to the first EA to post the names of the guys who stole your money .
Pinhead1982 you are eligible for the prize

#8437 5 years ago

Did this actually ever come out at all? I saw a pinball distro site with it for sale.

#8438 5 years ago

DP could only keep the shell game going long enough to make 50 games before they were caught.

#8439 5 years ago

Free pin cup and shipping to the first EA to post the names of the guys who stole your money .

Are you referring to Jaap and Barry?

#8440 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yep! It’s been quiet on the private thread because we are waiting for something for an update, we aren’t posting and then having 15-20 posts of others comments..
that have no skin in the game, or if they do they are refundable desposits..
As Far as fraud goes... How is taking money to start production, producing a game and then getting fucked over by the manufacturer, then going to a different manufacturer, getting ready to start up and then a court case by manufacturer that fucked You over..
Court case has been held, judge is to make a decision. That’s the FACTS at the moment..
This thread has been quiet because nothing to make speculation about, bitch about, others to comment.
Back to the private thread
Later Dudes!

How is “not paying the manufacturer” getting “fucked over” by them? They had a chance to reconcile after Rene left ARA, but they were too stubborn to take the 49/51 deal, which would have gotten games to customers. Jaap put his ego in front of his responsibilities.

As for “skin in the game” - we all
have skin in the game if our friends are getting ripped off. I was lucky enough to get a refund, but I have friends with pre-orders that aren’t Pinsiders...I like to help them with information when I can.

#8441 5 years ago

I don't know how we are making it in the private thread without the public thread brain trust. We will muddle through I suppose.

#8442 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I don't know how we are making it in the private thread without the public thread brain trust. We will muddle through I suppose.

"8-year-olds, Dude."

#8443 5 years ago

The losers are not just the lame posters, or those reading the lame posts. As far as I am concerned we all lose when shit like this sticks to our collective hands in the hobby/industry. I hate having to defend either side, be it people who have been shit on, those that took the shit, or those left to clean up the mess. Either way another pinhead (or two or three or a hundred) gets shit on, and frankly that just plain sucks balls, and not the steel kind either.

#8444 5 years ago

Foxtj24 has the correct answer
Jaap and Barry

send me ur address and I will ship that new pincup tommrow

#8445 5 years ago

I genuinely hope everyone either gets their game or their money back but the notion of a private thread disturbs me alot. Part of the value of a community is the community, if more bad stuff happens and is only known in the private thread then how do you make sure no more people are ripped off? Its good that the court case is done though and hopefully this mess comes to an end.

Neil.

#8446 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

producing a game and then getting fucked over by the manufacturer, then going to a different manufacturer, getting ready to start up and then a court case by manufacturer that fucked You over..

so you know for sure that ARA fucked DP over? can you share why you think that Dave? To me having read the docs posted here so far I don't think thats the case, although that might be moot when the court ruling comes in anyway!

#8447 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I genuinely hope everyone either gets their game or their money back but the notion of a private thread disturbs me alot. Part of the value of a community is the community, if more bad stuff happens and is only known in the private thread then how do you make sure no more people are ripped off? Its good that the court case is done though and hopefully this mess comes to an end.
Neil.

Blame robin it’s his sandbox we just pay for it.

#8448 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I genuinely hope everyone either gets their game or their money back but the notion of a private thread disturbing. Part of the value of a community is the community, if more bad stuff happens and is only known in the private thread then how do you make sure no more people are ripped off? Its good that the court case is done though and hopefully this mess comes to an end.
Neil.

The stuff from the private thread will leak over here.

#8449 5 years ago

Anyone interested in selling their Big Lebowski?

#8450 5 years ago

Well, still some postings here, is there something new?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/169?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.